Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 8

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.16.2013 | 7:52 PM ET

Yes sir, you are immature to an extreme.  Judging by your many posts on this site that I've read, you're level of immaturity is extreme.  How?  I don't normally advise, but since you asked, I will make an exception in this case.

It doesn't really matter that much how attractive a person is or isn't.  The immature part comes because you say out loud that someone is not only ugly, but hideous.  Even if she was, to say that makes you more than an immature young man.  It makes you a jerk.  A jerk without social graces, manners, etiquette.  And at 24 years, you've had time to learn how to behave in a becoming manner.

Looks are relatively unimportant.  But grace, style, panache, elegance, manners, etc. show good taste and breeding and that IS important.  To those who count.  Didn't your parents ever try to inculcate those virtues into you as you grew up?  If you don't check yourself and turn around, you'll be sounding like AnikM.  The two of you have made some of the most mean-spirited posts ever on tapology.  And that's a shame.  You guys weren't born this way.  What made you guys so mean?  It's just not becoming for young men to pretend they are so hateful.

You used to mock me like a school-yard bully, telling everyone who would listen that I was the ultimate troll.  That hurt my feelings, yet I held my fire and seldom hated you back.  

One would think that time would have taught you better.  Now you and AnikM have attracted each other to yourselves, to learn that vicious negative thrusts aren't the way.  Negativity attracts its own kind.

I say camraderie is the better way.  Let there be peace.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 8:50 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

05.16.2013 | 7:58 PM ET

And where has all this knowledge gotten you Bill? Did your "panache" bring you any success in life? 

I'll just say no, so in the game of life the person I shall NOT be taking any advice from, is in fact Bill Burgess.

If you think I'm immature from my other posts is one thing, but that's not what you said, you addressed my one post as immature, which it wasn't. 

And if you really think I engage in the real world with real people who I actually know in real life the same way I engage with the swill here you truly are naive my friend, naive indeed. Social etiquette doesn't apply here at least to me because none of your opinions are going to affect me in any real way in my life at all. You ever have that idiot boss that you just wanted to go off on but you couldn't? See that's because of social etiquette and wanting to keep your job. But I use this place as a place that I can come to engage in discussion and give my 100% honest opinion without any fear of reprecussion. Other than a suspension that I don't care about.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 7:59 PM ET *

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

05.16.2013 | 7:58 PM ET

I for one am uncomfortable with references to "vicious negative thrusts." I don't know what it means, but its unsettling.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.16.2013 | 8:04 PM ET

I don't update my rankings Bill. EDIT: And I find it rather insulting that you would call me mean-spirited when I am anything but that.

And I honestly do not know what in ******* hell you're talking about Chase but this obsession-act is getting preeeeeetty old. You used to be half-decent at insulting people but now you just regurgitate the same insults like someone needs to regurgitate food into Bill's mouth so that he could digest it properly.

You make it sound like I take time to think out my post or some ****. All I do is say what's right and insult anyone in between to piss them off. And looks like you're one of them Sparky.

Unless of course, you're 'trolling' me like you apparently 'troll' everyone while whining on Greg's wall and making triple accounts. Hm come to think of it, it's really hard to understand how you and wolf DON'T get along; you guys are almost carbon copies.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 8:05 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 8:05 PM ET

@Blackwork  Nice logic.  I like it!  The market drives all things?  If the rest of the world wanted it, it would happen???  Good grief.  Is that what you think?  Are you serious?

Like Silva/Jones?  Like GSP/Silva?  Like Mayweather/Pacquiao?  Like reasonable gas prices?  Like reasonable high-speed internet prices?  

In the past, like Lesnar/Fedor?  Or Couture/Fedor?

The world wants many things.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always get them.  Sometimes, they are not made available at any price.  The world didn't want the Beatles to break up.  But we fans weren't asked what we wanted.  

The MMA world wants Cyborg back in the UFC and fighting the best.  But what we want and what Dana White offers ain't necessarily the same thing.  Capiche?

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

05.16.2013 | 8:08 PM ET

Defensive defensive defensive..
jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.16.2013 | 8:13 PM ET

@ Blackwork - I like your last post, and agree with most of it. The tables can be turned on Cyborg when you put it that way, and yes it's not very warrior-esq, if all that Cyborg didn't like about the fight with Ronda was about money, but it wasn't just about money. In order for Cyborg to fight Rousey, Cyborg would have to sign a 10-fight deal with the UFC to fight at 135. What Cyborg wanted, was to fight at 135 for 3 fights, then move back up to 145. It wasn't just money, it was the terms of the contract. I do agree with you however, while it's not very "budo-like" as you put it, I understand why Cyborg didn't take the deal that was put in front of her. She didn't want a long-term contract, she basically wanted to fight Rousey, win the 135 title, defend a couple times, and move back to 145.

Another thing I agree with you about is Cyborg making Tito Ortiz her manager. I don't know what she was thinking, and it does not make Cyborg look very business smart, but hey only time will tell if it truly is, but at this point, I agree with you. Tito is not the guy you want representing you in MMA. Sorry, I was a Tito fan, but even I can see that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He could barely manage his own career, there's no idea how much damage he could do to Cyborg.

I agree that Cyborg getting popped for roids does create a lot of doubt in her accomplishments as a WMMA fighter, but she's not the first athlete to get popped for roids, and she definitely be the last. She peed dirty, she was suspended, and now she's out there fighting again. If people can forget about Sonnen, Barnett, Belfort, Sherk, Overeem, Marquardt, and Bonnar for popping tests, then it shouldn't be too hard to put Cyborg's dirty test behind us, and wait to see what happens in the future.

I agree with you that Cyborg is the former 145 champ of a now defunct organization in Strikeforce, and now Rousey is in the UFC, so by that logic, yes Cyborg being the Strikeforce Women's 145 Champion is irrelevant, but Rousey started calling out Cyborg in Strikeforce when Cyborg was, at that time, the champion at 145.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

05.16.2013 | 8:13 PM ET

Bill, you may not understand this as a concept but there is an amount of money people can pay people that will cause the people getting paid to do things they would not otherwise do. Like fighting a known PED user above their weight class.

I'd dissect your examples, but I'm too bored to do so now. Suffice it to say at least one of the individuals in each of your examples is making **** you money such that they don't need to do much of anything anymore.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 8:17 PM ET *

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.16.2013 | 8:14 PM ET

Bill - 'The MMA world wants Cyborg back in the UFC and fighting the best.  But what we want and what Dana White offers ain't necessarily the same thing.  Capiche?'

Are you just uninformed or blind...SHE WAS IN UFC AND SHE CHOSE TO LEAVE. Dana offered her Ronda and she declined, there's no other fights to make with Cyborg and it would've been a HUGE main event...Cyborg is to blame.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,124  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.16.2013 | 8:14 PM ET

Cyborg screwed Cyborg.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 8:19 PM ET

@Chase Where has my values gotten me?  I'm in a pretty good place I think.  No complaints.  Best country, best state (CA), best part of CA, great rent ($500/mo for huge apt.), still work and make OK money, so no complaints.  And oh, that's just the material.

I have dozens of friends who would do a lot for me, and do do a lot for me. I have lots of friends here and I appreciate them.  Not YOU! of course, but that was your choice.  You chose to call me a troll and insult me.  You never grew up and learned that friends and allies are important in life.  Initially, AnAlias and sonnens disliked me but that was in part because they took their cues from YOU, but later realized I had something to offer and am not the troll you made me out to be.

If you don't act in your personal life as you do here, I'm relieved for you.  If you did, you'd get beaten up a lot and have waiters blow a lot of snot into your food.  

You don't want to take advice from a 62 year old man?  Who cares?  You can reserve your nice side for your personal life and come here and pretend to be a fire-breathing jerk.  You only hold back your own development.  Better to act your best self at all times.  You never know when someone important is at the end of your sword.

You're a good man underneath your ignorant jerk mask, and someday, this jerk part will feel like a burden you're no longer willing to carry around.  In the meantime, good luck, Chase.  You'll probably need it.

And for the rest of the house, honestly isn't the best policy.  Diplomacy is.  Took a lifetime to learn that one.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 8:22 PM ET

" And I find it rather insulting that you would call me mean-spirited when I am anything but that."---AnikM

You insult me every chance you get.  You miss no opportunity to cheap shot me and mean-dog me.  I can chew my own food, thank you.

You only said that to evoke the cheap laugh.  But you know what?  I did laugh!  I like cheap laughs.  So, your cheesy behavior is working!  Which is why you use it, of course.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 8:40 PM ET *

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 8:27 PM ET

@ Swick - to an extent, you're right, but I don't blame Cyborg 100%. From what I've read about the deal with Dana White, The UFC, ZUFFA, and the fight with Ronda Rousey.

What Cyborg originally wanted was a fight with Rousey at 145, and that the UFC make a 145 class for Cyborg. That deal fell through, because Dana White didn't want two different women's weight classes, Rousey wouldn't take the fight at 145. So Cyborg offered to cut to 140, but for the same reason, that deal was nil.

The UFC then wanted Cyborg to sign a 10-fight contract at 135. Cyborg's camp said that if they wanted Cyborg to only fight at 135, then make it a 3-fight contract or a 10-fight contract with 3 being at 135, then the rest at 145 where Cyborg feels more comfortable fighting. The UFC rejected, Cyborg asked for her immediate release.

It's not all Cyborg's fault, but she definitely didn't do herself any favors.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 8:29 PM ET

One thing is for certain, Cyborg is not afraid of Rousey.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

05.16.2013 | 8:30 PM ET

Doesn't seem that certain to me.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 8:34 PM ET

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'll put my av/sig for two months that Cyborg will demolish Rousey with ease. If the fight ever happens.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 8:40 PM ET

@Swick No, I'm not uninformed and I'm not blind.  Cyborg was in Strikeforce, not the UFC.  Dana wanted her to come down to 135 to fight Rousey.  

Cyborg offered to come down to 140, which by itself would have been tough for her to do.  

But that wasn't good enough for White.  He went out of his way to insult Cyborg and said for publication, "She doesn't want any part of Rousey!"  What a damnable, bald-faced liar White is!!!

That taunt caused Cyborg to give up on White and she asked to be released.  And that's when White called Cyborg 'irrelevant'.

Here's an interesting article, supporting what jaykool has been referring to.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1635222-cris-cyborgs-decision-not-to-fight-ronda-rousey-based-on-money-not-weight

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 8:41 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.16.2013 | 8:45 PM ET

@Chase  Apparently, you missed the point.  I called you immature because you called someone ugly and hideous.  THAT certainly makes you immature.  It also makes you a jerk.  I don't normally bring these things up, but you asked me how you were immature.  So, I'm telling you.

Got it now?  Can you grasp the simple point.  Calling people names is immature.  And you do it all the time but I was only referring to that one post.  

You advertise your immaturity like you're proud that your emotional development was arrested in puberty.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 8:46 PM ET *

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.16.2013 | 8:46 PM ET

At catchweight the belt wouldnt be up for grabs, why risk your champ losing but still remaining champ? Cyborg could def make 135, all this **** about she won't be able to have kids or it's unhealthy is stupid because she roided which has the same side effects.

Cyborg is ducking and Carano had mount on her. Rousey armbar 3 mins in.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.17.2013 | 3:26 AM ET

*BLEACHER REPORT ALERT!!! BLEACHER REPORT ALERT!!!*

* Edited at 05.17.2013, 3:27 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Abdul-Kareem Al Sewady And Amin Youb Join The Main Card In A Welterweight Bout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull