Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Holland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,055
  • Post Score: 47

08.02.2022 | 8:54 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.03.2022 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Holland
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Orlando
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Amway Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • Attendance: 17,065
  • TV Ratings: 1.014M avg. viewers (877k prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Stephen Thompson   defeats   Kevin Holland   via KO/TKO, Retirement   5:00 Round 4 of 5, 20:00 Total Bout Page
Rafael dos Anjos   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:20 Round 2 of 3, 8:20 Total Bout Page
Matheus Nicolau   defeats   Matt Schnell   via KO/TKO, Punch to Ground and Pound   1:44 Round 2 of 3, 6:44 Total Bout Page
Sergei Pavlovich   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Roman Dolidze   defeats   Jack Hermansson   via KO/TKO, Punches From Back Control   4:06 Round 2 of 3, 9:06 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Kyle Daukaus   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:45 Round 2 of 3, 7:45 Total Bout Page
Phil Rowe   defeats   Niko Price   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:26 Round 3 of 3, 13:26 Total Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Emily Ducote   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Clay Guida   defeats   Scott Holtzman   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Johnson   defeats   Marc Diakiese   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Pearce   defeats   Darren Elkins   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Natan Levy   defeats   Genaro Valdéz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Francis Marshall   defeats   Marcelo Rojo   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:14 Round 2 of 3, 6:14 Total Bout Page
Yazmin Jauregui   defeats   Istela Nunes   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:06 Round 2 of 3, 9:06 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 38

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,327  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

12.02.2022 | 11:57 AM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

Admittedly, I have a bit invested in Hermansson... but I'm not sure it was as bad as it seems.  I think he was more worried about getting down in time.  Which you're right, he is usually pretty good about it.  He is getting a little older and may need to change it up.  But he didn't look sucked out, so that is good.  Roman will have a puncher's chance.  I just think if Jack fights the same plan he fought with Chris Curtis, that this is not going to be a good outcome for Dolidze.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,090
  • Post Score: 88

12.02.2022 | 11:58 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 345th

That’s a good point about the time actually. I forgot he was cutting it really close with time 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

12.02.2022 | 11:59 AM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

Also, let's be honest.  Not a good look when your short notice replacement nails his cut and is rehydrating while you have had all of this time to dial it in with your camp and you are messing about towards the end of the time...

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.02.2022 | 12:00 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 844th

Does anyone thing that Holland is being overestimated?  He is out there more because of his personality.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

12.02.2022 | 12:01 PM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

He is going to have 32+ hours to recover.  That is huge.

* Edited at 12.02.2022, 12:01 PM ET *

theproishiphop
theproishiphop

12.02.2022 | 12:04 PM ET

rappinpapsoda

I think the hardcore MMA fans know that on the feet, this favors Wonderboy in 5 rounds unless Holland clips him and works his reach to his full advantage.  I think Holland is capable of winning on the feet but unless he just mauls him somehow, the best path for Kevin is working in the takedowns.  Kevin and his corner are going to need to be aware and cognizant of the "moment" to be honest about where the judges may or may not be with the scoring.  It could be pretty easy for him to think he is up trading with Wonderboy when it isn't such. 

But honestly, all of that being said... the real fear with me backing Holland is that he is so god damn unpredictable.  He has the ability to win this fight but will he do the things he needs to or just talk all fight?  I don't know with him lol.

* Edited at 12.02.2022, 12:19 PM ET *

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

12.02.2022 | 12:05 PM ET

🌊

* Edited at 12.02.2022, 12:18 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 week, 17 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
theproishiphop
theproishiphop

12.02.2022 | 12:17 PM ET

Oh, Prison Mike.

Why did you delete your verse!? lol.

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

12.02.2022 | 12:18 PM ET

What verse?

This user is suspended from posting until 1 week, 17 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
theproishiphop
theproishiphop

12.02.2022 | 12:20 PM ET

Oh no verse

Just the post you have now edited twice, ya boob!  Get back to Scranton or Colorado with your wife!

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,090
  • Post Score: 88

12.02.2022 | 1:03 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 345th

Cortez vs Ribas just got cancelled. Medical issue for cortez

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Zackwarlick
Zackwarlick
  • Predictions:  2,062  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 131

12.02.2022 | 1:06 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1445th

I just saw the weigh in results and that looked like a tough cut for hermansson that dolidze by ko looking alittle juicy
papuhart
papuhart
  • Predictions:  264  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  741
  • Post Score: 123

12.02.2022 | 1:19 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3934th

schnell's gonna lose this. weight cut looks awful

"conceive believe achieve"

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,758
  • Post Score: -18

12.02.2022 | 1:23 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 560 Points   |   Tied for 1189th

that diakiese line moving all over the place on my site, any background juice on that matchup i've missed?
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,551  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

12.02.2022 | 1:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 1555th

Thompson vs. Holland
Stephen Thompson, DEC
I'm shocked by how many people are picking Holland by KO, I think Wonderboy plays it safe enough to pick him apart for 3 rounds

dos Anjos vs. Barberena
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R3
Bryan is gonna make this one ugly and overwhelm him with volume

Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich
Sergei Pavlovich, TKO, R1
Pavlovich's reach advantage and heavy jab will put Tuivasa on the back foot, he'll get sat down and finished on the ground. Bummer

