Topic: UFC 251

UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,124
  • Post Score: 47

03.01.2020 | 8:05 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 251
  • Saturday 07.11.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Fight Island
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 1,300,000 | TV Ratings: 1M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims, 1.3M peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Kamaru Usman   defeats   Jorge Masvidal   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Max Holloway   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   José Aldo   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:24 Round 5 of 5, 23:24 Total Bout Page
Rose Namajunas   defeats   Jéssica Andrade   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Paige VanZant   via Submission, Armbar   2:21 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   0:49 Round 2 of 3, 5:49 Total Bout Page
Muslim Salikhov   defeats   Elizeu Zaleski   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Makwan Amirkhani   defeats   Danny Henry   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   3:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Leonardo Santos   defeats   Roman Bogatov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marcin Tybura   defeats   Maxim Grishin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raulian Paiva   defeats   Zhalgas Zhumagulov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Karol Rosa   defeats   Vanessa Melo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Davey Grant   defeats   Martin Day   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   2:38 Round 3 of 3, 12:38 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 20

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.09.2020 | 12:43 AM ET

She was hot with hair

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 255 Points   |   Tied for 3640th

I bet she ends up murdering her husband and getting locked up in a mental institution
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

07.09.2020 | 1:28 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 2088th

Mike Perry is so stupid and that why is so funny but u can't fell bad for that guy either because he trying to start **** also

* Edited at 07.09.2020, 4:20 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

hom3r95
hom3r95
  • Predictions:  253  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 120

07.09.2020 | 1:55 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 706th

Usman vs. Masvidal
Kamaru Usman, DEC
Should be an easy pick. Usman is a bigger man than Masvidal. Masvidal will have the striking advantage but I doubt Usman tries to find out and just get Jorge against the cage and drags him around. Usman has taken Colby's punches so the glass chin possibility isnt there. I believe Usman will do his best to play it safe, win the fight and avoid any kind of stand up like DC did with Silva.

Volkanovski vs. Holloway II
Alexander Volkanovski, DEC
Volkan has Max's number. He knows exaclty what Max will think to adjust to beat Alex. Alex is high level. He defends strikes very well and his combos have been really good in his career. Kick and strike combos is what beat Holloway and I believe Holloway did train for this fight and w/ Alex not buyin the zoom training claim, I see him expecting an even better Holloway and will solidify his position as featherweight champ.

Yan vs. Aldo
Petr Yan, TKO, R3
As good as Aldo looked his last fight he was exposed recently by Volkanovski. With such a patient, strong boxer in Yan he will wait after 1st round to really peice Aldo up. No way Aldo ko's him with body shot... ok well maybe but I highly doubt it. Yan has good striking defense and usually is outstiking his opponents even if hes throwing low volume at times. Yan is the new age and he wont slip on the biggest fight of his life as of now.

Andrade vs. Namajunas II
Rose Namajunas, TKO, R2
Rose is looking sharp and well coming into this fight. With only a 3 round fight I dont see many chances for Jessica to tie Rose up and dump her. Thats her only way to victory and I highly doubt she makes it happen. Rose by a dominant performance and late 2nd round stoppage.

VanZant vs. Ribas
Amanda Ribas, SUB, R2
Vanzant not very active and easy to take down. Shes been working with Ricky Simon and her husband but will it be enough to withstand a power bomb in Ribas? Not a chance. She was getting dominated by Rachel the whole fight until she reversed positions and got the arm bar, not bad but shes fighting a chick that took down Mackenzie Dern multiple bjj world champion (ive rolled with Dern and shes a beast for sure) Ribas by submission in the 2nd

Oezdemir vs. Procházka
Volkan Oezdemir, TKO, R2
Jiri's last 5 fights have been against guys way over the hill and did not look anything like UFC material. He was taken down and controlled by a crappy fighter in Halsey. He then got some ko's on Fabio Maldonado, Dolloway, Heun and they were all scared to fight back or trying to defend when they got clipped. Made Jiri look really good but I think he's about to get a wake up call with Volkan. Volkan is fighting the best light heavy weights in the world. Rakic couldnt ko him in the first round and wouldnt hang in the pocket too much to avoid Volkan's power. Id say Jiri has a chance here with his reach but this is too much of a leap into competition and I see a massacre for this prelim headliner.

Zaleski vs. Salikhov
Elizeu Zaleski, SUB, R3
Zaleski is wild and so is Muslim. I have the fighter with the grappling advantage but this may go to a decision the other way.

Amirkhani vs. Henry
Makwan Amirkhani, SUB, R2
Danny Henry can get taken down and out grappled. Saw that against Igeu Kabesa where Danny was getting dominated until he got a darce choke. That wont happen against high level grappling coming from Makwan. I see Makwan not making the mistake of going so hard for the finish to where he gases out. I saw hes been working a lot of strength and conditioning. Could be an easy pick but all fighters have to do to beat Makwan is weight until the second half of the fight.

Santos vs. Bogatov
Leonardo Santos, SUB, R1
Roman throws wild punches and desperately goes for takedowns. If he were more secure with positions and didnt scramble so much Id have a hard time making a pick but in some fights he was getting reversed and mounted. No way is he pulling that **** on Santos. I dont care if Santos was 50 Id still bet on him. LOCK BOYZ

Tybura vs. Grishin
Marcin Tybura, DEC
UFC caliber fighter vs. new guy thats fighting at a way higher weight than hes used to. Easy pick

Zhumagulov vs. Paiva
Raulian Paiva, DEC
Zhalgas has some slick boxing, stays against cage and fights well off of there. Fights consistently and more of a boxing fighter. As for Raulian he poses a huge threat with his counter striking and reach advantage. We saw what he could do to Mark De La Rosa and looked good against Bontorin before his face got diced up. I had Raulian winning against Kai Kara. With no home advantage I see Raulian piecing up Zhalgas with kicks and 1-2 counter striking.

Melo vs. Rosa
Karol Rosa, DEC
Vannesa stalks her opponents. Aldana was able to outstrike her and so did Cortez though Cortez decided to keep the majortiy of the second half of the fight on the feet. In other words Vanessa Sucks and Rosa is a really good scrapper with fast counter striking and calf kicks. LOCK CITY ON ROSA

Day vs. Grant
Martin Day, DEC
I see Martin expecting another fight where his opponent is going to go for the takedown. Him expecting that and in the big cage only leave to believe he will dodge old man grant and out point him avoid the cage or takedowns. Day says he can beat Davey Grant on the feet and ground but I doubt it if it his the ground. I see a decision here boys.

Geezer
Geezer
  • Predictions:  4,991  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 343

07.09.2020 | 3:22 AM ET

PVZ

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 730 Points   |   Tied for 291st

PVZ gets submitted in 2nd, doesn't get a decent contract, so starts a fans only on IG
Afonso196
Afonso196
  • Predictions:  172  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 414

07.09.2020 | 7:50 AM ET

Mike Perry

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1538th

He is so mentally unstable, he thinks the world is against him and thinks everyone hates on him.
If you go and read some of his tweets their are so cold hearted and flat out disgusting. He is basically at war with everyone except his girlfriend.
He keeps on saying that he loves his girl (Latory Gonzalez) and it’s the only thing he cares about because he thinks no one is on his side except for her, but in this video he is already badmouthing his girlfriend and screaming at her.
Well I guess we know why it didn’t work out with his former wife platinum princess.

These types of atitudes make people think our sport is terrible and is full of thugs.

* Edited at 07.09.2020, 10:30 AM ET *

"The fight game is life!"

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,820  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

07.09.2020 | 8:11 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3334th

mike perry will end up like war machine, broke and in prison. this ***** is taking him for a ride.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,579  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,342
  • Post Score: 169

07.09.2020 | 8:17 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2222nd

@Afonso196

I agree with you and that's why I want people to watch ONE championship.  Their fighters understand that they're seen as role models.  I don't understand why the UFC gives *******s like Conor McGregor and Colby Covington the spotlight when fighters like Demetrious Johnson, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Georges St-Piere should've been seen as their top stars.
Hippie
Hippie

07.09.2020 | 8:26 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2589th

watching the video..  
didn’t that older man on the left keep instigating Perry & looks like he threw hands first?
Hippie
Hippie

07.09.2020 | 8:36 AM ET

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,158
  • Post Score: 333

07.09.2020 | 9:14 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 7 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 784th

Ive said it before. Mike Perry is a national treasure. He should be in the Smithsonian. And he is allowed to say the n word.

He could either end up like war machine or mike tyson. In which i mean, in jail and broke for murder. Or just a funny older guy who everyone remembers for being nuts when he was younger. I dont think he has any control of where his future goes. It will mostly depend on his girlfriend and people who guild him.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

07.09.2020 | 9:20 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 7 Perfect, 715 Points   |   Tied for 397th

To be honest, if you're that worried about social distancing Michael J. Perry, DON'T GO TO A ******* BAR *******. You kind of go there to socialize. Sit inside and drink.

Geoff Neal knocked some screws looser in his head 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Hippie
Hippie

07.09.2020 | 10:07 AM ET

Top Fights and Moments from International Fight

Afonso196
Afonso196
  • Predictions:  172  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 414

07.09.2020 | 11:31 AM ET

Correcting my previous post on Mike Perry

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1538th

Sorry guys for my previous post, I said that Mike Perry was bad mouthing and shouting at his girlfriend (Latory Gonzalez), but it was actually not her. Apparently it was a restaurant employee, just like the guy who he knocked out.
Just wanted to correct that, I hate posting false statements.

However, I meant all the other stuff I said, he is at war with everyone, he thinks everybody hates him and is making the sport we all love look bad and also, once again, the tweets he put out are completely out of order and disgraceful. 

The tweets I am referring to: 
https://twitter.com/PlatinumPerry/status/1280558075779391488?s=20
https://twitter.com/PlatinumPerry/status/1280559954584371200?s=20

* Edited at 07.09.2020, 12:21 PM ET *

"The fight game is life!"

johnnyonthespot
johnnyonthespot
  • Predictions:  134  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  371
  • Post Score: 101

07.09.2020 | 1:06 PM ET

I love Mike Perry. He just needs to stay off the booze. He should be paranoid, the cancel culture losers are controlling **** at the moment. He will be fine. Just give up the liquor. It makes a man sloppy and stupid.

It seems to me that older man, not OLD man, pushed on him first.

Yo, Mike some people care about you bro, but most dont, so stay strong.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." -H.L. Mencken

Hippie
Hippie

07.09.2020 | 1:07 PM ET

Fight4Love
Fight4Love
  • Predictions:  1,030  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  616
  • Post Score: 215

07.09.2020 | 1:43 PM ET

2X

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2901st

"She slammed me on my head, and that's not cool" -Thug Rose

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.09.2020 | 1:56 PM ET

@johnny

I'm sure perry felt threatened by the big fat old guy.
He only did what he had too I'm sure. Or he's a mental child who has taken waaaaaay too many steroids!
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.09.2020 | 2:01 PM ET

Hi johnny

Bye johnny

Lmfao!!!!

* Edited at 07.09.2020, 2:02 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

07.09.2020 | 2:30 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 7 Perfect, 715 Points   |   Tied for 397th

I honestly have no idea

But here it is and I'm trying not to hype myself up too much but man this is card stacked. 

I could get every pick wrong, just fingers crossed nothing goes wrong and it there are no problems just great fights. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Hippie
Hippie

07.09.2020 | 4:24 PM ET

Page 20

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant Not Looking Past Fellow OnlyFans Star Elle Brooke: ‘I’m Gonna Get Ready For War’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith no longer 'blinded' by title goal before UFC 301: 'I'm almost carrying an anchor with me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Stephen A. Smith ‘disgusted’ at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as pro bout
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Confronts And Blasts ‘F—king P—sy’ De La Hoya