Topic: UFC 238

UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,014
  • Post Score: 47

02.09.2019 | 10:28 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 238
  • Saturday 06.08.2019 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: United Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,034,387
  • Attendance: 16,083
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 946,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims, 1.2M peak))
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Henry Cejudo   defeats   Marlon Moraes   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:51 Round 3 of 5, 14:51 Total Bout Page
Valentina Shevchenko   defeats   Jessica Eye   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   0:26 Round 2 of 5, 5:26 Total Bout Page
Tony Ferguson   defeats   Donald Cerrone   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 2 of 3, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Jimmie Rivera   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Blagoy Ivanov   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Nina Nunes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Pedro Munhoz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexa Grasso   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Calvin Kattar   defeats   Ricardo Lamas   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:06 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Xiaonan Yan   defeats   Angela Hill   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Darren Stewart   defeats   Bevon Lewis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eddie Wineland   defeats   Grigorii Popov   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Joanne Wood   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 3

blackrabbit
blackrabbit
  • Predictions:  255  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

06.04.2019 | 8:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1931st

Ferguson vs. Cerrone
Donald Cerrone, DEC
So hard to call, this is the real main event!

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117

06.04.2019 | 9:57 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1876th

Cejudo vs. Moraes
Marlon Moraes, TKO, R1
I really hope Marlon head kicks this Crinjudo motha****a clean out!

Shevchenko vs. Eye
Jessica Eye, DEC
I think Eye makes this a tougher fight than everyone expects. Especially all you virgins out there in the Valentina fan club! **** it! I'm picking Eye just so I can rub it in Valentina **** bois!

Ferguson vs. Cerrone
Donald Cerrone, TKO, R1
I said it as soon as this fight was made and I still feel the same. Cowboy gonna kick this crazy bastard in the head!

Rivera vs. Yan
Petr Yan, TKO, R3
Petr continues his march toward the title. This 1 could get ugly!

Kowalkiewicz vs. Grasso
Alexa Grasso, DEC
As much as I love Karolina, not as much as most of you sex pests! I think she's on her way out of the sport. Grasso is a younger, bigger, Mexican version of her! After last weekend I'm going with the Mexican!

Yan vs. Hill
Angela Hill, DEC
Wow! Usually Hill is an undeserved huge favourite! Now it's the other way around, on here anyway, the odds are closer. This is a 1st as I usually pick against Hill!

Lewis vs. Stewart
Darren Stewart, TKO, R2
I don't understand why Lewis is such a big favourite after getting KO'd cold last time out? I get he was winning the fight but he went out out! Stewart, for me anyway, won his last fight against hot prospect and had KO'd his last 2 before then. Unless Lewis has some amazing wrestling he's been hiding then I got Stewart smoking his boots!

Chookagian vs. Calderwood
Joanne Calderwood, SUB, R2
Lets ****** go JoJo! TONGS YA BASS!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

Polish Punisher04
Polish Punisher04
  • Predictions:  2,629  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1

06.04.2019 | 11:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 206th

Cejudo vs. Moraes
Marlon Moraes, TKO, R1
Speed and power will be key ! Morses clips him

Shevchenko vs. Eye
Jessica Eye, TKO, R4
Levels to this game .... Valentina on another level

Ferguson vs. Cerrone
Donald Cerrone, DEC
Amazing fight !!!!! Will be fight of the night but Cowboy on a mission and leg kicks will be key

Rivera vs. Yan
Petr Yan, DEC
Solid fight but Rivera on the way down and Yan on his way up. Yan does everything better than Rivera

Tuivasa vs. Ivanov
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
I think Tuivasa lands something early and gets the stoppage

Suarez vs. Ansaroff
Tatiana Suarez, TKO, R3
Tatiana is the future champ!!!!! Dominance !!!!! Expect dominance

Munhoz vs. Sterling
Pedro Munhoz, DEC
Very tough to call , I think Sterlings jab can be the key but Munoz pressure should get it done

Kowalkiewicz vs. Grasso
Alexa Grasso, DEC
Karolina is on a downsloap and confidence is shook... Gorasso stand up and movement should get her points and win a close decision

Lamas vs. Kattar
Calvin Kattar, DEC
Lamas is good but I think Kattar is on his way up .

Yan vs. Hill
Xiaonan Yan, DEC
I think this will be closer than the odds say as well, but Yans output will be more than Hills and that will be the difference

Lewis vs. Stewart
Bevon Lewis, TKO, R1
Closer fight than the odds say, but I think Lewis comes back from the Ko loss with a KO win

Wineland vs. Popov
Grigorii Popov, DEC
Even fight , a few years ago Wineland wins for sure, now Popov kicks will be the key .

Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Tough fight to call , Calderwood has looked good recently but I think Chookagian movement will be the key for a split decision

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.04.2019 | 11:45 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 645 Points   |   Tied for 103rd

Wineland vs. Popov

Grigorii Popov. KO/TKO R2.

Several years ago now I attended a highschool reunion. It was fine, there were canapes and quail egg  hors d'ouvres, and two women in particular who had rejected  me as a young man who had degenerated into dour gorgons as a result of too many children, too much margarine, and general poor life satisfaction and drudgery. Anyway, as part of the deal, we were allowed to walk around the grounds, and visit some of our old rooms.

We were meant to do it as a part of a group, but I was over trying to pretend I liked anyone, or really remembered them, and didn't want any more of them to touch me or talk to me. So I wandered off on my own, and moseyed up to my old maths unit. So I'm walking around, and something grabs my attention; an old square that seemed familiar. So I grabbed it and turned it over...and sure enough, it had been a square I had been made to use as student.

Now, this particular square had been singularly awful; it was made out of some kind of  Jet black perspex or acrylic which had warped somehow, and it never sat flush with the surface of the table. You'd always wind up drawing wonky lines with it, or be off by about half to a full a degree or so whenever using it. Nobody ever picked it first, and everybody only grudgingly deigned to use it.

This square was a veteran even before my time. Some wag, presumably at some point in the early 90's, had carved the words 'old black sambo', which I presume to have been a racist derogatory term in reference to somebody or something at the time of engraving, into the back of it with what I suppose would have been the sharp end of a protractor.

Before I knew it, I'd uttered aloud 'Oh--Old black Sambo...you're still here!' And quickly turned around to make sure nobody had heard me. I was alone. Nobody had. It came to me that I should steal the square. I can't really explain why; I just wanted it, for reasons of sentiment and nostalgia, even though it had always been terrible--indeed, the worst of its kind, and a profound disappointment to myself and others. And going by things, probably was going to continue to be those things to others.

I thought about taking it it for a while, but the sound of approaching footsteps made me put it back and rejoin the foray.

God speed Eddie. I want you to win, but you won't....because you're the old black sambo of the UFC.
Popov by KO/TKO within two.

* Edited at 06.04.2019, 11:52 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 17 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.05.2019 | 5:56 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 839th

El cu'cuy or Cowboy I can't decide. This fight is madness. Guaranteed fight of the night.

* Edited at 06.05.2019, 5:57 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.05.2019 | 5:58 PM ET

I cannot believe anyone thinks Cowboy has any shot in this fight TBH free. Cowboy is basically just low-fat Tony. Decaf Tony. There is not a single aspect of fighting in which he is better. Tony Finishes him brutally within two.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 17 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.05.2019 | 6:27 PM ET

I feel the opposite is true. That their both the same style fighter. Tony more wild and unpredictable Cowboy more technique and experience. I see this fight being a spectacular war maybe even fight of the year.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.05.2019 | 6:35 PM ET

I think this will be a completely one-sided destruction with Cowboy on the receiving end. Cowboy has never done well against pressure fighters, especially not within the first two rounds, and Tony might be the most devastating pressure fighter over two rounds we've ever seen. Cowboy won't get the chance to sit back and pick his moments. He'll be dealing with a relentless, utterly insane out of control thresher machine right out the gate--one with unlimited cardio and excellent shot recovery. I think he gets put away bloodily and early.

* Edited at 06.05.2019, 6:38 PM ET *

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,786  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

06.05.2019 | 6:39 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 785th

i agree with free, tony is way to sloppy in his striking, we've seen him rattled in almost every fight, he does recover very quickly but cowboy wont rush in stupidly for the finish. its a toss up, but im thinking cerrone by close decision.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.05.2019 | 6:43 PM ET

Tony by KO/TKO R2.

Remember this thread!
zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

06.05.2019 | 7:35 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 2470th

I think Ferguson gets the stoppage, but I want Cowboy to win so bad. Been a fan since WEC. I know it's a longshot, but I'd rather miss the pick going with my heart than get it right going with my head!

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

phillip53
phillip53

06.05.2019 | 9:07 PM ET

CEJUDO vs MORAES

cejudo by decision or maybe late stoppage

i've really been flip flopping on this fight. i think common sense says go with moraes, hes been on a rip lately for sure. but i have a strange feeling that cejudo is going to surprise everyone at 135. 

SHEVCHENKO vs EYE

shevchenko by decision.

as ive said before i think this fight is a lot closer than the line and everyone thinks. no way would i lay -1300 on any womens fight. so its dog or pass as far as betting goes and i dont think a small play on eye would be out of line.

CERRONE vs FERGUSON

cerrone by decision, or maybe late head kick finish.

ive flip flopped a few times on this fight as well, cerrone has never seemed all that interested in winning a title, until now. he seems to have found new motivation since hes a father. if thats enough or not i guess we'll soon find out. ferguson is totally unpredictable and loves the violence but i think that could be his undoing if cerrone can avoid getting drawn into a wild brawl, which is where tony has the biggest advantage. 

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

phillip53
phillip53

06.05.2019 | 9:32 PM ET

SUAREZ vs ANSAROFF

suarez by sub round 1 or 2

i actually think this fight is a bigger mismatch than shevchenko/eye. i thought ansaroff lost the fight with gadhella, i wasnt impressed with her ground game much at all. i think this is a setup for suarez.

