Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero
Preliminary Card | Light Heavyweight | 205 lbs
Kyle Kingsbury defeats Ricardo Romero via KO/TKO at 0:21 of Round 1
|9-2-0||Pro Record At Fight||11-1-0||Climbed to 10-2||Record After Fight||Fell to 11-2|
|+105 (Near Even)||Betting Odds||-130 (Slight Favorite)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|San Jose, California||Fighting out of||North Brunswick, New Jersey|
|28 years, 10 months, 14 days||Age at Fight||32 years, 9 months, 21 days|
|205.0 lbs (93.0 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||205.0 lbs (93.0 kgs)|
|6'4" (194cm)||Height||6'0" (183cm)|
|76.5" (194cm)||Reach||76.0" (193cm)|
|American Kickboxing Academy||Gym||Advanced Martial Arts|
- Bout Information
- Date: Saturday 02.05.2011 at 10:00 PM ET
- Referee: Steve Mazzagatti
- Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 2 of 11)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: Light Heavyweight | 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Dark Bout, Shown on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Kingsbury Total Disclosed Pay: $20,000
- Romero Total Disclosed Pay: $10,000
Kingsbury vs. Romero Wiki Update Wiki
In a preliminary card bout that was originally unaired but then replayed on Spike TV, Kyle Kingsbury took on Ricardo Romero.
To kick things off Kingsbury landed a knee to body in the clinch, then another, and a left hook knocked down Romero. Romero turned to his side, rocked by the knees and the punch, letting Kingsbury swarm with a pair of punches, handing Kingsbury the impressive and quick TKO victory.
Talking to Joe Rogan in the post-fight interview, Kingsbury commented, "Thanks Joe, it's nice to finally get to talk to you… Honestly it was about keeping my distance and staying relaxed and composed… I took my time and it worked out fine."
Kingsbury vs. Romero Fight Predictions
Videos & Highlights
Documentary | "The Fight Business: Ricardo Romero" UFC 126 Video report dead link
In this documentary-style video produced by MMA Mania, Ricardo Romero's preparation for his UFC 126 fight with Kyle Kingsbury is documented.
Interview | Kyle Kingsbury Post Fight Interview Video report dead link
Ariel Helwani talks to Kyle Kingsbury after his impressive and quick UFC 126 victory over Ricardo Romero in this video.
Kingsbury vs. Romero Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- @ForrestGriffin you said it was manly to have chest hair so I'm no longer shaving my chest and abs for fights.
- 1 day
- http://t.co/Zm4z3xX via @UFC interview up on ufc.com
- 2 days
- Down to 212 after a nice steam and cold plunge. The water weight flying off! Super easy cut :D
- 2 days
- Anyone ever had their hotel door fail on them? I'm locked out - 3 trips to the front desk for new keys! Security can't even open the door!
- 3 days
- http://t.co/lqoWjNM the last of my beard is coming off soon. It was a good run!
- 7 days
- @cormier2010 got some love, @cainmma got serious love, then "please don't hurt em Hammer" stole the show!
- 7 days
- @ryanbader we still have to do the chompies slider challenge! I think Ortiz wants in too. I want to try a "luther burger".
- 8 days
- Hard work is over just have to chip at my weight and maintain cardio. I'm watching DDD thinking about what I want to eat after the fight!
- 8 days
- hey gang check out the grand opening this Saturday from 12-4pm Www.sanjoselearningcenter.com
- 8 days