Topic: UFC 273

UFC 273: Volkanovski vs. Korean Zombie

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,019
  • Post Score: 47

12.18.2021 | 1:26 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 273
  • Saturday 04.09.2022 at 06:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $3,550,053
  • Attendance: 14,605
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 791k avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Chan Sung Jung   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   0:45 Round 4 of 5, 15:45 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Petr Yan   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Gilbert Burns   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Tecia Torres   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mark Madsen   defeats   Vinc Pichel   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ian Machado Garry   defeats   Darian Weeks   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Anthony Hernandez   defeats   Josh Fremd   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raquel Pennington   defeats   Aspen Ladd   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mike Malott   defeats   Mickey Gall   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:41 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Aleksei Oleinik   defeats   Jared Vanderaa   via Submission, Neck Crank From Scarf Hold   3:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Piera Rodriguez   defeats   Kay Hansen   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julio Arce   defeats   Daniel Santos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 41

Bish Picks
Bish Picks
  • Predictions:  2,368  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 190

04.05.2022 | 2:38 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 4837th

Agreed just a matter of it coming to fruition or not but who knows what Mike looks like if he can't get an early finish!
Bish Picks
Bish Picks
  • Predictions:  2,368  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 190

04.05.2022 | 2:38 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 4837th

lol ya the favourites have been pretty chalky over the last few events, a lot of -500 lines recently
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,386  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,337
  • Post Score: 129

04.05.2022 | 2:48 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 2402nd

Yeah lots of whacky lines this card. I have several bets on fighters I think are more likely to lose than win.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

04.05.2022 | 2:49 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1987th

Trying to get these ridiculous lines down with some props, how's this three leg:

Vok-Zombie Over 2.5 
Burns-Chimaev doesnt go the distance  
Yan 

Brings it to +120.
gliese58i
gliese58i

04.05.2022 | 2:51 PM ET

Maybe there's a lot of new money coming into MMA betting? Or it could just be variance. I also feel favorites been getting chalky lately.
My hope is it's a million new bettors that go for big parlay plays. Would be nice if every week was like this.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

trackandfield
trackandfield
  • Predictions:  11,993  |  74.8%
  • Forum Posts:  723
  • Post Score: 234

04.05.2022 | 2:56 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 761st

Very excited for this week since this will be my first time attending a combat sports event.
theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

04.05.2022 | 2:59 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3886th

With all of the favorites winning this year, a lot of bookies are getting killed and it's a reason a lot of popular fight lines are getting started where they have been.  It's why I am being cautious taking dogs and watching the lines closely before parlaying these chalky favorites.  They are trying to confuse us.

* Edited at 04.05.2022, 3:01 PM ET *

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

gliese58i
gliese58i

04.05.2022 | 3:02 PM ET

Askarov didn't win. I made 15u that card

Touloum
Touloum
  • Predictions:  270  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 147

04.05.2022 | 3:03 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 3367th

I have refined my parlay and this what I’m going with after attempting to get decent value with these lines

+6200
Julio Arce ML
Rozenstruik KO/TKO
Khamzat KO/TKO 
Petr Yan decision
Alex Volk KO/TKO

If it makes it to petr hedging will ensue 
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

04.05.2022 | 3:10 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1987th

Volk by KO as the last leg of a five leg parlay... wooboy. Good luck.
DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  401  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  818
  • Post Score: 162

04.05.2022 | 3:33 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 2081st

Volkanovski vs. Jung
Alexander Volkanovski, TKO, R4
Let's be honest. TKZ is a legend but he's outmatched here. Volk has proven to be a dominant and worthy champ and I don't see any area where TKZ is better than him at this point in their careers. He has the power and submissions in his arsenal to pull off a wild upset but I see Volk getting the finish late

Sterling vs. Yan II
Petr Yan, DEC
The first fight Yan was up 2 rounds to 1 and was on his way to being up 3-1 and Sterling was continuing to fade. Sterling looks to be in great shape for this fight but it won't be enough. 48-47 Yan

Burns vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R2
This is tough because no one has ever seen Chimaev tested. We know what Burns brings to the table. He has power in his hands, great wrestling, and elite Jui-Jitsu. Chimaev has shown great power in his hands as well, has elite wrestling and is smothering on the ground. I think Chimaev is just too big and strong for an ex lightweight. Burns survives a round but either gets knocked out cold on the feet or smothered on the ground then pounded til the ref steps in. Chimaev is just so aggressive and his wrestling should be able to negate Burns' Jui-Jitsu.

Dern vs. Torres
Tecia Torres, DEC
Horrible matchup for Dern. Her only path to victory here is to take Torres down and submit her. Torres has great takedown defense and has never been finished in her MMA career. She does tend to throw a lot of kicks so Dern may land a takedown or two and steal a round but she won't be able to keep her there. Torres by 29-28 UD

Garry vs. Weeks
Ian Garry, TKO, R2
Garry will try to keep distance and touch Weeks up. Weeks controls him for a the majority of the 1st against the cage. Ian Garry didn't get to show off his wrestling and ground game in his debut but if you watched him in Cage Warriors he looks in his element on the ground. I think he shows he's the complete package and gets the ground and pound TKO here in round 2.