Anders vs. Daukaus
Kyle Daukaus, SUB, R1
Ya Boi is gonna shoot a double leg and get caught in a D'Arce

Elkins vs. Pearce
Darren Elkins, TKO, R2
TIME FOR SOME DAMAGE

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,602  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  163
  • Post Score: 140

12.02.2022 | 1:35 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3460th

Thompson vs. Holland
Stephen Thompson, DEC
I kept going back and forth with this one but I'm gonna keep my original pick and take Wonderboy. I think Thompson can keep his distance and pick Holland apart from the outside for 5 rounds. Holland could should for takedowns but I think Wonderboy can stuff most of them or get back up quickly. I know Wonderboy has iffy takedown defense but Holland is no Burns or Belal. I don't think Wonderboy is washed yet and I think it's a close fight but he should get the job done.

dos Anjos vs. Barberena
Rafael dos Anjos, DEC
Rinse and repeat takedowns every round for RDA. Barberena isn't that good but he has heart and grit which won't be enough here unless RDA is actually washed.

Nicolau vs. Schnell
Matheus Nicolau, TKO, R2
Schnell is live to lock up a submission here but I'm leaning heavily towards Nicolau. Schnell was rocked like 10 times in his last fight before subbing Su. Matheus will put him away if Schnell relies on his chin again here.

Tuivasa vs. Pavlovich
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R2
I'm actually gonna lean Tai here. Pavlovich is very good but he is untested and the last time he was tested he got wrecked by Overeem. Tai has heart and can take a punch and he almost knocked Gane out which is wild. I wouldn't be shocked if Sergei finds the finish here but I can't back him against a beast in Tuivasa.

Hermansson vs. Dolidze
Jack Hermansson, DEC
Hermansson has good striking, way better than his opponent here. Dolidze has ok striking but it's mainly just power punches. I think Jack can take him down with ease and just lay and pray for 3 rounds. He's not subbing Roman.

Anders vs. Daukaus
Kyle Daukaus, SUB, R2
Even though Anders is much physically stronger than Kyle, I see Daukaus locking up a sub at some point in this fight. I think Kyle makes this look easier than people are saying.

Price vs. Rowe
Niko Price, DEC
Price is gonna rush into Rowe and they're gonna brawl. Rowe has that long reach and range but Niko won't let him utilize it and he could even take Rowe down at will. Gonna be close but give me Price.

Hill vs. Ducote
Emily Ducote, DEC
Ducote has nasty leg kicks which she showed off against Penne in her UFC debut. I think she does the same thing here with Hill and passes this test. She's looking like a bright prospect on the rise. She struggled at the beginning of her career which is why her record is kinda bad but this is a fight she really should win.

Guida vs. Holtzman
Clay Guida, DEC
Guida rinse and repeat with takedowns. I don't know why Holtzman came back. Guida isn't that good but he still somewhat has it. We have no idea about Holtzman. Scott could come out here and wreck him for all we know.

Johnson vs. Diakiese
Marc Diakiese, DEC
I'll be rooting for Johnson in this fight. Diakiese is a kickboxer turned wrestler and his fights are boring now but he doesn't care because he gets the job done. I'm curious to see if MJ can stuff a couple of takedowns and keep it standing. He has the power to put Marc away.

Elkins vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, TKO, R2
Pearce ground and pound coming up. He's way better than Elkins. They're pretty much the same exact fighter but Pearce should have a much better career. The line on this is kinda crazy though because even though Pearce is better and usually has good cardio, we have seen him slow down in his fight with Rodriguez and Elkins will keep pushing that pace unless you get him out of there.

Cortez vs. Ribas
Tracy Cortez, DEC
This fight just got canceled but I was gonna take Cortez to win a very close decision. I don't like the way Ribas gets taken down and just accepts bottom position most times. Ribas is the better striker though.

Levy vs. Valdéz
Genaro Valdéz, TKO, R1
Valdez crashes into the pocket against Levy early and knocks him out. Both guys have horrible cardio and Levy is super overrated.

Marshall vs. Rojo
Marcelo Rojo, TKO, R1
Marshall has never faced a guy like Rojo. Yeah, Rojo is on a losing streak but he went to war with Jourdain before gassing out. I wasn't impressed by Marshall on the Contender Series at all because his opponent was trash and had some opportunities on the feet.

Jauregui vs. Nunes
Yazmin Jauregui, TKO, R3
Nunes gases like always and gets finished. Yazmin is a monster and future contender.

akc_47
akc_47
  • Predictions:  6,148  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  144
  • Post Score: 90

12.02.2022 | 2:17 PM ET

No more ufc betting in Ontario Canada

Thanks to James Krause, ruined the fun of watching and betting ufc for all of us here. 

"If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,596  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,522
  • Post Score: 13

12.02.2022 | 2:20 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 3642nd

Take some chances and leave the country. 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,478
  • Post Score: -57

12.02.2022 | 2:22 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 595 Points   |   Tied for 783rd

And there it goes... fight cancellations start...

Why can't we have nice things

"Positivity is a positive"

paulopasta
paulopasta

12.02.2022 | 2:37 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 2237th

Cortez has a tough cut to 125 so my guess is that it’s related to that

Page 38

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida