Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 5

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.16.2013 | 12:43 PM ET

Here is a Bleacher Report that underscores how wrong White is.  Here it shows he is NOT promoting women's MMA.  He's promoting Ronda Rousey!  Does anyone see a problem with that?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1640500-5-reasons-rousey-will-lose-her-belt-to-zingano/page/2

What happens if and when Rousey loses?  Does the UFC dump all the other women?  Over promoting 1 person and ignoring all the other women is a losing proposition.  White desperately needs to pull his bald head out of his ass.  

The UFC needs to focus on women and less on Rousey.  The TUF is a good start.  If Rousey loses to Cat, who will then care if she ever fights Cyborg?  No one.  That's who.  Checkmate.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

05.16.2013 | 12:45 PM ET

I have a feeling that Anik is going to have a field day with you using the Bleacher Report as a source!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

05.16.2013 | 12:46 PM ET

Bleacher =

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 12:48 PM ET

Sure Bleacher Report can be ridiculous, but they can also be right.  Focus on content, not on source.

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.16.2013 | 12:50 PM ET

The Bleacher Report taught me how to defend myself against a seabear attack.

No wait that was the Bikini Bottom Inquirer and Fake Science Monthly
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

05.16.2013 | 12:52 PM ET

ok how about you contradicting yourself

"The UFC needs to focus on women and less on Rousey"

"The TUF is a good start"

Back to back no less . TUF is the ultimate focus on women.  TUF is what launched UFC into the spotlight  and now they are using it to launch WMMA into the spotlight.

I would expect no less from a Bleacher report fan . maybe you can site Tommy Toe hold as a source next.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

MMATycoon
MMATycoon
  • Predictions:  7,154  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 227

05.16.2013 | 1:14 PM ET

I agree with TS. Cyborg probably KO's everyone in any WMMA list. However, Ronda is definitely a more markeatable name/figure right now.

"www.mmatycoon.com"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 1:55 PM ET

@jm  With respect to AnikM's cussing.  You do realize I am not scolding Anik just to criticize or belittle him, don't you?  I am scolding him because I care about him.  He has it in him to become a pro writer of impact with something to say.  

So, I am trying my best to guide him along the proper paths to his destiny of greatness.  He loses not only style points but softens his impact when it could be intensified by softer words.  But just in case anyone misses the point, please allow an older person to use a ridiculously dramatic comparison.  See if you catch anything wrong with the following.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.  But WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT THEM?

Now we are engaged in a great *******, civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can ******* long endure. 

Can anyone see how a few misplaced words can draw all the attention from an otherwise amazing text?

The point being, even a single, misplaced word can ruin a masterpiece.  Why spoil greatness?

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 3:09 PM ET *

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

05.16.2013 | 2:32 PM ET

@Bill

You sourced "Bleacher Report" above so your view on quality writing is at the very least a little skewed.

Second, we're not Presiddent's trying to rally a nation - we're fans of a sport, on a forum, talking ****.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.16.2013 | 2:33 PM ET

@ Bill 'Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.  But WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT THEM?'

That ******* version rules.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 3:06 PM ET

@jm Now, first of all, please allow me to state, for the record, that I am fully aware that the writers of Bleacher Report can be as ******** as all Hell.  They can make me enraged, too.  But I don't post those pages that are full of nonsense.  I only refer to those pages that have a point worth repeating.

Now, in the past, jm, I have caught you writing very excellent posts, and I have applauded you when you did.  So I don't want to insult you or poke you in the eye for nothing.  Unless I have to.  

I am trying to mentor Anik because I know he has greatness in him.  But he needs a lot of coaching to fulfill his destiny.  I see his potential more than anyone else does.  I probably see it more than he does.  And if he loses his way, it will not be because I failed him.  And his present style of expression is failing him and diluting his power.  So, I trudge on, doing what little I can.

You may be talking crap, but I only write for the time capsule, for posterity.  My time is limited and I must only put my best out at all times.  I might be sounding like I'm having fun, but there is design behind the festivities and merriment.  You guys have time on your side.  I don't.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 3:08 PM ET

@Swick  You slay me.  I'm rolling on the floor.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 3:08 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 3:16 PM ET

@Swick  If you saw nothing wrong with that Gettsburg Address blasphemy, you probably won't see anything wrong with the following heresy, either.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, (except women, blacks, gays and Jews) that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.  

But we reserve the right to exclude those who aren't fit to suck our masculine balls.  And we intend that in a good, nice, benign, enlightened way.  Not a harsh or mean way.

Can you identify any flaws in the above masterpiece?  

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 3:18 PM ET *

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.16.2013 | 3:18 PM ET

Nope...where do i sign my John Han****?

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 3:20 PM ET

Affix your signature at the bottom, next to the cross bones and Jolly Roger flag.  You're a patriot.

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.16.2013 | 4:14 PM ET

Bill Burgess all day long. Said everything that I wanted to say. I don't care it Cyborg vs. Rousey would be a main event card, preliminary card, or the first fight on the main card. I'd pay to see Rousey get her ass handed to her by the WMMA p4p best fighter in the world. That's how much I care about it. Obviously this fight has some sort of significant marketability otherwise we wouldn't be debating about it so much.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.16.2013 | 4:20 PM ET

It really does kinda make me laugh that people think Cyborg would beat Rousey...

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.16.2013 | 4:29 PM ET

@ Swick - When/If that fight ever happens, and Cyborg whoops that ass, I'll be the one right here saying, "I told you so."

****, it makes me laugh that anyone thinks that Rousey has a chance of beating Cyborg.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 4:30 PM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 4:31 PM ET

@jaykool  They care.  They all care.  They all care because they are all hardcores and love MMA.

They may hate Cyborg, but they still care about her.  And AnikM cares A GREAT DEAL.  Anyone who puts someone high on their crap list gives a whole lot of damns.

And every one who is belittling Cyborg would want her to lose because they dislike her but that is just another form of caring.  

The funny thing is, what happens if Rousey loses to Cat Zingano?  What would happen then?  

If Dana White had even half a brain, he would stop over-investing in one woman and start promoting the women in general.  

He should stop talking crap like, 'This is the Ronda Rousey show.'  He should stop crapping on Cyborg like, 'She is irrelevant'.  He should invite Cyborg back, apologize for lying with, 'She doesn't want any part of Ronda.'  He should stop lying, stop disrespecting good people, and make the damn fight at 140.

It would be a huge fight and everyone would watch with eyes glued to the TV.

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.16.2013 | 4:31 PM ET

OK, and if it happens i'll give you credit...but Cyborg pretty much quit UFC because she's scared of Ronda, she can't run forever.

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Abdul-Kareem Al Sewady And Amin Youb Join The Main Card In A Welterweight Bout