Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Women

"CYBORG"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

robwayne
robwayne
  • Predictions:  392  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

05.11.2013 | 4:19 PM ET

"CYBORG" any one who thinks any one on this list is better than "CYBORG" is crazy this is not a beauty contest ! "CYBORG" would knock out all of the ones on this list ! 

"mma = best sport ever"

Responses Page 11

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.19.2013 | 8:26 PM ET

@Bill Burgess Being an Olympic judoka does not give you name value but the fact that Rousey won a medal can make her that much more marketable than anyone else. You could market Cyborg as someone who's knocked out a bunch of no names but with Rousey it's so easy; just say Olympic medalist and EVERYONE understands those credentials.

But you do not see the point because you are so...freaking...asinine...by god.

To say that all the 135ers are at 135 instead of 145 because of Cyborg is...so...painfully...idiotic.

As for your cold, hard facts, they're cold and hard like ice cream in an oven. I do not think you know what the word 'fact' means old man.

Well here's some REAL facts for you;

Fact: Ronda Rousey is the most watched female in the history of combat sports...period.
Fact: Cristiane Cyborg tested positive for steroids and deserved her punishment.
Fact: Ronda Rousey has never tested positive for anything, indicating that all of her wins were fair.
Fact: Before entering the UFC Ronda Rousey was the single most watched female fighter in MMA history. Fact: Cristiane Cyborg had many more opportunities to be that and she was not.
Fact: Cristiane Cyborg can cut to 135 and fight there.
Fact: She chose not to and rejected the UFC's offer.
Fact: Ronda Rousey has been more than open about fighting Cyborg for the title.
Fact: A catchweight fight between both of them would make absolutely zero sense not only financially, but in general.
Fact: 145 pound division is very shallow.
Fact: 135 pound division is not.

Wanna know what I really hate? People who use words in the wrong context, like Bill's use of the word 'fact'. Bill, you've had over 60 years on Earth to figure out the very basics of argumentation. Get your **** together.

"الله أكبرl"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.19.2013 | 8:28 PM ET

Steroids allow for faster recovery time between training sessions, which increases skill and technique at a much faster rate than what a normal human would learn at. I've never understood that argument.

* Edited at 05.19.2013, 8:28 PM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Anik
Anik

05.19.2013 | 8:29 PM ET

@jaykool777 BJ Penn fought GSP at 170 because 170 ACTUALLY EXISTS.

The 145 pound division does not ******* exist in the UFC, why the **** would anyone have a fight there? It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

I am SHOCKED that we are still arguing about this, this is ABSURD. Do you know how ******* stupid every single person posting in this thread is? I'm including myself in this rag-tag team of idiotic ass****s who just keep arguing about such a pointless, stupid, idiotic, common-sense, basic topic.

@WishIsHere That is because the argument MAKES NO SENSE.

Steroids don't teach technique, dafuqq is that jay.

* Edited at 05.19.2013, 8:30 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,854  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.19.2013 | 8:30 PM ET

@Bill what are you talking about? Jay agrees with most of my points let me destroy the other points Jaykool made real quick. I won't answer to you though since you really have no clue whatsoever and won't admit you are already beaten.

"Cyborg may be ugly and can't speak English very good, but look at Renan Barao, GSP, and Anderson Silva. None of them are good looking and they can't speak English very well either. This is MMA. It's about fighting. It's not a beauty contest or an elocution contest. Cyborg was the women's Champion in Strikeforce and made her name defeating Gina Carano in 2009. Rousey wasn't even heard of until 2012, but there is no argument that Rousey is more marketable because of her looks and physique. Also Rousey did have a meteoric rise in MMA after she defeated Meisha Tate."

Renan Barao is not a PPV star, Anderson Silva isn't either despite the fact that he should be since he's the best. Guess why that is? Because they suck at marketing in North America. Jay you want to tell me that GSP isn't a handsome devil and can't spek english to get your argument working??? What Jaffa said makes sense as well. Obviously looks will help a female fighter. This is also the reason Cyborg isn't a bigger star by now.

"You're absolutely right about the half million PPV buys, but you can't give all the credit to Rousey/Carmouche being the main event as the reason this PPV did so well, there was also Hendo/Machida and Urijah Faber was on the card as well. However, once the fights happened, Hendo/Machida didn't do a damn thing to impress, but the Rousey/Carmouche fight was very entertaining. Having Dan Henderson and Urijah Faber on the card helped to sell this PPV."

Well Hendo and Machida had something to do with the PPV numbers but Rousey was on every magazine in every god damn talk show and all over the place before the fight happend. I think she did very well in this aspect and the fact that Rousey did pull super numbers on Showtime should just prove that.

"I have to disagree with you dielegende23. Rousey has done a good job of marketing herself, and she is a skilled MMA fighter, but it doesn't hurt that she has Dana White in her corner. Usually whoever Dana White markets as the p4p best, that's pretty much what most people buy. It's nothing bad against Dana White or Rousey, it's just the truth."

Was Dana with her on the magazine covers or in the talk shows? Sure the fact Dana announced the women division helped but he did that because of Rousey. Rousey made him change his mind. And not just because she is exciting but there are numbers and evidence that prove she can sell. Her fight with Miesha on Youtube shortly after the live fight happend hit 1 mil. click in a few hours. She headlined both of her title defenses on Showtime, she is money, knows how to talk and looks good.

"A simple, I disagree would've gotten the point across."

No because Bill has no clue what he is talking about at all, ignores all facts on the subject and pretends his opinion is the only one that matters. He doesn't deserve my sympathy nor anymore of my attention which is why I'm gonna ignore that guy...at least on this topic.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.19.2013 | 8:48 PM ET

@MadMike  I let jay take the lead here because you guys give him more respect.

So, I let him bury you alive.  Feels good to stand on the sidelines and cheer for someone who knows what he's talking about.  

If I had said the EXACT same things, you guys would have *****ed and whined like crybabies just because it came from me.  So . . .  

* Edited at 05.19.2013, 8:49 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.19.2013 | 8:54 PM ET

@ dielegende23 - great post. I have to take my hat off to you, and give you thumbs up. I give you thumbs up and agree with that post. All except for the "Bill has no clue" part.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.19.2013 | 9:05 PM ET

@ AnikM - "BJ Penn fought GSP at 170 because 170 ACTUALLY EXISTS.

The 145 pound division does not ******* exist in the UFC, why the **** would anyone have a fight there? It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE."

Very true. I won't argue the first part of that point, but the only reason that 145 doesn't exist in the UFC, is because Dana White won't have it. Personally, I hope that changes in the near future. Cyborg fights at 145, and has fought the majority of her career at 145 (with the exception of a bout at a catchweight of 140). Trying to make any fighter fight at a weight that they don't feel comfortable fighting at, well.............I just don't agree with that at all. I wouldn't want to see Frank Mir or Roy Nelson forced to fight at 205, so I don't think that it's right that Dana White basically told Cyborg, "Fight at 135 or don't fight for the UFC at all." Also just to point out, women's 145 class doesn't exist in the UFC, but it does exist in many other major MMA promotions. The UFC is the "Super Bowl" of MMA, but Cyborg can make a good chunk of change fighting for Invicta, Bellator, or one of the Japanese promotions.

"I am SHOCKED that we are still arguing about this, this is ABSURD. Do you know how ******* stupid every single person posting in this thread is? I'm including myself in this rag-tag team of idiotic ass****s who just keep arguing about such a pointless, stupid, idiotic, common-sense, basic topic."

The reason we're still arguing about this is because we have nothing better to do, so why not argue about it. LOL. It's not absurd, everybody just wants to debate about how they feel about the subject. I don't really find it pointless, stupid, or idiotic. I'm actually enjoying everyone's take on this.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Anik
Anik

05.19.2013 | 9:11 PM ET

@jaykool777 Wrong. The only reason why the 145 division doesn't exist is because there's not enough good 145ers to create a division that doesn't revolve around the champion. I know my MMA and I can name you like a handful of 145ers. This isn't a personal vendetta from Dana and for you to think it is is absurd.

Also, I'm pretty sure Bellator doesn't have a 145 pound women's division.

Bill seems to think that this is personal. The difference between jay and Bill is that Bill does not know what a fact means and he speaks in ultimatums that only he could picture because of his questionable mental state of mind.

"الله أكبرl"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,854  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.19.2013 | 9:12 PM ET

Thanks Jay thumbs go right back at ya...the Bill has no clue part is a COLD, HARD FACT tho :P

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.19.2013 | 9:15 PM ET

@ AnikM - "Fact: Ronda Rousey is the most watched female in the history of combat sports...period.
Fact: Cristiane Cyborg tested positive for steroids and deserved her punishment.
Fact: Ronda Rousey has never tested positive for anything, indicating that all of her wins were fair.
Fact: Before entering the UFC Ronda Rousey was the single most watched female fighter in MMA history. Fact: Cristiane Cyborg had many more opportunities to be that and she was not.
Fact: Cristiane Cyborg can cut to 135 and fight there.
Fact: She chose not to and rejected the UFC's offer.
Fact: Ronda Rousey has been more than open about fighting Cyborg for the title.
Fact: A catchweight fight between both of them would make absolutely zero sense not only financially, but in general.
Fact: 145 pound division is very shallow.
Fact: 135 pound division is not."

Agree with most of these points here, except that the women's 145 division is shallow. Around the rest of the world, there are plenty of viable women fighters who fight at 145, but you are right about the marketability. Here in the States, there isn't a market for too many female 145 fighters, but **** before the WEC, we didn't know **** about the men's 135 or 145 fighters, but the UFC took a chance. I think the UFC should take a chance on a couple of women's 145 fights. Put them on the main card of some good PPVs or if the fight might have enough draw, have it headline a preliminary card on FX or FUEL. That's what Don King did with Women's Boxing. He would put women's bouts on the undercard of Mike Tyson's, Evander Holyfield's, and Oscar Dela Hoya's (basically popular PPV cards) fights. Trying to have WMMA headline anything is a crap shoot, but putting them as co-mains or prelim cards couldn't hurt.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Anik
Anik

05.19.2013 | 9:21 PM ET

Women's 145 division isn't shallow? Alright, let's take that statement to task, shall we?

There are 781 females entered into the Tapology database. 113 of them are confirmed 135 pounders. 155 of them are confirmed 125 pounders. 93 of them are confirmed 115 pounders.

There are only 69 confirmed 145 pound female fighters.

Do what you want with that. I know what I'll do.

* Edited at 05.19.2013, 9:21 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.19.2013 | 9:22 PM ET

@die The amount of feces that flows so freely out of your mouth is impressive.

"She is money, knows how to talk and looks good."  OMG.  You forgot to discredit Cyborg by saying she took steroids.  

The arguments you advance are child-like.  So Rousey deserved to be invited into the UFC because she is money, knows how to talk and looks good.  

Let's destroy your ignorance systematically, shall we?  She is money NOW, because she was appointed by King-Maker to fight in the UFC.  That alone raised her profile and media visibility at least 4 times what she had done on her own in Strikeforce.  It multiplied her marketability because the UFC decided to market her.  
Can that simple fact penetrate your bullet-proof skull?  When the UFC 'markets' you, you get marketability.  Digest it stupid.

"She knows how to talk".  Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, Wanderlei Silva, Jose Aldo are just some of the amazing fighters who get along just fine with little English fluency.  The UFC has never discriminated against the non-English speaker.  They simply go around it with translators in the cage.

"She looks good."  So what?  Wanderlei Silva might be the ugliest man in MMA, yet has always been a fan favorite.

You forgot to say Cyborg cheated with steroids.  But just in case you had, there are many UFC fighters who have made the steroids mistake and yet they seldom caught the hell some of you are reserving for this one person.  Sonnen, Bonnar, Leben, Sherk, Barnett, Sylvia, Kimo, Marquardt, Belfort, Baroni, Gracie, Bigfoot, Shamrock, Thiago Silva, Overeem.

All were caught, served their suspensions, were forgiven and allowed to fight without the hounding this house is applying to Cyborg.  Some were caught more than once.  

It appears that some in the house are unable to debate or discuss without getting personal.  And I'm looking at YOU, DIE.  

You do what you accuse me of doing.  You post your personal opinions as facts and get insulting when I disagree, harshly.

Now, I'm going to be harsh with you, sir.  Your comments are subjective opinions and I disagree with them.  

The other person who can't help but go rogue and ignorant has forfeited my harsh retorts.  Until he cleans his potty mouth with soap, he doesn't even deserve to be read.  AND I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ANIK.

* Edited at 05.20.2013, 2:31 AM ET *

Anik
Anik

05.19.2013 | 9:25 PM ET

Bill Burgess is just mad because I don't need to use pills to get a hard-on.

