Topic: UFC 228

UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,944
  • Post Score: 47

07.18.2018 | 3:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 228
  • Saturday 09.08.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: FX
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: American Airlines Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,714,556
  • Attendance: 14,073
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 130,000 | TV Ratings: 560,000 avg. viewers (FX prelims, 683k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tyron Woodley   defeats   Darren Till   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:19 Round 2 of 5, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zabit Magomedsharipov   defeats   Brandon Davis   via Submission, Kneebar   3:46 Round 2 of 3, 8:46 Total Bout Page
Jimmie Rivera   defeats   John Dodson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Carla Esparza   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 3 of 3, 14:33 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Cody Stamann   via Submission, Kneebar   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
Geoff Neal   defeats   Frank Camacho   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   1:23 Round 2 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Darren Stewart   defeats   Charles Byrd   via KO/TKO, Right Elbow   2:17 Round 2 of 3, 7:17 Total Bout Page
Diego Sanchez   defeats   Craig White   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Alex White   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Irene Aldana   defeats   Lucie Pudilová   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jarred Brooks   defeats   Roberto Sanchez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

Moorlady
Moorlady

08.11.2018 | 9:58 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1536th

Till is afraid to get hurt too, Maneceel96; it takes two to make a boring fight.

* Edited at 08.11.2018, 9:58 AM ET *

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.11.2018 | 1:10 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 99th

I can't wait to see how Zabit does.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Jacob Rawley
Jacob Rawley
  • Predictions:  1,034  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 145

08.18.2018 | 8:29 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1264th

Woodley vs. Till
Darren Till, TKO, R4
For some reason I have a feeling this fight will resemble the Nate Marquardt fight from strikeforce. Woodley likes the cage behind him and Till likes pushing people into the cage. Till's takedown defence is the deciding factor in my eyes.

"Everyone's second favourite grappling dummy"

YNOT
YNOT
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 259

08.19.2018 | 6:10 AM ET

Woodley Dangerfield

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1403rd

The last I recall Tyron Woodley defeated Robbie Lawler and with that Win he was also crowned The New UFC Welterweight Champion. He has defended his Championship and has come out successful in all his bouts yet for some reason Tyron Woodley is not getting the RESPECT he deserves. People seem to forget Woodley is the UFC Undisputed Welterweight Champion and in his last fight against Maia it was Maia who had to push the pace and be aggressive, and to fight the fight like it's the only time he would ever fight for a title and switch up his game plan. Maia did none of that and Woodley knew he didn't have to be aggressive because he is the Champion and his game plan was so simple. I just don't understand how Woodley became the Rodney Dangerfield of the UFC and gets no credit and NO RESPECT for his accomplishments. Don't get me wrong, Till is a good fighter, but Woodley is just a Beast in the Octagon and Till hasn't fought a fighter with the caliber technique that Woodley brings.

* Edited at 08.19.2018, 6:12 AM ET *

"It Is What It Is, Was What It Was ".

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

08.19.2018 | 11:00 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 430th

Woodley was 10-1 entering the UFC. Surprisingly his career started off with 5 straight submission wins (and he's had 0 since) with Rudy Bears being the only vaguely recognizable name (and the only 1 with a winning record) of the 5.

No problem, everyone needs to start their career somewhere. With the last 2 of his 1st rd sub wins being in the Strikeforce Challenger series, Woodley had 1 more in the series: a split decision over Nathan Coy. Coy has made it to the UFC but is only 1-2 after being 14-5. His record was 8-2 when he fought Tyron so between losing closely to Woodley and making it into the UFC he went 6-3. A middling fighter no matter how you look at it.

He finished his Strikeforce run with a 1st rd KO over Andre Galvao followed by decision wins over Saffiedine, Daley, and Mien before being KOed by Marquardt. So his finishing kick in Strikeforce was 1 1st rd finish and 4 pretty boring decisions with 2 of them being split.

Now the Marquardt loss was actually a really good fight.

His UFC record is 10-2-1 with 4 1st rd KOs, the Condit knee injury TKO, 5 boring decision wins, 2 boring decision losses and the draw with Thompson being the only good fight since the Marquardt fight.

Now he has learned to win those boring decisions after losing the 1st 2 in the UFC but he's still the King of "boring decision or 1st rd KO" fights, kind of like a mini-HW.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

08.19.2018 | 7:43 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 13th with 5 others

I like this card a lot. Plenty of meaningful fights. 
It'll be nice for Shevchenko to get the belt. She was always undersized at BW and did very well against Nunes in defeat. And we know Shevchenko will actively defend her belt. I realize there's no such thing as a lock in MMA but Shevchenko is as close as it gets. Simply cannot see her losing.

Rose will most likely defend against the Andrade/KK Winner. All signs point in that direction. And we'll also most likely see Suarez emerge into a Top 5 contender. I think she'll be way too much for Esparza. I think Suarez's wrestling is much, much better than Esparza's. 

And Zabit will be fighting injury free, unlike his last bout against Crash Bochniak. I see Zabit getting the finish here and picking up his 4th consecutive Post Fight Bonus. Zabit vs Renato Moicano next please.

TV prelims are stacked Aljo/Stamann and Rivera/Dodson could easily be PPV fights. Both fights should be competitive.

Miller and Diego on FightPass and the UFC giving them both favorable matchups but I think they both lose. Miller has a better chance of beating Alex White than Diego has of beating Craig White. Craig won't be cutting 25 lbs in 2 weeks like he had to against Magney. Craig White is actually much better than that 14-8 record shows. His only 3 L's in the last 5 years were against Magney, Oskar Piechota and Mike Shipman and Shipman could easily be on the UFC's roster imo. He's a stud.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

08.19.2018 | 8:28 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 900th

The ****en dentist cost me a 1200 dollar parley his last fight in england. 
I bet against him and he was the final leg in a four fight parlay all underdogs
Except the guy i chose against him who was a fav. ****en dentist!
@maneceel the prices are ******h stupid these days no doubt.
Jsalz21
Jsalz21
  • Predictions:  1,630  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 224

08.22.2018 | 3:02 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1668th

Agreed, but I've had a hunch that Price is THE prospect for WW for awhile now. If he doesn't brawl with Abdul i bet he takes him out.
TrollingThunderKO
TrollingThunderKO
  • Predictions:  458  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  33
  • Post Score: 61

08.26.2018 | 6:28 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1350th

Woodley vs. Till
Tyron Woodley, DEC
Assuming this will be Till's last fight at WW, win or lose. Woodley has a huge advantage in speed, but I'd imagine his takedowns won't net him much against Till. This fight could go any which way, but I'd expect Woodley to thoroughly out point Till unless Till shows more urgency than his last fight.

Andrade vs. Kowalkiewicz
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
I doubt KK can out rhythm Andrade while getting relentlessly hunted down.

Esparza vs. Suarez
Carla Esparza, DEC
I guess people didn't see Esparza hold her own against Gadelha, hm.

Sterling vs. Stamann
Cody Stamann, TKO, R2
Great matchmaking, not sure how Stamann is ranked 11 considering he beat up Caraway. Should be a great fight, maybe a bit of a grind...

Stewart vs. Byrd
Charles Byrd, SUB, R1
"Let's see how Stewart does vs a grappler. OK a striker... oh. OK another grappler, oh! How about... Another grappler!"

Price vs. Razak Alhassan
Niko Price, TKO, R2
Amazing. Definitely a standout for fight of the night

Rivera vs. Dodson
Jimmie Rivera, DEC
Fast Dodson wins this fight. Slow Dodson loses this fight. Potentially a great fight, but possibly a war of short punches and patient strategy playing out over 3 rounds.

U8it
U8it
  • Predictions:  242  |  54.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -86

08.26.2018 | 9:36 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 1932nd

So whos your picks my guy?

"I Was Dead The Day I Was Born."

U8it
U8it
  • Predictions:  242  |  54.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -86

08.26.2018 | 9:56 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 1932nd

• Tyron Woodley vs. Darren Till 

TOUGH FIGHT. WOODLEY SHOULd win but i think he will lose via left elbow followed up with a vicious right hand. Sorry Woodley. So darren till via tko 3rd

• Nicco Montaño vs. Valentina Shevchenko 

TOUGH FIGHT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SHEVCHENKO WIN VIA STOPPAGE IN THE 4TH. I JUST THINK SHE'S THE MORE EXPERIENCED.

• Jéssica Andrade vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz 

KOWALKIEWICZ VIA DECISION. SIMILAR TO JJ WIN OVER ANDRADE

• Carla Esparza vs. Tatiana Suarez 

SUAREZ SUBS HER WITHIN THE 1ST OR 2ND MOST LIKELY THE 2ND

• Aljamain Sterling vs. Cody Stamann 

STAMANN EZ WIN 3RD ROUND TKO

• Darren Stewart vs. Charles Byrd 

STEWART WIN VIA KO LATE 1ST ROUND.

• Niko Price vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
  •  
TOUGH FIGHT TO CALL 50.50 BUT I WOULD SAY NIKO SHOULD WIN, BUT 1 MISTAKE AND ALHASSAN WINS.

• Jimmie Rivera vs. John Dodson 

DODSON GETS THE FINISH SIMILAR TO THE COMBO HE HIT DILLASHAW WITH PROBABLY 2ND ROUND

• Diego Sanchez vs. Craig White 

WHITE WILL KO HIM IN THE 1ST SAD TO SEE

• Jim Miller vs. Alex White 

WHITE WILL GET THE STOPPAGE 1ST ROUND

• Irene Aldana vs. Lucie Pudilová

MY GIRL PUDILOVÁ WILL WIN BY TKO LATE 2ND OR 3RD ROUND

• Ryan Benoit vs. Roberto Sanchez 

SANCHEZ BY SUB BY THE 2ND 

• Frank Camacho vs. Geoffrey Neal 

Just see neal getting the tko by round 2 or 3 

* Edited at 08.26.2018, 10:45 AM ET *

"I Was Dead The Day I Was Born."

MarioSuperSmash
MarioSuperSmash
  • Predictions:  2,221  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  326
  • Post Score: 38

08.27.2018 | 12:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1433rd

Esparza vs. Suarez
Carla Esparza, DEC
I guess people didn't see Esparza hold her own against Gadelha, hm.

I guess you missed the part where Gadelha fought Esparza with a wrecked knee?

"Eat Sleep Gamble on fights 👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿"

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

08.27.2018 | 12:54 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 385 Points   |   1518th Place

I know MMA math is trash but Imo Wonderboy beat Till. Although a close fight. That being said I feel Woodley defeated wonderboy rather clearly both times. The only advantage for Till here is his size imo. I think Tyron will beat Till in every facet of this fight. I'm also biased as I dislike Till as a person. 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

08.27.2018 | 5:50 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1350th

Woodley cries racism and makes excuses. Till tells it how it is. 

People flock to convenient lies and repel inconvenient truths all the time. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 20 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

08.28.2018 | 12:01 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 900th

Man just seen footage of till training. He looks really ****en good really dangerous.
Everyone who thinks its gonna b a boring fight will b sadly mistaken.
Time will tell.
Seoul
Seoul
  • Predictions:  2,099  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 0

08.28.2018 | 12:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 803rd

Benoit vs. Sanchez
Ryan Benoit, DEC
The

reluded
reluded
  • Predictions:  4,020  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 557

08.28.2018 | 7:40 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1169th

You guys are delusional, Woodley is one of the most overrated champions in the WW division...
People complain about Till getting title shot without deserving it, but remember how Woodley got his shot against fading Lawler? With just 2 win streak against Dong "WHO?!" Kim and close fight against Gastelum who got hospitalized hours before the fight.
After his only last good performance(the Lawler KO) Woodley had 2 fights with WB where nothing happened except for the knockdowns, and one snooze fest against Maia.
"Woodley has wrestling bla bla bla"... well, tell me when was the last time where Woodley used wrestling to win a fight? If you believe he'll do it against Till, just wait and see.
You judge Till over the WB fight? Don't try to do mma math. Watch the Rory fight, it would look worse for Woodley.
He has horrible cardio, he paces himself and fights in bursts to save energy.
Till is superb striker, agressive with great timing and great distance control, he LOVES to push opponents against the cage, and Woodley closes himself against the cage in EVERY fight, because he has soooo much faith in his overhand. But just wait and see what happens when he can't catch the better striker with that overhand right.

Till is going to finish him.

* Edited at 08.28.2018, 7:48 AM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

08.28.2018 | 8:11 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1801st

@Bruce til is a *******, but he's not a patch on Woodley, the worst WW Champion in the history of MMA.

It will make my ******* year if Till punches his head over the moon and I reckon he's got a good shot at getting it done.

* Edited at 08.28.2018, 8:12 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 5 days, 7 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.28.2018 | 10:59 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 99th

This will be an interesting fight no matter who wins.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

08.28.2018 | 6:46 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 735 Points   |   Tied for 21st with 1 other

Magomedsharipov vs. Davis
Zabit Magomedsharipov, SUB, R1
Davis accepts the short-notice call up.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Stephen Thompson agrees that Michael Page 'could possibly be a very boring fight'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 8 in the works with dates mapped out
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — How Do We Rate UFC Vegas 91?
  • MMA Mania : Usman: Dunking Dana ‘10-7’d The Media’ At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : Iranian MMA Fighter Attacked By Russian Crowd For Kicking Ring Girl, Hitting Opponent With Cheap Shots After Losing
  • Bad Left Hook : Tim Tszyu vs Vergil Ortiz Jr planned for Crawford-Madrimov undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Macy Chiasson added to UFC 303 for International Fight Week
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch famous Hollywood artist grade best and worst of MMA posters
  • UFC.com : The Flyweight Title Picture Comes Into Focus For The Next Month
  • MMA Junkie : Video: MMA fighter DQ'd after projectile vomiting blue liquid in the cage
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Explains Why Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Should Be A 165-Pound Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : Matchroom wins Ennis vs Crowley purse bid, targets July in Philadelphia
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown lambastes referee ‘clearly’ favoring Devin Haney over Ryan Garcia: ‘You should be fined for that one motherf*****’
  • MMA Junkie : Why Michael Chandler believes he could 'absolutely outclass' Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Fight Motion! UFC Slows Down Its ‘300’ Highlights
  • Bad Left Hook : Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo in the works for Aug. 10