Rozenstruik vs. Tybura
Jairzinho Rozenstruik, TKO, R1
Tybura got touched a lot in the first round by Greg Hardy and Walt Harris and managed to weather the storm and use his wrestling and ground and pound to get the wins. If Jairzinho touches him early he's taking a nap.

Ladd vs. Pennington
Raquel Pennington, DEC
Aspen Ladd looked bad her last time out even though that was at 145. She hasn't fought at 135 since 2019 and Raquel Pennington has looked great as of late. She's strung together 3 straight victories, 2 of those coming at 135. Her only losses have come to past champions or title challengers and is extremely underrated. She should be able to defend the takedowns and let her hands go against Aspen Ladd for a 30-27 UD.

"My balls was hot"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,799  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,188
  • Post Score: 192

04.05.2022 | 3:47 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 1234th

Gall vs. Malott
Mike Malott, TKO, R2
Gall started out with a lot of press after beating CM Punk and Super Sage, but he was never able to maintain a steady pace in his career. Although Gall improved his striking, he could never do the same with his strength and cardio: I remember seeing Gall hurt Diego Sanchez and then run out of cardio in the first 3 minutes of round 1 and be finished in the second round by ground and pound , and I also remember Gall dominating Mike Perry in the first round and Gall ending up exhausted in the second round and looking to fall behind in scrambles against Platinum. Malott took advantage of his inactivity, changing weight classes as he became a striking coach in TAM. I'm not saying that Malott is coming to the UFC to become a title contender in 2 years, but I see him taking advantage of the limitations that he has presented throughout Gall's career and even finishing him by TKO in the second half of the fight.

Pichel vs. Madsen
Mark Madsen, DEC
In my opinion Madsen will go back to the roots in this fight, in the past Pichel had problems with high level wrestlers like Gregor Gillespie and Rustam Khabilov, plus in his last fight Pinchel was taken down a total of 4 of 7 times by Hubbard ( same fighter that Madsen took down 8 times in 2 rounds). Vinc Pichel has better striking, but with a 25% takedown defense against an Olympic Wrestler like Madsen (with 60% TDA and 9 takedowns in the UFC) I see the Dane clearly taking the first 2 rounds and potential scorecards of 29-28x2 , 30-27.

Hernandez vs. Fremd
Josh Fremd, TKO, R1
I think this is the right fight for the preliminaries, 2 finishers: Hernandez 8 wins (2 KO, 6 SUB) and Fremd 9 wins (4 KO, 3 SUB). Both fighters have strengths and things to improve, and for the duration of the fight it will be a frenetic show ideal for fans to get in tune with the event. Although Hernandez has more experience, I think Fremd should capitalize on body shots: in the past Holland managed to finish Hernandez with a knee to the body, but also Markus Perez managed to hurt Hernandez badly with a body kick going from this to the scramble that allowed him to get the submission for anaconda choke. At the beginning of the fight Hernandez is going to press but I think that at some point in the first round both will be in the clinch and there Fremd should take the opportunity to connect knee to the body or some powerful hook to the body that allows him to debut with a First Round TKO win.

Rodriguez vs. Hansen
Piera Rodriguez, DEC
In this fight my objectivity may be compromised because although Piera Rodriguez is from Venezuela, she started and did 90% of her career in Panama and clearly I am rooting for her because a successful debut in the UFC is also an indirect victory. for MMA in my country (And our fighter development system). But objectively, much of the success that Hansen can have in a fight depends on how much her wrestling can impose and against Piera Rodriguez she faces a fighter with a good level of wrestling and who has an advantage in striking. In addition, I consider that different situations around Hansen imply that as a fighter at this moment she is not 100% herself, instead she will face a fighter 100% focused on giving her best performance in the octagon. In my opinion Rodriguez will take a clear decision and with a 3 losing streak Hansen will probably become a full time OF girl

Arce vs. Santos
Julio Arce, SUB, R3
Arce is a very complete fighter (champion of golden gloves, decent wrestling and a threat with his submission game), I'm pretty sure that when Santos tries his spinning attacks Arce will take the opportunity to take him to the ground (in the same way that Graverly did with Saimon Oliveira ). Arce is coming off a tough loss against Yadong, but this is a good fight to get back into the win column, I see Arce getting a finish in the final rounds or winning by wide decision

* Edited at 04.05.2022, 3:53 PM ET *

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Twitchwalker
Twitchwalker
  • Predictions:  395  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 86

04.05.2022 | 3:55 PM ET

Sorry sterling

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 4140th

Aljo did good in rounds one and two but thefade was becoming real.  Petr really had his timing and was starting put it all together a finish was coming.... this fight he wont play with his food....

Winner pet yan by murder

"SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, MEAN WHAT YOU SAY"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

04.05.2022 | 4:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 3318th

Burns vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, DEC
I think Chimaev will win a decision, Burns is a high level blackbelt so I don't think he going to get finish on the ground, I think Khamzat will maul him on the ground still, But I think it last 15, I think the way Khamzat finishes Burns if it does happen is knockout on the feet, It could happen, But I don't think it happens

Garry vs. Weeks
Ian Garry, TKO, R1
This is more of a general vibe pick, Getting beat up by William for 4:50 of a 4:55 fight isn't the best look in the world, But he landed the punch fair enough, But I think Garry is just going to have a good performance and having a step down in compution is a smart move by the UFC to help kept the Garry train moving, A bet on Weeks ain't dumb at the line, But at the same time I think Weeks will lose

Pichel vs. Madsen
Vinc Pichel, DEC
I like Pichel, I get why people pick Madson, He's a 11-0 and went to the olympics, But I think he's not as good as the resume say's he is, He a good wrestler for about a round before he tires out, But their 2 more rounds and Pichel is strong and hit's hard,

* Edited at 04.05.2022, 4:34 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

dillperry
dillperry
  • Predictions:  948  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 139

04.05.2022 | 5:26 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 3055th

Volkanovski vs. Jung
Alexander Volkanovski, DEC
Volk being this high of a favorite tells me Vegas didn’t want the Chimaev, Yan, Volk parlay to be worth anything. TKZ has a chance in this fight since Volk can be knocked down. Still I think Volk puts on a striking clinic and outstrikes him for 5 rounds.

Sterling vs. Yan II
Petr Yan, TKO, R4
I’m getting a weird feeling Sterling gets a weird scramble and choke out Yan. Still I think this is going to look similar to the first fight. Sterling keeps mentioning how he’s going to be more reserved and not blow out his gas tank. If that’s the case it’s going to put him at disadvantage. I really believe the only way to beat Yan is to get too far ahead of him before he can catch up. If Sandhagen couldn’t do it I don’t see Sterling doing it either.

Burns vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R1
Burns just might be too small for this guy. Yes he’s a great BJJ guy but so far is Khamzat’s UFC career he’s looked unbeatable. Something’s gotta give in Chimaev whether that’s his chin, cardio, or something. It’s hard to find these things when he’s finishing fights in the first round and doesn’t get hit. I give Burns enough respect to be able to survive on the ground but his chin worries me.

* Edited at 04.05.2022, 5:30 PM ET *

gliese58i
gliese58i

04.05.2022 | 5:34 PM ET

So I went through Galls latest couple of fights and while he's not great I don't think he's the garbage fighter a lot of people hold him as. You can see that his striking has been getting better and he always had some grappling skills. The main issue he has is his poor cardio. Still, I think he won the 3rd round vs Morono and he wasn't gassed out there even though he tired in the 2nd per usual. Obviously he stopped Williams quickly and he took the 1st round vs Perry before gassing in that one.

Malott has no victories outside of the 1st round. He has a draw that went the distance but who the hell knows what this guy looks like in later rounds?

Too bad I won't be able to livebet this fight as it has potential there. Any prebets would be a complete shot in the dark but no way you bet the chalk on this one.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,061
  • Post Score: 88

04.05.2022 | 5:41 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 2322nd

I just bet FDGTD on that one since I can’t decide who wins. It’s so annoying cuz i would be confident if malott had at least gone the distance before (he has once but it was a draw so I’m assuming he 10-8’d first round and then lost the other two)

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

piffjames508
piffjames508
  • Predictions:  2,329  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  225
  • Post Score: 60

04.05.2022 | 6:01 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 3069th

i have gall by sub that size dif and in the words of the goofy FNP brothers never bet on or against the canadian grappler youll always get your moneys worth

"its common sense"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

04.05.2022 | 7:23 PM ET

Sterling is ******

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 3246th

At the end of days, it was at dawn’s first light that Aijamain crawled from the depths and beached itself upon our shores. MMA fans worked tirelessly to save the village from certain damnation, by pushing it’s bloated, odorous corpse from which it came, for if left unchecked it would certainly spread festering disease, extinguishing all life on the island. 

But lo, it was not meant to be. 

For after they had pushed Aijamain’s rotting corpse back into the ocean to where they could take their eyes off it that they realized there was not one, nor two, but FIVE FESTERING DECAYING AIJAMAIN STERLINGS across the beach, solidifying the village’s extinction. Bodies though they were, it could not be said if these foul veiny sacks of human flesh had ever inhaled the breath of human life. To call the Aijamains anything other than a putrid sense of pure other, beyond noble, beyond the concept of absolute pain, would simply be incomprehensible. The thing they call home, five they were. And in the village’s eye, they reflected. 

May god have mercy on us. 

Yan via R5 KO
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, and 26 minutes from now.
BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,779  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 44

04.05.2022 | 7:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 3143rd

Pichel vs. Madsen
Vinc Pichel, DEC
50/50 dog or pass

Page 41

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'