Topic: UFC 228

UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,026
  • Post Score: 47

07.18.2018 | 3:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 228
  • Saturday 09.08.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: FX
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: American Airlines Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,714,556
  • Attendance: 14,073
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 130,000 | TV Ratings: 560,000 avg. viewers (FX prelims, 683k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tyron Woodley   defeats   Darren Till   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:19 Round 2 of 5, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zabit Magomedsharipov   defeats   Brandon Davis   via Submission, Kneebar   3:46 Round 2 of 3, 8:46 Total Bout Page
Jimmie Rivera   defeats   John Dodson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Carla Esparza   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 3 of 3, 14:33 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Cody Stamann   via Submission, Kneebar   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
Geoff Neal   defeats   Frank Camacho   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   1:23 Round 2 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Darren Stewart   defeats   Charles Byrd   via KO/TKO, Right Elbow   2:17 Round 2 of 3, 7:17 Total Bout Page
Diego Sanchez   defeats   Craig White   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Alex White   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Irene Aldana   defeats   Lucie Pudilová   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jarred Brooks   defeats   Roberto Sanchez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 3

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

08.28.2018 | 6:55 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1350th

Thanks for being a punching-bag Davis! 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

08.28.2018 | 8:04 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 900th

Poor davis couldn't get a worse fight.
BoxKicker
BoxKicker
  • Predictions:  14,961  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 186

08.29.2018 | 1:34 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 159th

Till walking away with the belt, most likely with a rematch for his first title defense,depending on how it goes down.

"Drive Fast, Take Chances"

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

08.29.2018 | 3:19 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 385 Points   |   1518th Place

I just can't picture Woodley being beat by him, I underestimated Woodley one time, when he fought Lawler and I would have bet a bunch Lawler was going to destroy him, but we know what happened. Not only that I believed wonderboy to be the tru best 170er an yet he was clearly beaten by Woodley twice. I see the same thing here, an underwhelming win for Woodley.

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

brianstringer71
brianstringer71
  • Predictions:  2,128  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 217

08.29.2018 | 5:10 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1070th

As much as I loved Diego, I don't think this is his game anymore.  I mean, I feel old just thinking about him.

"No matter where you go, there you are."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

08.29.2018 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1801st

Diego should have retired after that hellbow KO by Brown.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 6 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,787
  • Post Score: 180

09.01.2018 | 1:13 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 430th

So they've still got 14 fights listed huh? Wonder who the unlucky pair is that only gets to fight if there is a dropout, which isn't exactly bad odds but I wonder if they even know or if it's one of those ******** "unwritten rule" games.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

09.02.2018 | 11:07 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 5 others

Jared Brooks vs Roberto Sanchez (Ryan Benoit out)
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

09.02.2018 | 11:46 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 5 others

Down Hill
Down Hill
  • Predictions:  2,981  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 142

09.03.2018 | 1:41 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1536th

Woodley vs. Till
Darren Till, DEC
I got Darren Till by robbery decision. Tyron is going to ***** about him being robbed and not getting the respect he deserves. Which is probably going to be true (robbery part). New Champ.

Montaño vs. Shevchenko
Valentina Shevchenko, SUB, R1
New champ. Sorry, Nicco. No area in mma does the Nicco have an advantage over valentina. Valentina will outstrike her on the feet and if it goes to the ground it's even worst. I can see valentina submitting nicco in rd 1 or 2. I think it will be rd 1.

Magomedsharipov vs. Davis
Zabit Magomedsharipov, DEC
it's pretty clear Zabit is going to win... how is he going to win? submission or by decision. I'm going to go with decision. I think Brandon Davis will be a punching bag for Zabit for all 3 rounds. Since Zabit has been able to takedown every opponent thus far in the ufc it's likely Brandon is no exception either. If brandon can survive on the ground against zabit then the fight will go the full 3 rounds as Brandon is a punching bag for Zabit to kick at. If brandon can't survive on the ground then zabit will most likely get the submission victory. On the feet Brandon will lose by decision. On the ground, if Brandon can't stand back up then he'll be submitted. Brandon should not have accepted this fight on short notice because if he loses (and he will) he'll be 1-3 in the ufc and might end up being cut from the roster. It would not be hard for Dana White to cut him seeing how his ufc and overall mma record isn't great as well.

Andrade vs. Kowalkiewicz
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
how i see the fight going down: jessica andrade forward pressure and power shots will eventually cause Karolina to fade and be overwhelmed. Karolina's best moments in this fight will be her jabs. Jessica is going to eat a lot of jabs to the nose but she'll be able to eventually land power shots on Karolina. Jessica will eventually be able to close the distance and clinch with Karolina. I can see Jessica throwing power punches to the body once she's clinching and pinning Karolina's back along the fence. Result: Jessica Andrade by decision due to forward pressure, power shots landed, slams? and landing more effective shots.

Price vs. Razak Alhassan
Niko Price, SUB, R2
Niko is going to employ the same strategy that he used against Brandon Thatch. That gameplan is: take opponent down to the ground asap and go for the submission. Abdul is a dangerous striker in that he has a lot of KO power. However, his ground game is weak and he does fade noticeably by rd 2. He's not a cardio machine and he carries a lot of muscles. Rd 1 is the most dangerous moment for Niko. I think all it will take is 1 successful takedown for Niko to end the fight. I'm going with Niko by arm triangle choke or by rear naked choke... probably in rd 2. I can't see this fight making it to the 3rd round.

Esparza vs. Suarez
Tatiana Suarez, DEC
Both have good wrestling. I think their wrestling will cancel each other's out. However, Tatiana does have the height advantage so if they were to wrestle/clinch I would imagine she would have a slight edge in the wrestling due to her size alone. Overall, I can see this fight mostly be on the feet striking. Tatiana's striking (both offense and defense) is terrible. Carla isn't a great striker either, but her defense is better than tatiana's. I think on the compubox stats, Carla will slightly outland Tatiana for all 3 rounds. However, I think the judges are going to be bias and give the win to Tatiana by split decision. Some might argue Carla should've won. Overall, it's probably going to be a very boring fight in the striking department... which is probably going to be the majority of this fight. The only time it will be interesting is when they're in clinch position & wrestling each other. They'll both cancel each other out. I can see Carla landing 2 or 3 takedowns on Tatiana by catching her kicks. I can see tatiana level changing on Carla as she rushes in forward. In both cases, I believe both of them can stand back up and keep the fight standing. I'm only picking Tatiana to win because that's how I predict the judges will see the fight in her favor while in reality, Carla is going to get robbed of a win. Nobody is going to talk much about the controversial win because the fight is boring and the ufc wants to keep Tatiana's hype going. Against other opponents, Tatiana's wrestling will dominate. Against Carla, it will be canceled. Tatiana is going to have to strike with Carla for all 3 rounds. She's not going to look good in this fight cause styles make fights and her opponent, Carla, has the same style as her. It'll be like how phil davis and ryan bader canceled each other's wrestling. B O R I N G.

Sterling vs. Stamann
Cody Stamann, DEC
I can see both guy's wrestling being nullified by one another. I think this fight will mostly be a striking contest. Aljamain Sterling will throw kicks, stick and jab, and using side movement. Cody Stamann is going to use his boxing and forward pressure in order to close the distance on Aljamain. I think Cody will win by decision unless he can KO Aljamain under 2.5 rounds. I think Aljamain is going to underestimate cody's boxing since cody doesn't have much KO wins. I think Cody is going to show that he's improved in his striking and might be able to KO Aljamain under 2.5 rounds. However, since cody has a lot of decision wins... i'll pick on tapology that he wins by decision due to forward pressure, landing the cleaner head shots, and throws more combinations while Aljamain is more of a one-and-done in his striking. Cody will try to use the same tactic that raphael assuncao used to beat Aljamain.

Rivera vs. Dodson
Jimmie Rivera, DEC
Jimmie Rivera win all 3 rounds on the judges scorecard due to his forward pressure, takedown attempts, and leg kicks. I can see jimmie landing at least 2 takedowns in this fight but i dont think he'll be able to do much afterwards. I see John Dodson standing back up. John Dodson is getting old and hasn't KO'ed anyone in quite a while + he hasn't looked impressive in his last 4 fights. I'm going with Jimmie for the win by decision.

Stewart vs. Byrd
Charles Byrd, SUB, R2
I think rd 1 Darren is going to be explosive and stun Charles Byrd with punches but Charles will survive by taking Darren Stewart to the ground. I can see Darren making a mistake and being too reckless after he stuns him. That or Darren is going to go for a guillotine choke after he rocks him believing he'll tap. Wrong. If Darren goes for a guillotine he'll end up giving up his back while Charles gets top position and recover from being stunned. Rd 2 Charles will take darren to the ground knowing that darren isn't much of a submission threat. Charles Byrd win via submission in rd 2

Sanchez vs. White
Diego Sanchez, DEC
tough one to call. Craig isn't that good of a fighter while Diego has a glass chin. I think Diego Sanchez will survive all 3 rounds with Craig White and win via decision. If it's anybody that is going to get the KO win it would be Craig White in rd 1 probably by knees & punches. Craig is younger, taller, and has a better chin. I wanna pick Craig, but I think Diego will a decision by using his wrestling. Why? Diego knows his chin is glass, he's the shorter guy and is vulnerable to knees, and getting ktfo isn't fun. He wants to win so he's going to go back to his wrestling roots and close the distance asap. I'm going with Diego Sanchez for the win.

Miller vs. White
Alex White, DEC
Alex White uses his height and reach advantage to slightly win every round. The story of the fight will be Alex White's counter punches, uppercuts, and jabs. I can definitely see Alex outjabbing Jim Miller for all 3 rounds and in the process making his nose bleed. I would imagine Jim being the aggressor in this fight while Alex is moving backwards or standing his ground and countering Jim as he rushes in recklessly being the much shorter guy. Jim Miller will try to go for takedowns but I don't think he'll be able to control alex on the ground long enough to be able to do much. Alex is most likely going to pop back right up if taken down. Result: Alex White win via decision... boring and safe fight. A win is a win.

Aldana vs. Pudilová
Lucie Pudilová, DEC
rd 1 - Lucie Pudilova pressures irene. She walks forward slightly outboxing Irene. She might even go for a takedown. Rd 1 slightly goes to lucie. rd 2 - Lucie does the same thing as rd 1 but with more takedown attempts. Not sure if she'll be successful in taking Irene down but she's the one with the forward pressure and constantly employing dirty boxing. rd 2 slight edge again goes to Lucie. Rd 3 - Lucie does the same thing as rd 1 and 2. I don't see Irene being able to adjust during the fight and will most likely lose rd 3 as well in the judges eyes. Results: Lucie win by split decision. 30-27, 30-27, while another judge scores it 29-28 in favor of Irene.

Brooks vs. Sanchez
Jarred Brooks, SUB, R1
rd 1 Jarred Brooks takes Roberto Sanchez down to the ground and ends the fight with either a submission or ground & pound. I think it will be by submission. Jarred Brooks finally gets back on the win column.

Camacho vs. Neal
Geoffrey Neal, DEC
rd 1 - Geofrrey Neal might drop Frank Camacho with punches but I think he'll survive. Geoffrey takes this round rd 2 - geoffrey neal slightly outpoints Frank Camacho. However, Geoffrey's cardio is slowing down. rd 2 goes to Geoffrey. rd 3 - Geoffrey is tired and frank outworks him for the 3rd round. rd 3 goes to Frank. Result: Geoffrey Neal win by Unanimous Decision. 29-28, 29-28, and 30-27.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

09.03.2018 | 3:42 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1801st

Great breakdowns Down. I agree with just about everything, though as the fight draws close I think esparza is gonna decision Tatiana...I think she gets badly pieced up and possibly finished late. Suarez's striking really does suck balls, and  Esparza's TDD TDD is really underrated. I thought she beat Gadelha.

* Edited at 09.03.2018, 3:45 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 6 hours, and 29 minutes from now.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

09.03.2018 | 5:11 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 803rd

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

09.03.2018 | 5:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 1622nd

Aldana vs. Pudilová
Irene Aldana, DEC
Likely a stand up battle. I like Aldana to win with her better boxing and power. Very good chance it goes the distance, but don't be surprised if Aldana gets a TKO

Brooks vs. Sanchez
Roberto Sanchez, SUB, R2
Brooks will bring it on short notice. How long he can bring the pace without full training is the question? Wrestling may be a mistake with Sanchez. Eventually Sanchez gets into position to get a choke or arm. Pick is Sanchez by sub.

Camacho vs. Neal
Geoffrey Neal, TKO, R2
Neal is a solid 170lber. Camacho does not have a stellar record at 170. This is classic prospect vs vet matchup. Neal passes the test and wins by TKO

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

09.04.2018 | 4:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Stewart vs. Byrd
Charles Byrd, SUB, R3
this is Byrd's best opponent to date. Will he pass the test. I think he gets is done. but it will take longer then his usual 1 round. Stewart will pose a stiff challenge

skumbag
skumbag
  • Predictions:  489  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: -250

09.04.2018 | 9:52 PM ET

#UFC228 #MainEvent

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 73rd

3 Solid Main Event Plays 

"SEND ME LOCATION"

skumbag
skumbag
  • Predictions:  489  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: -250

09.04.2018 | 9:58 PM ET

Brand New Channel

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 73rd

I will have an upload every event with good insight.

Subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFEcZOaiQRZ__Lp8GmxdyIA

"SEND ME LOCATION"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.05.2018 | 1:18 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 900th

@******* shut the **** up *******. Go sell your picks to people who dont pick better then u. 
Everyone on here has a better pick percentage then u. Are u ******* ******** or what?

TrollingThunderKO
TrollingThunderKO
  • Predictions:  458  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  33
  • Post Score: 61

09.05.2018 | 3:39 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1350th

Magomedsharipov vs. Davis
Zabit Magomedsharipov, DEC
Yikes. I like that they are bringing Zabit along at a nice pace, but I honestly can't imagine Davis winning this.

Sanchez vs. White
Craig White, TKO, R2
I really don't want to watch Sanchez get starched full blast by Craig White.

Miller vs. White
Alex White, TKO, R2
The closest thing to a winnable fight Miller has had in a while.

Brooks vs. Sanchez
Jarred Brooks, SUB, R1
Curious to see how this plays out. I think Brooks is a great addition to FlyW, and I'd like to see both of these guys in a few more fights.

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

09.05.2018 | 2:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Esparza vs. Suarez
Tatiana Suarez, SUB, R3
The odds on Suarez are too high but I think she wins this fight. Pace and pressure leads to a late submission. It will not be an easy out.

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv

09.05.2018 | 3:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Montaño vs. Shevchenko
Valentina Shevchenko, TKO, R2
Bullet gets her title. She is the far superior fighter. It might not last long. I give Montano a little credit and say she makes it to the 2nd round but no futher

Price vs. Razak Alhassan
Niko Price, SUB, R2
I do not know why Price is the underdog here. Alhassan poses power but very little ground game. Price gets it to the ground and gets the choke.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Melissa Gatto fights Tamires Vidal at UFC Fight Night 241 after Hailey Cowan injured
  • MMA Mania : VanZant Stares Down Brooke Ahead Of Misfits Clash
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Mania : Officer ‘Bad Boy’ Reporting For Duty!
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Does the UFC hosting more events on the road mean APEX cards will soon end?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • UFC.com : Bogdan Guskov Wants To Establish Himself As A Contender
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas