Topic: UFC 267

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,269
  • Post Score: 47

06.27.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 267
Bout   Info
Glover Teixeira   defeats   Jan Błachowicz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:02 Round 2 of 5, 8:02 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Dan Hooker   via Submission, Kimura   2:23 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zubaira Tukhugov   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Albert Duraev   defeats   Roman Kopylov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   defeats   Benoit Saint-Denis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Shamil Gamzatov   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   3:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Yaozong Hu   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:46 Round 3 of 3, 14:46 Total Bout Page
Tagir Ulanbekov   defeats   Allan Nascimento   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

BrandonPhill
BrandonPhill
  • Predictions:  3  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 93

10.04.2021 | 4:32 PM ET

Don’t fall for it. When was the last time a fighter has cashed back to back +250 or more  underdog ticket’s ? We’ve seen Li struggle with the wrestling in the past too. Parlay Khamzat if anything imo. Also Li got dropped in that first round against David Zawada and slows down in bouts. 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.04.2021 | 5:11 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

Jingliang Li   vs.   Khamzat Chimaev  

If Chimaev is even 70% as good as he was, post the Shanghai lung AIDS, then he should turn Li into a barbecue rub within two rounds with little resistance really. Jake Mathews took the leech down and held him there without too much trouble. Wouldn't shock me if the leech gets 10-7'ed in R1 and just shrivels and dies like..well, a salted leech, about 1:20 into R2.

Chimaev, TKO R1-2.

Amanda Ribas   vs.   Virna Jandiroba

Very tough fight to pick. I'll preface that by saying that Ribas is far better looking, so I hope she wins, but it's usually the case that the minger gets it done. Ribas'  striking is awful, her defense is worse, and her ability to recover from a big shot is worse than that again. That's less of a problem against Jandiroba, whose striking is also pretty god-awful despite her multi-directional ocularity which probably allows her to read two newspapers and watch netflix simultaneously. And if Ribas does get clipped, she probably won't shoot and will throw back something in return that looks like mime artistry, and eat another bomb. Grappling? It's probably a push. I don't give either girl a clear advantage in the BJJ department. Cardio, I slighty favor Virna.

This one is probably a messy bump n' rub with Jandiroba either getting it by split or UD. But it could go either way. I'll take the disco chameleon and hope to be wrong.

* Edited at 10.04.2021, 5:15 PM ET *

HiDefff
HiDefff

10.04.2021 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 2466th

without too much trouble other than having his eyes blatantly gauged out by Li 
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.04.2021 | 5:49 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

Yeah, that was ******. He should have been deducted. 
HiDefff
HiDefff

10.04.2021 | 6:11 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 2466th

Yea that was pretty bad. Izzy debuted on that card and Romero sent Rockhold to the land of wind and ghosts. 

* Edited at 10.04.2021, 6:14 PM ET *

ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,363  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  283
  • Post Score: 242

10.06.2021 | 10:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 2392nd

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, DEC
I want Hooker to win because I fear waking up and seeing everyone in the UFC rankings lookin like Khabib. Did I make that joke already- oh **** I did!

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.09.2021 | 5:07 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 2164th

I'm rarely hyped for a MMA event, like I am for this one. Plus its in European hours. Whats even better, results of this one will bring possibly even better matchups. 

"****."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,566
  • Post Score: 262

10.09.2021 | 5:38 AM ET

Dan Hooker is +390, Great bet IMO

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 928th

I think the odds on Dan Hooker is incredible, I think the bookies are off on that one. I think people think Islam is Khabib, when he's not as Khabib is 1 in a trillion,  and that Dan Hooker some *****, He won 2 round agaist Dustin Poirer for **** sakes, People think he some bum is ********, Getting -200 on him against Haqparest was free real estate, Also the fight not on short notice, he has at least 4 weeks to prepare. I think Hooker would put Islam head into the bleacher in ideal cirumstance, But the fight is 50-50, Not 90-10 like the bookies make it out to be

Hooker shouldn't be +390, He ******* good, And anyone betting Islam at -600 is stupid, The fight is close, Dan Hooker counter wresling is solid, I don't think I ever seen him get taken down, He could  get wresle**** don't get me wrong, But Islam fought middle of the pack guys so what he wresling going to look agaist the elite of the divison

