Topic: UFC 269

UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,225
  • Post Score: 47

08.02.2021 | 10:40 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 269
  • Saturday 12.11.2021 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Attendance: 18,471
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 500,000 | TV Ratings: 729,000 avg. viewers (ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Charles Oliveira   defeats   Dustin Poirier   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:02 Round 3 of 5, 11:02 Total Bout Page
Julianna Peña   defeats   Amanda Nunes   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:26 Round 2 of 5, 8:26 Total Bout Page
Geoff Neal   defeats   Santiago Ponzinibbio   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kai Kara-France   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:21 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Raulian Paiva   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Josh Emmett   defeats   Dan Ige   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dominick Cruz   defeats   Pedro Munhoz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tai Tuivasa   defeats   Augusto Sakai   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:26 Round 2 of 3, 5:26 Total Bout Page
Bruno Silva   defeats   Jordan Wright   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
André Muniz   defeats   Eryk Anders   via Submission, Armbar   3:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Erin Blanchfield   defeats   Miranda Maverick   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ryan Hall   defeats   Darrick Minner   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tony Kelley   defeats   Randy Costa   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:15 Round 2 of 3, 9:15 Total Bout Page
Gillian Robertson   defeats   Priscila Cachoeira   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 50

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

12.11.2021 | 4:59 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1777th

Noone better ask me where from couz I have a brutal answer to that

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

12.11.2021 | 5:02 PM ET

Poirier has the best resume in Lightweight division ever tho

"****."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.11.2021 | 5:07 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 785 Points   |   Tied for 55th

@Tioeken I don't have it obviously.

I only send gifts to people on the site who put in a lot of work to make it better, since this site doesn't cost me anything, and I'm behind a VPN and have a bunch of adblocking extensions and my passive kick-in is virtually nothing. I don't believe in free lunches. Nothing that requires the labor of others is a right.

I'm sending Mikey another signed glove this year. It was far more expensive than the last one I sent, and I kind of want to keep it, but he'll be well chuffed with it. If I'm going to kick in something, I want to know it's going to where it is deserved. That's how my site donations work so long as I am using this site.
LA Mmattttt
LA Mmattttt
  • Predictions:  1,881  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  101
  • Post Score: 33

12.11.2021 | 5:11 PM ET

Paiva can win? O'Malley beats Chito in a rematch?

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 610 Points   |   Tied for 1027th

If Raulian uses the right gameplan, and fights smart and conservative (being patient and careful when closing the distance, getting Sean up against the cage, controlling the distance, picking his shots,...), he will get knocked out in the 2nd round, and not the 1st. Paiva is a great fighter, but he's outmatched here, style-wise and level-wise

O'Malley is one of the best strikers in the ufc. I can't believe he's underestimated just cuz of the freak accident of a toe hitting his nerve that caused his foot to go numb (Chito threw a normal lowkick to the thigh, and Sean went backwards to avoid it and accidentally the toe hit the nerve). There's some who say O'Malley was dominating the fight, and that he would beat Vera 999/1000 times... And maybe they're right, or maybe they're not, but my point is just that Sean is too underrated just cuz of his clownish antics and cuz of what i just said beforehand 

"Rankings and records ain't nothing but numbers used as a marketing tool, they don't reflect the true level of abilities "

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,186
  • Post Score: 332

12.11.2021 | 5:12 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2726th

@adrndc11. Out of curiosity, how did you learn English so well being from Poland?

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.11.2021 | 5:12 PM ET

I rate Paiva's chance of beating clownpubes as pretty low TBH.

It would be hilarious, but it's very unlikely.
Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

12.11.2021 | 5:15 PM ET

Scintillating New Predictions

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3243rd

Muniz vs. Anders
I want André Muniz at -150. He has a underrated finger lock and a jinxed tai otoshi. Muniz will likely violate the opposition.

Silva vs. Wright
I adopt Bruno Silva at -365. He has a vicious facebuster. Silva might quarantine the counteragent.

Hall vs. Minner
I fancy Ryan Hall at -200. He has a priceless attitude. Hall shall negate the foe. Believe in yourself!

Costa vs. Kelley
I appoint Randy Costa at -180. He has a natural bicycle kick and a woebegone scissors sweep. Costa won't tackle the previous pitfalls.

Neal vs. Ponzinibbio
I want Santiago Ponzinibbio at -130. He has a twisted inverted facelock. Ponzinibbio must modulate the opposing forces.

Blanchfield vs. Maverick
I predict Erin Blanchfield at -135. She has a resilient character. Blanchfield should escape the performance.

Emmett vs. Ige
I fancy Josh Emmett at -165. He has a xenotropic check hook and a meritorious hammerfist. Emmett ought to guess the cycle.

O'Malley vs. Paiva
I am with Sean O'Malley at -310. He has a homemade triangle choke. O'Malley should employ the ring announcer.

Nunes vs. Peña
I choose Amanda Nunes at -900. She has a yellow-bellied reverse side kick. Nunes should weaken the TV audience.

Kara-France vs. Garbrandt
I am taking Cody Garbrandt at -140. He has a ultrasonic hammerfist. Garbrandt should operate the Octagon.

Cachoeira vs. Robertson
I am all over Gillian Robertson at -375. She has a digital clinch. Robertson shall bury the performance.

Oliveira vs. Poirier
I am sticking with Dustin Poirier at -150. He has a lascivious quivering palm death touch. Poirier might warp the underdog.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,702  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: -1

12.11.2021 | 5:16 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 1625th

Oliveira vs. Poirier
Charles Oliveira, SUB, R3
Crazy, amazing, beautiful first few rounds, until Charlie has a second win, lands a crazy kick up top, jumps on Poirers back as soon as he huddles up, sinks in an RNC while standing until tap. AND STILL.

Nunes vs. Peña
Amanda Nunes, TKO, R2
WBW Knockout. Two back to back hooks from Nunes puts Pena out on her back. AND STILL.

Neal vs. Ponzinibbio
Santiago Ponzinibbio, TKO, R3
Once the cardio becomes a factor, Ponz lands a huge hook, follows up on the ground for a tko finish.

Kai Kara-France, DEC
29-28x2, 30-27 Kai Kara actually dominates this fight, nullifies Cody's offense completely.

O'Malley vs. Paiva
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R2
O'Malley lands a brutally fast head kick, follows up with vicious punches knocking out Paiva in a wild fight. Also think he could rock and submit Paiva, even with the ladders BJJ experience - I mean, he would be out on his feet at the time.

Emmett vs. Ige
Josh Emmett, DEC
SPLIT Decision, 29-28x2 for Emmett and a lone 30-27 for Ige. Close fight, Ige might win this.

Munhoz vs. Cruz
Dominick Cruz, DEC
Vintage Cruz! 30-27x2,29-28x1 Pedro struggles to keep up and actually whifs on most EARLY leg kicks in the first round tiring him out, and Cruz stays fresh. 30 foot cage tonight too.

Sakai vs. Tuivasa
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R2
Tai has a fierce, no-quit attitude. That attitude shows up tonight and relentlessly lands on Sakai until either he falls, or the ref steps in on the cage.

Silva vs. Wright
Jordan Wright, TKO, R1
Upset alert. I think Wrights style/range will give him a unforseen opening sending Silva to the floor with a headkick, following up with some vicious quick straight punch ground and pound.

Muniz vs. Anders
André Muniz, SUB, R1
I think Muniz makes another crazy statement , ANOTHER Armbar in the 1st.

Blanchfield vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick, SUB, R3
Maverick has to be pissed off about that classic absolute robbery against Barber. She makes sure it does not go to the judges. Rear Naked Choke in the 3rd, after wearing Erin down in the 2nd.

Hall vs. Minner
Darrick Minner, DEC
UPSET!! Minner has the experience to avoid Hall, Hall will gladly let the clock run out as he waits for an opportunity to submit. Minner 29-28x2,30-27.

Costa vs. Kelley
Randy Costa, DEC
I feel as if Costa is going to have to prove he can fight a long fight against someone who knows he can do that. I think he can squeeze a 29-28 Unanimous.

Cachoeira vs. Robertson
Priscila Cachoeira, TKO, R2
UPSET! Robertson struggles to make this her fight, gets backed up and frustrated until Pris unloads, ref steps in...standing tko.

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,045
  • Post Score: 137

12.11.2021 | 5:17 PM ET

OMalley KO, Muniz Sub, Cachoeira KO

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 1650th

The odds on all of the above are delicious.
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,783
  • Post Score: 273

12.11.2021 | 5:18 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1936th

Try picking amateur fights back in the day with no record at all and keep a decent ratio 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,159  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

12.11.2021 | 5:21 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 1218th

Oliveira vs. Poirier
Dustin Poirier, SUB, R3
I think Dustin could get his belt if he can get past the early storm of Oliveira.

Nunes vs. Peña
Amanda Nunes, SUB, R3
Looks like it could be another quick one for Nunes, unless Pena has something prepared. This one will be fun.

Neal vs. Ponzinibbio
Santiago Ponzinibbio, TKO, R3
If Neal shows up as he was before before being hospitalized, I'm ready to be wrong.

Cody Garbrandt, TKO, R2
If Cody shows up, could be tough for Kai.

O'Malley vs. Paiva
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R2
Looks like it could be another thrilling episode of The Sugar Show.

Emmett vs. Ige
Josh Emmett, DEC
Gimme Josh.

Munhoz vs. Cruz
Dominick Cruz, DEC
If Dominick can secure 2 rounds, it should be cruz control.

Sakai vs. Tuivasa
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
Sure. I could take Tai catching Sakai early.

Silva vs. Wright
Jordan Wright, SUB, R1
Oof, fast one. I'll give Jordan credit; If he can get going quickly with the choke, that could be a smooth path.

Muniz vs. Anders
André Muniz, SUB, R1
Perhaps Muniz slaps on a quick one

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,159  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

12.11.2021 | 5:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 1218th

Blanchfield vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick, DEC
I think Maverick could make this a tough test for Erin.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

12.11.2021 | 5:22 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 2137th

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

12.11.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3335th

@Fish, I was being entirely facetious. But it’s actually dope that you’d help Miley out since he puts in an anal-retentive level of support to this sites data collection.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,863  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

12.11.2021 | 5:38 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 1121st

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Fremen
Fremen

12.11.2021 | 5:40 PM ET

@xconchris

Had an amazing middle school teacher, 3 years of middle school  5 lessons of English a week. (13-15 years old)

I'll take that as a compliment even tho I believe it is not as well as it could be. I personally believe I haven't made that much of a progress since joining highscool (teacher + 2-3 lessons a week)

Basically, for past 4 years or so - I learn all from internet - games, tv series, picking english commentary over polish while watching sport, for past  year using this forum also.

Poland isnt Russia, we are influenced by western culture, we actually learn English in school. We also have second language, most likely to be German, less likely to be French, Spanish or Russian.

As I like learning English, it is unfortunate I'm from a small city, we rarely get to speak English in bigger cities here, so where I live I had no real life random oppurtunity to speak english, like speak not type, so my accent isn't as fluent and as good as I'd love it to be. The only chance for me to speak to native speakers is thru discord I guess (which I have never done actually) 

To be honest I would not be mad if there were people here pointing out my mistakes in language because it only means improvement for me.

I have a short story about Americans I met in my 10 thousand city, if you want me to share it, I will on miscel... something thread

* Edited at 12.11.2021, 5:42 PM ET *

"****."

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

12.11.2021 | 5:42 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3335th

You should share that in the Misc thread. I love hearing those types of stories.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.11.2021 | 5:44 PM ET

It's kind of easier if everyone thinks I'm a remorseless ******* TBH.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,186
  • Post Score: 332

12.11.2021 | 5:44 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2726th

You have better English then some people born in the United States. Much more articulate and have a better vocabulary then some of the people i see on a regular basis. You probably just miss slight pop culture references and small non important things. Very nice!

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

12.11.2021 | 5:46 PM ET

English must be a nightmare to learn as a non-native speaker. It steals words and terms from modern and extinct languages both.

Page 50

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’