RIVERA vs YAN

yan by decision

i think this fight is closer than the line says. if i was going to bet this fight i would bet it goes to decision.

phillip53
phillip53

06.05.2019 | 10:29 PM ET

TUIVASA vs IVANOV

tuivasa by ko round 2 or 3

i think this is two fairly evenly matched heavyweights and that means it could go either way. very slight advantage for tuivasa.

MUNHOZ vs STERLING

munhoz by decision

i thnk this fight goes to decision, could be a split, very hard fight to call. im kinda surprised sterling is the favorite, though.

KATTAR vs LAMAS

kattar by decision or late finish.

this a calvins chance to crack the top ten, i think he will in a close, hard fought fight.

GRASSO vs KOWALKIEWICZ

grasso by decision.

karolina might not ever recover from the ko by andrade. she certainly didnt look like it against waterson. even though grasso is a true atomweight im picking her here. i guess we'll see if karolina can get over that ko.

YAN vs HILL

yan by decision

not much to say here. if yan cant win this fight she needs to go back to china, this is a slight step up for her as hill has fought the better competition and she should crack the top 15 with a win.

LEWIS vs STEWART

who cares?

WINELAND vs POPOV

wineland by decision or late finish.

a purely sentimental pick. i like the way eddie fights.

CALDERWOOD vs CHOOKAGIAN

calderwood by decision

joanne has looked much improved her last couple of fights. i hope she continues here.

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

06.06.2019 | 10:00 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 645th

Cejudo vs. Moraes
Marlon Moraes, TKO, R2
still feel like tj "should" have beat henry on paper and marlon doesn't fight ****y. going up in weight pushes it really towards moraes in my mind

Shevchenko vs. Eye
Valentina Shevchenko, DEC
valentina should tune her up wherever it goes, but i'm not expecting a finish.

Ferguson vs. Cerrone
Tony Ferguson, DEC
3 rounds makes this harder to call, not that it'd be easy with 5. i hope this isn't the universe where tony and khabib never fight.

Rivera vs. Yan
Petr Yan, TKO, R1
good on jimmie for taking this, but it's a bad matchup for him if he can't force a td.

Tuivasa vs. Ivanov
Blagoy Ivanov, DEC
blagoi is a tank, he can survive r1 and come back strong.

Suarez vs. Ansaroff
Tatiana Suarez, DEC
nina has been really impressive since her return, but tatiana looks to be the future champ.

Munhoz vs. Sterling
Pedro Munhoz, DEC
i wanna pick sterling, but i'm not gonna. just feel like his strength is really pedro's strength and he's on the wrong end of the power/technique equation. maybe he can stay elusive and frustrate munhoz, but otherwise he's gonna get stalked.

Kowalkiewicz vs. Grasso
Karolina Kowalkiewicz, DEC
karolina is probably better technically and i kind of expect her to have a better pacing than alexa.

Lamas vs. Kattar
Calvin Kattar, DEC
this is a tough call. it comes off like a changing of the guards type fight, but lamas is still capable of winning most matchups outside of the top 5. kattar seems to do a good job of fighting long and maybe that keeps ricardo too far outside to effectively mix in td attempts?

Yan vs. Hill
Xiaonan Yan, DEC
always feels like hill could have done more in her fights and these newer chinese prospects have been the exact opposite.

Lewis vs. Stewart
Bevon Lewis, DEC
lewis looks like he should become a monster, stewart has shown he's at least a decent bottomfeeder. hoping the loss to hall has focused bevon and he can't avoid the slugfest with technical clinches.

Wineland vs. Popov
Eddie Wineland, TKO, R2
eddie's not getting slept by random dudes yet so this fight doesn't make much sense to me. can't tell if it's a bounceback or if they think popov is a 35 year old prospect.

Joanne Calderwood, DEC
i agree with the consensus jojo decision. chookagian just doesn't have enough behind her punches to force jojo's respect and she hasn't shown enough of a ground game to think she can simply outclass a recently improved calderwood.

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

06.06.2019 | 11:15 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1931st

Tuivasa vs. Ivanov
Tai Tuivasa, DEC
The lean has to be towards Tuivasa here but it isn't much more then a lean. The wildcard would be if Ivanov switched things up and grappled more then he has to this point in the UFC. Betting this fight is high risk with no real value on either fighter. The pick is Tuivasa. I went by decision but he very well could get a KO or get taken down and beaten up. No real certainty with this pick

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

Moorlady
Moorlady

06.06.2019 | 11:50 AM ET

I'm Going To Be There!!!!!

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1666th

I want to see finishes and brutal split decisions all night long!

Ferguson v Cerrone
DRAW, FOTN
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

06.06.2019 | 11:59 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 91st

I was already leaning towards moraes, but now with the knee injury rumour for cejudo I’m definitely confident with my pick
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.06.2019 | 3:43 PM ET

@moorlady u lucky duck!
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.06.2019 | 5:04 PM ET

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 13 hours, and 32 minutes from now.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303