- Given Name: Kyle Loren Kingsbury
- Pro MMA Record: 11-6-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
- Nickname: Kingsbu
- Current Streak: 4 Losses
- Age: 38 | Date of Birth: 1982.03.22
- Last Fight: July 26, 2014 in UFC
- Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 204.5 lbs
- Affiliation: American Kickboxing Academy
- Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 76.5" (194cm)
- Career Disclosed Earnings: $181,000 USD
- Born: San Jose, California, United States
- Fighting out of: San Jose, California
- College: Arizona State University
- Foundation Style: N/A
Regional Rankings Rankings FAQ
Kyle Kingsbury is ineligible for regional rankings due to inactivity.
Fighters must have at least one completed MMA bout in the past two years to be ranked.
Gyms & Affiliations
Kyle Kingsbury Wiki Update Wiki
American Kickboxing Academy product Kyle Kingsbury found his way to the UFC as a castmate on season eight of 'The Ultimate Fighter.' He would lose by submission to Ryan Bader in a fight to earn his way into the TUF house, but would be brought back as a member of Team Nogueira after two fighters went down with injuries. Kingsbury would lose to Krzysztof Soszynski in the opening round, and would lose in a fight at the TUF 8 Finale to Tom Lawlor, but the UFC would keep him around as a part of their light-heavyweight division.
'Kingsbu' would go on a four fight winning streak from this point on, including a 21 second TKO finish over Ricardo Romero. He would then drop a decision to veteran Stephan Bonnar, and would lose again to high rising Brazilian prospect Glover Teixeira. Kingsbury next agreed to fight British striker Jimi Manuwa, in what would be the undefeated Manuwa's UFC debut. Kingsbury took multiple kicks and knees to the head, but was never dropped in a first round that he lost badly. Kingsbury used his wrestling to control the second period, but the fight would be stopped after the round. Kingsbury could no longer see out of his swollen left eye and Manuwa was awarded the TKO victory.
The Ultimate Fighter 8
Episode 2 Ryan Bader def. Kingsbury by Arm Triangle at 1:33 in Round 2
*Episode 9 Krzysztof Soszynski def. Kingsbury by Armbar at 2:36 of Round 1
*Kingsbury was given another fight after an injury to Karn Grigoryan