* Edited at 10.09.2021, 5:46 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

10.09.2021 | 8:08 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 8 Perfect, 865 Points   |   Tied for 29th with 3 others

Damien, a lot of bookies just look at records or names. That is why, as of late, I have been picking against mcgregor and Ferguson as people will just pick them automatically due to name.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

AaronJCodonaa
AaronJCodonaa
  • Predictions:  1,762  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 260

10.09.2021 | 11:09 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 2534th

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, DEC
I have never wanted to be wrong so badly in my life - Hooker is an absolute legend, I'd take great pleasure in seeing him put makhachev down

xJUSTBLEEDx
xJUSTBLEEDx
  • Predictions:  4,316  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  387
  • Post Score: 267

10.10.2021 | 1:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 2506th

Hu vs. Amedovski
Yaozong Hu, DEC
Why does Amedovski look like a Macedonian Conor McGregor?

"I'm not imprezzed by your performance."

Cassadina
Cassadina
  • Predictions:  4,233  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  104
  • Post Score: 234

10.11.2021 | 9:41 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 2959th

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Zubaira Tukhugov, DEC
split

"Shut Up"-Weili Zhang

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,886  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

10.12.2021 | 9:23 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1259th

why does anyone look like anyone?

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,753  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,786
  • Post Score: 273

10.12.2021 | 1:48 PM ET

IMO, Paul beat Dan in their fight. Thought Paul Felder also beat RDA, the guy is a seriously tough dude who got screwed by judges. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,801  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,528
  • Post Score: 13

10.15.2021 | 4:31 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 1687th

there is no way in hell felder won that fight. i like felder and was rooting for him but he clearly lost that fight. even felder was suprised he got a scorecard

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,237  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

10.15.2021 | 6:08 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 1555th

RDA won every round against Felder

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

10.16.2021 | 5:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 2959th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R2
What a legendary fight. Both came to the UFC with high expectations, and after variable level of success, both looked to be on the end of their UFC career. Then Blachowicz learned TD defense and how to preserve his cardio, and Teixeira stopped tkinking he was Mike Tyson and got back to his excellent ground game, with the help of some crazy toughness. Their are, undeniably, the best fighters of the division, and while a Teixeira win would be something really special, I think Blachowicz is really too talented now to make the same mistakes both Anthony Smith and Thiago Santos made.

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, DEC
It's absolutely possible this fight is more competitive than the Sterling one. I still think Yan will win, but it could be very competitive for 5 full rounds of action. Great fight, I can't wait.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, DEC
I'm really rooting for Hooker, and he always has the talent to KO anybody with a well placed knee but damn, Makhachev is something special.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, TKO, R3
Tough figh to pick. Volkov is obviously the most talented fighter, but Tybura showed excellent improvement recently, now knowing how to survive when he's hurt, and how to preserve his gas tank... I think this will be more competitive than most can expect, but still, I have to pick Volkov here.

Li vs. Chimaev
Jingliang Li, TKO, R3
Okay now that's a decent test for Chimaev. Exactly between Rhys McKee and Leon Edwards, haha ! Chimaev is obviously a talented fighter, but I still think people are biased by his personality and his meteorical rise, I don't think there is anything special about winning 3 fights against low level competition, that just shows he may be a top 15. Something Jingliang absolutely proved he is. Tough as hell, very complete game, still progressing... And after the Covid thing and long layoff, who knows if Chimaev is still the killer we saw last time he fought. If he wins in impressive fashion here I will gladly eat my words and watch a Neil Magny matchup for example, but for now I don't see any reason not to pick Jingliang by decision or late tko.

Ankalaev vs. Oezdemir
Volkan Oezdemir, DEC
Volkan is a savage, taking all this high risk zero reward fights. He almost KO'd Jiri in the first round of their fun little war, but got KO'd himself for the first time of his fighting career (both MMA and kickboxing)... I think Ankalaev is the rightfull favourite here, but I think the odds are crazy, because Volkan can punch really hard, usually has an iron chin and is really durable, his only weaknesses being cardio (he usually gasses around the end of round 3) and some holes in his TD defense. I won't put money on this, but I feel Volkan is the more likely to end the fight inside 2 rounds, and even if it goes 3 full rounds, still has the stand up skills to win a close and competitive if not controversial decision ( like he did against Reyes and Rakic). Fascinating fight, anyway, and the winner will be in good position for a top contender Matchup after this.

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Ricardo Ramos, DEC
Tukhugov is a tremendous fighter for about one round and a half. Ramos is just a standard fighter, but he is for 3 full rounds.

Oleksiejczuk vs. Gamzatov
Michał Oleksiejczuk, DEC
Oleksiejczuk is a better fighter than his reccord might suggest. In my oppinion, losses to Crute (who is probably a future contender) and St Preux (who is a very old fox with a deep experience) are nothing to be ashamed about, and I think he can climb the rankings if he learns how to avoid to ground... This will be a very tough test for him.

Amirkhani vs. Murphy
Lerone Murphy, DEC
A long time ago, it looked like Amirkhani was going to be something special at featherweight. Then we realised he was just a fun action fighter. Now, he's not even fun to watch anymore...

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,792
  • Post Score: 180

10.16.2021 | 10:17 AM ET

Predictions: 13 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 785 Points   |   290th Place

Noticed a few days ago on ESPN that they listed a fight between Elizeu Zaleski and Benoit Saint-Denis and then this moring found this article announcing his UFC signing on Sherdog: https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/French-Invasion-Benoit-St-Denis-Signs-with-the-UFC-182337

* Edited at 10.16.2021, 10:19 AM ET *

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

2021.10.16 2:34 PM ET

bout announced

Elizeu Zaleski vs. Benoit Saint-Denis at 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
2021.10.16 3:28 PM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, October 30 at 11:00am ET to Saturday, October 30 at 10:30am ET
2021.10.16 9:23 PM ET

bout status update

Hu vs. Amedovski Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
2021.10.16 9:24 PM ET

bout announced

Yaozong Hu vs. Andre Petroski at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
TJ Pereira
TJ Pereira
  • Predictions:  669  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -67

10.17.2021 | 3:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 597th

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, SUB, R1
Islam by sub rd.1 : I think Islam is too fast and well rounded to not take Dan down in the first minutes of this fight ground and pound him and put a spectacular submission in the same round. Future champ!

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,905  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,219
  • Post Score: 191

10.17.2021 | 4:58 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 1457th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R2
Teixeira has earned his title shot meritoriously with a streak of 5 wins and the last 2 over title challengers like Anthony Smith and Thiago Santos, but Błachowicz is way above in the matchup: Since his fight against Rockhold he has shown to have a great KO power, against Jacaré he showed how solid his takedown defense is, against Reyes he showed that he and his team know how to prepare tactics for a fight in an excellent way and against Adesanya he showed good fight IQ and knowing when to make changes during the fight. Glover has proven to be tough, to keep going despite the fact that his rivals can hurt him in striking and that his ground game is the most dangerous in the category, but Jan has the skills to avoid going to the ground and handle an offense capable of finishing Teixeira by TKO.

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, TKO, R3
Petr Yan has a good background in muay thai and boxing, he has excellent striking that combines technique with great KO power as well as having a very good takedown defense and the ability to take the fight to the ground if necessary. On the part of him Cory Sandhagen has an unorthodox striking with the ability to surprise his rivals with flying knees or spinning head kicks, in addition to the fact that the greatest characteristic of him is that he has a lot of heart this was shown especially against Iuri Alcantara . This fight is much more exciting than Sterling vs. Yan II, Petr Yan wants to remain active and requested the fight for the Interim Title but this fight is a high risk fight for the Russian: Sandhagen takes an advantage of more than 10 cm in height and about 8 cm in reach, Petr Yan has a great KO power but Sandhagen took John Lineker's punches so it seems to me that a Yan win by TKO is unlikely. Honestly, Yan is the logical favorite, for many he is the true champion or even the current champion (sadly, the strike with which I knocked Sterling was an illegal strike by the unified rules) but Sandhagen has quite a chance: after his controversial defeat against Dillashaw is presented with the opportunity to fight for the interim title, he knows that he has nothing to lose and that he must take the initiative and not just dedicate himself to counterattack to avoid situations similar to the split decision loss against Dillashaw in the future. As a prediction I think this will be an even fight, but when they are in the middle of the fight (3rd round or 4th round) Sandhagen will probably manage to land a flying knee or a counter knee and then finish with ground and pound.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, TKO, R1
Tybura is having a good run: a 5-win streak and his return to the HW Top-15 rankings. But he usually tends to have trouble early in the fight before implementing his clinch and takedown game. Volkov doesn't have a one-shot KO power, but if he manages to hurt Tybura he can finish him off with his sheer volume of strikes. Volkov is not an easy fighter to control on the ground and although Tybura showed good head movement against Rothwell, Volkov is far superior compared his striking levels.

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Both are fighters with very good grappling: Jandiroba has a higher level in competitive BJJ, but in Wrestling Ribas has the advantage due to her Judo Black Belt. As both are good on the ground, the fight will probably be carried out mainly in striking: Although Ribas does not have the best jaw, I think that Ribas has a better striking and will probably manage to dominate Jandiroba standing in the same way that she did against Mackenzie Dern in late 2019.

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Ricardo Ramos, DEC
Zuba has good boxing and a great sambo base, but his cardio is probably enough for the first round and a bit by the start of the second round. On his part Carcacinha has a very varied striking with good volume of strikes, a great BJJ and an effective takedown defense and offense. Tukhugov could get the TKO in the first round, but Ramos must beat him if they go to the scorecards.

Duraev vs. Kopylov
Albert Duraev, SUB, R1
Former Akhmat Champion vs. Former Fight Nights Global Champion. Kopylov had a bad debut against Roberson in the UFC. Although the fight was even (not counting Kopylov's points deduction in round 3) Roberson managed to knock him down, take the back and subdue him with a rear-naked choke. Kopylov may pose danger early on with his high KO win percentage, but Duraev has the "Smesh Mentality": Duraev will be looking to take him down, work with a high volume of ground strikes and secure the choke.

Oleksiejczuk vs. Gamzatov
Michał Oleksiejczuk, DEC
Gamzatov comes 2 years without a fight and he is primarily a striker. Oleksiejczuk has very good punches to the body, he can get the most out of the exchanges if he can keep the fight on his feet when Gamzatov looks to change the fight with some takedown attempt.

Ulanbekov vs. Nascimento
Tagir Ulanbekov, DEC
I don't think Nascimiento has the takedown defense to defend Ulanbekov's sambo. Allan Nascimiento from the ground can be a threat with submission attempts from the bottom, but Ulanbekov must resolve this with transitions. Which if it is clear that Tagir showed a good jaw against Bruno Silva, but the matchup against Matheus Nicolau was something very early for his career in the UFC, observing the current panorama of both.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL CEO Pete Murray: Jake Paul will make 'biggest MMA debut ever' likely in 2025
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis preview show: Will Derrick Lewis deliver another emphatic knockout? 
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen says UFC indicated title shot comes with Umar Nurmagomedov win, hopes for Sean O'Malley
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC on ESPN 56 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, Joaquin Buckley's money, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia poster released featuring Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Inks New BKFC Ownership Deal
  • UFC.com : Sean Woodson Wants To Make A Statement At Home
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier says UFC initially offered Paulo Costa in Rio, Nassourdine Imavov not what he wanted
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: 24 Fun Tidbits, Facts And Storylines!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis Gambling Preview: Will Derrick Lewis add another knockout to his UFC record?
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ‘Savage Mode’ Mike Tyson: ‘If I Was Jake Paul, I’d Be Sh*tting My Pants’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC St. Louis Ceremonial Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking
  • MMA Mania : Olympic Medalist, Knockout Machine, Future Champion?
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Reveals Earnings From UFC Video Games, How Fighters Get Paid
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jon Jones would probably need two and a half minutes to finish Alex Pereira
  • UFC.com : Veronica Hardy Embraces Living In The Moment
  • MMA Mania : How To Buy Tickets For Paul Vs Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : Betting Preview: Lomachenko vs Kambosos and more