Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

05.11.2013 | 4:20 PM ET

wat?

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.11.2013 | 4:23 PM ET

"CYBORG" tested positive for steroids.

"CYBORG" needs to be tested not on roids.

"CYBORG" called out Rousey and didn't want to move to her weight.
cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

05.11.2013 | 4:59 PM ET

Do you even list bro?

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

05.11.2013 | 5:05 PM ET

I gotta update mine
jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.11.2013 | 6:14 PM ET

After watching Cyborg's last fight, and her fight with Gina Carano, I just don't see anything that Rousey brings to the table that tells me should could beat Cyborg.

@ MadMikeXD - Cyborg tested positive for steroids.........I'll give you that, and like any other fighter in MMA that has ever tested positive for steroids, she was punished, she took her punishment, and she's still fighting in the same weight class that she's been fighting in since fighting for Strikeforce.

Cyborg needs to be tested not on roids? Well she didn't positive for roids when she demolished Marloes Coenen and Gina Carano.

Cyborg called out Rousey, but won't come down to her weight? Well, Rousey started fighting at 145 in the Strikeforce Women's division. After her submission of Julia Budd, it looked like Cyborg was going to be her next opponent, then next thing you know, Rousey is fighting at 135 calling out Cyborg.

Don't get me wrong, Rousey is a great fighter thus far, but she is still a "one-trick" pony who hasn't been tested against a fighter who even comes close to being the same caliber of fighter that Cyborg is, and until these two actually fight, there will forever be a debate on who's better, and everyone will choose sides on who they think is the better fighter. All-around, I think that Cyborg is a far more complete and dangerous fighter than Rhonda Rousey ever will be.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.11.2013 | 6:34 PM ET

jaykool all day long.  Every word chiseled in stone, set in granite, exploding in obvious truth.  All Day!

* Edited at 05.11.2013, 6:37 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.11.2013 | 6:57 PM ET

@jaykool  a huevo!

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 7:52 PM ET

cyborg

she test  +   so what   all i am saying i have not seen a women who can beat her  Rousey  cant  come close too cyborg    do you no why  none of cyborg fights are that great ?  there  has too be comp to be a good fight she hits  her   opponent  and they dont want to fight any more they run  or lay down and cover up  she has know has no  opposition  roids or no roids  put her in the cages with rousey  so the hype train ends  but dont worry her round 1 streak will still be good ! lol she will just be sleeping !

"mma = best sport ever"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.11.2013 | 7:57 PM ET

@Jay
Its safe to assume she was on roids and she just didn't test positive for them.

Did Nick Diaz test positive for marijuana every fight in his career? Did he smoke marijuana his entire career?

Do you really think that Overeem never had elevated test in any of his fights because he only tested positive before the JDS fight?

She leaves the UFC (the place where Ronda is fighting and is going to stay) and then wears a "Ronda is my *****" tee shirt

I'm not a Rousey fan at all, She's the best WMMA fighter though. Everything Cyborg accomplished is tainted.

* Edited at 05.11.2013, 8:01 PM ET *

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.12.2013 | 12:40 AM ET

@ MadMikeXD - totally disagree with you there bro. There is no way on this planet or any other planet that Rousey is the best WMMA fighter. Rousey is the currently the best 135er in WMMA, but not p4p.

The UFC doesn't have a women's 145 class. That's the only reason that Cyborg doesn't fight for the UFC. Just because somebody doesn't fight for the UFC doesn't mean that they aren't the best fighter in the world. Granted the UFC is the "Super Bowl" of MMA, but every fighter who is currently a UFC Champion fought for some other promotion before they fought for the UFC.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396

05.12.2013 | 1:26 AM ET

Cyborg is good but after years of accusations about her physique and then finally testing positive, she has lost all of her credibility. It's like saying that Lance Armstrong was just caught using PED's at the end of his career and he never tested positive when he won all his TDF titles so he must not have been on them. His confession aside, he was obviously on them. 

If you can't tell that she was on them after the ridiculous transformation that her body made from her first few fights to a year or so later then you're being pretty ignorant to the entire situation. Everything Rousey does is absolute skill... A woman who is one of the best in the world at her martial art. Cyborg's qualities all come down to ridiculous physical traits and those ridiculous traits that she possesses can all be attained from taking PED's. 

There isn't a pill you can take to teach you a perfect harai goshi but you better believe there is one you can take that will give you the capabilities to body slam a 230+ Tito Ortiz who has a triangle locked in.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.12.2013 | 1:43 AM ET

@ jaffacakehero - I like your post, and agree with you about the PEDs, and I don't argue with you about that at all, but Rousey is a one-trick pony who is marketable. That's the only reason that she has any credibility so far. Dana White is to MMA what Don King was to boxing, and if Dana White says that a fighter is the best out there, then we all have to buy into it. Well, I'm not about to jump on the Rousey train just because Dana White says that she's something fierce. Rousey has faced opponents that are tailor made for her to beat. Same thing Don King used to do for boxers that he wanted to market. PEDs or not...... anybody who knows MMA knows that Cyborg would demolish Rousey.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396

05.12.2013 | 2:10 AM ET

I agree with Ronda being marketable but she doesn't have to evolve because the one thing she is so incredibly good at totally eclipses everyone else's skills... You can't really hold that against her. It's just like Royce Gracie not having to train any striking or TDD in the early days.

As far as anyone who knows MMA knows that Cyborg would demolish Ronda? I think that's a bit extreme. I genuinely don't know who I would pick. Ronda's striking is non existent granted but Cyborg also got mounted by Gina who was a pure striker. Ronda only needs to get a hold of Cyborg once whereas Cyborg from what we've seen would only need to catch her once. We're just basing Cyborg from what we've seen of her before she got caught using and right or wrong can safely presume she was using for the majority of her career. It would definitely be an interesting fight though.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.12.2013 | 3:07 AM ET

All one-trick ponies get exposed sooner or later. If there is anything that I have learned about today's MMA, it's that you either evolve or you get left behind. This is what happened to Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, Royce Gracie, Brock Lesnar, Tank Abbott, and Maurice Smith. The same thing will happen to Rousey if she stays on the trek that she is on.

Cyborg got mounted by Carano, a fighter who was primarily a striker, but since that fight Cyborg has grown leaps and bounds in her overall MMA game. She is a more complete fighter than what she was when she fought Carano. Rousey is still the same one-trick fighter that she has been since she started fighting in MMA.

I agree that she is very good thus far at that one trick, but that is just that............thus far. Let Rousey face someone that matches her in strength, can strike on the feet, and has good submission defense. Rousey would be demolished by that fighter, and truth is, Cyborg is that fighter. If Rousey really wants to prove that she is the best, then all she has to do is go back to 145, where she started, and face Cyborg, or just meet at the 140 catchweight that Cyborg proposed and said she's more than willing to do.

Let's face facts. Cyborg tested positive for roids, so her credibility as the p4p best WMMA fighter is tainted. Rousey did start fighting at 145, and when it looked she was going to face Cyborg next in Strikeforce, she all of a sudden decided to try her hand at 135. Rousey and Cyborg have been going back and forth about, calling each other out, we've been debating back and forth about who is really better and for what reason, but the truth is...............we won't know until they actually face each other.

Solution = Fight at 145 or the 140 catchweight and just get it the **** over with already.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.12.2013 | 3:17 AM ET

I don't remember ever defending a steroid abuser before this case.  And I must confess I am not all that comfortable in this case.  But when people talk about Rousey as being the toughest women, the baddest female fighter, I can see no evidence of that.  To suggest Rousey is the best is something that has yet to be a proven fact.

I think that Rousey want absolutely NOTHING to do with Cyborg whatsoever.  And I don't see that changing.  I think she is afraid of fighting Cyborg.  I don't think she's afraid of Cyborg, just afraid of losing to her and losing all her hype train momentum.

I believe that Dana White shares all of her grave reservations with respect to Cyborg.  I think there is a better than 50-50 chance Rousey loses her next fight and her championship belt to Cat Zingano.

I can't fathom anyone believing that Rousey would be likely to beat Cyborg if they fight.

* Edited at 05.12.2013, 3:31 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.12.2013 | 3:23 AM ET

We all know that Dana White will protect his marketable fighters until they are no longer marketable. Tito Ortiz is proof of that. As soon as Chuck Liddell started making some noise, White jumped on that bandwagon quicker than ****, and threw Tito under the bus. He'll do the same thing to Rousey.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.12.2013 | 3:24 AM ET

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dana White is to MMA what Don King was to boxing.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.12.2013 | 5:07 AM ET

@jaykool, I'm pretty sure Tito had a thing or two to do with Dana hopping off his bandwagon. He probably acted like a spoiled brat and as if MMA would crash and burn without him.

If he'd been a good company man (which is expected from someone who works at the company) I know that Dana would've kept him in the spotlight. And I'm not saying "be a yes-man", just don't act like a ***** for one, and fight the best fighter if you're holding the belt. You can't blame a company's president for hopping off a bandwagon of a guy who's ******* with the company. Especially when he's got a much better fighter who's more exciting and willing to play ball.

And let's not forget that Tito was granted a (well deserved) Leonard Garcia-esque leash during his losing streak, a spot in the UFC's HOF (a well deserved one, but that doesn't promise anything, ask Frank Shamrock) and the chance to retire on his terms (the fight he asked for when he asked for it).

I'd say that the UFC was more than fair with Tito just like I'm not knocking on Tito's importance to the organization. I seriously don't think anyone was ******-over in that particular relationship.

As for Cyborg, well, the UFC are banking on Rousey so they're going to make sure Rousey gets the fights she needs on her terms. She's a bantamweight and until they have more weight classes they don't owe Cyborg anything.

That being said, I still think Cyborg's the p4p top female fighter and will stay that way until Ronda beats her or she starts losing.

* Edited at 05.12.2013, 5:10 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.12.2013 | 5:32 AM ET

I can't call a cheater the P4P best. 
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.12.2013 | 6:14 AM ET

@MadMike, in general I agree with you, but I think the p4p rankings, since they're not "official" rankings but based mostly on "what ifs" you state your true opinion and not what the fighters desreves or doesn't.

I seriously believe that no female fighter on the planet is better than Cyborg if they could theoretically fight at the same weight (which is my interpretation of p4p).

* Edited at 05.12.2013, 8:31 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?