Topic: Top Welterweights - 170 lbs.

Lets discuss our WW rankings

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.16.2012 | 5:31 PM ET

This should do it sir 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Responses Page 24

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.23.2013 | 7:31 PM ET

Diego has been talking about a match-up with Nate at 155, not Nick at 170. That ain't gonna happen and it's not the type of money fight to coax Nick out of "retirement."

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.23.2013 | 7:37 PM ET

Yes, I know that, skeliher.  Diego would like to fight Nate now.  But I wish he fought Nick.  But hey, if not Nick, I'll take Nate in a heartbeat!  

Money fight?  It wouldn't be the biggest, but if they promoted it right, with the right amount of ballyhoo, and trash talk, it would draw well, I think.  I know the hardcores would go for it.  And all of us here fall in that category.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.23.2013 | 9:25 PM ET

For the moment, I share at least 8 out of 10 WWs  (80%) in the Top 10 with the following members. 

Kalibo, mulefloyd, legacyofmisfortune, AnAlias, Live2wrestle, buffalo ben, Swickotine, dielegende23, gunn4206, Hiblet, Dakeg, yossgold, bman518, KnockoutsRock21, Lopati, amp112, ccccombobreaker, PilloryChoke, MikeLovesTacos XD, grizzlyedwin, 2 Nyce, cal1, MadeMikeXD, ShakeANDBake720, Mortis, nogfan, jonnyboy6969, AnikM.

I actullay share 9 out of 10 (90%) with Kalibo, AnAlias, Live2wrestle, Swickotine, Hiblet, AnikM, Dakej, bman518, PilloryChoke, Mortis, dielegende23, jonnyboy6969.  

I'd say that the heavy majority of those who have posted in this thread are marching in pretty tight lock-step with me.  Nice rankings.  Good job, guys. 

* Edited at 10.23.2013, 11:50 PM ET *

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

10.23.2013 | 9:46 PM ET

Why do you have Nick Diaz on your ranking Billiam?

"الله أكبرl"

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,151  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

10.23.2013 | 10:25 PM ET

I personally wanna see Nick Diaz vs Hector Lombard,we know Lombard won't be going for TDs and it is definitely a winnable fight for Nick if he outworks Lombard.Stylistically its a sick fight, hope it happens.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.23.2013 | 11:56 PM ET

I still rank Nick Diaz because I take EVERYTHING that comes out of his mouth with a massive grain of salt.

He has said he is interested in continuing his fighting career, but he wants big fights.  I can understand this, even though I completely disagree with his logic.  Nick is not and never has been a deep thinker.

Of all the fighters, Nick is probably his own biggest enemy.  He could have a lucrative career fighting the top guys, yet he wastes time trying to hold out for bigger fights than he is entitled to.

He is NOT retired.  Just confused in his thinking.  He will come back.  Our only differences are Diaz and Brown.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,787
  • Post Score: 273

10.24.2013 | 12:12 AM ET

He is retired and Dana White has said he has shown no interest in fighting again, I don't know how you can assume he is confused in his thinking. Whether he comes back or not, for the time being he is retired and shouldn't be in the rankings for any reason.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.24.2013 | 12:48 AM ET

Probably half the house still ranks him.  No one can dictate how another ranks.  BJ Penn wasn't interested in fighting for awhile and now he's back.  I didn't rank him then but I never told anyone else not to, did I?

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.24.2013 | 1:01 AM ET

Those web sites are assuming that Nick Diaz isn't retired when the man said he was retired. I think when a grown man makes a decision to leave fighting and uses the word retire, people should respect that. He's not saying that as a joke or something.

That basically means he shouldn't be in the rankings, you wouldn't include a retired fighter in any of your other current rankings, would you? I don't know, maybe I'm not making sense.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

10.24.2013 | 1:06 AM ET

It's Nick Diaz, since when is he the most sensible person in the world who speaks only the truth? "I want a rematch with GSP. I want to fight Anderson Silva. I want to retire." all in the same breath. If there's one guy I can understand keeping in the rankings after saying he's retired...it's him. Problem with that is I'm not sure he could beat anyone in my current top 10 if he was still active. His best chances would probably be Lawler (again) or Matt Brown. I see him losing to the rest personally.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 days, 14 hours, and 27 minutes from now.
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.24.2013 | 1:17 AM ET

I don't recall Nick Diaz being a liar, he's just obviously very nervous when the camera is on him and says things without thinking. He did state that he wanted a rematch, but he also said that if he didn't get the rematch or a fight with Anderson Silva he would retire.

I just don't understand how the whole MMA world can know what Nick Diaz is really like and thinking from some reporter asking stupid questions.

NoJuice11
NoJuice11
  • Predictions:  8,305  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,544
  • Post Score: 208

10.24.2013 | 1:37 AM ET

This literally took me 22 minutes to do, that's real life haha...I hate ranking fighters, its like going to work.

* Edited at 10.24.2013, 1:38 AM ET *

"Dude everyone knows Shaq got rich off playing in college"-Baseketball

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.24.2013 | 9:31 AM ET

@flying_frontkick Your reading seems to be selective, just like NIck's retirement.  Here is what Nick tweeted as recently as October 15.

"It's kind of hard to retire from MMA, there's always something to do.  I am always going to be around it, like my brother is in training camp right now because he has a fight coming up so I am training with him.  I don't mind taking fights if it's a big fight that people are going to make a big deal out of.  If not, then it's not realy worth it to me.  I'm not trying to do too much right now.  I don't know if I like the way the sport is turning into something different from when I got started.  And I think it's a good time for me to take it slow as well."

When asked about a potential showdown against "The Count" (Bisping) at 185 pounds, the Stockton Slugger had this to say:  "I don't have anyone specific in mind."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/15/4842234/ufc-nick-diaz-wants-big-fight-dana-white-loves-michael-bisping-scrap-mma

So, even if you are going by what Nick himself says, his is the most conditional 'retirement' on record.

* Edited at 10.24.2013, 9:33 AM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.24.2013 | 10:45 AM ET

Yeah, you are obviously not gonna get it. MMA is like a soap opera to some of you, you think you know these guys and can assume what they are thinking and how they are really like. You write down how they should continue on with their careers and the mistakes they make. I forgot you have been a fighter all your life and you know this game inside out.

I forgot you could put together what Nick Diaz is thinking career wise and know that Nick Diaz is not in fact retired, but confused in his thinking because you are in a position to assume that.

-edit- 3 down thumbs? I know, the truth hurts some times. I remember all the psychologists that were giving their opinion on Nick Diaz' mental health, I forgot everyone is a psychologist and Bill Burgess has pro fighter experience managing his career and he knows despite Nick Diaz clearly stating he is retired, that he is not retired and confused about this thinking because Bill Burgess knows this personally.

* Edited at 10.24.2013, 3:16 PM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.24.2013 | 12:33 PM ET

I didn´t down vote you flying kick, because as i have said before, i don´t downvote without responding, but i will say that you are being a ****. 

WHat´s wrong with a fan speculating a little bit and wondering what an athlete is thinking? You are over reacting. 

* Edited at 10.24.2013, 12:35 PM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.24.2013 | 1:02 PM ET

-edit-
@buffalo ben, you're right, I was being a ****. I was trying to make a point but I honestly don't want to rag on Bill Burgess, many people on here have different opinion's including me, and this time I went overboard in trying to prove my point. I'll leave it at that and respect Bill's opinion, because I generally like his posts.

* Edited at 10.24.2013, 3:08 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.24.2013 | 6:02 PM ET

I don't think you're a ****, flying_frontkick.  I just think you are passionate about MMA.  And that's a good thing.  I too get passionate in the heat of discussion.

I discovered Nick when he fought Sanchez in 2005 and have been a huge fan of his ever since.  He's my 3rd favorite fighter after GSP and Sanchez.  I want Nick to come back and fight the fights that will make him rich.

Sanchez rematch, Hendricks, Condit rematch, MacDonald, Matt Brown, Lombard, Koscheck, Kampmann, Erick Silva, Siyar Bahadurzada, and a whole lot more.  He could also fight at MW and find good matches waiting there.  Belfort, Bisping, Sonnen, etc.

I just love him and want to see him fight EVERYBODY!  Ha ha.

Thanks for calming down, my brother.  This is only pleasant sports chat.  The children are safe.

* Edited at 10.24.2013, 6:08 PM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.24.2013 | 6:04 PM ET

I love it when everybody is cool. 

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.24.2013 | 6:12 PM ET

buffalo ben is just so damn suave!  Who would you most enjoy seeing Nick fight, bennie boy?

Here is my list.

Nick Diaz vs. Diego Sanchez rematch
Nick Diaz vs. Rory MacDonald
Nick Diaz vs. Matt Brown
Nick Diaz vs. Hector Lombard
Nick Diaz vs. Erick Silva
Nick Diaz vs. Johny Hendricks

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.24.2013 | 6:51 PM ET

I definitely agree about the Sanchez rematch. I don´t really know how i would rank any other possibilities. Since Nick Diaz said he would take a fight if something intruiges him, i sort of wish he would make a suggestion himself. 

Page 24

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Watch ‘Demolidor’ Rescue Dogs From Brazilian Flood
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: Best betting props, parlays and picks
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Junkie : 'Reborn' Ramiz Brahimaj returns to UFC with new perspective after 'nasty' injury jeopardized career
  • MMA Mania : ‘Two Or Three Times Bigger!’ Saudi Arabia Has Big Plans For Second UFC Event
  • MMA Junkie : UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard offers insight on scouting regional talent
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Breaking down Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, UFC Vegas 92, and Bellator Paris
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes MMA’s Current Rule Set Favors Strikers: ‘I Don’t Think People Should Stand You Up, Ever’
  • MMA Junkie : Carlston Harris hopes UFC Fight Night 241 win leads to 'good names' like Neil Magny, Geoff Neal
  • MMA Mania : Video: Gorimbo Breaks Down After Coach’s Mother Dies On Media Day
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241's Vinicius Salvador guarantees first-round KO of Adrian Yanez: 'Write it down'
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk full fight card
  • Middle Easy : Tim Welch Rates Mike Tyson’s Chances vs. Jake Paul: ‘Early On, He’s Gonna Be Scary’
  • MMA Mania : Barboza The BMF? ‘Who Has Better Highlight KOs Than Me?’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ring announcer Dan Hennessy retiring after viral screw up: ‘No longer the world’s punching bag’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Only Mancunian' Lerone Murphy appreciates full circle moment, crosses fingers for UFC 304
  • MMAFighting.com : Cédric Doumbé: Anthony Pettis fight ‘99 percent’ a done deal
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Mark Hulme | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veteran Edson Barboza calls for BMF title fight vs. Max Holloway: 'I think I deserve that'