Topic: UFC 228

UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,815
  • Post Score: 47

07.18.2018 | 3:32 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 228
  • Saturday 09.08.2018 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: FX
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: American Airlines Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,714,556
  • Attendance: 14,073
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 130,000 | TV Ratings: 560,000 avg. viewers (FX prelims, 683k peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tyron Woodley   defeats   Darren Till   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:19 Round 2 of 5, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Karolina Kowalkiewicz   via KO/TKO, Punch   1:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zabit Magomedsharipov   defeats   Brandon Davis   via Submission, Kneebar   3:46 Round 2 of 3, 8:46 Total Bout Page
Jimmie Rivera   defeats   John Dodson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:43 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Carla Esparza   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 3 of 3, 14:33 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Cody Stamann   via Submission, Kneebar   3:42 Round 2 of 3, 8:42 Total Bout Page
Geoff Neal   defeats   Frank Camacho   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   1:23 Round 2 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Darren Stewart   defeats   Charles Byrd   via KO/TKO, Right Elbow   2:17 Round 2 of 3, 7:17 Total Bout Page
Diego Sanchez   defeats   Craig White   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Alex White   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Irene Aldana   defeats   Lucie Pudilová   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jarred Brooks   defeats   Roberto Sanchez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 16

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

09.09.2018 | 11:41 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 803rd

Amazing Miller can fight at all with Lyme disease. 
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

09.09.2018 | 1:50 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 430th

So I left the house after the Stewart comeback to go watch with others and got there to see the result and replay of the finish of the Sterling fight. Nice finish but what a ****. They told me about the Neal finish and I saw a Twitter GIF but when I watched the replay this morning; Holy ****! Neal was absolutely robbed of a bonus check. 

Suarez will be the betting favorite in her next fight no matter the opponent. Best performance of the night.

Terrible decision-making by Price. Pretty KO combo.

Is it wrong of me to want to see Zabit vs. Aljamain since they both used the Suloev stretch? 

I think Rose can sub Andrade but Andrade will be the favorite and understandably so.

I just wasn't as impressed by Woodley's performance as everyone else. It was his best performance no doubt but it still came in a very defensively safe way that leaves me with more questions than it answers. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

09.09.2018 | 2:11 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 385 Points   |   1518th Place

Zabit vs Aljamain would be fun, however i see Rose being able to beat Andrade and Suarez although Suarez offers a much more interesting fight imo. 
That being said Woodley dominated every facet of the fight, Till was still very much aware after the knockdown yet Tyrons pressure from postured up full guard was immense enough to pound Till almost into oblivion before mercifully sinking in a beautiful darce all the while earning his blackbelt after the fact he dropped a bigger supposedly better striker. This fight was exactly what Woodley needed and imo a very impressive performance.

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

Itz Scoop
Itz Scoop
  • Predictions:  3,082  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  201
  • Post Score: 380

09.10.2018 | 1:49 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 604th

Gotta say I ate my words with this one. I really thought Till was gonna take the belt but man woodley just mauled him. Never have really liked woodley much but I can say I'm not gonna doubt or pick against the guy against anyone in the Welterweight division any time soon. This might have been his best performance yet! Goodluck Colby Covington. 

"Bodyworks"

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,156  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

09.10.2018 | 4:48 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 81st

Gotta say, I was really happy with the womens fights.  All 3 were worth watching and deserved a place on this card.  I hope we get more of that in future.

I'm loving tipping against fighters I think are bad (Luke Sanders, Cody Stamann) and hope to continue my good run next week when I fade Johnson who I think is bad.

A little sad that the Darren Till game is over, but we get Woodley back where he needs to be, so good result.

Sanchez looked good in losing, Neal looks legit AF, Charles Byrd let me down but looked great for 7 minutes (hats of to the dentist). Andrade and Suarez put a stamp on things. Zabit took his time like always, that guy is never in a rush. Alhassan looked way too good for Price, just brutal.

Jim Miller looked full beast.  Can't belive I'm excited to see him fight again.  Yay for Diego.

And the fight of the night went to an excellent scrap as put on by Irene and Lucie.  What a happy surprise that was.  

Now that that is out of the way, does anybody have any idea what is going to happen this weekend?

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.11.2018 | 12:15 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 900th

I secound the motion for more womens fights!!!
Moorlady
Moorlady

09.11.2018 | 9:32 AM ET

Till Wasn't Ready To Grapple; The UFC Promoted Him Too Quickly

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1536th

Does anyone else think the main result pointed up Till's grappling inexperience, and the UFC's failure, yet again, to develop a star properly?  Till was done a disservice by his "meteoric rise," built of handpicked strikers.  He said he didn't even feel Woodley threatening the choke.  Feel it?  On the ground, with a brown belt, he should have expected it.

Shame on the UFC for developing a young under-dimensionally talented fighter too quickly.

The silver lining is that we got to see more of the champion's diverse toolkit in his masterful handling of Till.                                                                                                          
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.11.2018 | 1:45 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 900th

Ufc is constantly doing that. I remeber dana white talking up ronda rousey like she was the greatest ever and could beat up guys. After the holm fight he was proud of his and the announcers propoganda because nobody realized holly holm would smoke her. Bet dana white bet big on holm for that one. Ufc equals one hype train after another and very few live up to the hype.

Page 16

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career