Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 7

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.16.2013 | 5:33 PM ET

Just thought some might enjoy watching the fight where Chris defeated Gina Carano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUG5fOOE8Vc

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.16.2013 | 5:34 PM ET

Once again you fail to see the point.

It's not because of Cyborg's skills. She deserves a shot at Rousey's belt.

"الله أكبرl"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

05.16.2013 | 5:36 PM ET

I love that fight  15 sec in and Gina has mount . If only she was a bronze medal judoka and not an actress

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 5:47 PM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.16.2013 | 5:39 PM ET

@ AnikM - You're so funny. You call me an idiot in not so many words just because I don't see things the way you do. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black there. Agree with me no matter what I say, or I'll insult you. Then on another thread, you're praising what I say. Kind of hypocritical there, but hey whatever makes you feel better about yourself on this particular subject at this point and time right? 

I've said it before, and I'll say it for a 3rd time. Have them fight. I don't care at what weight class, for what title, or what promotion. When/If they fight, and Cyborg demolishes Rousey, then that will end this whole debate once and for all.

So far, none of the pro-Rousey group has given any thing close to a viable reason or skillset as to how Rousey could or would be able to beat Cyborg. All I keep getting is, "Rousey's hot!!!!", "Cyborg's a cheater", "Cyborg's ugly", "Rousey fights for the UFC", or "Cyborg does roids." or I get insults, disrespect, or belittling.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Anik
Anik

05.16.2013 | 5:52 PM ET

@jaykool777 Here's the thing jaykool: it's not personal. Nothing I say is personal, even if it seems that way. If you post something that's worth praising, it shall be praised by your messiah himself. However, if you post something that's dumb, I will dissect it, defile it, ridicule it and show it to everyone. It's not personal in any way.

And here's another thing; I always say I'm wrong and if you disagree, you're an idiot. I always praise the few people who have proved me wrong and I always admit when I am wrong but the problem is that it almost never happens. If your argument is a sound one, then I have no problem with it even if I disagree with it. However, if your argument is flawed I will rip it up like messiah's dad ripped up little Chase's *******.

Now back onto the subject. Notice what you said.

" Have them fight. I don't care at what weight class, for what title, or what promotion. When/If they fight, and Cyborg demolishes Rousey, then that will end this whole debate once and for all."

I'm not saying otherwise, what I'm saying is that the problem with this fight is that no one outside of a couple of hardcore fans care about the debate, let alone knowing about it. The debate is only amongst hardcore fans and while we would want to see the fight, sports is a business and the UFC has to be able to make money off of that fight. The only way they could do so is if the fight is for a title.

That's all I'm saying. I'm all for seeing Cyborg and Rousey fight but financially it would make no sense and the only way it would is if it was for a title. That is all I'm saying.

Also you're wrong and dumb for disagreeing with me.

"الله أكبرl"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.16.2013 | 5:56 PM ET

@Jay

Just curious...Do you still think Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen was a fix and the single worst stoppage in the history of MMA?
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 5:58 PM ET

Cyborg is ugly?  C'mon.  She's not.  In some shots, she looks masculine, but in others, she looks fine.

And judging from her weight in from the Carano fight, where's she gonna lose 10 lbs.?  Even if she had her breasts removed, she still wouldn't get to 135.  She's ripped and cut and has no where to get those extra pounds to shed.

And Anik?  If I could understand your point in your post, I would be able to dash off a strongly worded retort.  But your post is neither here nor there, or anywhere.  I had no idea what you wanted to say.  

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 6:02 PM ET

@ AnikM - Now when you post intelligently like that, how can I argue? I see what you're saying about it being for a title. Personally, I just don't see how the fight wouldn't be marketable period, but that could be shear bias on my part because I am a hardcore MMA fan. ****, I love MMA so much I got the full sports package from DirecTV so I can watch the smaller org fights on MSG and MSG+.

On that note, and to that extent, I say that you're right, but I still want to see them fight, and I think it could be marketable.................and I still think that Cyborg is the better fighter. LOL!!!!!

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 6:04 PM ET

@ MadMikeXD - LOL, no. I've gotten over that. I was hammered pretty ******* good that night, but after re-watching the fight a few times, I thought it was a pretty bad stoppage. I still don't get why they used such an inexperienced referee for that fight, but I don't think there was a fix.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 6:06 PM ET

AnikM's point fails.  He asserts that fights only make sense if they are for a title.  That is false information.

If GSP fights Anderson Silva at a catchweight of 178, or some such number, everyone would still watch it for the sporting element. It would still have great sporting value and every true MMA fan would like to see it happen.

Would they love it more if it was at 185?  Probably.  But so what?  We would want it regardless because we're true fans.  The same would hold true if Benson Henderson were to fight GSP at 165.

So stop talking like an accountant.  It doesn't suit you.  Go back to talking like a sports fan.  You're better at that.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 6:07 PM ET *

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.16.2013 | 6:09 PM ET

@Bill, you're missing what @Anik is saying again ... that Cyborg/Rousey isn't GSP/Silva (or even remotely close). He's saying that if it's not for a title, no one cares (which I don't agree with entirely, but I get his point, and as of now he's right).

He didn't "assert that fights only make sense if they're for a title", he asserted that this particular fight only makes sense if it's for a title. Big difference. And if you try to think outside of your personal POV as a hardcore MMA fan, you'd see he's quite right saying this.

You can't compare the validity of a none-title fight between the two biggest names in MMA today with one between the two best WMMA fighters today (which basically, only hardcore MMA fans care to see).

He wrote you this a few posts ago.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 6:15 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Anik
Anik

05.16.2013 | 6:55 PM ET

Thank you yossgold, the second disciple. I do not want to waste my time with someone as remarkably stupid as Mr. Burgess.

"الله أكبرl"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.16.2013 | 7:05 PM ET

Haha...Bill called Anik an accountant.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

05.16.2013 | 7:09 PM ET

First point, yes Bill she IS ugly. Hideous in fact.

But to the fight itself, the fact is Ronda's 100% right, she's 145 because she's roided out of her ******* mind, and if she quit and dieted a little bit she can undoubtedly make 135. UNDOUBTEDLY.

But for whatever reason she doesn't want to, and thus doesn't want to be in the UFC fighting the best and making the most money.

In fact she's quite ridiculous not only in this line of thinking but going around saying Ronda is scared of her when she isn't even in the big league. And hiring Tito Ortiz to be your manager speakes leaps and bounds in and of itself.

So in conclusion, it's Cyborg who doesn't want the fight, not Ronda, so why is it even being discussed?

Edit: and LOL reading through this thread I think Anik might be more obsessed with me than Nick or Wolf. Which is disappointing since he's not a blithering idiot like the other two, but it's sad all the same. I hadn't even stepped foot in this thread and haven't addressed you in days, why are you talking about me in multiple posts? 

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 7:11 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

05.16.2013 | 7:19 PM ET

@theMMAmessiah I don't know Sparky, I'm just obsessed with you. You just consume all of my thoughts.

In all seriousness though, the reason why I brought your name up is because I can and you can't do a thing about it.

EDIT: I just realized how you went through all of grade and high school. Whenever someone insulted you or tried to bully you you just took it as a compliment and assumed they were obsessed with you. Funny.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 7:21 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

05.16.2013 | 7:26 PM ET

@anik no but I think someone who uses my moniker on other media, talks about me incessantly even when I'm not around, knows all of what and when I do something on here, and someone who engages in off tapology conversations about me when I've never uttered your name in actual speech is yes, obsessed with me.

Your post and the conversation had nothing to do with me and your insult didn't have anything to do with your argument either, which just means I'm on your mind for no reason at all? Why?

Like I said, you're a whole lot smarter than the others, but it's still just as pathetic.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 7:30 PM ET

@AnikM Alright.  Your choice.  That was the last time I will cut you slack, making excuses for you, or advocating for you and waving your pom poms.  You post mean-spirited and ugly.  I'm done with you and I walk away.  

@Messiah You show you're a young kid.  Calling others ugly is something older, more mature people learned to not do.  If we stuck you in a room of woman, would you get high marks for attractiveness?  Few of us would.  Let him who is without flaw throw the first rock.

If you want to educate yourself on this subject, re-read jaykool's incisive posts on this thread.  Your analysis presumes to know too much.  You seem to know how her body responds to steroids, how much weight she could lose now, her reasons for this and that.  

Someone should follow you around writing down your every word, while you still know everything.  That trait fades away when you hit 30 you know.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 7:36 PM ET

Ooohh.  AnikM & Messiah.  Any more tender pillow talk between you and people will say you're in love.

Can't help but notice Messiah has Cyborg listed #1 in p4p.  And AnikM omits her completely, making his list irrelevant.  

So how long have you two been going steady?  

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

05.16.2013 | 7:36 PM ET

Not that it matters at all, but yes Bill, I'm pretty sure that most girls think I'm attractive, but who knows I only have 24 years of knowledge existing as myself. 

And immature? How? You said she was attractive, she's obviously not. People your age think others are either attractive or unattractive as well so your point really made no sense...

and finally just because Jaykool spends forever and a day on his explanation posts, doesn't mean they have some supreme incite. Regardless of any other bit of information, the UFC only has a 135 class, if she can't make 135 she doesn't' deserve to have a spot on the roster, bottom line.

@bill I don't update my rankings man.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 7:38 PM ET *

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

05.16.2013 | 7:44 PM ET

Some of these posts are hilarious. Like Bill's stating that Anik is posting "false information" when its Anik's opinion, albeit likely the only correct one under the circumstances. See, the market drives these things. If the rest of the world wanted this fight as bad as some of you all do, it would happen. Know why? Because people would pay a ****load to see it. 

If you're on some budo trip and think Rousey should fight Cyborg because that's what warriors do, then the same argument applies to Cyborg -- because her management company said she would have dropped to 135 but she didn't like the terms of the deal she was offered. Not very budo friendly, if you ask me.

Cyborg is a great fighter but both her and her management fail to realize she had no leverage at all now, being relatively unknown and having pissed hot. Her only path to legitimacy in the eyes of the mass consuming public at this point is hunting down Rousey and fighting Rousey on her terms. Rousey is a household name that a bunch of little girls want to be like now. Cyborg is the ex champ of a defunct org who called into question all of her previous wins by testing positive for a PED. And she looks like she eats that stuff all.day.long.

Headshot Burgess.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jake Paul Ready to Embrace the Backlash He’ll Receive by KO’ing Mike Tyson: ‘I’m Going to F*cking Put Him Down’
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Predictions, Main Card Preview And Betting Lines
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor 'disgusted' by Ryan Garcia's positive drug test: 'Get your head together or kill yourself'
  • Jits Magazine : Four Former Trials Winners Given Invites To ADCC 2024
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Hopes to ‘Finish His Story’ at UFC 302 with a Lightweight Title Victory Over Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Puking Gomis Pulled from UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Cameron splits with Matchroom, signs with Queensberry
  • MMA Junkie : William Gomis vs. Jean Silva scrapped from UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins, bout cancelled
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Cal Ellenor vs Niall Wilson
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter lands just one punch for 11-second knockout
  • MMA Mania : Updated UFC 301 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro