Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 6

ifightbears
ifightbears
  • Predictions:  2,175  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  600
  • Post Score: 257

05.16.2013 | 4:35 PM ET

While I don't think Cyborg would absolutely destroy Ronda, I do think she would win.  I think it would test Cyborg's cardio and Ronda's chin more than anything. 

@Bill Burgess I completely agree with you man.  Dana puts WAY too much emphasis on Ronda and not enough on the division and wmma in general.  I totally understand promoting your champion and arguably most important fighter in the promotion, but when you're staking the entirety of the division itself on ONE person, it's bound to fail if she ever does.  If Ronda goes down, the 135 division does as well.  That's why there needs to be more promotion for the other women.

"Wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.16.2013 | 4:36 PM ET

No, what really happened is Cyborg would be unable to get her husband pregnant if she cut to 135.
Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.16.2013 | 4:37 PM ET

^ Test Cyborg's cardio?...Ronda doesn't go past the 1st sir.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

ifightbears
ifightbears
  • Predictions:  2,175  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  600
  • Post Score: 257

05.16.2013 | 4:38 PM ET

Neither does Cyborg.  But I bet with that legit judo background she's got better cardio than Cyborg and would try and grind her until she got tired. 

"Wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.16.2013 | 4:41 PM ET

Cyborg is afraid of no one!!! Cyborg didn't go running to smaller weight class when it looked like Rousey was going to be next. Rousey ran to 135. Watch all the Strikeforce fights, and you'll see that Rousey's first two fights in Strikeforce, and all of her fights prior to Strikeforce were at 145. Next thing you know, it looks like Cyborg is going to be next, and all of a sudden Rousey decides to fight at 135. *sarcastic* yeah Cyborg is soooooo afraid of Rousey. Rousey's hiding behind Dana White, but she can't hide forever. Cyborg will whoop Rhonda's ass in the first round. No doubt in my mind at all, ever!!!!!

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.16.2013 | 4:42 PM ET

It's a classic Amazing subs vs Amazing striking match, only difference is Ronda also has amazing Judo to get it to the ground EVERYTIME...Cyborg got mounted by Carano, she wouldn't of have lasted 30 seconds with Ronda in mount and Ronda's likelihood of getting mount is 1000x more likely than the muay-thai fighter Carano.

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.16.2013 | 4:46 PM ET

"@jaykool  They care.  They all care.  They all care because they are all hardcores and love MMA.

They may hate Cyborg, but they still care about her.  And AnikM cares A GREAT DEAL.  Anyone who puts someone high on their crap list gives a whole lot of damns.

And every one who is belittling Cyborg would want her to lose because they dislike her but that is just another form of caring.  

The funny thing is, what happens if Rousey loses to Cat Zingano?  What would happen then?  

If Dana White had even half a brain, he would stop over-investing in one woman and start promoting the women in general.  

He should stop talking crap like, 'This is the Ronda Rousey show.'  He should stop crapping on Cyborg like, 'She is irrelevant'.  He should invite Cyborg back, apologize for lying with, 'She doesn't want any part of Ronda.'  He should stop lying, stop disrespecting good people, and make the damn fight at 140.

It would be a huge fight and everyone would watch with eyes glued to the TV. "

Bill Burgess is my hero!!!!! All day long, Amen!!!! Hallelujah!!!!! We may not always see eye to eye on all things MMA, but when we do, damn!!!!!!! It's like you're in my head knowing exactly what I'm going to say. 

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.16.2013 | 4:49 PM ET

I don't know why Rousey fighting at 145 at one point matters. She's the UFC Womens 135 pound champion, Get over it. There is no reason she should go up to 145. If she can make the weight and have success than 135 is her class. Do you realize how much you asking of Rousey? Thats like saying Mighty Mouse is scared to fight Barao because he used to fight at 135.

"Rousey's hiding behind Dana White, but she can't hide forever. Cyborg will whoop Rhonda's ass in the first round. No doubt in my mind at all, ever!"

Hiding behind Dana? Cyborg could have fought Rousey at 135 on the biggest stage in MMA, but Cyborg didn't want to make the cut so she left the UFC and continued to trash-talk Rousey.
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

05.16.2013 | 4:52 PM ET

I don't think Dana is overinvesting in Rousey. If that were true, we wouldn't be having almost 1 female fight per card or the TUF womens. It's just that Rousey is the most marketable female, so it would be foolish not to take advantage of that. If Zingano wins, nothing should change. She's a great fighter who could be just as marketable. People just need to know who she is.
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.16.2013 | 4:56 PM ET

"Running" to a weight you can comfortably make doesn't discredit your entire career. 

Getting caught using PED's and quite clearly using them your entire career in retrospect does.

Besides Cyborg is now whining about her not being able to go down to 135 which is horse****. It's not Ronda's fault you ****** up your body and you look like Mark McGwire mixed with one of those ******* shrunken heads in Beetlejuice. 

Ronda isn't just an insanely high level judoka, she's one who strives to finish her opponents and has her entire career. Cyborg dominated her opponents with her physical traits, you take away the juice and she loses her biggest weapon. She's a juicehead cheater who got found out. Simple as.

I don't know how anyone can support her after witnessing her brutally demolish that poor Japanese chick in 16 seconds knowing now that she was pumped to the gills with PED's. It's disgusting.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.16.2013 | 4:59 PM ET

People hate Ronda for what...she's hot, she's talked **** and backed it up 100%? Forget that she pretty much single-handedly got WMMA in the UFC and she defended the Championship in an outstanding fight to represent WMMA, plus she represented the US in the Olympics for Judo.

Cyborg is a ******* cheater, she took steroids as a WOMAN...and she looks like Blanca from Street Fighter...why do you guys love her so much? Because she's illegally became a monster compared to other women and she beats them down unfairly in a matter of minutes?

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.16.2013 | 5:01 PM ET

I'm not gonna respond to any of these comments because I'm afraid Bill Burgess and jaykool777's lack of functioning brain cells is so great that it could probably kill my own if I have to respond to their

asinine

idiotic

frighteningly ignorant

and downright dumb statements. Can't do it. You won't troll me. I refuse. If Bill sees potential in my writing, I'm scared at how stupid my posts must be. Bill and jaykool's banter is so dumb that it actually has ME OF ALL PEOPLE question my own intelligence. You guys are entering MikeLovesTacos' levels for God's sake.

Just kidding, I'm still the best ever. I'm still the greatest of all-time. dielegende believes, die recognizes, and for that he shall be my first chosen disciple. The rest of you may whither away with the rest of the mentally deficient people on this site. I can still save you.

What is a 'Hunnah' anyway? Is Bill trying to insult me or...

"الله أكبرl"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

05.16.2013 | 5:02 PM ET

I love analyzing fights, but not for someone who hasn't been active due to a steroid suspension followed by some tough negotiations. I'm shocked we are still talking about Cyborg... when was the last time she fought? Exactly, we have to think about it because it's been that ******* long. Drop some weight the right way, get some wins, go to the UFC, and earn the fight.... Enough said.

Lets talk about something that has some meaning, like the first womens coaches and competitors in TUF history followed by Rousey vs Zingano! WAR ZINGANO!

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

05.16.2013 | 5:03 PM ET

@Anik you disappoint me, I really thought you were going to go off about using the Bleacher Report as a source!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Swickotine
Swickotine

05.16.2013 | 5:07 PM ET

@Anik I think Bill was just trying to gain your attention...he's desperately vying to be BASED by such a GOD.

Pay attention Bill...

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.16.2013 | 5:20 PM ET

Cyborg can't cut 10 pounds but can jam her veins full of stanozolol. Seems legit.

As you can see she looks more like a dude than the dude who used to be a ******* dude. To quote the great Dom Irrera, "She looks like she has a beard on her ****"

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

05.16.2013 | 5:24 PM ET

Tito said recently that it was more of a money issue than her not being able to cut the weight.

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

lol! @Anik, you truly are the greatest.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

@poir420 sigh,,only for you poirier...

Bleacher Report? Really? You're gonna argue with me and your prime source of research is the freakin' Bleacher Report? If the Bleacher Report supports something, that probably means that its total ****. You're defending the site that (and I'm serious here) claimed that the UFC needed a WHITE AMERICAN CHAMPION TO MAKE MONEY.

Are you ******' serious? The Bleacher Report offices are actually a disguise for a shelter of homeless ******s WHO CAN WRITE. Bringing in the Bleacher Report to back up your sources is literally the ultimate source you could use to prove someone wrong. If a Bleacher Report wrote 2 + 2 = 4 on one of their irrelevant slideshows (because articles are intended for an educated audience) it would be completely wrong. Yes, the mathematical laws of the world would be WRONG.

The Bleacher Report is more wrong than MikeLovesTacos. Yes I said it. If Mike joined their staff, other than Jack Slack he would literally be the smartest writer on the whole staff. Do you understand how ******* ABSURD THAT SOUNDS?

If you're a sports journalist/writer and the Bleacher Report offers you a job, you might as well switch careers. All they're doing is paying for you to continue being stupid.

The Bleacher Report is literally the worst news site on the Internet. I could find more credible sports news from the comment sections of ****hub videos.

You're welcome.

* Edited at 05.16.2013, 5:26 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

jaykool777
jaykool777

Defended her UFC title in an outstanding fight? If the Liz Carmouche fight showed me anything, it's that Cyborg would easily beat Rousey. Once again, everyone is running to Cyborg's positive PED test, and it's many of the same people who defend fighters like Sonnen, Overeem, Bonnar, Thiago Silva, Barnett, and Belfort. So it's ok for a guy in MMA to take steroids, but not for a girl. Hypocritical. Very hypocritical.

Once again, I do not defend, condone, or like the fact that Cyborg tested positive for steroids. She did it, she got caught, and she was punished. Yes, I think it's absolutely atrocious for any fighter male or female to take steroids, and as many people have pointed out, every single one of the fighters that have taken steroids to get an edge on the competition, it seemingly has done nothing for them. It didn't help Sonnen or Bonnar be able to beat Anderson Silva, it didn't help Barnett to beat Cro-Cop, and it certainly didn't help Belfort defeat Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, or Tito Ortiz. When it comes to the question of steroids, I don't really get it, and I can't stand it.

Yes, Rousey is hot, marketable, is a great fighter, and seemingly unbeatable. ****, she's beaten everyone that she has faced thus far by 1st round armbar. I take nothing away from Rousey as a fighter, nor do I discredit her victories. In fact when it comes right down to it, Cyborg, Gina Carano, and Ronda Rousey are 3 of my favorite WMMA fighters.

That said, this isn't about Cyborg taking roids, who is the hotter fighter, which fighter has the higher moral fiber, which one is more marketable, or which one I like better. Hell, we can argue all day long about who we think is running from who, but the fact is, this about whether or not Cyborg can beat Rousey, and I think that she can. Easily. From what I've seen of both fighters (and I've followed them since they've fought their first fights in Strikeforce), I just don't see anything that Rousey brings to the table that tells me that she could beat Cyborg anywhere the fight takes place, even Rousey's patented armbar. No matter what weight they fight at, I just don't see Cyborg losing.

Cyborg may be ugly, but I don't care about what a fighter looks like. It's about how they fight, if they're exciting, and what they bring to the table skillset-wise. The reason I love Cyborg so much, I haven't seen a boring fight from her, she's constantly evolving her overall MMA game, and she leaves everything inside the cage when she fights. How can anybody not be a fan of a fighter like that?

I feel the same about Rousey. She's finished all of her fights thus far, and she is extremely marketable. I get why so many people love Rousey. She is a great fighter, but I think Cyborg is a better more skilled fighter.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMA Mania : ‘12 Gauge’ Unloads On ‘Piece Of S—t’ Danis After Alleged Affair Claims