Topic: UFC 300

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,151
  • Post Score: 47

12.16.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 300
  • Saturday 04.13.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $16,508,823
  • Attendance: 20,067
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:14 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Xiaonan Yan   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Max Holloway   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:59 Round 5 of 5, 24:59 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 2 of 3, 8:17 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Calvin Kattar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kayla Harrison   defeats   Holly Holm   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:47 Round 2 of 3, 6:47 Total Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via KO/TKO, Uppercuts to Ground Strikes   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Jalin Turner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 40

pashaboyer
pashaboyer
  • Predictions:  156  |  52.6%
  • Forum Posts:  375
  • Post Score: -3

04.06.2024 | 11:00 PM ET

@_Vis_ 
if Katar can’t knock him out, and I don’t believe he will. Because I think Sterling actually has a higher IQ in fights. I actually think Petr Yan, if we do mma math, would run through Katar.  Hypothetically 
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,438
  • Post Score: 129

04.07.2024 | 12:13 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

Not a single greek fighter on UFC 300, disappointing.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,438
  • Post Score: 129

04.07.2024 | 12:19 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

Main card fight, this is some Bellator ****.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Harbinger
Harbinger
  • Predictions:  182  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  139
  • Post Score: 66

04.07.2024 | 12:21 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 5120th

Kattar has great takedown defense, he has only really been taken down once in the UFC and only because Zabit grabbed his legs in the middle of a flying knee, otherwise Kattar stopped all his other takedown attempts. (And yes Fishgold officially got a takedown but only kept top control for 5 seconds and then got knocked out). There's no reason to assume Sterling will be able to take the fight to the ground every round, or even for a round. The fight will probably be mostly standing, and Kattar is the much better striker.
Herb Dean
Herb Dean
  • Predictions:  181  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 43

04.07.2024 | 1:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 5499th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
It was nice while it lasted. Sort of ..

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, DEC
Closer fight then like indicates . Weili will need to wrestle or she will lose the striking by a bit. Yan improving but not enough

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, SUB, R4
I see this as a pickem at worst for Max for a few reasons. Going with the plus money

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, DEC
Line should be closer . Club and sub or just club or just sub is live for Charles . Gotta lean Arman tho

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, TKO, R1
Cody has zero heart and meh skill. Fluke Ko or bust

Procházka vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, DEC
Close fight but Jiri kind of sucks

Kattar vs. Sterling
Calvin Kattar, DEC
Might switch after looking into it more

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
Like probably off but can’t pick Holly . How does she win this when she does nothing with her striking anymore and is outmatched in clinch and ground where she’s been relying on for a while now

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, DEC
Sodiq can get hurt and literally had one round of gas last fight

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, SUB
Should be easy work

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Marina Rodriguez, DEC
Striking competitive but Marina wins it and not even Marina can be bad enough to get grapple fckd by Andrade . Probably…

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, DEC
Unless the Turner beating changed his life he should probably win this…

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC
Odds are wide. Cody will prepare for leg kicks this time , has great wrestling , and chin issues overblown imo . Could be close

grayerman
grayerman
  • Predictions:  805  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 58

04.07.2024 | 2:27 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 3219th

UFC 300 FIGHT WEEK!!!!!!

"Winter is coming."

GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

04.07.2024 | 3:07 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 7446th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
I've said this before, but here it goes again: Jamahal Hill has elite fight IQ. Genuinely elite decision-making and a sweet eye for openings. His striking is really well suited to his stature and he moves around very comfortably. Pereira's low kick, jab and backstepping overhand will be his most reliable artillery here because they're things he can land consistently and chip away at Hill by using. There isn't much else to look at technically, which is a little bit disappointing because I usually have really specific things to look (i.e Poirier's check right hook off the shift) and see how they can be implemented here. But Jamahal Hill varies strategically so much from fight to fight that it's hard for me to see Pereira doing his rinse & repeat style of striking and having much success before getting lamped for good. I'll take Hill, straight right to GnP, R2.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO, R3
Again, there isn't a whole bunch to break down here technically. Yan is a remarkable counter-striker but she's most effective when her opponents are bumrushing because it gives her clean openings and angles to work with. Basically, the freedom and flexibility to see what's happening in real time and pick her tools to respond. Zhang will keep the fight in her face, but in a far more calculated way than any of Yan's past opponents, effectively shutting down her counter-striking, which is really all she has against Zhang in this fight. Maybe grappling could be interesting if she can scramble, but once Zhang's on top, it's GnP city.

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, DEC
I was siding with Gaethje when this announced. The more I think of it, though, the more I think this trends towards a Holloway win. For one, Holloway has put on visible muscle mass. The bulk worked quite alright. While this would obviously be much more of a point to consider against a grappler, the added physical strength will pay dividends in controlling the clinch, which has evolved into a major part of Holloway's standup arsenal over the years. Gaethje, obviously, is a ******* beast of a striker with A+ technical and tactical abilities; but so is Holloway. And for my money, volume strikers almost always beat potshotting counter-strikers. I do think Gaethje will catch Holloway here and there, and compromise his movement to a major degree. But we only really see Gaethje doing that when he matches/controls the pace of a scrap early, or when it's against somebody he can pull ahead of as they fade late into a fight. Holloway is going to be in his face and maintain a rhythmic, high-paced striking style that will allow Gaethje to find his openings early, but as time goes on, the difference will be far too large and Holloway should have done more than enough to pull away with a win on the scorecards. Essentially, it comes down to a constant increase in the volume of strikes landed that appears to be Gaethje's kryptonite, and Holloway, in his new 155 frame, will do just that.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Charles Oliveira, TKO, R3
The odds of this fight are hinged on Arman's consistent performances where he's able to do the same thing repeatedly and see similar results each time. He times entries the same, strikes the same way, and controls grappling the same way in every single fight. Oliveira can be tricky to bet on because of the sheer unpredictability of his fights; one minute he's on his back following a knockdown, then he's won the next minute. I can see why this makes Arman the favorite - if he drops (really drops, not like the Oliveira-Gaethje fight) Oliveira, it's pure control for him. I'm still picking Oliveira because Arman just looks so rattled when his typical gameplan doesn't bring him the success he's hoping for, that he throws it out the window entirely. The Silva fight is a good example of this. Oliveira stuns Arman with a knee and puts him away instantly after, because Arman will make a mistake, and there's very little room for error at that Oliveira level.

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,413  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  815
  • Post Score: 96

04.07.2024 | 3:27 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

finally... so hyped for Oliveira/Tsarukyan, Jirka/Rakic... dream card
jeffferson
jeffferson
  • Predictions:  458  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  735
  • Post Score: 151

04.07.2024 | 5:31 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 5620th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R3
Hill upset! Be prepared. I love Alex but his striking defense has constantly been exposed in fights. Bruno Silva, Izzy first fight end of round 1, Izzy second fight, Jiri. He observes a lot of strikes and gets touched up so badly in some of the moments he's destined to get cracked yet again and there's no better man to go and exploit such visible flaw like Hill.
Edit: I'd also like to add that Hill constantly switches from orthodox to southpaw, this can be very good against those leg kicks of Alex.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
Tsarukyan is a terrible matchup for Oliveira, as bad as Makhachev. Arman is a danger everywhere the fight goes. Charles has put himself in dangerous situations and still came out on top but I'm certain it'll end poorly here. Oliveira goes in there, doesn't respect Arman where he needs to be respected and pays the price. Would suck to see Do Bronx lose but I can't pick him.

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, SUB, R2
There should be a group prayer for Kayla's victory. If Holm wins she's a fight away or two away from a title shot. My eyes are not prepared to see Pennington vs. Holm perma-clinching with poorest fight iq moments.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
Figgy mauls Cody. That sucks but that's the sport.

* Edited at 04.07.2024, 10:13 AM ET *

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Nick Diaz

AljaGOAT
AljaGOAT
  • Predictions:  236  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 25

04.07.2024 | 6:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 3219th

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody Garbrandt, DEC
Cody No Chin will officially be back to Cody No Love

AljaGOAT
AljaGOAT
  • Predictions:  236  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 25

04.07.2024 | 6:35 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 3219th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
Unfortunately I think Jamahal will clip tf out of Pereira and smother him with ground and pound for an early-ish finish. Pereira will leg kick the hell out of Hill and cause Jamahal to rush the fight and I think he’ll just get lucky. The longer this fight goes the better it’ll be for Poatan. Can’t wait to hear Joe talk about how crazy it was that Alex made 185.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO, R4
Nobody stopping this man…

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, DEC
War. War. War.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
Rooting for Oliveira but I think we might start to see the old Charles, the one that quits. Arman is young and hungry and I think he dominates on the feet here.

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
BS. Should not be on the main card. Should not be on 300…

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
Slightly confused as to why Jiri is the dog here. Rakic has not been active and is coming off of an injury while Jiri was beating Alex until running into the left hook from hell that ultimately ended that fight. Jiri will over power a rusty Rakic.

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, SUB, R2
This is 1000% biased so I’m giving zero explanation. AljaGOAT!

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
Absolutely no clue what will happen here. Especially because I’m nervous Kayla misses weight but I’m expecting Kayla to maul Holly to a boring finish. Great time for a beer run.

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R3
I think this will be the fight of the night. I think Lopes gets dropped early but Yusuff gasses himself out going for the finish and Lopes sinks him into a submission from the bottom late in the third.

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, DEC
Money Moicano is an American/Brazilian treasure but there is just no way in hell he can handle Turner especially with the reach and height advantage Turner has.

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Marina Rodriguez, DEC
I don’t know

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, TKO, R2
Green will out class Miller. Miller is just in the card because of 100 and 200 but Bobby is one step above when it comes to skill

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,558
  • Post Score: 262

04.07.2024 | 6:55 AM ET

Harbinger

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 7247th

Also Sterling isn’t the best offensive wrestler, they’re a lot of fights where Sterling either can’t get the takedown or get 1 or 2 in 20 attempts, Sterling more of a Jiu-jitsu fighter then a wrestler 

Kinda remind me of Blanchfield vs Fiorot, but the striker with great takedown defence is up a division 

* Edited at 04.07.2024, 7:00 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,413  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  815
  • Post Score: 96

04.07.2024 | 8:08 AM ET

Kattar lost to Moicano if it says anything
mongobubongo
mongobubongo
  • Predictions:  77  |  54.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -100

04.07.2024 | 8:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 693rd

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R3
pereria lulls hill into standing with him and flatlines him later

Zhang vs. Yan
Xiaonan Yan, TKO, R3
i like the tapology underdog here,

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R4
bad matchup, patient gathje will standing tko holloway later in the fight

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
Tsarukyan will be fine on the ground and chin charles on the feet, follow him down and ground and pound him

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, TKO, R1
**** fight get it off 300

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
rakic fights with little urgency, jiri is psychotic

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
kattar will retire after a few more losses

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, TKO, R2
holm is closer to 50 than she is to Kaylas age

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R3
lopes better

Turner vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, DEC
weight bully turneer struggles with anyone even remotley close to him in size or height

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
andrade has done so many PEDs shes more man than woman

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, DEC
miller dont get no fairytale ending

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody was washed years ago

1800gambler
1800gambler
  • Predictions:  144  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  23
  • Post Score: 100

04.07.2024 | 9:10 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 5542nd

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody's chin can't be trusted and Figueiredo is finally in the right division - I think he cleans up here

"I have a good a feeling about this one"

Uncommon wolf
Uncommon wolf
  • Predictions:  10,381  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: -69

04.07.2024 | 9:44 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 4965th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
Alex's jaws are fragile Hill will able to find the right space from here for punch

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, SUB, R2
Easy win for Zhang by total domination

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R3
You can see magic Max will be ko brutally by a lot of leg kicks and punches

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, SUB, R2
Arman is really skillful he may do ko Olivera,

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Against trash fighter in main card whyyyyy

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
Jiri is fun to watch he can defeat as a Samurai

Kattar vs. Sterling
Calvin Kattar, TKO, R2
No offense I hate the fighting way of Aljo

"The best and uncommon predictions "

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,000
  • Post Score: 138

04.07.2024 | 9:56 AM ET

@gliese

Rumor is Leonidas is the back-up for Nickal if Brundage can't go. UFC has to keep this super important fight on the card. 
1800gambler
1800gambler
  • Predictions:  144  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  23
  • Post Score: 100

04.07.2024 | 11:12 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 5542nd

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R3
Super Sodiq has legit wins and legit losses but if his cardio falls apart like it did in his last fight, I can see a late finish from Lopes who has a **** ton of experience at his age and good momentum rn

"I have a good a feeling about this one"

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,541  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,306
  • Post Score: 150

04.07.2024 | 11:19 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 460 Points   |   Tied for 5828th

Aljo has a 16% (12 out of 75) takedown accuracy in his last 5 fights 
baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,759
  • Post Score: -18

04.07.2024 | 11:37 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 5297th

and kattar is coming off a 18 month layoff having torn his ACL at 36 years old

Page 40

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims He’d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t,’ Garcia responds
  • UFC.com : José Aldo: A Homecoming Fit For A King
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 5: Nightswimming deserves a quiet night with Karolina Kowalkiewicz
  • UFC.com : Iasmin Lucindo Is Ready To Start Building Her Own Legacy
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs Munguia Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video at 3 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Martinez questions Jose Aldo's motivation in UFC return: 'I don't think he wants to be here'