Preliminary Card | Lightweight · 155 lbs | MMA
Donald Cerrone defeats Paul Kelly via Submission at 3:48 of Round 2
|13-3-0||Pro Record At Fight||12-3-0|
|Climbed to 14-3||Record After Fight||Fell to 12-4|
|-300 (Moderate Favorite)||Betting Odds||+240 (Moderate Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||United Kingdom|
|Albuquerque, New Mexico||Fighting out of||Liverpool, England|
|27 years, 10 months, 1 week||Age at Fight||26 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 3 days|
|155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||155.0 lbs (70.3 kgs)|
|6'1" (185cm)||Height||5'9" (176cm)|
|BMF Ranch||Gym||Wolfslair Academy|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC 126: Silva vs. Belfort
- Date: Saturday 02.05.2011 at 10:00 PM ET
- Referee: Steve Mazzagatti
- Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 6 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Kelly Total Disclosed Pay: $94,000
- Cerrone Total Disclosed Pay: $111,000
Kelly vs. Cerrone Wiki Update Wiki
In a televised Spike TV preliminary card bout, former WEC lightweight Donald Cerrone took on UFC veteran Paul Kelly.
Cerrone immediately dove under a punch from Kelly, that may have been as Cerrone was looking to touch gloves. Cerrone took Kelly down and briefly had mount, yet Kelly popped up to his feet and threw a pair of knees. Kelly came in again with a flying knee that had Cerrone on the defensive but looking composed. Kelly continued to score, landing first with punches as Cerrone could only land a couple of low kicks. Kelly landed again with his right hand and countered Cerrone effectively, and was nearly dominating the striking. Cerrone landed a takedown with just over a minute remaining in the fight and worked some elbows from half guard as the round ended. Kelly was cut wide open by an elbow with seconds remaining.
Cerrone dug a series of low kicks into Kelly's leg to begin round 3. Kelly again found success with his striking, yet Cerrone completed a takedown with three minutes left and soon found full mount. Kelly gave up his back to escape the ground and pound onslaught, and in the transition Cerrone locked on a body triangle and then attacked for a rear naked choke. Softening Kelly up with punches, he finally sunk in the tight rear naked choke that forced the tappet.
Speaking to Joe Rogan in the post-fight interview, Cerrone commented, "I'm glad to be here and show that WEC guys deserve to be here… that's Greg Jackson's jiu jitsu, my training partners are the best in the world."
Kelly vs. Cerrone Fight Predictions
Videos & Highlights
Interview | Ariel Helwani Post-Fight Interview With Donald Cerrone report dead link
Donald Cerrone speaks to Ariel Helwani in this post-fight video from UFC 126.
Interview | MMA30tv Interviews Donald Cerrone and Paul Kelly report dead link
In this post-UFC 126 video interview, MMA30tv talks to Donald Cerrone about his victory over Paul Kelly. Kelly participates in the interview to discuss and explain the allegations of an unsportsmanlike punch that took place at the start of the fight.
Interview | Donald Cerrone Post Fight Interview Video report dead link
Karyn Bryant talks to Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone following his UFC 126 win over Paul Kelly in this video for MMA Heat.
Interview | Cowboy Cerrone Talks Upcoming Paul Kelly Bout report dead link
Fighters Only Magazine interviews Donald Cerrone ahead of his UFC 126 bout against Paul Kelly in this video shot on Cerrone's ranch.
Kelly vs. Cerrone Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- At mantra tattoo Having my boy ben drill on my leg!! http://plixi.com/p/76243931
- 4 days, 19 hours, and 2 minutes
- If your in the Denver area come down to the stampede and grab a beer with us tonight!
- 3 days, 22 hours, and 6 minutes
- On are way to @grudesports to do some sparring with @DUANEBANGCOM
- 2 days, 13 hours, and 48 minutes
- I just had the greatest night of my career and 20 mins before my fight my grandfather ( father) passed!! I'm so sick I don't know what to do
- 6 hours and 5 minutes
- RT: UFC lightweight @Cowboycerrone chatting it up with @MMAjunkieJohn. Excited for Spike fight on Saturday. http://plixi.com/p/74559865
- 2 days, 5 hours, and 11 minutes
- M249 saw!! Shiiiiiit now thats fun!! http://twitvid.com/EZ1VP
- 4 days, 2 hours, and 56 minutes
- Walking into the gun store LV, about to shoot some shit!! http://plixi.com/p/74090504
- 4 days, 4 hours, and 31 minutes