Topic: UFC 276

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,183
  • Post Score: 47

03.13.2022 | 11:23 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 276
  • Saturday 07.02.2022 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ABC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $10,409,553
  • Attendance: 19,649
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 929,000 avg. viewers (ABC prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Jared Cannonier   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Max Holloway   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Pereira   defeats   Sean Strickland   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   2:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Robbie Lawler   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Pedro Munhoz   vs.   Sean O'Malley   Ends in a No Contest, Eye Poke   3:09 Round 2 of 3, 8:09 Total Bout Page
Jalin Turner   defeats   Brad Riddell   via Submission, Mounted Guillotine Choke   0:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Donald Cerrone   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:32 Round 2 of 3, 6:32 Total Bout Page
Ian Machado Garry   defeats   Gabe Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Brad Tavares   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
André Muniz   defeats   Uriah Hall   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Maycee Barber   defeats   Jessica Eye   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julija Stoliarenko   defeats   Jessica-Rose Clark   via Submission, Armbar   0:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 30

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,554  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 149

06.27.2022 | 6:26 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1586th

Lawler vs Barbarena added to the ppv 
Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  980  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,136
  • Post Score: 158

06.27.2022 | 6:28 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3969th

That is exactly why I picked Cowboy here. Cowboy will most definitely be the bigger guy here in this fight. Miller is already a small lightweight, so moving up to Welterweight for this fight will not work in his favor. If Cowboy can keep this fight standing, he will most likely win. If he's really as motivated as he says he is, I expect the good version of Cowboy to show up on Saturday.

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

Noxx
Noxx

06.27.2022 | 6:30 PM ET

@Zackwarlick

Yeah, Cowboy looked really awful in that fight. It seemed like he didn't want to be in that fight at all. I'm not confident by saying this, but I do think the better version of Cowboy will show up this time around. Plus, Miller is not used to fight as a Welterweight. 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,121  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,203
  • Post Score: 88

06.27.2022 | 6:31 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 4401st

Idk tho, that chin is gone. Morono doesn’t ko anybody. I still really don’t like the short notice, 3 time weight cut either. That strategy was perfect for cowboy 3-4 years ago, but now? Idk, his body isn’t what it used to be and he has taken a loooooooot of damage throughout his career (weather it be in the cage or outside, with his atv accident ls and all that good stuff). Miller is older but can still win fights and hasn’t looked terrible, just not what he was. The two fight ko streak is very unexpected however lol

* Edited at 06.27.2022, 6:32 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,748  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,524
  • Post Score: 13

06.27.2022 | 6:35 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 3677th

Love how nobody mentions morono is a actual 170er. And miller is a 155er. 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

06.27.2022 | 6:36 PM ET

Its also weird that cowboy took all of Niko Price's shots and it went the distance...
Fatboy
Fatboy
  • Predictions:  456  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  355
  • Post Score: 101

06.27.2022 | 6:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1267th

Adesanya vs. Cannonier
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R2
Have a hard time seeing Cannonier winning this. The power is a factor if he can set Izzy up and get that shot through but breaking through those defenses will be a challenge. Cannonier's got a good and power leg kick which can possibly help coral Izzy's movement but doesn't always set it up which is exploitable. The reach poses a problem as well, so all the way in or all the way out, don't let Izzy dictate the range.

Volkanovski vs. Holloway III
Max Holloway, TKO, R5
The highest of levels. It's hard to talk on this fight because I don't what adjustments we'll see early, mid and late fight. Too my best guess distance and timing are the main factors. Can Volk lead Max onto his leg kicking and counter hooks. Opposite side, can Max control distance with jabbing and overall striking volume and lead Volk into combination punching. Volk will likely use his takedowns again which Max has the ability to stop but I'm curious is Max considers his own takedowns at times like we saw against Yair. Went with a fifth round KO because I think Volk is more vulnerable in the later rounds. Hopefully we can get a definitive conclusion regardless in this.

Strickland vs. Pereira
Alex Pereira, TKO, R2
Really rests on if Strickland is going to push a wrestling pace, we've seen a lot more defensive wrestling from him lately than offense. Ability wise I think Strickland is the clear guy to choose in the grappling but it's different on your cardio to push it offensively. For Pereira, it'll be another test of defensive grappling and overall game. Stickland is a strong boxer but I think there's holes to be exploited by a better striker, he relies a lot on leaning back to avoid strikes and come back with volume. That left hook of Pereira is devasting, not just because of power but how and where he lands it.

Munhoz vs. O'Malley
Sean O'Malley, DEC
The biggest test of O'Malley's career (unless you count Chito which is fine). Stylistically I think this is a good matchup for Sean, he'll have the reach advantage and Pedro is very hittable. Sean may find trouble though if Pedro's great durability holds or he can avoid running into counter like previous opponents. For Pedro, set up entries and get Sean backing up. Land those calf kicks at key moments in close or when Sean is looking to exit out the sides. We've seen the issues O'Malley has had with leg durability in the past.

Riddell vs. Turner
Jalin Turner, TKO, R1
Riddell is a more polished striker but he likes firefight and often gets as result to make reads later on. Turner will also have big size and reach advantage here, so landing those counters will harder to reach for Riddell. Investing in the body strikes will be huge for Riddell and I think we may see him shoot some takedowns to really wear out Turner. For Turner, he likes to come out strong early so I think swarming Riddell for the quick finish is probable given Riddell's tendency to get hit. Turner definitely isn't very defensively sound either, so he should really minimize the amount times Riddell can close the distance. Expecting lots of kicking from Turner, body and head.

Lawler vs. Barberena
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R3
Durability is going to be huge here and I think Barberena has more of it. The power of Robbie will always be an issue, and Barberena gets into a lot back and forth exchanges where he's been hurt so he needs to be careful. Robbie hasn't been getting KO'd violently a ton lately but he's not winning much, his last win being against Nick Diaz who hadn't fought in a long while. This could be a real fun fight though... or depressing.

Garry vs. Green
Gabe Green, DEC
I'm not on this Ian Garry hype train but he got some decent countering ability. Gabe Green is an interesting striker, thought he looked much improved in his last fight. A toss up for me.

Cerrone vs. Miller II
Jim Miller, TKO, R1
Their first fight was vintage Cowboy but that fighter is long gone and I don't think the chin is there anymore. Miller just needs keep steady and avoid running into a mistake. Would be interested to see if this ends up on the ground, both are skilled grapplers. We didn't get to see enough of Cerrone's grappling so that would interest more than a stand up fight.

Hall vs. Muniz
André Muniz, SUB, R1
You snap Jacare's arm in two like Muniz did, you're gonna have my attention. Hall has shown competent grappling and scramble but I don't imagine it's gonna be on the level of Muniz. The standup is interesting, Hall is capable of amazing things but basics can be issue so while Muniz may not be a better striker I think there's plenty available to exploit with enough pressure.

Eye vs. Barber
Maycee Barber, DEC
Maycee Barber definitely hasn't lived up to her own hype but I think she has good natural ability for a female fight. She's got punching power, good grappling and his durability which can be a lot in WMMA. As for Jessica Eye, I'll say she's been tough but her style has been to eat punches and return back on her opponent to not much success. Whoever's better in the clinch likely takes it.

Tavares vs. Du Plessis
Dricus Du Plessis, TKO, R2
Brad Tavares is a decent all-rounder but I don't think there's been enough evolution in his game to reach the level he needs to beat the best. Du Plessis in awkward striker who manages to pull off surprising finishes even when it looks like he's losing, also has a win over Roberto Soldic. Not a clear cut choice but I'm going with young blood.

Clark vs. Stoliarenko
Julija Stoliarenko, DEC
Toss up, can't say either one has ever stood out to me. Going off the records alone Jessica-Rose Clark has more UFC wins but not very impressive ones. Julija doesn't have a UFC win yet so I'm just gonna assume she gets it here.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.27.2022 | 6:42 PM ET

@ngannou LOL true mma just makes no sense sometimes. You would think niko price would absolutely demolish him too but nope 

* Edited at 06.27.2022, 6:43 PM ET *

Noxx
Noxx

06.27.2022 | 6:43 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

I agree with you and you're right. However, the fighters Miller won against are not really that great imo. They both made Miller look great. Motta was the last guy he fought, but he won't be in the UFC for long. I'm pretty confident by saying he will lose his upcoming fight against VanCamp. Same story with Gonzalez, who will fight McKinney next. Poor guy lol. 

Anyways, It's not an easy fight to pick. I'm just taking a gamble here. I'm absolutely not confident to pick either fighter here. I don't mind taking a L if Miller wins this one. 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.27.2022 | 6:47 PM ET

That’s definitely true, but he was also looking solid against joe solecki and Vinc pichel despite not winning. I agree that motta and gonzalez are total ****ters so those wins don’t hold a ton of weight but I feel like miller is similar to kelleher where he’s the gatekeeper for the upper level of 155. He can still be competitive, but keeps the trash out of the top of the division. Also, I really don’t like 170 for miller but I think it is interesting because we’ve seen him slow down in later rounds at 155 but without cutting the extra weight it could be beneficial. Idk, this is a tough one to pick

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.27.2022 | 6:59 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3803rd

Will Cowboy have to cut weight to get to 170? I don’t think much. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.27.2022 | 7:07 PM ET

Not a lot but he’s still cutting weight. He isn’t 170 walk around I don’t think. Still, the two weight cuts previously will still have an effect; trevin Jones and Chris duncan from dwcs last year are prime examples of what happens when u cut multiple times in a month w/out fighting 

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.27.2022 | 7:32 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3803rd

I would say he probably didn’t get much bigger than 180-185. 
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,569
  • Post Score: 108

06.27.2022 | 8:05 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2674th

Embedded Ep.1 was good af, watched that hoe twice.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  467  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

06.27.2022 | 8:11 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2480th

Crim is gay
This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 19 hours, and 51 minutes from now.
danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

06.27.2022 | 8:14 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3098th

I think Miller might actually knockout Cowboy cause the last dude that he knocked out was actually a decent prospect, and Cowboy's chin is gone. I think Miller falls into the category of decent older fighters with people like Guida, who can beat any prospect with low fight IQ and demolish any other veteran. Also, I'm taking all of the favorites this week even tho Tavares and Riddell are very good underdogs. I am just high on Jalin Turner and Du Plessis and think both will eventually be at least a title challenger at least once in their career.
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,569
  • Post Score: 108

06.27.2022 | 8:14 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2674th

Bracket ur sister tastes like chewy chips ahoy 

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.27.2022 | 8:17 PM ET

LOL

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3408th

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,195  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,181
  • Post Score: 332

06.27.2022 | 8:19 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1681st

I love chewy chips ahoy

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

ShinobiTheNinja
ShinobiTheNinja
  • Predictions:  27  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  76
  • Post Score: 241

06.27.2022 | 9:09 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3803rd

Guys who is Oddbot? Is he actually a bot or a real person? I see he picks all favourites? And talks jibberish. Very strange 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 22 hours, and 16 minutes from now.

Page 30

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Suggests 4th Fight With Max Holloway For BMF Title
  • UFC.com : Iron Summit: For The Lifelong Athletes
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Sean O'Malley shows clip of sparring footage with Alexandre Pantoja
  • UFC.com : Cory Sandhagen Takes On Umar Nurmagomedov In Abu Dhabi On August 3
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique REPLAY: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Rankings Shakeup: Is Jose Aldo once again a top-5 bantamweight after UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique LIVE: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMA Junkie : 'Why not?': Benoit Saint Denis welcomes Dan Hooker next, calls Arman Tsarukyan dream fight at lightweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Feels Bad’ For Bruce Buffer, Accepts Alex Pereira’s $50K Challenge, Addresses Retirement Talks
  • MMA Mania : ‘Shogun’ Headed To UFC Hall Of Fame
  • MMA Junkie : Naoya Inoue gets up from knockdown, moves to 27-0 with sick KO of Luis Nery
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White put on blast at Tom Brady celebrity roast: ‘You’re like Michael Vick, but with human beings’
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC St. Louis On ESPN!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘If not for Canelo I’m not going down to 168’: Benavidez says only one fight brings him back to super middleweight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘If not for Canelo I’m not going down to 168’: David Benavidez says only one fight brings him back to super middleweight
  • MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC, PFL, Bellator fights announced in the past week (April 29-May 5)
  • MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: What’s next for free agent Jose Aldo after triumphant return at UFC 301?
  • MMA Mania : Inoue Survives Knockdown, Stops Nery In Six
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Mentally, I feel like the fight’s won’: Martin talks upcoming fight with Tank