Topic: Top Welterweights - 170 lbs.

Lets discuss our WW rankings

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.16.2012 | 5:31 PM ET

This should do it sir 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Responses Page 3

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

01.06.2013 | 11:36 AM ET

@Bill... Nate already beat Tryone.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Kalibo
Kalibo

01.06.2013 | 11:38 AM ET

Our Top Tier is pretty much the same though @Bill... I just have Nate M. in there where as you have Maia.  I have Nate in there b/c he holds a belt, but I think they're interchangeable right now.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.06.2013 | 12:00 PM ET

OK, then, Kalibo.  I will now move Nate up to my Top Tier.  Thanks for that info.  The Strikeforce event just ended and I didn't check its results.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Kalibo
Kalibo

01.06.2013 | 12:06 PM ET

@Bill.. Nate beat Tryone back on July boss man ;).  His next fight is the 12th of this month against Tarec Saffiedine.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.06.2013 | 12:08 PM ET

Oops.  Yes, you're right.  

* Edited at 01.06.2013, 12:10 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.06.2013 | 12:11 PM ET

God I need a cup of coffee to get my brain going.  I'm a little slow here.

Kalibo
Kalibo

01.06.2013 | 12:12 PM ET

No worries... I spelled "Tyrone" wrong in my last post lol... I won't edit it as an example that we all screw up at times!

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.06.2013 | 12:21 PM ET

Regardless of mistakes, tapology would be heaven on Earth if we all stayed calm and respectful.  After all, this is suppose to be pleasant sports chat.  We're not negotiating Jerusalem and the children are safe.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,861  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

01.06.2013 | 2:09 PM ET

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

01.06.2013 | 2:23 PM ET

Bill, you're referencing Fitch's opponent's rankings at the time of his wins over them is reminding me an awful lot of Fedor fan's circa 2009-2010 when I used to post on mmanews. The sport evolves and as it does those wins need to be recalculated with current rankings in place. When you do that, Fitch is still highly ranked but hardly a shoo-in for #2. MMAmath may not always work but it does sometimes and when you give more weight to more recent fights, head-to-head performances, and those vs. common opponents, especially within a similar timeframe, McDonald's dominance of Penn could place Rory above him, Condit's performance vs. GSP could place him above Fitch, even Diaz and Kampmann could in theory be looked at as, currently, better fighters. Certainly not historically or based on their entire career but right now they could.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.06.2013 | 2:45 PM ET

Jon Fitch VS Rory McDonald, please, God, make it happen!
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.06.2013 | 2:46 PM ET

BTW, my ranking is not based on reality, or even my belief system.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.06.2013 | 2:49 PM ET

@mule  I hear you.  Which is why it is imperative that Fitch no longer be denied the opportunities to prove his ranking.  If he is allowed to fight top contenders Condit, MacDonald, Diaz and Hendricks, I am sure he will give you more than enough to confirm his high ranking.

Which is why I know that Dana White will NEVER again allow Jon Fitch to prove himself.  There is a reason the UFC keeps giving him mid-tier guys.  He deserves Top 5 fighters. You can't prove a #2 ranking unless you are given Top 5 competition.

Hence, the conspiracy that only I and Anik can see.  It remains invisible to everyone else.

* Edited at 01.06.2013, 2:54 PM ET *

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

01.06.2013 | 2:52 PM ET

I'd love to see Hendricks VS Diaz and Rory VS Fitch.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.06.2013 | 2:55 PM ET

Good Golly Miss Molly.  Nice Top 10.  Oddly, it seems to fit the avatar.  

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

01.06.2013 | 2:58 PM ET

I would love to see Fitch vs Rory happen, but Dana wouldnt let it go down

"3HUNNA"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.06.2013 | 3:05 PM ET

So would I and everyone else, Trae.  We'd all love to see Fitch take on Rory, Nick, Carlos and rematch Hendricks.  But unfortunately for all UFC fans everywhere, Dana White comes up with his illogical, putrid argument that he doesn't want to derail a perfectly good contender by letting Fitch have them!!!

What a logical disconnect?!?  If Fitch is such a washed-up loser, how could he pose such a serious threat to such an up-and-coming killer like Rory???  You would think Rory would just walk through the aging, one-dimensional loser, wouldn't you?

But no, Fitch is gonna get all the guys that won't matter.  Marquardt, Cote, Simpson, Siyar.  Anyone who wouldn't give Fitch any bounce at all back towards the Top 5.  Watch and see.  My words are incisive.  Serve you well they can.  These words will come to pass as prophecy.

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

01.06.2013 | 3:18 PM ET

Bill I was with you on your post until you said Marquardt doesn't matter......

Nate is one of the more well rounded better fighters on the planet. I like Fitch. I respect Fitch but Nate would beat him. Nate is far far better then you think. I don't know where your distain comes from towards Nate but you are way off when it comes to his ability. I'm not sure if you're just unaware or delusional. I tend to think your just unaware.

Just a side note for what it's worth Ed Soares was asked if he was ever nervous before a Anderson Silva fight. He said yes but only once. It was before the Marquardt fight. He and Anderson understood the all around game Nate possesed that made him so dangerous.

I hope a Nate/Fitch fight does happen. Maybe you will be enlightened afterwards bill. I mean no disrespect but you can't talk about Nate like he's some second rate bum.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

01.06.2013 | 3:27 PM ET

@p4pgoat  I was not trying to disrespect Nate at all.  Not one single bit.  But here is the context that I was referencing Nate in.

My purpose is who does Fitch have to beat to re-establish his #2 ranking again?  

To that end, he must fight Condit, Diaz, MacDonald and Hendricks.

To fight Nate will do absolutely nothing to put him back into the Top 5.  Nate himself is trying to re-establish himself in the UFC Top 10.  If they fight each other, it does nothing whatsoever for either of them to claw their way back into the Top 5.

To get back into the Top 5, you must beat a Top 5 guy.  That is the only context I was referencing Nate in, p4p.  Dana White knows this only too well, and hence will never give Jon those he needs.  Condit, MacDonald, Diaz and Hendricks.  

Good question.  Thanks for asking such a good question.

* Edited at 01.06.2013, 3:30 PM ET *

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

01.06.2013 | 3:33 PM ET

I promise Bill if Fitch beats Maia he will get a top 5 guy. Especially if he can finish Maia. Nate/Fitch would put the winner one win away from a title fight in my opinion. Nate might actually go back up to 185 due to the fact he's not going to fight GSP anyway.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’