Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Holland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,026
  • Post Score: 47

08.02.2022 | 8:54 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.03.2022 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Holland
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Orlando
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Amway Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • Attendance: 17,065
  • TV Ratings: 1.014M avg. viewers (877k prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Stephen Thompson   defeats   Kevin Holland   via KO/TKO, Retirement   5:00 Round 4 of 5, 20:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael dos Anjos   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:20 Round 2 of 3, 8:20 Total Bout Page
Matheus Nicolau   defeats   Matt Schnell   via KO/TKO, Punch to Ground and Pound   1:44 Round 2 of 3, 6:44 Total Bout Page
Sergei Pavlovich   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Roman Dolidze   defeats   Jack Hermansson   via KO/TKO, Punches From Back Control   4:06 Round 2 of 3, 9:06 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Kyle Daukaus   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:45 Round 2 of 3, 7:45 Total Bout Page
Phil Rowe   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:26 Round 3 of 3, 13:26 Total Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Emily Ducote   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Clay Guida   defeats   Scott Holtzman   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Marc Diakiese   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Pearce   defeats   Darren Elkins   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Natan Levy   defeats   Genaro Valdéz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Francis Marshall   defeats   Marcelo Rojo   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:14 Round 2 of 3, 6:14 Total Bout Page
Yazmin Jauregui   defeats   Istela Nunes   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:06 Round 2 of 3, 9:06 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 48

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

12.03.2022 | 5:29 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 237th

am not a fan of these late starts. RIP to the people out of the States, this **** has to be brutal man 

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Erasethemoon
Erasethemoon
  • Predictions:  2,945  |  51.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 157

12.03.2022 | 5:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1628th

Price vs. Rowe
Philip Rowe, TKO, R3
Price gets hit a little too much & Rowe hits like a truck. I don't think Niko can go 15 minutes taking massive shots.

"If you don't think inspiration is optional you have never done drugs. "

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,239  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,476
  • Post Score: -57

12.03.2022 | 5:31 PM ET

Paulo Pasta

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 783rd

Bed wrestling?

"Positivity is a positive"

ckyanez
ckyanez
  • Predictions:  110  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

12.03.2022 | 5:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1713th

Thompson vs. Holland
Stephen Thompson, DEC
I really like both fighters, but no one outworks or outsmarts Stephen. Raw talent isn’t enough for Kevin. I think Stephen kicks his legs into smithereens by the time the fight ends. One swing by Holland could change things of course, but I think Stephen is too hungry and probably game planned against that exact scenario, avoiding it at all costs.

dos Anjos vs. Barberena
Rafael dos Anjos, DEC
I do like Barbarena, but his resume is very mediocre if you dig into it. RDA is still hungry and wants to prove a point after a 5rd KO loss to Fizi. In that last fight, he still matched Fizi in strikes, and dominated control time with 6 mins. Bryan is a good striker, but I think RDA will manhandle him to a UD.

Nicolau vs. Schnell
Matheus Nicolau, TKO, R3
Both are just all over the place, but I like Nicolau's resume slightly more. This is as close of a fight ive had to pick in awhile. Perhaps oddsmakers know something I don’t, lets go with them or pass.

Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich
Tai Tuivasa, DEC
What a ******* banger. I actually don’t care for Tai, never was a D-rider of his like many... but his fight against Gane showed so much heart. Outside of Derek, none of his wins make ya say WOW! I think Tai wants to grow his brand so badly, and he can do that with a win over a potentially overrated fighter in Pavlovich

Hermansson vs. Dolidze
Jack Hermansson, DEC
Roman will need a KO to win here. Jack's resume is pretty solid, only losing to some of the best. Roman has a very suspect loss to Trevin Giles.. by decision too. I think Jack is too smart to let Roman win.

Anders vs. Daukaus
Eryk Anders, DEC
I honestly just don’t like Daukaus. So ill spare you with that before I go in here. This will be a grappling ****-fest coming down to control time. If it comes down to decision, I think Anders wins with strength/more control. However, if Anders makes a mistake... Daukaus will pounce and submit him. Im banking on Anders being more powerful than Kyle's used to, but this is not a smart bet.

Price vs. Rowe
Niko Price, TKO, R2
Another BIAS ALERT! Niko resides in my current city of Cape Coral, so Ive been a big fan of his tenacious spirit. That being said, Phil is as tough as they come and this pick looks stupid. It takes A LOT to knock out Niko, we know this. Phil thrives on KO power. Although it is very possible he clips Niko with the perfect shot...

Hill vs. Ducote
Emily Ducote, DEC
Don't trust a word I say here... but Angela got lucky her last fight. Ducote is making second UFC appearance after winning first by UD (to semi solid opponent). She has a lot of unknowns, but I think Angela should get ready for the booth full time. I could very well eat my words here given the vet experience.

Guida vs. Holtzman
Clay Guida, DEC
BIAS ALERT! Guida is my hometown boy, very active still where I grew up (Johnsburg IL). He's a real dog man, everybody knows it. This could go either way, but I believe Clay will leg kick his way to a boring decision and maybe ride off into the Floridian sunset.

Johnson vs. Diakiese
Michael Johnson, TKO, R2
DOG or PASS. This is such a tough one actually, because Diakese has looked solid.. but tough to place value when opponents were complete scrubs last 2 bouts. He loses every time he fights someone even half decent. I feel that Johnson may be hungry enough, and Diakese may be oozing with false confidence. Now, Mullarkey is def a middle of the road guy, but Johnson nearly beat him back in July. Careful here.

Elkins vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, TKO, R2
Elkins is a goofy, inconsistent MFer - and should never be counted out. But he will need a fluke to beat a very solid fighter in Pearce. Perhaps a lucky guillotine is blessed upon him... But Pearce has proven that he’s worthy of handling Darren with ease. Last time Pierce was subbed was in 2016. Don’t think old man strength will be enough for this one.

Levy vs. Valdéz
Natan Levy, DEC
Levy's only L was to Rafa Garcia who is an animal. It was a close fight, but Levy lost by Control Time. This fight will be close. Valdez' resume just doesn't impress me at all. Both solid sub artists, but I believe it will go to controversial decision in favor of Levy. Gut feeling, dont bet money on my gut feelings.

Marshall vs. Rojo
Francis Marshall, SUB, R1
Marshall is making debut, and undef 6-0... but coming off dominating UD in DWCS. He beat someone who was prev undef winning by sub 100%. Rojo could get lucky, but was finished in his first 2 UFC bouts (solid fighters- Kyler and Jourdain). But even his pre-UFC record is meh. Rojo has been subbed 5x, think Marshall makes it #6

Jauregui vs. Nunes
Istela Nunes, TKO, R3
Never trust when I bet on the women. That being said, Nunes is a vicious striker who got barely beaten by control time. She dominated striking. Jauregui has zero subs to her name, control time is not strong suit. Also a very good striker, but less experience. Dog or pass.

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,239  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,476
  • Post Score: -57

12.03.2022 | 5:33 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 783rd

I'd be careful putting Yasmin in too many parlays. I think she wins but it's an interesting close fight. The over 1.5 is almost the same odds

"Positivity is a positive"

paulopasta
paulopasta

12.03.2022 | 5:34 PM ET

Rah

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2237th

I wish lol. I’m in HS and we just got done with a wrestling tournament. We had to be up and at em at 5 am in the morning
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,902  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

12.03.2022 | 5:35 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 490th

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,386  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,338
  • Post Score: 129

12.03.2022 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 2444th

So it starts around an hour and a half from now correct? I'm always waiting for the UFC to update the schedule on their webpage an hour before the event starts as they are wont to do.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Muffin69
Muffin69
  • Predictions:  29  |  79.3%
  • Post Score: 450

12.03.2022 | 5:46 PM ET

Heading to the arena

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 4033rd

Little birthday present to myself. Flew down to Orlando to see the fights tonight. About to get in the Uber and head to Amway Center. Enjoy the fights everyone!
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,264
  • Post Score: 136

12.03.2022 | 5:48 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 514th

Good for you happy birthday!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

TARTARA
TARTARA

12.03.2022 | 5:48 PM ET

Nice, have a good one !

gliese58i
gliese58i

12.03.2022 | 6:01 PM ET

Yall seem pretty high on Jauregui. I picked her too but I bet Nunes.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

NameUser
NameUser
  • Predictions:  849  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  365
  • Post Score: 149

12.03.2022 | 6:02 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3018th

Yeah I hate these UFC and PFL cards cuz they start at around 1-2 at night
This user is suspended from posting until 3 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

12.03.2022 | 6:03 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1867th

My old ass once lived these late starts. Lol. Pretty rough now. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

gliese58i
gliese58i

12.03.2022 | 6:05 PM ET

@loudenSwain

1 AM start for me lul.

TARTARA
TARTARA

12.03.2022 | 6:07 PM ET

02:00 fook

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

12.03.2022 | 6:10 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3307th

Nah, i just go to sleep and watch the replays the next day. Sometimes its better, i am not tired, i can skip though the hours of commentary and get right to the 1 1/2 minute fight. Its been a few years since i stopped torturing myself to stay awake and i couldnt be happier

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

TARTARA
TARTARA

12.03.2022 | 6:10 PM ET

The Little Beach with the dislikes...

There you go, give me another now, good, nice Beach !

