Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 4

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.15.2013 | 11:09 PM ET

@ AnikM - the 145 women's division does exist. It just doesn't exist in the UFC. There's women all over the world in other MMA orgs that fight at 145.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.15.2013 | 11:21 PM ET

"When/If they ever meet, I know that Cyborg will beat the ******* **** out of Rousey. I'd be willing to bet my av and sig on for two ******* months."

Thats not even a substantial amount of time to bet on a fight when you are so sure Cyborg would win. If it happens at 135, I accept the bet. Lets make it six months though. There is a catch. We have to wait for the drug test. If any PEDs are found in Cyborgs system I win by default.
Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.15.2013 | 11:22 PM ET

I call dibs on that bet, I hope you like some SNSD

Edit: Dammit MadDong

* Edited at 05.15.2013, 11:23 PM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

05.15.2013 | 11:27 PM ET

Can't wait for Invicta to feel sorry for Fallon Fox and bring him to fight Cyborg . then we can see what happens in a fair testosterone filled fight . Man-o a Man-o

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,312  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

05.15.2013 | 11:30 PM ET

That sounds like a challenge, I might take that bet on the side of our Goddess-like Cris Cyborg.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.15.2013 | 11:46 PM ET

@ MadMikeXD - Default? Given Cyborg's recent history that could turn into a sucker's bet against me. I tell you what, here's the terms of the bet. If they fight sometime this year, possibly next year (because one of them could defeated by someone, and all of sudden the wind is blown out of their legacy. It's MMA...........today's greatest fighter could easily become tomorrow's gatekeeper. Look at Chuck Liddell, Fedor, Cro-Cop, Rampage, Wandy, and Pedro Rizzo).

Back to the bet at hand.......If they fight somewhere in the near future and are still relevant to women's MMA, no matter what weight they fight at, if Rousey wins, I'll let you pick my av/sig for 8 weeks. If Cyborg wins, then I pick yours for 1 week. If the fight happens, and Cyborg wins, but fails the post or pre-fight drug screen, then I'll let you pick my av/sig for 2 weeks.

What do you think?

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.15.2013 | 11:47 PM ET

@ curtwag84 - LOL, too damn funny. Had to give you thumbs up on that.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.15.2013 | 11:49 PM ET

@ MadMikeXD - Another term for the bet. The loser has to post a thread paying homage to the winner, and announce to Tapology that they lost the bet.

* Edited at 05.15.2013, 11:49 PM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.16.2013 | 1:16 AM ET

Who cares about Chris Santos?  Sports fans care.  MMA fans care.  What I find less interesting is championships.  I care about sports and who is the better fighter.

What is unfortunate is some fans are intolerant of those who disagree with their opinions.  Opinions are cheap.  We all have them.  

If they ever meet, I would put up my avatar and signature in a bet for 2 months.  But I predict that Rousey will find all kinds of excuses to duck Cyborg.  I predict she will never fight her, ever.  It would be like the witch doctor when a doctor arrives.  As far as I'm concerned, Rousey is irrelevant unless and until she beats Cyborg.

Say what you want, feel what you need to.  We all have our opinions, and Rousey will never fight Cyborg, and if she does, she'll be beaten within an inch of her life in the standup.  There will be blood.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 1:17 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 1:49 AM ET

*BAM!!!!!!* Mr. Burgess knows what time it is!!!! Bill Burgess all day long!!!!!

To add to what Bill said.............it doesn't matter where the fight takes place, Cyborg will demolish Ronda Rousey. If Rousey goes for her one-trick armbar, Cyborg will slam her on head. Rousey tries to stand with her, it's night night Ronda, and if Rousey tries to grapple with her, Cyborg will get her too the ground and pound on Rousey until the ref pulls Cyborg off. No matter which way you look at it, Cybor will crush Rousey inside the 1st round!!!!!! AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE, CUZ REV. JAY KOOL SAID SO!!!!!

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 1:51 AM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

ifightbears
ifightbears
  • Predictions:  2,175  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  600
  • Post Score: 257

05.16.2013 | 2:19 AM ET

Ronda didn't exactly do herself any favors by dropping to 135 on the cusp of a title shot at 145.  I want to say that "Ronda Rousey is the champ and Cyborg popped for steroids so why should Rousey do any favors for her?"

But, the more I see the situation, the more it seems like Ronday is hiding behind the fact that Cyborg won't go down to 135.  My beef with that is, 140 isn't too much to ask of Ronda who is a very large 135er.  If Cyborg is willing to go to 140, then Ronda should be willing to there too.

"Wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 3:28 AM ET

MMA fighters are funny people.  Not funny ha ha, but funny interesting.  They are very often so hyper-aggressive, that they say things or do things that show more guts than brains.

BJ Penn willing to fight bigger guys in WW.  Jon Jones willing to eventually go to HW.  Benson Henderson willing to move up and fight GSP.  

And then there are those guys willing to drop weight divisions, not because they enjoy the weight cut, but because they are so hungry to win belts.  So many LHW moved to MW in search of championship belts.

Vitor Belfort, Wanderllei Silva, Frank Shamrock, Phil Baroni, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, Michael Bisping.

So, when someone drops down in a weight division for no particular reason, it gets attention.  It is conspicuous.  

When Ronda Rousey dropped from the Strikeforce 145 lb. class, on the cusp of being offered a title shot against a scary opponent, it looks suspect.  Why wouldn't she want the title shot, the big money that goes with it, and the nice stud on your resume?  Doesn't make a lot of sense.

She would have accrued solid benefits from fighting for a belt, even if she lost.  To have fought for a belt is a material asset and confers luster on one's resume.  It boosts your asking price to have fought for a belt because it proves your quality.  It's a certificate of competence, so to speak.  Like a frameable document to decorate your wall.  Like a Gold Record for a recording star.

So, I remain quite sceptical as to why Ronda Rousey would have chosen that odd, ***** behavior that went against her interests.  The logical course of logical behavior would have been to fight for the title, receive all the tangible benefits that accompanied that good event, and even if you lose, THEN drop down to seek another belt.  But to drop down prematurely, thereby giving up all those tangible benefits, goes against sense, reason and logic.  And shows poor sportsmanship on top of all that.

That is why I question Rousey's heart.  I question her confidence.  I wonder if she can rebuild her confidence foundation.  It looked like the rabbit escaping into the briar patch to escape the fox, and then taunt the fox from the protection of the briar patch.  

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 4:46 AM ET *

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 5:22 AM ET

Another great post from the great and powerful Bill Burgess!!!!

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.16.2013 | 9:16 AM ET

And this is where the Cyborg fans' logic breaks apart.

It's the biggest fight in women's MMA between the two best women MMA fighters...but WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT WMMA? The only people that know WMMA are the hardcores, a lot of the casual viewers haven't even realized that the UFC has a ******* women's division, let alone know who Cris freakin' Cyborg is.

The comparison jaykool chose to use was Anderson Silva and GSP fighting at a catchweight...well guess what, PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNOW WHO THOSE TWO ARE. Anderson and GSP are two of the three biggest names in the sport today, if you know what MMA is you know those two guys. There is a build-up, there is interest for this fight from casual fight fans, people care about these two fighters. On the other hand,wWho the **** is Cris Cyborg?

She's a NOBODY, her name value is smaller than Miesha Tate's, Liz Carmouche's and Cat Zingano's. If they were to main event a pay-per-view with Cyborg and Rousey, it would get less than the number of buys UFC 157 got because Rousey would carry it but there wouldn't be a title on the line. No one knows who Cyborg is and no one cares; that's why it'd be useless to have them fight at a catchweight.

Basically what I'm saying is that no one knows who Cyborg is, so she's not in the position to say anything. Cyborg could go Silva/Griffin on Rousey's ass for all that we care, the problem is that no one wants to pay for that unless it's for a ******' title; if it wasn't it would be USELESS.

A Cyborg/Rousey fight at a catchweight makes absolutely zero sense and if you disagree, you're an idiot who should never think about creating a business, ever.

"الله أكبرl"

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

05.16.2013 | 10:13 AM ET

@AnikM FINALLY someone is making some sense in this thread

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 12:11 PM ET

@AnikM God man what's happened to you?  Who are you and what have you done to the real AnikM?

You are now posting like a casual, mainstream fan.  Those people do not normally buy a PPV.  They only buy a PPV if a GSP fight is involved, or a heavily-built-up Silva/Sonnen fight.

But we here on tapology are ONLY hardcores.  We are talking to ourselves here.  The casual, mainstream Fox TV viewer does not know we exist and if they did, they wouldn't care.  Only hardcores go to the trouble to post on MMA discussion boards.

Who cares?  WE care.  We care about the sport of MMA.  We care about who is the better fighter with respect to A vs. B.  We care about who would win, Rousey vs. Cyborg.  We care because we love sport more than the money, fame, title aspects of this sport.

And you are a hardcore, AnikM, or you wouldn't have found your way here.  And as a hardcore, YOU SHOULD CARE.  And if you don't care about who would win between those 2 particular fighters, then I question your hardcore credentials.  

Why you choose to approach and address this subject as someone who doesn't know who Cyborg is is troubling and disturbing.  You know who Cyborg is and that is why you should care.

Stop thinking about this as if you're Dana White, protecting an invested asset and start thinking about this like a hardcore sports fan who gives a **** about the sport and what's best for the sport.

For the longest time, White was a clueless, ignorant *******, pretending woman's MMA was a non-issue, and that no one wanted to see woman fight.  I was a lone wolf, howling in the wilderness that WMMA was a viable, credible, marketable sport, worthy of the UFC creating a WMMA division.

White hid behind the pathetic excuse that there were not enough women to form a division.  I said, 'Build it and they will come.'  

And guess what?  I was right and White was wrong.  So much for all those who said the UFC knew what they were doing and I should shut the **** up!!!  I was right all along, just as I was right about the UFC ******* Fitch.  

Trust me, young Hunna.  I know about these things.  My Crystal Ball is pristine clear.  Dana White never should have **** on Cyborg by saying she wanted nothing to do with Rousey.  White drove her off with his insults and taunts.  But Cyborg is an incredible, marketable asset and White needs to bring her back, apologize, and make this ******* fight!!  Dana White simply must make this right.  This fight, if marketed right, will be a very big money fight, and draw huge traffic in PPV terms.

Mark my words, young Hunna.  This fight can be HUGE, if done right.  

Oh and by the way, your posts would be more powerful if you drop the unnecessary vulgarity.  You throw away your impact for nothing.  Too many F-bombs lose their power and cancel themselves out.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 12:24 PM ET *

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

05.16.2013 | 12:34 PM ET

@BillBurgess just used 12 paragraphs to say, nothing.

Please do not give us examples of you being right, where Dana was wrong. That man was buildng a sport while you were slow dancing with whoever that is, getting your picture taken.

@Anik is right, their is no way this fight will happen (at a catchweight) and draw in anyone other than the hardcores. Hardcore's are fine and I would most definitely watch that fight however, the money spent would be thrown out the window.

"Oh and by the way, your posts would be more powerful if you drop the unnecessary vulgarity. You throw away your impact for nothing. Too many F-bombs lose their power and cancel themselves out."

Grow-up, we're adults - if dude wants to swear - let him. Don't be so sensitive.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 12:40 PM ET

@jm  I'd respond to you if you had made a point.  I gave 2 valid examples of where White was 100% wrong and I was right.  What's so wrong about me showing that White can be wrong on multiple MMA subjects?

Does that bother you?  I guess it does.

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

05.16.2013 | 12:42 PM ET

lol i saw @jm and got really sad for a second . Im liking this @jmc guy

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

05.16.2013 | 12:43 PM ET

@curt. I thought the exact same thing. "they're back?? Noooooo!"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Accuses Jon Jones Of ‘Playing Games’, Says Fight ‘Not Looking Very Likely’ To Happen
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Returns To Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown shed a tear after telling UFC he was retiring: ‘A piece of you dies’
  • MMA Mania : Volk: BMF Belt Makes Another ‘Blessed’ Fight ‘Worth Getting Out Of Bed For’
  • MMA Junkie : Grant Dawson draws rebound inspiration from teammate Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of Benavidez?’: Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of David Benavidez?’: Jim Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Daniel Cormier loves Jon Jones’ ‘smart’ call for Alex Pereira: ‘It’s much less risky’ than Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Mania : Saint Denis Vs. Tsarukyan ‘Would Be Perfect’
  • Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • Jits Magazine : Big Names Hit The Mats At IBJJF Atlanta Spring Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight