Topic: UFC 267

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,026
  • Post Score: 47

06.27.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 267
Bout   Info
Glover Teixeira   defeats   Jan Błachowicz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:02 Round 2 of 5, 8:02 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Dan Hooker   via Submission, Kimura   2:23 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zubaira Tukhugov   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Albert Duraev   defeats   Roman Kopylov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   defeats   Benoit Saint-Denis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Shamil Gamzatov   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   3:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Yaozong Hu   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:46 Round 3 of 3, 14:46 Total Bout Page
Tagir Ulanbekov   defeats   Allan Nascimento   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 9

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

10.18.2021 | 2:26 AM ET

Dan the man

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 928th

People can dislike this post all they want, But Dan Hooker might be the most under rated fighter on the roster, He shouldn't be +550 against anyone on the roster, Dan Hooker was the closest to beating Dustin Poirer in his lightweight run, And that fight was really close. Dan Hooker also has under rated grappling, He only got tooken down once  in his entire lightweight run and that was agaist Dustin Poirer in the later rounds . I swear all these people think Islam is Khabib, Khabib should be those odds against Hooker, But new flash to everyone on here,But Islam ain't Khabib, Islam will get expose soon, He's not that good, If Dan training is going good, He's going to Knock out the Knock off Khabib

I find it insane that the bookies will give you better odds on Thaigo Moise, Drew Dober  and all the other mediocre fighter Islam fight, But that just me, Just because he got KO'd by Michael Chandler doesn't mean Dan Hooker a bum, That just the nature of the game, You just get caught sometimes

Anyone who bet Islam at these odds are idiots, Because it pointless betting against Dan Hooker, Dan Hooker at +550 is a steal, Dan Hooker is the man, 

* Edited at 10.18.2021, 5:09 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

anneisahooker
anneisahooker
  • Predictions:  9  |  77.8%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 0

10.18.2021 | 3:06 AM ET

LOL

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3483rd

This i just not good a good matchup for Hooker, "Styles make fights", your boy is getting dominatoed for 15 minutes straight
Kniferusty
Kniferusty
  • Predictions:  722  |  77.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,167
  • Post Score: 186

10.18.2021 | 6:06 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1335th

Fantastic analysis. 

"All my picks are backed by some type of real money wager. When I bet the house - I now have two houses"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

10.18.2021 | 7:14 AM ET

Murphy is ******

Predictions: 1 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3960th

I’ll be honest, I barely knew a damn thing about Murphy up until I got interested in this matchup enough to look into him. Pretty good striker, I can see why people are cramming for him as the favorite despite coming in on short notice. 

That being said, Murphy is going to get wrestle****** like a nympho in handcuffs. 

Amirkhani ain’t the best grappler and his style is both a strength and a weakness due to his limited conditioning, but this matchup is perfect for him. Murphy has dog**** defensive grappling. He had a draw against Tukhugov awhile back and was taken down a total of 6/8 times. Since then, his last two wins were against mainly strikers, both of which only offered a grand total of 1/4 takedowns. He also has zero submission wins, and 2/6 of his only UFC takedown attempts landed. Now, that’s enough to at least raise an eyebrow, but now I have to consider…is Lerone really going to be able to handle Amirkhani of all people? An extremely aggressive jiu-Jitsu fighter with a high finish rate, who rapid fires double legs till the opponent mentally breaks? And on short notice? Do you guys think he’s going to go into this fight without getting taken down once? Cause I ******* don’t. Easy +300 if you ask me.

Amirkhani by SUB in R2
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 22 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
Bronco
Bronco
  • Predictions:  2,140  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 360

10.18.2021 | 8:24 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 2233rd

Sabbath, I like alot of your fight analysis such as in the case of ok rae Yoon and carlston harris but Amirkhani is quit the overated fighter and he also doesn't have the best striking. He also doesn't appear to getting any better.

"If you follow me, I will follow you"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,519  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

10.18.2021 | 2:45 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 685 Points   |   Tied for 1355th

Islam should walk out to "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer because this **** isn't gonna be close. The duck is right that laying a bet on anyone at -700 or whatever is stupid, but Hooker isn't gonna win either.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Sabbath
Sabbath

10.18.2021 | 4:04 PM ET

Bronco

Oh definitely overrated, I wouldn’t consider myself an Amirkhani fan by any means, but I know an upset when I see it. No matter how I look at the fight, I only see Amirkhani rawdogging Murphy. Words are made for eating, so I’ll stick with mine 

* Edited at 10.18.2021, 4:16 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 22 hours, and 17 minutes from now.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.18.2021 | 4:57 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

@Duck while I agree that the odds on Hooker are stupidly disrespectful, it kind of doesn't matter.

Let's say the odds were about fair at +225, which is 100% more reasonable. That would be an implied probability of about 30%, which is about right really. Islam doesn't have to really do anything other than hump out a UD, and he will very likely do it. Hooker's grappling isn't bad, but it's not on the level of someone like Tsarukyan.

It's true that Islam isn't Khabib. But he doesn't have to be.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

10.18.2021 | 5:03 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 775 Points   |   Tied for 342nd

Al Hamdullah Islam M. will be the next Champion and usher in the new Sultanate with capital located in Dubai
This will be a time Mashallah, of many virtues and pleasurings in the Dubai penthouses post fight
Almutwah, we will commit many dark deeds in your honour

* Edited at 10.18.2021, 5:04 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WillmingtonW
WillmingtonW
  • Predictions:  579  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 338

10.19.2021 | 1:40 PM ET

Looking forward to this one

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3405th

I got..

Blachowicz - Glover is a warrior but Jan has come in to his own now and is patient and controlled with the polish power. Will probably KO Glover fairly early in the fight, maybe 2nd round. 

Petr Yan - I rate both guys but I think Yan is probably the best in the division.

Makhachev - Bad stylistic match-up for Hooker. It should be an easy win for Makhachev, probably decision because of how tough Hooker is.

Volkov - I think just too big, lanky and powerful for Tybura who, if he can't weather the early storm, will probably get KO'd early. 

Chimeav - Both dangerous on the feet especially The Leech, but I think Chimeav will have plenty of awareness to win with his wrestling control and ground n pound if he gets in any trouble.

Add to this - Lets go Ribas! Very cute and love that positive personality. 

I also think Lerone Murphy gets it done against Amirkahni. Amirkahni is more flashy and flamboyant but Murphy's conditioning is top-notch and he will rely on better simple fundamentals and getting the job done. 

Hoping for a great card! 

"Tom Aspinall is the real deal" - DC

corrizzle
corrizzle
  • Predictions:  42  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 50

10.19.2021 | 5:29 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 3746th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R2
Great light heavyweight fight. Jan seems to be taking the champion status well and we're going to see a new form of him on 10/30.

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, TKO, R4
This is gonna be an absolute barn burner. Yan is going to come out relentless and Cory will have a hard time handling Yan's pressure. Still doesn't make much sense to me how this fight got made following a Sandhagen loss but happy to see 135 moving forward again.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, SUB, R1
Islam will simply outclass Hooker in this one.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, DEC
This'll be a good bounceback fight for Volkov. Both have similar track records but Volkov is simply on another level than Tybura from an experience and conditioning perspective.

Li vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R2
Because smesh lol

* Edited at 10.19.2021, 5:30 PM ET *

Benrobinson63
Benrobinson63
  • Predictions:  1,558  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: -20

10.19.2021 | 6:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 2959th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R1
Yeah

ThisIsHowie
ThisIsHowie
  • Predictions:  378  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 155

10.20.2021 | 8:41 AM ET

Elizeu Zaleski vs Benoit Saint-Denis

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 2732nd

hey lads been typing up my predictions for a few days now just getting into it wanting to start a prediction channel on YouTube . anyway I wana get use guys opinion on this match up I have done my first take on it but think I might need to watch some more tape on Saint Denis . this is my initial fight summary for this fight will be posting my full card top to bottom predictions tomorrow 

When doing my study on these blokes I think this is one of the hardest fight to pick on the card because we have 35 year old who’s very well round with every chance of finishing the fight by knock out our sub and on the other hand we have a 25 year old bjj prodigy who we haven’t yet seen take damage but he also has big reach advantage and that should stop Zaleski spinning kicks from being a drama . I think this is a scary man they have given this kid in his debut but its the fight we need to see him in to see what he can do against a big punch/kicker . I think Zaleski is going to be be to much on the feet for the younger less experienced fighter I see this fight playing out on the feet because they should be close in bjj skill and it might just cancel each other out for this reason I im going Zaleski by KO . But if this kid can get the job done against a name like Zaleski the ufc could have a prospect on there hands if not his only 25 and we will get a better look where this kid sits in the ufc after this fight .

"Everyone Says They Want To Fight But Wont Sign"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,262
  • Post Score: 136

10.20.2021 | 1:25 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 2606th

Meh Impossible to say unless you saw his run in Brave as a Super Lightweight lmao 165lb.
I got Brazil by ko or counter sub unless I can find a reel to prove otherwise.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

10.22.2021 | 4:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Benoit Saint-Denis, DEC
I don't know if Benoît Saint Denis is considered a hot prospect outside of his native France, but he should be. Zaleski is a really tough welcolm tho, and the matchmaking here is a little bit puzzling if you ask me (Zaleski is just outside the top 15, with an impressive 22-7 record, Benoît is a young newcomer with a 8-0 record, the experience gap is insane here). Rooting for Benoît, but I won't bet on him...

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

Sabbath
Sabbath

10.22.2021 | 4:57 AM ET

Yan is ******…?

Imma be real, if Cory can’t beat him, he ain’t losing that belt for a long, LONG ******* time. That is unless Aijamain can stay on his hands and knees for twenty five minutes straight without getting forcibly bent over a table. I think the most impressive thing about Yan is his patience and stone cold nerves. He keeps those ******’ hands up and there ain’t a feint in the world that is gonna make him drop them. The only real weakness Yan has is his reliance on his high guard, something of which I feel will be a major problem against Cory.

I don’t think I gotta remind most of you guys Cory’s signature is liver hooks. If he’s able to bait Yan into blocking high too often and exploiting his range, he will probably be Yan’s most difficult opponent. This isn’t just a theory either, Jose Aldo had the most success using his signature liver hook on Yan’s body, however Yan’s masterful adaption per round allowed him to bait Aldo and punish him with elbow blocks and nasty check hook combinations. 

That being said, I still wouldn’t bet money on Cory. Outside of this obvious strategy, the odds are against Cory, especially in the grappling department. He turns his back WAY too much and it’s costed him his only two losses in the UFC because the only form of defense he turns to grappling wise is his dated as **** Kimura grip nobody uses anymore, and while Cory is pretty smart, so is Yan, whom as mentioned earlier is astonishingly good at tweaking his style to counter his opponent round by round. Still, it’s a fun thought.

* Edited at 10.22.2021, 6:38 AM ET *

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,148  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

10.23.2021 | 11:20 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3483rd

UFC 267 is beautiful, almost brings a tear to my eye

"Delinquent MMA"

Cassadina
Cassadina
  • Predictions:  4,182  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 247

10.23.2021 | 8:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Glover Teixeira, TKO, R1
OLD MAN GLOVER

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, TKO, R3
Say your prayers, little one Don't forget, my son, To include everyone, Tuck you in, warm within, Keep you free from sin, 'Til the sandman, he comes

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Dan Hooker, TKO, R2
KNEES ARE YOUR FRIEND HOOKER, KNEES! USE THEM WISELY!

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Elizeu Zaleski, TKO, R3
Zaleski is way more proven.

Oleksiejczuk vs. Gamzatov
Shamil Gamzatov, DEC
I dont rate Gamzatov very highly, not surprised if he loses but gotta favor him

Amirkhani vs. Murphy
Lerone Murphy, TKO, R1
Murphy 1st or 2nd round.

Hu vs. Petroski
Andre Petroski, TKO, R1
Don't rate Petroski very highly and really hope Hu wins this one but gotta go with Andre anyway.

"Shut Up"-Weili Zhang

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.24.2021 | 4:38 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 2164th

for everyone looking for some fight week content already, here is Błachowicz's camp vlog for ya:

* Edited at 10.24.2021, 4:39 AM ET *

"****."

jamieufc3112
jamieufc3112
  • Predictions:  1,258  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 233

10.24.2021 | 8:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 1687th

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, DEC
I'm picking Yan by decision because Cory is very hard to finish. Yan isn't afraid of going to the judges with a comfortable win if the matchup is dangerous like with sandhagen. He's done it with John Dodson, against Jimmie Rivera aswell.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, DEC
I REALLY want to pick Dan Hooker but i think Makhachev is too much :(

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway confirms Justin Gaethje should’ve been credited for UFC 300 knockdown: ‘That’s some bullsh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's some bullsh*t': Max Holloway believes Justin Gaethje deserves credit for first UFC career knockdown
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 and UFC Vegas 91 preview show: Is UFC playing second fiddle to Mike Perry?
  • MMA Junkie : Melissa Gatto fights Tamires Vidal at UFC Fight Night 241 after Hailey Cowan injured
  • MMA Mania : VanZant Stares Down Brooke Ahead Of Misfits Clash
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300, Credits Justin Gaethje for First UFC Knockdown
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Mania : Officer ‘Bad Boy’ Reporting For Duty!
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Does the UFC hosting more events on the road mean APEX cards will soon end?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • UFC.com : Bogdan Guskov Wants To Establish Himself As A Contender
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled