Topic: Top Heavyweights - 265 lbs.

Frank?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

10.04.2010 | 10:24 AM ET

i have trouble with placing mir in the top ten at 265. saturday was one of those performances where winning ugly was SO VERY ugly that he arguably deserves to drop a few spots.  i had him at #12 before and i'm leaving him there after.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Responses

trident
trident
  • Predictions:  146  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 27

10.04.2010 | 10:25 AM ET

Frank's pretty good.  Sometimes styles make fights, and Cro Cop wasn't there to fight.
jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

10.04.2010 | 10:29 AM ET

i think he's too smart for his own good sometimes. changing his diet, changing his weight, strategizing ad nauseum . . . and then he hardly does anything for three rounds. if he had fought carwin that night the exact same thing would have happened again.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

10.04.2010 | 12:06 PM ET

Not sure he'll ever be champion again, not with guys like Dos Santos and Velasquez as contenders.  And he won't beat Lesnar again, it seems pretty clear.

But, he's a legit badass.   Have to give him credit... the fight sucked but he KO'd Cro Cop. Not a lot of BJJ guys can say they've done that.

"I live, I die, I live again."

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

08.05.2015 | 12:43 PM ET

Mir is on the right  track.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 1 week, 1 hour, and 13 minutes from now.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,526  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,804
  • Post Score: 180

08.05.2015 | 2:03 PM ET

Arlovski over Stipe is debateable but I agree. Arlovski's losing streak was several years ago (last loss in that streak was 3/11) and Stipe lost to Struve in late Sept. 2012. Since then Stipe's best 2 wins are Roy and Gonzaga while Andrei beat Bigfoot and Browne. Granted I thought Stipe arguably beat JDS but then again he hasn't looked the same post-Cain. I'd probably pick Stipe if they fought but....

Mitrione and Jordan top 10? :D

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

08.06.2015 | 1:20 PM ET

i would pick  Stipe.  He is as much or even more of an athlete than Arlovski and has a better chin.

* Edited at 08.06.2015, 2:56 PM ET *

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria praises 'showman' Sean O'Malley: 'I like him, he's doing a great job'
  • MMA Junkie : Mateusz Gamrot trashes Charles Oliveira for considering Colby Covington's callout: 'Thought you were better than that'
  • MMA Mania : Pimblett: ‘Proper S—t Human Being’ Green’s ‘Chin Is Gone’