Topic: UFC 267

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,815
  • Post Score: 47

06.27.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 267
Bout   Info
Glover Teixeira   defeats   Jan Błachowicz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:02 Round 2 of 5, 8:02 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Dan Hooker   via Submission, Kimura   2:23 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zubaira Tukhugov   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Albert Duraev   defeats   Roman Kopylov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   defeats   Benoit Saint-Denis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Shamil Gamzatov   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   3:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Yaozong Hu   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:46 Round 3 of 3, 14:46 Total Bout Page
Tagir Ulanbekov   defeats   Allan Nascimento   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 7

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.28.2021 | 11:39 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 2466th

RDA himself said it was a minor procedure and still hopes to be ready for the fight in time. Right after it came out that he was out. so who really knows. I think media jumps the gun wayyy to much just to be first with the story. I think they heard surgery and just assumed that he was out automatically. 

“I'm already walking without crutches, in 10 days I need to be able to sparring,” dos Anjos said. “I’m a fighter; I always want to fight. We already told the UFC what happened. By the way, the UFC was great at paying for all my surgery expenses. But of course I can't decide alone. I have to hear from my trainer, my doctor and physiothe******. We must take the final decision in one week.”
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,447  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

09.28.2021 | 12:13 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 685 Points   |   Tied for 1355th

man, nobody should be made to face Islam on short notice. I was already thinking RDA was in trouble here, but with a reduced camp he's probably getting finished.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

09.28.2021 | 12:22 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 1823rd

Considering how the UFC does these cards, they need at least one more title fight or a fan favorite co main event. Could someone like Aldo or even Cruz step up over Sandhagen to take this opportunity? Cruz won his last fight against a tough opponent. 

Sandhagen would be a good replacement even coming off a loss because most people do not believe it was a loss. If Sandhagen were to win that sets up the rematch with Sterling.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave it to O’Malley. He obviously has the following and entertaining fights. If Yan beats him it demonstrates what all the O’Malley haters have been saying all along and also might bring down the price O’Malley can ask for in free agency. Now if O’Malley wins, the UFC has a new star with an interim belt ready to unify. 
2021.09.28 8:48 PM ET

bout status update

Harris vs. Tuivasa Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
2021.09.28 9:16 PM ET

bout status update

Yan vs. Sandhagen Changed from Rumored to Confirmed
AaronJCodonaa
AaronJCodonaa
  • Predictions:  1,749  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 260

09.29.2021 | 5:54 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 2534th

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, TKO, R5
I think Yan will eat away at Sandhagen the way he usually does with his opponents. I do think its a much tighter fight than people are anticipating - Sandhagen will not pour out everything he has in the first 8 minutes the way Sterling did in March, and he won't do everything so dramatically and telegraphed either. Sandhagen will be happy to touch and circle, occasionally letting go something from his kicking arsenal or perhaps that disgusting flying knee. Yan's excellent high guard defence will probably keep him safe from the stylish wheel kicks and high kicks, but I see the knee being dangerous as Sterling was able to get through with good knees up the middle too. I think Sandhagen will just be kinda tricky for Yan, and it will take some time for him to figure the Sandman out. Ultimately though, as Yan does, I think he will chip away and not take too much damage before dominating late. I see a fairly close decision or a late finish for no mercy.

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Jandiroba is tough - I think Ribas should get back to her best weapon and put on a clinic on the mat.

Li vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, SUB, R2
This is violence

lytskinjonnybones
lytskinjonnybones
  • Predictions:  4,078  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 96

09.29.2021 | 10:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 2392nd

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, TKO, R3
LFG THE SANDMAN! THIS RUSSIA GRIT VS AMERICAN HEART! THE REAL 135 LB TITLE FIGHT WITHOUT THE PLAGUE OF DISQUALIFICATIONS AND JUDGES THAT SMOKE CRACK! LFGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you dont go too far you will never go far enough" - Uncle Chael

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

09.30.2021 | 2:52 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 2164th

Okay, now I am really excited and for Islam - Hooker. What a fight!!! 

"****."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

09.30.2021 | 3:29 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 928th

One of the rare time that pullouts maybe a good thing. Hooker vs Islam and Sandhagen vs Yan are way more competitive fights. I give a good chance for upsets for both Hooker and Sandhagen even if I have to pick Islam an Yan. Also Strip Aljo. He no champ

* Edited at 09.30.2021, 3:31 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Blackbet25
Blackbet25
  • Predictions:  8,814  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,089
  • Post Score: 190

09.30.2021 | 3:29 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 1156th

Gotta respect Hooker for stepping up. Quick turnaround. Should be good.

"They don’t want a man like me to have the title cause I’m not a puppet like that fool up there."

2021.09.30 3:43 PM ET

bout announced

Islam Makhachev vs. Dan Hooker at 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

09.30.2021 | 3:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 2606th

Props to hooker but seems a terrible matchup for him and a second weight cut is going cost him.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.30.2021 | 4:26 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

Jan Błachowicz   vs.   Glover Teixeira 

Glover Texiera, sub, R2.

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,447  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

09.30.2021 | 8:03 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 685 Points   |   Tied for 1355th

Hooker didn't come out of that last fight unscathed, I think this is a terrible idea for him to accept this fight. At the same time, it's all upside since nobody expects him to win.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.30.2021 | 8:50 PM ET

I'll venture a guess and say that Hooker has a gentleman's agreement with UFC on this one and if he drops it it won't affect his ranking status. At least I hope that's the case. This would be a bad fight for him even if he hadn't just taken a fight.

* Edited at 09.30.2021, 8:50 PM ET *

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

09.30.2021 | 10:37 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 2328th

Hooker laughs like a madman when talking about the UFC making it worth his while. They really want Islam to have high profile fights. I could imagine it's something like the time Cormier got a million dollar bonus just for being a good company man. Because you also gotta think, Hooker has to pay for housing and... everything for at least the next 3 months. Sounds like he made the decision to move to the US on the fly. It's kind of funny how open he is about the fact that he didn't think this through at all. 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

09.30.2021 | 10:52 PM ET

@Erison I don't blame him for not wanting to go home. I would rather be anywhere else in the Western world other than Australia or NZ right now. **** is bad man. Really bad. Hooker kind of touched on it in his post fight octagon interview, but he didn't say enough.

He didn't say it, but I will: Australia has devolved into a full-blown police state. I am not exaggerating. What I am witnessing here is nothing like anything I would have ever imagined  possible 5 years ago. And I live in a state that has some of the more mild lockdown protocols.

It's really driven home that we're still the same prison island we always were.

Props to you Dan, for having an out.
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

09.30.2021 | 11:13 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 2328th

Via his Instagram it seems like he's full id right now. Going to football games, eating and drinking, shooting machine guns. Letting loose.

The New Zealand lockdowns sound extreme, but I don't know where that balance is. I don't think we've found it in the US. Something like 50% of new covid cases can be traced to Florida, Texas, and Missouri. If they were foreign countries, we'd ban travel to them. I know we'll disagree on this, but letting every twenty five miles come up with their own rules for handling a contagious public health crisis isn't any kind of solution. 
HiDefff
HiDefff

10.01.2021 | 1:02 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 2466th

Islam just opened on one book at -575 
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

10.01.2021 | 2:00 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 620th

I am seriously interested at betting it goes to decision , hooker can wrestle now and it is not bad at all, the fight goes to decision prop is a serious one to look at 👌🏻
FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  803  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  345
  • Post Score: 270

10.01.2021 | 8:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 3811th

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, TKO, R4
Not the fight we wanted, but still a very decent one nonetheless. I do not like Cory getting a interim fight coming off a loss, but it's better than Volkov v Tybura co-headlining. I can argue that Cory Sandhagen won his last fight, but he looked very green and didn't show good fight IQ. Yes, TJ is one of the best to do it but Yan is miles above him. Speaking of Yan, he is so good. He doesn't waste a single punch. He's smart, well rounded, powerful, and technical. Cory wasted a lot of big, flying motions and attacks against TJ and he put himself in bad positions. I can see Yan chipping away, and dominating more and more as the fight goes on and finishing Sandhagen with combination punching late R4. Yan should sit around -275.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Marcin Tybura, DEC
One of the harder fights to pick here. Tybura's recent surge kinda reminds me of Derek Brunson. Littered with decent prospects that he can stylistically beat. Volkov is now that step up, playing the role of Darren Till. Marcin has a crackable chin and is pretty sloppy standing. But Alexander has to put him away before Tybura can get on him, and he's not a power puncher and if Marcin can take his shots, I'll go with him just beating Volkov to the takedown 3 times in a row en route to a boring decision victory.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, DEC
Great matchup for Islam. Lined up perfectly for him. RDA would've given him a fight, but now he's facing Dan Hooker fresh off a fight on a months notice. Dan didn't take any damage in his last fight, but facing a dominator like Islam on short notice is concerning. Gimme Islam by a hard fought decision, and he's worth a shot at -575.

"If you jingle my bells, you will have a white Christmas, "

Sirlay23
Sirlay23
  • Predictions:  922  |  50.5%
  • Forum Posts:  23
  • Post Score: 139

10.03.2021 | 5:23 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 3924th

I'm Gonna make a bold prediction. All main card fights end by KO

I got Jan,sandhagen,hooker, tybura, and Chimaev all putting away they're opponents by the 2nd round.

I love glover but I'd dont see him eating g the pish powers shots well. Yan vs sandhagen is hard to call but I just have a feeling sandhagen is going to something wild early in this fight. I think hooker will dust Islam. Island is good but he showed a weakness in the stand up last time out. I also just dont Jingliang being able to do much with chimaev.

Main card will have 5 KOs. You will remember my name 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,811  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  31,957
  • Post Score: 87

10.04.2021 | 2:22 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1235th

Leech at +305 seems sooooo tempting 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’