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,583  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,528
  • Post Score: 60

12.03.2022 | 6:15 PM ET

Scintillating New Predictions

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3307th

Marshall vs. Rojo
I am obsessed with Francis Marshall at -165. He has a youthful sleeper slam. Marshall is gonna elevate the natural order.

Levy vs. Valdéz
I appoint Natan Levy at -200. He has a digital diet. Levy won't ravage the deed.

Guida vs. Holtzman
I have got Scott Holtzman at -170. He has a brash tai otoshi. Holtzman will likely wobble the canvas.

Elkins vs. Pearce
I embrace Jonathan Pearce at -500. He has a fabulous head coach. Pearce could damage the cake.

Nicolau vs. Schnell
I select Matheus Nicolau at -380. He has a tasty double wrist lock. Nicolau shall mislead the Octagon. Acertar na mosca!

Jauregui vs. Nunes
I have a crush on Yazmin Jauregui at -330. She has a quick bolo punch and a qualified scissors sweep and also a xenophobic side kick to the throat. Jauregui is gonna drop the humiliating defeat. Beep boop!

Thompson vs. Holland
I like Kevin Holland at -170. He has a radioactive hammerlock and an amoral osoto gari and also a brackish ankle lock. Holland will likely negate the corner man. So say we all!

dos Anjos vs. Barberena
I have a crush on Rafael dos Anjos at -550. He has a uppity mountain bomb. dos Anjos might hamper the counteragent.

Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich
I take Sergei Pavlovich at -225. He has a weak armpit slam and an excellent head coach. Pavlovich can ruin the opposition.

Price vs. Rowe
I appoint Niko Price at -140. He has a talented stamina. Price won't operate the masterpiece.

Anders vs. Daukaus
I am enamored with Kyle Daukaus at -225. He has a vicious right hand. Daukaus must bully the production.

Johnson vs. Diakiese
I fancy Marc Diakiese at -330. He has an integral palm block and a quintessential counter left. Diakiese ought to modulate the production. Cash me outside!

Hermansson vs. Dolidze
I am taking Jack Hermansson at -190. He has a brilliant mounted elbow drop and a sincere facebuster. Hermansson could vaccinate the dark horse. So say we all!

"This is the droid you're looking for."

righthandsouthpaw
righthandsouthpaw
  • Predictions:  407  |  66.3%
  • Post Score: 100

12.03.2022 | 6:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 3642nd

Thompson vs. Holland
Kevin Holland, TKO, R3
Originally felt like Kevin would want to get back into the winning column via throwing hands for a round or so and then taking this to the ground to get probably another d'arce or anaconda. However after watching them sit down and talk to each other I believe this will be very much like Buckley vs Holland however with minimal risk of Holland losing. (most confident pick H2H)

dos Anjos vs. Barberena
Rafael dos Anjos, SUB
Sorry to say but I don't think Barbs is going to fare well in this one, never really had one punch knockout power and that's what he needs to get this done. Dos Anjos tires him out and gets the RNC

Nicolau vs. Schnell
Matt Schnell, SUB, R2
Hoping my boi gets up, unlikely but probably one of the better chance dogs on this one

Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R2
Tai gets punched, tai wobbles, Tai punches Sergei to sleep town. (patriotic as)

Hermansson vs. Dolidze
Jack Hermansson, DEC
Levels to this thing

Anders vs. Daukaus
Kyle Daukaus, TKO
Too much bulk, should be LHW

Price vs. Rowe
Philip Rowe, TKO, R2
Unsure

Hill vs. Ducote
Emily Ducote, DEC
I believe she is a lot fresher, not confident

Guida vs. Holtzman
Clay Guida, DEC
Guida to hopfully grind out another one

Johnson vs. Diakiese
Marc Diakiese, DEC
Patrick grinds out a decision via youthfullness and desire. (2nd most confident pick H2H)

Elkins vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, SUB
Hoping Darren comes out there and does his thing but I think Jonathan is just a little too good for him imo

Levy vs. Valdéz
Genaro Valdéz, TKO, R1
Genaro looks like a pretty good dog here, similiar age, more power, good chin and a willingness to trade.

Marshall vs. Rojo
Francis Marshall, DEC
Marshall via decision 80% likeliness, hard to back someone without a fight in the ufc and marcelo keeps people honest.

Jauregui vs. Nunes
Yazmin Jauregui, DEC
Tempted to go Nunes just because of experience here and resume but nah

"“I figured something out. The future is unpredictable.” ― John Green"

Page 48

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 182 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Kendra McIntyre vs. Katarina Legorreta - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the LFA 182 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Katarina Legorreta 69% Kendra McIntyre 31%
  • Katarina Legorreta (2-0-0) CA, US is the #30th Womens Pound for Pound in US West.
  • Kendra McIntyre (2-1-0) CO, US is the #142nd Womens Pound for Pound in United States.
  • LFA 182 features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota