Topic: Top Middleweights - 185 lbs.

After Jacare's loss....

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

09.13.2011 | 2:47 PM ET

how far does he drop in your rankings? how far does rockhold move up?

as for me, jacare fell just one spot to 4, and rockhold cracked my top 10

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Responses Page 2

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

09.13.2011 | 6:40 PM ET

Haha can't stop myself at @Lawman!

I did, however, forget Chael Sonnen, which I'll be adding tomorrow when my lists need updating!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

09.13.2011 | 7:47 PM ET

lol xbassistdoodx...Ed Herman?  You silly goose.
RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

09.13.2011 | 7:50 PM ET

My mom always called me a silly goose growing up.  Weird...

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

09.13.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

Obviously I haven't updated mine in a bit... I think Jacare does drop a bit, but I'll still have him above Luke I think. Bad decision that wouldn't go the same way in a rematch imo. I used to think Jacare was the man to take Anderson's throne after he goes to LHW/retires, but after that performance I'm not so sure. His striking looks good when he can get a takedown, but when he couldn't get the takedowns he became way too passive and gassed out. I hope he gets better though.

"We Are All One"

RWLawman
RWLawman

09.13.2011 | 8:14 PM ET

Opinions are opinions, but I thought Jacare lost that fight pretty soundly.  Rockhold did a good job keeping the fight in his comfort zone, and controlled the pace throughout. 

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

09.13.2011 | 8:21 PM ET

I think Rockhold's upset over Jacare knocks him out.  Not sure if he underestimated Rockhold or not, but Rockhold displayed true cardio.  I'd love to see him in the UFC, but then again we would love to see every SF champ in the UFC.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

RWLawman
RWLawman

09.13.2011 | 10:25 PM ET

I would really like to see Souza in the UFC, more so than Rockhold.  However, you wouldn't hear any *****ing from me if we got to see almost any of the top middleweights from SF in the UFC.  I also think that in a rematch, Souza beats Rockhold decisively.

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

09.13.2011 | 11:04 PM ET

I think there should be an immediate rematch. Yes, I think that Rockhold won the fight, but when one judge scores it 50-45, there's a problem. The fight was a helluva lot closer than that, and I might be a little biased here, but I think don't think that Rockhold decisively beat the reigning champion, so with that in mind, there should be an immediate rematch. If Jacare wins, then put him in the UFC and keep Rockhold in Strikeforce.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

09.13.2011 | 11:05 PM ET

why do some of you guys have vitor over sonnen??

vitor's first fight in the UFC at MW was against silva which he lost pretty brutaly and then he beats akiama who i dont think is top ten and some of you guys have him to or three?

i can see top five but no way should he be above sonnen

"Is reality really realistic?"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

09.13.2011 | 11:12 PM ET

Sonnen hasn't won a fight since February of 2010.  That's why he's under Vitor in my rankings.
jaykool777
jaykool777

09.13.2011 | 11:14 PM ET

@ justynbomar - Sonnen's last fight was a loss to Anderson Silva as well, and yet you have him ranked above Anderson Silva, but you question anybody for their rankings? Plus, he's been inactive since Belfort has fought twice at MW. The reason I have Belfort ranked higher than Sonnen at this point, is because he's been more active over the past year. If Sonnen beats Stann, (and I'm sure he will), then Sonnen will move to #2. Until then, that's where he stays. My rankings are based on recent record, level of opposition, and recent activity.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

09.13.2011 | 11:16 PM ET

well just cause he hasnt fought in awhile doesnt mean he still isnt number #2 i mean rashad didnt fight for 15 months and did you make him ranked lower?

and wht do you have vitor at #2?

Crumx7
Crumx7

09.13.2011 | 11:18 PM ET

Vitor also beat Rich Franklin when he was still fairly relevant.  Granted it was a catchweight, but it's in the realm between 185 and 205.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

09.13.2011 | 11:24 PM ET

@jaykool well chael sonnen dominated silva for almost 24 minutes and then got sub'd where vitor looked good for about two mins and then got KO'd

chael sonnen hasnt fought in awhile granted but he also hasnt lost sense the silva fight so i dont think he should be ranked anywhere below 2

and how does beating akiama make you #2? when he has if i am correct he was on a two lose streak

jaykool777
jaykool777

09.13.2011 | 11:38 PM ET

Like I said. My rankings are based on recent record, activity, and level of opposition. Chael Sonnen hasn't fought since 2010, and his last fight was a loss. Granted it was a loss to Anderson Silva, but Sonnen has been inactive for over year. During his inactivity Belfort has fought twice. One a loss to Anderson Silva, the other a win over Akiyama. If Sonnen had fought and won against relatively anybody in the last year, then he'd be ranked 2 or 3, but he hasn't.

BTW, I wouldn't say that Sonnen dominated Silva for 4.5 rounds. Sonnnen's face was cut to sh*t by Anderson's strikes from  the bottom. Sonnen was winning the fight, but he wasn't dominating. Domination is what Jon Jones did to Shogun. What Tito did Ken, what Chuck did Tito, what Penn did to Diego.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Crumx7
Crumx7

09.13.2011 | 11:43 PM ET

Completely agree on the "domination" comment jaykool.

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

09.13.2011 | 11:43 PM ET

well i dont think you can justify dropping him in the rankings just cause he hasnt fought and besdies that he hasnt fought because the athletic commision ****** him over

and i would say chael dominated silva he took him down at will he landed more punches on him then anyone ever has  so i would say that thats a pretty good dominating

jaykool777
jaykool777

09.14.2011 | 12:51 AM ET

You have your opinion and I have mine. The way I see it. Chael Sonnen on steroids couldn't beat Anderson Silva. Sonnen's last fight was a loss to Silva. Prior to that it was 3 decision wins, and submission loss to Demian Maia. Sonnen has had a finish in almost 4 years. Add all that up, and a year of inactivity, (and the athletic commission didn't make Sonnen take steroids), I believe it justifies dropping Sonnen in the rankings. Like I said, if he beats Brian Stann, then he gets right back at #2 or #3, but not until then. That's the just the way that I see it, and being the fact that I absolutely can't stand Sonnen (and never will), then I think I'm being pretty generous about the whole subject.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

RWLawman
RWLawman

09.14.2011 | 4:30 PM ET

Prior to Sonnen's loss to Silva (after he pretty much dominated the champion throughout), Sonnen won three fights over Nate Marquardt, Yushin Okami, and Dan Miller - two of which are currently top ten middleweights.  I would say that despite his loss to Silva, he put up enough of a fight against Anderson in combination with his resume prior to be ranked in the top five at least. 

Vitor Belfort got KOed quickly in his fight against Silva, and before that he defeated Rich Franklin back in 2009.  He had almost a 2 year layoff before making his comeback fight against the champion, which in my opinion was a pretty odd title shot to begin with.  Then, Belfort comes out and impressively knocks out Aikiyama who (as already said in this thread) is not a top ten middleweight, and probably never will be again in his career.  Belfort is fortunate to be top ten in my MW rankings right now, and I'm pretty close to flipping his spot with either Jason Miller or Michael Bisping who are more deserving of the spot right now.

There really is no logic in having Belfort in the top five at this time.  He needs a couple more wins over top notch middleweights to cement himself in that company.  To have Belfort above Sonnen really doesn't make any sense at all.  That's just my opinion.

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

09.14.2011 | 4:55 PM ET

@jaycool first things first sonnen wasnt on steroids his tesosterone levels were just a little above average the day after the fight but they were fine the day before and the day of

chael sonnen does TRT to keep his levels at normal so what most likely happened was he did the TRT and his body produced a little more then usual

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Rips Alexandre Pantoja’s Performance At UFC 301, Names Who Could Beat ‘The Cannibal’
  • Bad Left Hook : Naoya Inoue greatness, Canelo, Yoshiki Takei and more: Weekend recap
  • MMAFighting.com : New UFC 302 trailer sets up Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier lightweight clash
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Adrian Yanez Reflects On His Losses, Vows To Finish Or Dominate Vinicius Salvador In Their Upcoming Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier questions why Jose Aldo ever retired after UFC 301 performance: 'His speed was still there'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56: Make your predictions for Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Suggests 4th Fight With Max Holloway For BMF Title
  • UFC.com : Iron Summit: For The Lifelong Athletes
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Sean O'Malley shows clip of sparring footage with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMA Mania : Fiery First Promo Drops For UFC 302
  • UFC.com : Cory Sandhagen Takes On Umar Nurmagomedov In Abu Dhabi On August 3
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique REPLAY: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Rankings Shakeup: Is Jose Aldo once again a top-5 bantamweight after UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique LIVE: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMA Junkie : 'Why not?': Benoit Saint Denis welcomes Dan Hooker next, calls Arman Tsarukyan dream fight at lightweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Feels Bad’ For Bruce Buffer, Accepts Alex Pereira’s $50K Challenge, Addresses Retirement Talks
  • MMA Mania : ‘Shogun’ Headed To UFC Hall Of Fame
  • MMA Junkie : Naoya Inoue gets up from knockdown, moves to 27-0 with sick KO of Luis Nery
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White put on blast at Tom Brady celebrity roast: ‘You’re like Michael Vick, but with human beings’