Main Card | Featherweight · 145 lbs | MMA
Chan Sung Jung defeats Mark Hominick via KO/TKO at 0:07 of Round 1
|11-3-0||Pro Record At Fight||20-9-0|
|Climbed to 12-3||Record After Fight||Fell to 20-10|
|+425 (Heavy Underdog)||Betting Odds||-560 (Heavy Favorite)|
|Pohang, South Korea||Fighting out of||London, Ontario|
|24 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 2 days||Age at Fight||29 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days|
|145.5 lbs (66.0 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||145.0 lbs (65.8 kgs)|
|5'7" (171cm)||Height||5'8" (173cm)|
|72.0" (183cm)||Reach||68.5" (174cm)|
|The Cranberries - Zombie||Walkout Music|
|Korean Zombie MMA||Gym||Adrenaline MMA Training & Fitness|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida
- Date: Saturday 12.10.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Herb Dean
- Venue: Air Canada Centre
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Bout Billing: Main Card (fight 8 of 12)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 145 lbs (65.8 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Jung Total Disclosed Pay: $75,000
- Hominick Total Disclosed Pay: None Disclosed
Jung vs. Hominick Wiki Update Wiki
The eighth bout of UFC 140 and the first to air on the pay per view televised main card featured Chan Sung Jung taking on Mark Hominick in the featherweight division.
Immediately to begin the fight, Hominick moved forward, attacked with a lunging left hook that missed, and Jung countered with a right hand that dropped Hominick to the canvas. Jung stepped in and finished the fight off with a series of clean punches to the chin that put Hominick out.
The end came just 7 seconds into the fight. Speaking to Joe Rogan in the post-fight interview through his translator, Jung commented, "I'm always expecting a big win, but it feels great... Just because I've been knocked out one time doesn't mean I'm [not] a great striker, I think I'm one of the best strikers in the world... I was just lucky... sorry Toronto I love Canadians!"
Jung vs. Hominick Fight Predictions
Jung vs. Hominick Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- I know it didn't go as planned, but it was an honor having @ShawnTompkins brother in my corner #RIP http://t.co/Nas0evTl
- 5 days, 3 hours, and 27 minutes
- Heading Christmas shopping. Brought my daughter for backup, heard it gets rough.
- 4 days, 21 hours, and 1 minute
- Thanks for all the messages everyone. Monday is here, so time to get back to work. Appreciate the support.
- 1 day, 16 hours, and 31 minutes
- Fought of character, came out trying to get the KO. Life is full of lessons, learned a tough one tonight. Appreciate support everyone.
- 6 hours and 35 minutes
- Reminder about the after party for #ufc140 at @mansiontoronto http://t.co/n0UI1oxQ
- 1 day, 1 hour, and 28 minutes
- Weigh in day! Feeling great, only a couple pounds to sweat out. Sorry if I am unable to reply everyone, time to focus! Appreciate support!
- 1 day, 4 hours, and 15 minutes
- Check out some of the pics and memorabilia from @WestcoastAuth http://t.co/YqW1SkY2
- 1 day, 17 hours, and 8 minutes
- Thanks to @edblackhouse for supporting the Shawn Tompkins Memorial shirts at #ufc140 Greatly appreciated.
- 2 days and 48 minutes
- Thanks again to @gotstyle for cleaning me up for the press conference. Appreciate the support! http://t.co/LZfhlQIt
- 2 days, 4 hours, and 26 minutes
- Thanks to my sponsors for UFC 140; @bodykore @MittysSportsBar @MGRconstruction @KO_reps
- 3 days, 1 hour, and 7 minutes
- Thanks to my sponsors for UFC 140; @bodycore @MittysSportsBar @MGRconstruction @KO_reps
- 3 days, 1 hour, and 35 minutes
- Thanks @gotstyle for new suit! Greatly appreciated. http://t.co/QPSYcJBH
- 3 days, 1 hour, and 36 minutes
- Got fitted up for the press conference with a new suit from @gotstyle Thanks a lot guys!
- 3 days, 1 hour, and 41 minutes
- Doing media calls for #ufc140. Been live on radio in California, New York, Florida, back to Cali ect.
- 3 days, 6 hours, and 50 minutes
- Thanks for all the support everyone! Heading over to Roger's Center for community works day with #ufc
- 4 days, 3 hours, and 44 minutes
- So pumped to have a day of rest with the family before #ufc140 week begins. Watching Home Alone as the feature tonight!
- 5 days, 23 hours, and 45 minutes
- HUGE win for Chris Clements! Stops Rich Clementi in 3rd round stoppage! @ufc take notice! 10 wins, all by stoppage. Jesse Ronson amazing too
- 6 days, 16 hours, and 24 minutes
- Thanks to @octogondon for the amazing painting. Very much appreciated. http://t.co/IK9qIxH2
- 1 week, 1 hour, and 57 minutes
- Last day of sparring before #ufc140 then off to Sarnia for expo and Score Fighing Series for the @atcmma fighters. #teamtompkins
- 1 week, 7 hours, and 39 minutes
- Finished morning strength and conditioning, off to hyperbaric chamber to recover
- 1 week, 1 day, 3 hours, and 40 minutes
- Heading into @FM96Rocks for 8am interview with @TUCKERandTAZ.
- 1 week, 1 day, 8 hours, and 28 minutes
- Local coverage on upcoming bout at #ufc140 http://t.co/ScmE2lCm
- 1 week, 2 days, 5 hours, and 18 minutes