Topic: UFC 300

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,079
  • Post Score: 47

12.16.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 300
  • Saturday 04.13.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $16,508,823
  • Attendance: 20,067
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:14 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Xiaonan Yan   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Max Holloway   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:59 Round 5 of 5, 24:59 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 2 of 3, 8:17 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Calvin Kattar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kayla Harrison   defeats   Holly Holm   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:47 Round 2 of 3, 6:47 Total Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via KO/TKO, Uppercuts to Ground Strikes   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Jalin Turner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 32

petar4454
petar4454
  • Predictions:  177  |  50.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: -225

03.11.2024 | 12:56 PM ET

What I Expected From UFC 300

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 3711th

Main Event: Jon Jones (C) vs Stipe Miocic 
Co-main: Alex Periera (Light Heavyweight Champion) vs Tom Aspinall (Interim Heavyweight Champion)
3rd Title Fight: Dricus Du Plessis (C) vs Israel Adesanya (2)
5 Round: Dustin Poirier (3) vs Benoit Saint-Denis (12)
Main Card: Michael "Venom" Page vs Colby Covington (3)
Main Card: Kayla Harrison vs Holly Holm (3)
Featured Prelim: Charles Olivera (1) vs Arman Tysrukyan (4)
Prelim: Aljamain Sterling vs Max Holloway (2)
foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,982
  • Post Score: 137

03.11.2024 | 1:26 PM ET

@Ayy

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

You're reading too much into my comment and missing the forest for the trees. I never said Arman had bad cardio or that the fight wasn't competitive. If it was a 3 round fight instead of 5 with Gamrot, he would have won on the scorecard. I was comparing this to a comment about Oliveira not being able to fight in championship rounds simply because he's never been there before. 

The "crazy bad take" is saying there's no proof a literal champion can't fight in championship rounds simply because he's never been there. That's a hilariously bizarre way to gloss over WHY Oliveira has never seen a 4th round, which is because his opponents are usually unconscious. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,293
  • Post Score: 136

03.11.2024 | 2:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 3926th

Turner vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, DEC
Same as last fight All Money needs to do is survive a round get some strikes of his own and grapple.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,000  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,091
  • Post Score: 88

03.11.2024 | 2:21 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 4684th

I get that but you said word for word “All 3 judges said Tsarukyan lost rounds 3, 4, and 5 in the only main event he's ever been in. So where you say there's no proof Oliveira can fight well for 25 minutes, there's literally no proof Armen can either. ” 

That’s just not correct because arman fought very hard into the champ rounds. Whether or not you thought he won the fight he never stopped pushing the pace and making the fight competitive, even as it got into the deep rounds. It’s factually incorrect to say arman hasn’t proven he can fight well for 25 minutes. I agree saying do Bronx doesn’t have 5 round cardio is a bad take, but at the same time arman has clearly proven to have 5 round cardio; I don’t know many lightweights who could match the pace those two set through 25 minutes 

* Edited at 03.11.2024, 2:21 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Harbinger
Harbinger
  • Predictions:  182  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  139
  • Post Score: 66

03.11.2024 | 3:04 PM ET

@foppa420

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 5120th

His very last fight was also a main event. And how was I supposed to know you were implying something else by Arman should be glad its three rounds? Or why that will even matter when this probably won't go beyond the second. Arman's striking is really underrated and has been slept on a lot before the Dariush fight. Charles gets knocked down every second fight by is an "elite striker", while Arman got rocked once without going down and then knocked the other guy out, and is apparently "exposed". I'm not sure if either guy has a clear stand up advantage, but as soon as they clinch (as Charles often does) Arman will take him down and it will be all over.

In one of the embedded videos (for Makhachev fight I think), Charles was laying on the ground like a corpse while cutting weight, so that was why I thought he had problems with it.
Harbinger
Harbinger

03.11.2024 | 3:08 PM ET

@VicStrk

Which one of these goofs was you? 😆

Turner by R1 KO btw.

* Edited at 03.11.2024, 3:09 PM ET *

GoatChael
GoatChael
  • Predictions:  303  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  184
  • Post Score: 153

03.11.2024 | 3:58 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1424th

@Harbinger 
interactions like these just prove how accurate Jon Anik‘s statement about a part of the mma fan base is. You should never talk like that to someone, especially if the guy risks his health fighting for your entertainment and definitely not if everybody knows you would **** your pants saying that right in front of him with no security in reach. Coming from a die hard Oliveira fan by the way.

* Edited at 03.11.2024, 4:04 PM ET *

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,435
  • Post Score: 220

03.11.2024 | 4:07 PM ET

Harbinger

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 645 Points   |   Tied for 1068th

Haha great members of the ILUMINADO cult in this vid. 🤣

The day MMA fans don't loudly get behind their favorite fighters is the day hell freezes over, especially in a press conference or QnA. It would be harassment if they said those things to him randomly in the street tho. 

Also it doesn't seem like you know what to think about either fighter capabilities on this one  "Arman is on another level in both striking and grappling" and  "I'm not sure if either guy has a clear stand up advantage" don't go hand in hand buddy. 🤣 

I will say Arman survives round 1 with some sucess and gets finished in round 2. 

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

Pflynn8
Pflynn8
  • Predictions:  121  |  52.1%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 170

03.11.2024 | 4:23 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 6630th

Jiri is currently the dawg against rakic at +110 gotta get on that before the odds are flipped 
foppa420
foppa420

03.11.2024 | 4:41 PM ET

@Harbinger

Definitely stand corrected on the number of main events for Arman. I honestly totally forgot his fight with Dariush was the main event. I think what you're remembering regarding that particular weight cut had more to do with where the fight took place than anything else. 

I don't disagree with parts of your analysis but I personally try to stray away from "well this has never happened so it probably won't happen" in MMA under any circumstance. Chito never bled before until OMalley hit him with a knee from the depths of hell. Glover Texeira somehow got submitted for the first time ever in a fight he was 30 seconds away from winning. MMA is wild and wild **** happens. 

I personally think this SHOULD be a 5 round fight. I'm not really a fan of two guys in the top 5 of any division not being scheduled for championship rounds, no matter how unlikely it is those rounds actually happen. We just had two similar fights like this with Evloev/Allen and Song/Yan, but this is literally #1 vs. #4 at lightweight. 

I don't think this fight is necessarily over the moment it hits the mat. I could see Arman dominating a lot with control time while also fighting off lots of sub attempts by Oliveira from bottom. Arman doesn't have the same instincts Islam has, who is the only comparable fighter Oliveira has fought his entire tenure at LW. Islam dropped Oliveira and immediately fell into a head and arm on instinct., while Arman hasn't been credited with a single sub attempt in the UFC thus far. I can easily see a scenario where Arman is dominating but still unable to finish the fight. 
Harbinger
Harbinger

03.11.2024 | 4:51 PM ET

@GoatChael 
That one clown was so scared even from a distance that he couldn't pronounce Oliveira's name right from stuttering.

@VicStrk 
I meant that Arman is probably the more technical striker, though the more technical guy doesn't always win the striking exchanges. But "survives round 1 with some sucess" is a definite improvement from "losing to Charles in round 1 Arman will have a quick cry session with his entourage" so at least you're taking him a little more seriously. 😁
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,287  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,293
  • Post Score: 136

03.11.2024 | 4:52 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 3926th

LOL good for Arman keeping it together that was ********, why these dweebs talking smack 100ft away over a mic.
I am pulling for Charles but this is a fight nobody easy at 155 at the top.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Harbinger
Harbinger

03.11.2024 | 5:22 PM ET

@foppa420

I agree with avoiding "never happened so it won't happen" logic, I was telling a friend during UFC 299 that everyone has never been knocked out until they're been knocked out (of course Chito went the distance but Sean hit him with a lot of strikes that would've knocked out most BWs).

The point I was trying to make (when I thought you were talking about cardio) is lots of fighters who have cardio issues with their first 5 round fight usually don't in the future because they have the experience. And yes Oliveira could've gone 2 more rounds easily against Ferguson, but he was dominating that fight. How he would do being the one fighting off takedowns and GnP for 25 minutes is more up for speculation.

I wish it were 5 rounds too, even if I don't think it will go that long. Arman isn't really a submission threat, but he does have good wrestling and increasingly improving GnP. I think he can grapple his way out of any submissions that Charles may attempt.
foppa420
foppa420

03.11.2024 | 5:49 PM ET

@Harbinger

I would say Arman fought just ok against Gamrot. It had nothing to do with his cardio and everything to do with how he paced himself. In my opinion, he lost a fight he probably should have won because he didn't pace himself properly. I've re-watched this fight twice since it happened and I think the scorecards were correct. Gamrot is legit and that wasn't an easy fight no matter how you slice it. For a guy that's won twice as many decisions as Oliveira in almost half the career fights, we know Arman can properly pace himself to take 2 of 3 rounds. That's all I meant by the "he should be glad it's only 3 rounds" comment. Oliveira is also probably the worst opponent to try and control your own pace against, because he doesn't really control his own well. He's absolute balls to the walls action from bell to bell. It's a very difficult style to keep up with against someone who can dish out so much damage whilst simultaneously taking it.

Kinda devolved into a semantics argument for a sec (fought "ok" vs. fought "well") and I concede that's 100% my bad, especially since I forgot the other main event he was in (which then totally negated my point). 
JasonGT
JasonGT
  • Predictions:  156  |  54.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

03.11.2024 | 9:19 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 3497th

I think Bo Nickal beats Brundage 
Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,541  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,296
  • Post Score: 151

03.11.2024 | 9:42 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 460 Points   |   Tied for 5828th

All 10 fighters on the main card are coming off wins. 8/10 are coming off finish wins. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,000  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,091
  • Post Score: 88

03.11.2024 | 10:01 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 4684th

@jasonGT that’s a really hot take 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

StyleBenderPicks
StyleBenderPicks
  • Predictions:  3,428  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  137
  • Post Score: 44

03.11.2024 | 11:05 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1424th

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, TKO, R4
Standing Tko.. I just believe in mma curses.

" “My hands don’t discriminate.” -Israel Adesanya"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

03.12.2024 | 3:06 AM ET

Vandal

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 7247th

Cheers mate, I’ve been on a roll lately, being in the top 10% of pickers on tapology shows I’ve been doing something right recently, But that the picking game, they’re up and down and I’m on a up now

"Quack quack quack"

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,244  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

03.12.2024 | 1:28 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 2583rd

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
weird feeling hill slumps alex

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO, R2
2 rounds of madness with weili dropping yan

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R5
justin is going to be the one to break max this is all to ensure topuria beats holloway when they fight

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
arm triangle round 1

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Charles Oliveira, TKO, R2
do bronx sleeps arman watch arman is going to get hit with a similar shot that rocked him in the silva fight but charles will put him out

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R1
jiri does gods work and puts this ****y **** out cold early

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, SUB, R1
same way he beat cory

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
kayla lays on holm for half the fight

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R1
diego runs at sodiq the slow starter early and either just kos him or club and sub

Turner vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, SUB, R1
moicano can take a beating and has great takedowns

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R1
Andrade bulldozes in and lands on marinas chin

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, DEC
miller had a war with benitez not a good look green got cooked but by jalin turner a rising prospect

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
cody may have his moments in round 1 but we all know its time deiveson is also still a great fighter in my opinion he just didnt have his **** together i think he kos no chin here

"Too much wine "

Page 32

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : On To the Next One: Matches to make after UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Watch ‘Countdown To UFC 301’ Video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301: How to watch Rio de Janeiro fight card, lineup, odds, preview videos, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Irish prospect Paul Hughes to co-headline Bellator Dublin
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: What is the best UFC fight still to come in 2024?
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Confirms $5 Mil Payday To Save UFC’s Fight Island Debut
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Made $5 Mil To Save UFC’s Fight Island Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes vs. Bobby King co-headlines Bellator Champions Series: Dublin
  • Jits Magazine : New Wave Jiu-Jitsu Dominate In Enigma Invitational 15 Results
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC Returns To PPV In Rio!
  • Jits Magazine : Gianni Grippo Promoted To Black Belt In Luta Livre
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Colby Covington noncommittal on ‘nobody’ Ian Machado Garry fight: ‘He has to show me he’s serious’
  • MMA Mania : Rogan: Topuria Turned Down Volk Rematch In Perth
  • MMA Mania : What’s Next For Matheus Nicolau?
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55