Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 3

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.14.2013 | 10:10 PM ET

"If Rousey wanted the biggest fight, the money fight, or prove her mettle, she wouldn't run and hide and duck the best."

So if any champion didn't want to fight the "champion" in the next weight class up they are scared and ducking their opponents.

Seems legit.

Especially when Cyborg is a known cheater. I don't know why calling Cyborg a cheater offends people, What do you think steroids do?
SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

05.14.2013 | 10:10 PM ET

Cyborg is holding onto the remnants of an all but dead division choosing not to go down to 135 because she's been told the weight cut would cause her physical harm.

Either she needs to forget Ronda, the UFC and the 135 division or she needs to retire for the sake of her health.

Would a Cyborg/Rousey fight be huge? Of course. Does the UFC or Ronda need Cyborg pissing hot after the "biggest fight in women's MMA"? Of course not. Ronda doesn't need Cyborg more than Cyborg needs Ronda. Santos was the one that blew it getting busted for steroids and now she's jumping up and down trying to show she can still be relevant to women's MMA, when the reality is she's not vital to its survival any more.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.14.2013 | 10:42 PM ET

Are you seriously suggesting that Rousey is vital to the survival of anything?  Really.  And if you're not, why criticize someone else for not being necessary to women's MMA.

I don't see your point.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.15.2013 | 12:09 AM ET

Ok, so Cyborg tested positive for roids. That's the argument people that are pro-Rousey keep running to. Let's focus on that for a second. There are so many that are calling Cyborg a cheater, saying "if she'd stay off the roids she'd be able to make 135, and jumping on the "Rousey is the women's GOAT"........many of those band-wagoners all defend and love Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, Josh Barnett, Stefan Bonnar, and Alistair Overeem. All of which themselves have tested positive for PEDs. Kind of hypocritical to discredit, ridicule, and make light of Cyborg's career and accomplishments, don't you think? 

I myself think that anybody that tests positive PEDs should be punished, and Cyborg has been punished. She served her suspension, and thus far, has not tested positive again for PEDs. It doesn't necessarily say that she's not using them, but like many fighters in the past, if she is still on the PEDs, it's only a matter of time before she's busted again. As such she'll be punished again, and I have no qualms about that at all.

PED argument aside.............Ronda started fighting at 145 in MMA, competed at 150 in Judo tournaments. When Ronda came to Strikeforce, she fought twice at 145. Cyborg looked to be the next opponent and Ronda dropped to 135. Then she starts calling out Cyborg, and talking ****. That's like going to a prison fence and calling out the biggest baddest man you see behind the fence to a fight, and saying that he's a punk ass *****. Another scenario that comes to mind is a kindergartener calling you names and saying he wants to fight you, then running inside to mommy and hiding behind closed doors.

Again, simple solution..........have them fight. I don't care at what weight. Hell if Anderson Silva is willing to cut to 178 to fight GSP, then Ronda can compromise to fight Cyborg at 140.  

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.15.2013 | 2:10 AM ET

Once again, Jaykool hits a home run.  

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.15.2013 | 3:04 AM ET

@jaykool all the way. Spot on!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.15.2013 | 7:56 AM ET

I dont care that Cyborg tested positive for roids, hell Im not even necessarily against roids but the fact remains that Rousey is the champion a weight below. If you are going to call out the champ then you go to them not the other way around.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

05.15.2013 | 8:57 AM ET

Curious as to how the Pro-Cyborg crowd feels about Cyborg's management company recently saying that Cyborg would have fought at 135 but she didn't like the terms of the deal she was going to get. Sounds like Cyborg had the option to put this whole thing to rest but she didn't over money. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but that doesn't really fit into the whole rousey-is-running-and-cyborg-cant-do-anything-about-it theme that's being spread pretty thick in some of these posts.

If Cyborg can make 135 and Rousey is the 135 champ in the most elite mma org in the world, why is the burden on anyone but cyborg to make that fight happen? I really don't get it. Particularly with the PED issues. There Is no logic to it.

* Edited at 05.15.2013, 8:58 AM ET *

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Blackwork
Blackwork

05.15.2013 | 9:05 AM ET

Also, comparing female and male use of PEDs in a fighting sport just doesn't seem like a fair comparison. What ever edge a man who uses PEDs has over other men in a combat sport is dwarfed by the edge that a woman who uses PEDs has over other women in a combat sport. Their bodies, biology, and chemistry is completely different.

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

05.15.2013 | 9:06 AM ET

PED's dont belong in Combat Sports, period.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.15.2013 | 12:28 PM ET

Under normal circumstances, I do not defend steroid users.  So, this is a first for me and I am uncomfortable even in this case.  

But I have never seen the house go after a man who tested positive like this case.  I have not noticed how the house went after Brock Lesner or Overeem.

Chris Leben tested positive TWICE!  And the house has NEVER went after Chris.  Is his win over Wanderlei Silva invalid?  It seems that Overeem should be the poster boy for steroids, yet the house is strangely muted in its criticism on HIM.  

Why the double standard?  Why is Cyborg irrelevant, yet Leben, Overeem, etc. get to go merrily on their ways, devoid of this level of overwhelming condemnation?  Why, why, why?  

Work with me people.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.15.2013 | 12:35 PM ET

Correction.  Chris Leben tested positive for the steroid Stanozolol, following his loss to Michael Bisping in 2008.

In 2011, he again tested positive for a banned substance, but that time it was for prescription pain-killers, oxycodone and oxymorphone, not sterods.

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

05.15.2013 | 12:52 PM ET

Actaully Overeem has never tested positive for PED's just had an elevated test:epi-test ratio.

He's never tested positive for a banned substance; that I am aware of.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.15.2013 | 10:19 PM ET

@ Blackwork - I've actually never heard anything about Cyborg willing to cut to 135. I'd like to know where you've heard this. The big argument now is, that Rousey is the champion, and it's up to Cyborg, but the truth is Cyborg was champion of Strikeforce Women's 145 division, which at that time was THEE woman's weight class to fight at because that weight class had the elite women fighters. While Cyborg was champion, Rousey won two fights at 145, and then cut to 135 to fight for the 135 title. After she won the 135 women's title from Meisha Tate, then Rousey started calling out Cyborg. Cyborg was the 145 champion long before Rousey became the 135 champion. That's why I think it's on Rousey to make the fight happen.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.15.2013 | 10:25 PM ET

Cyborg was champion in August of 2009, Rousey didn't become champion until March of 2012. Hell, BJ Penn won the UFC LW Championship from Sean Sherk, and then he called out GSP, and he didn't ask GSP to come down to 155.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Blackwork
Blackwork

05.15.2013 | 10:42 PM ET

@jay Google cyborg turned down fight

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,478  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

05.15.2013 | 10:44 PM ET

Recently I've read Mike Dolce saying that he believes he could get Cyborg to get down to 135 and Cyborg's management saying that they would be willing to let him give it a try, but that's about it.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.15.2013 | 10:51 PM ET

People are so ******* stupid, it enrages me.

What is the point in having this fight at a catchweight? There is absolutely no point in having this fight at anywhere but 135.

And how the **** is it on Rousey to make the fight? Sure Cyborg was the champ at 145 but guess what, not only does that division not exist but NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT STRIKEFORCE. Why the **** would you have a fight for a division that doesn't exist between Rousey, the 135 pound champ, and Cyborg, who NO ONE ******* KNOWS?!

You think she's a name in this sport? Get your heads out of your asses, MMA is not nearly as big as you think it is. Not even close.

Not only that but guess what, Cyborg CAN cut to 135. Mike Dolce has said in interviews that he could definitely do it and the UFC paid for his services but Cyborg rejected the offer.

I haven't updated any of my rankings in awhile but Cyborg is going into my top 3 most hated fighters; she's so stupid and her fans are even dumber.

Like honestly, this is the only issue in MMA that legitimately sparks a real-life reaction from me. This "debate" enrages me beyond belief and it makes me lose hope in humanity.

"الله أكبرl"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.15.2013 | 10:56 PM ET

Thanks Blackwork - I found the article and put up a quote from it. The UFC and Cyborg couldn't agree on terms to a contract, but this also shows once again how petty Dana White is. Because Cyborg wouldn't agree to a long term contract, he slanders her, and says that she's afraid to fight Rousey.

"George Prajin of Primetime 360 told MMAfigthing.com that Cyborg would have attempted to drop to 135 if the sides struck a deal. Unfortunately for Cyborg, a contract fell apart because of money and she was only interested in a short-term agreement.  Zuffa insisted on an 8-fight contract, while they wanted only a 3-fight contract where Cyborg would agree to make the 135 weight three times and then return to her comfortable 145 weight."
Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/cyborg-turned-down-rousey-fight-over-money-not-weight/#muvE3LuopWVxbMyS.99

The question I have is, what was the point of Tito having that press conference then?

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.15.2013 | 11:07 PM ET

@ AnikM - Rousey started this **** back in Strikeforce, so that's why I bring that up. Why have it at a catchweight? Same reason Anderson Silva was saying he was willing to cut to 178 to fight GSP. Because it's not about a championship. It's also a weight that maybe both fighters would feel more comfortable fighting at, so that one doesn't feel like that they have some sort of an advantage more than the other. It's about who really is the best. Cyborg and Rousey are the biggest names in women's MMA, and like many MMA enthusiasts, I just want to see them fight. I don't care where, how, or at what weight. And yes, I'm a Cyborg fan, and you can hate Cyborg all you want, I give two bits of a ****. When/If they ever meet, I know that Cyborg will beat the ******* **** out of Rousey. I'd be willing to bet my av and sig on for two ******* months.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Could Smell Your Fear’
  • Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Don’t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jones’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60