Topic: UFC 268

UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,019
  • Post Score: 47

07.26.2021 | 5:24 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 268
  • Saturday 11.06.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Madison Square Garden
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $9,903,557
  • Attendance: 20,715
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 700,000 | TV Ratings:
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Kamaru Usman   defeats   Colby Covington   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Rose Namajunas   defeats   Weili Zhang   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Marlon Vera   defeats   Frankie Edgar   via KO/TKO, Front Kick   3:50 Round 3 of 3, 13:50 Total Bout Page
Shane Burgos   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Justin Gaethje   defeats   Michael Chandler   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Pereira   defeats   Andreas Michailidis   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   0:18 Round 2 of 3, 5:18 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Al Iaquinta   via KO/TKO, Jab-cross to Ground Strikes   2:25 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chris Curtis   defeats   Phil Hawes   via KO/TKO, Counter Left   4:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nassourdine Imavov   defeats   Edmen Shahbazyan   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Crucifix   4:42 Round 2 of 3, 9:42 Total Bout Page
Ian Machado Garry   defeats   Jordan Williams   via KO/TKO, Counter Right   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chris Barnett   defeats   Gian Villante   via KO/TKO, Wheel Kick to Ground Strikes   2:23 Round 2 of 3, 7:23 Total Bout Page
Dustin Jacoby   defeats   John Allan   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Melsik Baghdasaryan   defeats   Bruno Souza   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ode Osbourne   defeats   CJ Vergara   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 18

Cassadina
Cassadina
  • Predictions:  4,182  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 247

11.04.2021 | 5:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 3169th

Usman vs. Covington II
Colby Covington, DEC
I expect Usman to win but I want Wittman to go 0-3 so fk it, gonna pick Chaos

"Shut Up"-Weili Zhang

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

11.04.2021 | 6:19 PM ET

FACE THE PAIN

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 730 Points   |   Tied for 394th

THE BEST PART OF ANY PPV WEEK IS ABOUT TO GO LIVE!!!

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Feelingrain
Feelingrain
  • Predictions:  304  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 317

11.04.2021 | 6:31 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 2431st

surprised at the odds for gaethje and chandler

chandler to finish 4.3?
and chandler to win in r1 is 7.5? 

i think the dog pick here is value. and i think chandler can most likely pull the upset

gaethje fans would love to tell you he's had a complete change in his fighting style and is now a "technical striker", i would argue he hasnt really changed that much. he's a brawler, and when hes pressured thats what he will do. against cowboy and ferguson, he didnt have any credible threat coming his way and he could stick and move as he pleased

however, whenever he gets pressured (as we saw in the alvarez, poirier and khabib fight) he swings for the fences with wild hooks. dont think i saw a single straight right from him against khabib. a brawler is the perfect storm for chandler, he just needs one shot in round 1. the overhand right, to land onto gaethje and he WILL be finished if it lands

re: the leg kicks, gaethje will throw leg kicks, but he doesnt throw them at distance or use them off pivots. he throws them at close range which is a great entry for a takedown or a counter straight, both of which he has been exposed by poirier and khabib. 

finally, both guys have shot chins - i would agree chandler has the more vulnerable one, but we all need to remember gaethje has been hurt in every fight where he was against a puncher-wrestler (alvarez, johnson, poirier) and its safe to say chandler has more power than all of those three fighters.

so all in all, chandler can stop gaejthe, imo its more than likely. the line is too wide for the power/speed and backpocket wrestling chandler presents (at least in r1)

personal opinion,
R1 Chandler to win, bet the house, and get 7 houses

more reasonable bets; 1. live bet gaethje, R2 1min in, 2. bet under 1.5

"I know kung fu"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

11.04.2021 | 6:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 1310th

Michailidis vs. Pereira
Alex Pereira, DEC
So interesting to see how Pereira does in his debut, it's not an easy fight for him, Andreas has the ability to mix it up by going for takedowns but I don't think he's good enough of a wrestler to take Pereira down who has been working on his TDD. Andreas will not get away with throwing wild hooks like he did last time out otherwise he's going to get finished, I actually don't see a finish in this fight, Andreas is a pretty smart fighter himself he's not gonna put himself in a ton of danger but I do think Pereira will kick him on the outside and land his hands

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

11.04.2021 | 6:52 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 2477th

First upvote for FACE THE PAIN!!!!

* Edited at 11.04.2021, 6:53 PM ET *

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

11.04.2021 | 6:55 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1448th

Covington was brilliant at the presser!  Telling John to get his "flabby ass" to do pushups and roasting all the other media members trying to bait/roast him. Those dudes are jokes, ask your questions and get on, stop trying to roast a fighter because you disagree with them; pink suit man took the L this time.

Then getting Usman so pissed off dude shoved him, also telling Gaethje he had no brain cells left. You might not agree with him or like him but if you think man isn't just funny and outlandish than you are a HATER!

* Edited at 11.04.2021, 7:18 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

11.04.2021 | 7:33 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 2553rd

I thought Usman dressing up in a suit designed after his nan's underwear was going to be the worst outfit there, but even Colby stole that moment from him. Wish every presser was as hilarious as that. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

11.04.2021 | 7:39 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 4336th

Usman vs. Covington II
Colby Covington, DEC
I dont like colby but I think hes got something more this time. After seeing kamaru at the presser I think mentally theres just something different. Who knows, maybe double knockout.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

NameUser
NameUser
  • Predictions:  849  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  365
  • Post Score: 149

11.04.2021 | 7:47 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 730 Points   |   Tied for 394th

MY PICKS:

C.J. Vergara - Decision

M. Baghdasaryan - TKO or could go to a Decision📌

D. Jacoby - Most likely a TKO📌

C. Barnett - 50/50 pickem for me, I guess a Decision

Ian Garry - Most likely a TKO📌

N. Imavov - 50/50, I have no clue... Decision?

P. Hawes - I have no clue. Seen Curtis get outwrestled by Magomed. I'd guess the same is gonna happen this time also. So most likely a Decision.📌

B. Green - Decision

A. Pereira - Could be a TKO📌

J. Gaethje - TKO but could very likely be a Decision. Not betting cuz Chandler can catch you with one punch like in the Oliveira fight, but then again, he got caught himself. If I were to bet I would go Gaethje because Chandler said Gaethje is his scariest opponent (something like that) and I just can't bet on someone who says such things.

S. Burghos - No clue... Decision?

M. Vera - No clue... Decision?

R. Namajunas - 50/50 fight. Rose got lucky the first time and caught her beautifully. Weili was supposed to run through her. I'm gonna go with the recency bias and pick Thug Rose. Another TKO?

K. Usman - Covington is a walking goof ball and a troll but he is good. Definitely poses a threat to Usman but Usman is too good to lose at this time period.📌

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

📌 is what I'm betting on or have in a parlay.

Also, there are no locks. Always have to remember this is MMA, upsets happen all the time. So many people scream lock this, lock that, bet your house on it, then the "lock" is either a huge letdown, isn't good enough or gets robbed. All fights have a 50/50 outcome, one loses, one wins. Yeah you can bring up the math and tell me that this guy has a certain percentage possibility of winning, because of certain odds, or this guy has the possibility to win because his odds are 1.30 so his winning chance is 70%, but that's all ********

This user is suspended from posting until 3 weeks, 5 days, and 51 minutes from now.
dilmcc888
dilmcc888
  • Predictions:  2,775  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 44

11.04.2021 | 7:53 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 4100th

Usman vs. Covington II
Colby Covington, DEC
Marty Fakenewsman won't have help from the punk Mark Goddard this time; he's dead.

Namajunas vs. Zhang II
Weili Zhang, DEC
New york, New York = 222...riding with the 222

Burgos vs. Quarantillo
Billy Quarantillo, TKO, R2
Billy Q +170 going for 17th win, last win came on the 17th....Q=17 let's run it.

Gaethje vs. Chandler
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R2
Round 2 ko, the 2s playing heavy in this one.

Iaquinta vs. Green
Al Iaquinta, DEC
Bobby Green loses his 31st fight, gets loss 13, on the 310th day of the yr.

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

11.04.2021 | 8:32 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 338th

Hearing Marty get booed and heckled anytime he speaks will never get old to me

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,786  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

11.04.2021 | 8:37 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 2933rd

no doubt colby won the fashion show, you cant deny a guy who dresses like a box of crayons. usman looked like...i dont know what but it wasnt very impressive.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

DriedSpicySquid
DriedSpicySquid
  • Predictions:  385  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 114

11.05.2021 | 2:58 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 2250th

Usman vs. Covington II
Kamaru Usman, TKO, R4
CEO of EPO. Colby is still live. Still too close to call. Colby has been training for this rematch since he lost.

Namajunas vs. Zhang II
Rose Namajunas, SUB, R4
Early wrestling from Zhang is going to be the x-factor in this fight. But Rose is crafty off her back. Can Zhang keep her cardio when mixing in wrestling/grappling? We've seen her go 5 rounds with Joanna..but that was a stand up war.

Edgar vs. Vera
Marlon Vera, TKO, R2
Leg kicks galore.

Burgos vs. Quarantillo
Shane Burgos, TKO, R1
If Burgos isn't protecting his chin and keeping it tucked this fight..I will jump off the fanwagon and fade him for the rest of his career. He has the cardio+reach+better hands.

Gaethje vs. Chandler
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R2
If chandler initiates scrambles I can see him winning. His fluidity displayed on the ground is something not to be slept on. Maybe by Dec not by ko. I doubt he will pressure and intimidate Gaethje like Khabib did. Gaethje was breathing heavy after the first rd vs Khabib.

Michailidis vs. Pereira
Alex Pereira, TKO, R1
Ko's him in the clinch after stuffing takedown attempts?

Iaquinta vs. Green
Bobby Green, DEC
Bobby Green's momentum is too strong to fade him. Al probably has success first half of the fight with wrestling and fades the 2nd half.

Hawes vs. Curtis
Phil Hawes, TKO, R1
Someone getting slept. Does not complete rd 1.

Shahbazyan vs. Imavov
Edmen Shahbazyan, TKO, R2
Golden boy better not golden shower on my prediction.

Williams vs. Garry
Ian Garry, TKO, R1
Williams is so-so. Ref will step in and wave it off.

Villante vs. Barnett
Gian Villante, DEC
Villante all day.

Jacoby vs. Allan
Dustin Jacoby, TKO, R2
Jacoby gets a finish here.

Baghdasaryan vs. Souza
Melsik Baghdasaryan, TKO, R2
Souza can't get it to the ground and gets ko'd?

Vergara vs. Osbourne
C.J. Vergara, TKO, R2
Going with the dog here because Osbourne ****** my parlay up his last fight.

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

11.05.2021 | 4:02 AM ET

I really want Alex to lose

Predictions: 2 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 4502nd

I got nothing against Alex, just his fanbase. There’s this one **** monkey on YouTube who keeps sucking off Alex at every single opportunity, if there’s so much as a mention of him on an MMA video you’ll find him saying **** like “hE MiGht aS WeLL gET A tItLE ShOT bY nOW” or “hE KnOCkEd oUT IzzY hES aLReady tHE GoAt” and various other verbal diarrhea. I think Alex will have a respectable career but so many of these guys are blowing his expectations out of proportions because of his kickboxing credentials, like that’s all you need to dominate MMA. I mean, of course! pro kickboxers always transition well into MMA! Just look at Gohkan Saki! Or Dave Leduc! Or Pat Barry! Yep, all of them undefeated three division champions. 

I do expect Alex to win this fight at least but goddamnit it would be so ******* funny if the world class kickboxer got KO’d by some Greek guy. I will literally cum from the sheer satisfaction that would bring just so I can troll his fanboys on Twitter for a week and a half. In fact, **** it, Alex is ******.

Greek Guy via R1 KO
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

11.05.2021 | 4:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 2730th

Edgar vs. Vera
Frankie Edgar, DEC
I find it weird how people the majority of people are picking Vera by decision, I can't see that happening,Vera only path to victory is Ko, I think Frankie will either win this fight, Or be winning the fight till he doesn't, Vera wresling ain't on Frankie level, Vera got held down by the great Jose Aldo for a round, My only knack with Frankie Edgar is his chin, He could get slept pretty bad, **** it I pick Frankie to wrestle for 15 minute as I think he's wresling is on another level, But I sweet that pick because I think they a real solid chance he get decked by a huge shot, Chito finshes most his wins and Frankie got KO'd in 3 out of his last 6

Burgos vs. Quarantillo
Billy Quarantillo, TKO, R2
I think Shane Burgos might be taking this fight too soon, I don't know if you can be taking the damage he took against Edson Barbossa and Josh Emmett and be the same, A part of me hope he does what Gaethje did or he be braindead at 35, CTE is a problem. I wouldn't be shock if Billy just sleeps him, But I think the volume will be too much, Billy is one relentless ************ and Burgos took way too much damage

Iaquinta vs. Green
Al Iaquinta, DEC
Is it ******** to put money on Al Iaquinta by decsion, Bobby Green can't beat anyone good because judges hate him ,Anyone ok or better he fight,He in a close decsion where he should of won, , I think Al is good enough to win a "total legit "split decsion in New York. Is it stupid

- Real question, What Bobby Green best win in the last 6 years? Lando Vanita?

Williams vs. Garry
Ian Garry, TKO, R2
Ian Garry look like a bigger version of Tieoken, But for real, He look real good on Cage Warrer with well rounded skill on the feet and ground, Can't pick a guy who got knockout by Mikey Gall

Vergara vs. Osbourne
Ode Osbourne, TKO, R2
Hard fight, Wasn't impress with Vergara performance on Contender if I was thinking of the right guy, But Osborn is 9-4 but I like what I see from him, I might take Osborn here

* Edited at 11.05.2021, 4:22 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Pineapple Express
Pineapple Express
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 57

11.05.2021 | 5:31 AM ET

Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. Bruno Souza

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1416th

Кто-то сказал мяу, кто-то сказал жекпе-жек. Яхши! Яхши! Как говорил мой дед: "Gefickt Kröte viper". Есть сомнения? Нога у виска, рви когти, сынок. Ты по адресу, кружок кожевенного ремесла точно на этом блоке.

Melsik Baghdasaryan, KO, r1

"I'm not your mommy or your daddy, son"

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,379  |  71.4%
  • Forum Posts:  792
  • Post Score: 97

11.05.2021 | 6:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 635 Points   |   Tied for 1534th

Iaquinta vs. Green
Al Iaquinta, DEC
Roberry

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,871
  • Post Score: 115

11.05.2021 | 7:18 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 4013th

I wouldn’t necessarily say Colby’s in Usman’s head based on that shove, in all of Usman’s recent interviews he’s been more money driven so I believe that was just to sale the fight more. Usman has heard worse slander from anti-fans & has a strong sense in blocking out that kind of stuff, I don’t believe he’s truly bothered one bit

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

11.05.2021 | 7:35 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 730 Points   |   Tied for 428th

Usman's reaction to steroid accusations was to accuse Colby of being in the closet ha. Still perplexed how USADA hasn't caught that man yet. 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  726  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

11.05.2021 | 7:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 1025th

Shahbazyan vs. Imavov
Nassourdine Imavov, TKO, R3
1 round by Edmen, then he alwas tired. Imavov is a dangerous guy, with very heavy punches

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

Page 18

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!