Main Event | Light Heavyweight · 205 lbs | MMA
Quinton Jackson defeats Matt Hamill via 3 Round Decision
|31-8-0||Pro Record At Fight||10-2-0|
|Climbed to 32-8||Record After Fight||Fell to 10-3|
|-300 (Moderate Favorite)||Betting Odds||+240 (Moderate Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|Irvine, California||Fighting out of||Utica, New York|
|32 years, 11 months, 1 week, 1 day||Age at Fight||34 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 2 days|
|205.0 lbs (93.0 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||205.0 lbs (93.0 kgs)|
|6'1" (186cm)||Height||6'1" (185cm)|
|73.0" (185cm)||Reach||76.0" (193cm)|
|Wolfslair Academy||Gym||Team Punishment|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 130: Rampage vs Hamill
- Date: Saturday 05.28.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Herb Dean
- Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Bout Billing: Main Event (fight 10 of 10)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Main Card
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Jackson Total Disclosed Pay: $250,000
- Hamill Total Disclosed Pay: $32,000
Jackson vs. Hamill Wiki Update Wiki
In the main event of UFC 130 Quinton "Rampage" Jackson took on Matt "The Hammer" Hamill in a light heavyweight contest. The bout, which was put together after Jackson's initial opponent of Thiago Silva was removed after a positive drug test, took over the main event slot after a Frank Edgar vs Gray Maynard title fight fell apart due to injury.
Hamill came out and landed a low kick quickly, then threw a head kick that Rampage blocked. Jackson stuffed a takedown attempt from Hamill and threw a combination as they broke free from the clinch. Hamill continued to throw kicks and Rampage countered nicely each time with hooks and uppercuts. Jackson began to land with more frequency and held the center of the Octagon as Hamill tried to find an answer. Hamill was again stuffed on a takedown attempt and was blasted with uppercuts and other punches, in deep trouble towards the end of the round.
Hamill attacked with a head kick to kick off the second round, but Jackson blocked it and countered, winning the exchange. A pair of knees to the body landed on Hamill, who flung Jackson away after the sequence. The pace of the fight slowed down with neither fighter fully committing to their attacks. Jackson defended every takedown attempt and was in control of the fight, landing several hard body shots and other strikes that appeared to almost have Hamill finished.
Hamill was unable to get much offense going in the third, though he did manage to clinch up and press Rampage against the fence. Jackson broke free, landed some good counters, and controlled the round. The audience was not thrilled with the level of action, and both fighters appeared to be running on fumes towards the end. Rampage clearly won the fight nonetheless, outclassing Hamill for all three rounds.
The judges scored the bout unanimously 30-27 for Quinton Jackson. Speaking to Joe Rogan in the post-fight interview, Jackson commented, "Matt Hamill is tough, I tried to knock him out, I came into this fight with a fractured hand but I still tried to knock him out... He's really tough, he's a great fighter, he has some good kicks... I tried to make it exciting but the man ain't no chump!"
Jackson vs. Hamill Fight Predictions
Jackson vs. Hamill Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- @tomblackledge that's safe the way u drive,u probably made the problem
- 4 days, 16 hours, and 43 minutes
- Yo @DevinColeMMA do yo wife call u the fastest heavy weight as well? Not that I care at all,but please share hahahaha @GibsonMMA @JuliaBudd
- 4 days, 16 hours, and 40 minutes
- @JeremyMayMMA not sure pimp,but am I caring is the real question!
- 4 days, 2 hours, and 38 minutes
- @JuliaBudd I been up late playing cod,miss yo food,its taco day FML o well I will eat something healthy.... I hope
- 4 days and 57 minutes
- Coach @GibsonMMA hope yo meeting went good today,side note my dog loves me again,the damn trader!
- 3 days, 21 hours, and 16 minutes
- @bisping thanks mate,have fun n Vegas,but train @mayhemmiller aint no joke u guys r a lot alike
- 3 days, 15 hours, and 23 minutes
- @titoortiz I'm helping @TheChinRoberts and kongo,but I can see if I can squeeze u n,wait that didn't sound right 4 some reason
- 3 days, 11 hours, and 42 minutes
- @titoortiz yo thanks 4 da love,u texted the wrong phone,u know @boostmobile gave me like 3 of them,good luck on yo fight
- 3 days, 11 hours, and 35 minutes
- @bisping thanks 4 helping me,and congrats on TUF u and @mayhemmiller will make a great show,can't wait 2 see u guys n action
- 3 days, 7 hours, and 16 seconds
- Guys don't worry,I dint hurt the fracture more,and the swollen knuckle is getting better,thanks back n the gym on Monday
- 3 days, 4 hours, and 48 minutes
- @Rampage4real Thanks, such a honor to go against an elite fighter. How many people can say they fought rampage? I can.
- 3 days, 4 hours, and 46 minutes
- Yo @hammerufc u didn't break my will,but u gain my respect,fan of yours now,special thanks 2 @boostmobile 4 my training gym!
- 3 days, 2 hours, and 13 minutes
- Thanks Mark Kenny is the best boxing coach I ever train wit,sorry I didn't get the KO,I will put more time with u now,much love
- 3 days, 1 hour, and 39 minutes
- @JuliaBudd gonna miss u 2 and your food! Love u guys! @GibsonMMA is the best coach n da world!
- 2 days, 22 hours, and 20 minutes
- I wanna thank @GibsonMMA,@JuliaBudd,@TheChinRoberts,@Goodguybri,@gavinsterritt, Tyson Jeffries,Jody Vedapo,and Devin Cole 4 helping me win!
- 2 days, 20 hours, and 28 minutes
- Yo the pool party is on and poppin at Red Rock,I'm trying 2 get the Judys 2 go top less!!!
- 1 day, 2 hours, and 22 minutes
- Thanks 2 all my fans 4 the support,sorry I didn't k O him,he's a tuff dude,much love yall
- 10 hours and 30 minutes
- Press Conference Stare Down: Week of the Fight (Vid 4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1aS0nJOv54
- 2 days, 1 hour, and 33 minutes
- Thanks 2 all 4 the love,I got mo stuff coming 4 yall soon,but its time 4 my nap b4 my LAST training session 2night,I will post some of it
- 2 days, 16 hours, and 41 minutes
- Week of the Fight (Vid 3) Ufc Poster Signing. Behind the scenes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKSDZUE8c4M
- 2 days, 19 hours, and 20 minutes
- Week of the Fight Video 2. Thai pads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djiXzLKwJFY
- 3 days, 2 hours, and 39 minutes
- 3 more days till weigh in. 205 is no longer mission impossible. http://twitpic.com/525zyw
- 3 days, 16 hours, and 52 minutes
- Yo fyi my web site is back up and running,and I'm gonna be up loading clips n stuff soon,I hope, rampage-jackson.com check it out will ya
- 3 days, 17 hours, and 21 minutes
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amajsrItMhE go check out this commercial I did 4 @boostmobile if u like laughing,if not don't bother
- 4 days, 20 hours, and 9 minutes
- Contest winner Announced: http://tinyurl.com/3c5ogm4 Thanks to everyone who bought a shirt to support Japan. Also thanks to @REVEN100
- 4 days, 21 hours, and 34 minutes
- It was great seeing my good friend @BasRuttenMMA today,thanks 4 the 02- trainer,now I can play video games and trained @ the same time!!
- 6 days, 15 hours, and 59 minutes
- Since so many people r talking about my interviews,if I'm asked stupid questions u will get a certain interview,others get funny interviews
- 1 week, 1 day, 19 hours, and 54 minutes