"الله أكبرl"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.19.2013 | 9:32 PM ET

Yall some silly ****s

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

jaykool777
jaykool777

05.19.2013 | 9:33 PM ET

@ AnikM - With the numbers you just threw at me, it looks to me like 125 class has more women fighters, so the UFC should've started a 125 class first. With those numbers period, there's more than enough fighters to have women fight at 115, 125, and 145.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.19.2013 | 9:40 PM ET

a 145 lb. class for women?  Potty-Mouth says that there are 69 confirmed women who fight at that weight?

With 113 at 135 and 155 at 125 and 93 at 115?

-----------------------
Let's say that that is true, today.

If the UFC were to announce a 145 lb. class, that would change that reality.  "Build it and they will come."

When men's MMA started, there were few fighters in each division.  In fact, there were no divisions.  As time went by, and the UFC added divisions after 2001, men came out of the woodwork to fill those divisions.

Build the structure, get the formatting right, create the incentives in terms of money, fame, TV exposure, and you will find 145 lb. women will suddenly, like magic, materialize out of thin air.  It happens every time.

When the IOC (International Olympic Committee refused to put a woman's marathon on the Olympic program, not that many women saw the incentive to train for it.  When that changed, suddenly, like magic, thousands and thousands of women were training for the marathon.  Build it and they will come.

By the same token, if the IOC were to drop the hammer throw from the Olympic program, you would suddenly see no one training for that event.  Same with the Steeplechase.  Take it out of the Olympics, and you will soon see all the track meets of the world drop it from their meets.

When Gina Carano and Cris Cyborg fought, they were both 145.  If, at that moment, Dana White had invited both of them to the UFC and created a 145 lb. division, we would have lots of 145 women MMA fighters today.

But die and Potty-Mouth are too damn stupid, ignorant and willfully blind to see what's real.  

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

05.19.2013 | 9:40 PM ET

ahahahaha I don't know how I missed this

"crap all over me and kick me in the nuts!"- Bill Burgess

* Edited at 05.19.2013, 9:41 PM ET *

Anik
Anik

05.19.2013 | 9:47 PM ET

@jaykool777 If you honestly believe that 69 fighters at 145 on the entire planet are enough for you to think the UFC should make a division...is just baffling. You need to understand that the UFC isn't a promotion for people to have their debuts or first fights at. How many of those fighters are actually good enough to be in the UFC though, that is the major question.

You cannot honestly believe that barely 100 fighters on Earth (let alone 70) is enough for a division and if you actually do, I have severely overestimated your intelligence or even common sense for that matter.

There are 103 super-heavyweights in the world right now. Does that put into perspective exactly HOW small the women divisions are?

There are 903 flyweights in the world and there's not in 20 in the UFC right now.

2082 bantamweights.
2714 featherweights.
3416 lightweights.
3131 welterweights.
2174 middleweights.
1158 light-heavyweights.
1274 heavyweights.

And you think 69 fighters is ENOUGH TO MAKE A DIVISION?!

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

No mulligans this time, you are tarnished forever.

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

05.19.2013 | 9:54 PM ET

Bill apparently doesn't understand that the UFC is doing what he suggested.

They have a women's division, they are trying to spark interest.

Bill wants to rush everything because he wants to see 145 females fight before he dies. Now I'm sorry Bill but the world does not revolve around you; it will take time before the women's division grows to a point where it could expand across divisions and when that time comes, you will see 145ers in the UFC. But that time is not now.

The UFC chose to build with the 135 pound division because that is deepest one with the most name talent and notable fighters among the hardcores.

The foundation for the 145 pound division has already started.

Now if you still can't see the logic, you will enter the dreaded 'Most Unwanted' list.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.19.2013 | 10:04 PM ET

It wasn't long ago that the UFC did not have a 125 or 135 or 145 lb. division.  Now, it does.  And they are not struggling.  They are flourishing.

I remember that some people were not that enthusiastic about adding light divisions.  Just like women's MMA.

But after the UFC added them, established fighters started moving down, others came out of nowhere.

As long as the UFC holds back, it will ****** the natural development of women's MMA.

It was good to start with 1 division, as opposed to no divisions and not starting.  It would have been much better if it added a 125 and 145 at the same time.

It would have cost nothing.  It would have served as a target to get people to train.  Give them an incentive.

* Edited at 05.19.2013, 10:28 PM ET *

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?