Topic: Favorite Fighters

Favorite Fighters?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

11.29.2011 | 10:29 PM ET

I KNOW! Its been done a million times but I was wondering along with your top 10 favorite fighters, what is your favorite fight that they have been in?

* Edited at 11.29.2011, 10:40 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Responses Page 2

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

11.30.2011 | 12:46 AM ET

1&2 each other
3. I liked how he fought against Fitch, he was so technically sound that night
4. Hendo vs Shogun is to obvious, i am going with Hendo vs Wlad
5. Couture vs Liddell I
6. Silva vs Ramage II
7. Bas is just Bas!
8. BJ vs Machida even though he "lost" he went and stood up with a guy 30 lbs heavier
9. Edgar = Heart
10. Big Nog vs Sylvia and cro cop and Sapp and that truck. (when he was given a less then 10% of living) that is an epic win for me

* Edited at 11.30.2011, 12:47 AM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.30.2011 | 5:24 PM ET

1. Tito's redemption against Ryan Bader, just so ridiculously happy after watching that
2. Silva destroying Forrest Griffin, that was just amazing
3. The first fight I ever saw of his, against Urijah Faber at UFC 132. His style is just so sick.
4. Against Brett Rogers, he just dominated him. Favorite part was when he just grabbed Rogers and threw him like he was a backpack.
5. Two of them, Leben vs Terry Martin where he's getting killed for 3 rounds and then he just throws one punch and kills him. The other was the very first time I ever saw Wanderlei Silva fight, and by god was it amazing. An epic 21 seconds for sure.
6. Gegard vs Jacare, an upkick KO? Really?
7. Take a wild guess -_-
8. Mayhem vs Shibata, that fight is Mayhem at his most ... Mayhemlike.
9. Aoki vs Hirota, that was so brutal yet amazing. Runner-up would be Aoki vs Yushiro Nagashima, that was HILARIOUS.
10. I don't know if exhibition bouts count, but his against Aoki was such an amazing display of Judo and Sambo prowess. If exhibitions don't count, then Tim Sylvia getting his ass KO-ed (only cause I hate Tim Sylvia) and his kimura against Kevin Randleman. Only Fedor can get spiked and then flip him over and pull a kimura out of his ass.

"الله أكبرl"

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

11.30.2011 | 7:48 PM ET

mine, got some crazy ones in there but I stand by my guys

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.01.2011 | 1:15 AM ET

i will be adding ronda rousey and miesha tate. overeem will fall to 11th and sonnen is getting on my nerves by attacking ring girls so he will fall to 12th. i do half my rerankings manana. i will update it then.
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,351  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

07.21.2012 | 6:01 PM ET

i like the twist to this....
1.Dan hardy -has been my fav since i first seen him in ufc just something about him ,fav fight-when he fought and beat mike swick not only did i enjoy the trash talking leading up to that fight because that win hardy got  reach a dream of his and compete for ufc ww championship but we all know how that turned out
2.Derek Dexter - on here cause hes my best friend for life ! hang otu with the guyevery day - fav fight, when he won his first amateur championship vs gauron at a victory card
3.Chris weidman- been fan since first seen him in ufc i feel hes the future p4p guy dominant wrestler with subs and ever improving stand up and trains with one my all itme favs- fav fight, when he just fought and beat munoz cause it showed me hes getting ready ! its his time soon
4.Micheal Bisping - iknow majority of mma fans hate this guy but ive loved him since i seen him on tuf with tito and ken his energy he has his attitude its all awesome ! fav fight, him and wanderlei cause wanderlei was one of the first guys i was fan of but oddly enough not so much anymore still respect the guy and yea a fan but not hardcore like i am to these top 10 like these top 10 i will never go gaint that how it used to be for silva but times have chnaged mainly when he fought bisping i realised i ****** like bisping way more then wand haha 
5.MATT serra- the reason i like him is funny i was not anymore but  a huge gsp hater even tho im from canada so because of that i wnated to see someone beat him and i liked serras style  i always quote him "i'm a ninja turtle  i like martial arts and love pizza" anyways i actually bet 5 diff people 10 bucks on this fight i said seraa was gonna ko gsp 1st round and to my surprise cause in back of my head i was like **** gsp is gonna win again LOl but he didnt :)
6.Junior Dos Santos- one of my favs just cause his personality and his hands are deadly i love watching him fight , fav fight when he beat frank mir getting revenge for his mentor big nog
7.Joe Lauzon - cause hes a game geek and last person you expect to be able to kick some ass ,when he beat melvin cause as manyof you i dislike melvin  a close 2nd tho is when he beat pulver
8.Joe Benavidez - reason i like him well more now then ever is reading his life story in the faber book that guy been thru alot ! and love his style never give up attitide always in your face even tho hes usually the smaller guy,fav fight when he beat miguel torres cause torres had beef with team alpah male cause faber said years before they fought that joe b was top 135 and miguel was pissed and sayin **** but when they fought joe b was first man to submit him
9.urijah faber-been huge fan of since back in wec  one the first reasons i member was cause his song lmao but then i grew to admire and respect him as he was  and first person ive bought a book from and i love it most inspiring book ever read really the reason i been doin so much mma training following my passin and putting it into my everyday life like he says (for future he might be up more o n this list), fav fight, gee theres alot but i think id have to pick when he fought eddie wineland cause it was his time to shine his dreamcome true to finally be in ufc and he passed his first test in ufc great!
10. Paul Daley - why cause hes ****** awesome! not a thing i hate bout this man really the defintion of a badass striker even if he gets koed his fun is to stand there and punch people in the face or get punched,fav fight even tho he lost was with nick diaz and im sure you all know why that fight is striker slugfest heaven ,and fav moment of paul daley hands down without a doubt the suckerpunch on koscheck ! he deserved it sayin he was gonna stand and bang but layed and snored deff all time fav moment even beats when i seen ihm fight live at ringside 12 vs luigi fiorvanti

10 swtiches alot between daley,tito ortiz and shinya aoki tito mainly cause he was one first guys attracted me to the sport and aoki cause that man is magic on the ground and  ilove jitsu hes my idol when it comes to jiu jitsu him or maia!
and as you can see im huge fan of british fighters,hardy,dexter,daley and bisping all in my top 10

* Edited at 07.21.2012, 6:04 PM ET *

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Betting Preview: Lomachenko vs Kambosos and more
  • Bad Left Hook : Rafael Espinoza vs Sergio Chirino official for June 21
  • MMA Junkie : Upkick alert! Canadian prospect Jayden Martin cracks opponent in jaw for TKO
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira explains why he won’t fight Roman Dolidze at UFC Louisville
  • Bad Left Hook : Alimkhanuly vs Mikhailovich targeted for July 13 in Las Vegas
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Claims He’s NOT Fighting Dolidze At UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : 'Is Jon Jones that same guy?': Daniel Cormier says heavyweight champion's form untested in divisional debut
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners: Antitrust settlement ended without ‘any further changes to UFC’s existing business operations’
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Vows to Retire Conor McGregor at UFC 303, Explains Viral Pic with Machine Gun Kelly
  • MMA Junkie : FedEx reportedly fires worker chucking boxes in viral video from UFC CEO Dana White
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: ‘Lewis Vs Nascimento’ Predictions
  • MMA Junkie : On the Doorstep: 5 fighters who could make UFC with May wins
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Has ‘Something Special’ Planned for Dustin Poirier at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : FedEx Drops FedAx On Dana-Doxxed Box Basher
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Sean O’Malley leaking sparring footage, Jon Jones pitching Alex Pereira fight
  • Bad Left Hook : WBC orders Haney to face Martin
  • Bad Left Hook : WBC orders Devin Haney to face Sandor Martin
  • MMAFighting.com : Report: Dana White viral video leads to careless FedEx driver firing
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 loses welterweight bout for 'medical reasons'
  • MMA Mania : Gooden Pulled From UFC St. Louis