Topic:

Roster

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

porkchop4
porkchop4
  • Predictions:  2,456  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 125

06.21.2014 | 4:21 PM ET

All great suggestions for the roster, though Gaudinot is in the Flyweight roster. It's unfortunate that so many have had to be left out of the game due to a surging roster and the fact that Pride mode was removed.

Responses

BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.21.2014 | 5:39 PM ET

good idea

this is mine
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

06.22.2014 | 2:34 PM ET

Dillashaw didn't make it? That's a travesty. Guy's been top 15 at least for over a year now.

* Edited at 06.22.2014, 2:34 PM ET *

BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.22.2014 | 2:42 PM ET

pat barrys in the game lol   . don't understand why and who would want to play as him he is a hobbit in heavyweight
amp112
amp112

06.22.2014 | 2:59 PM ET

I don't know why EA will go out of their way to put the 3rd string right offensive guard on the Bengals, but they won't put several top ten fighters per division. 

Just put em all. Even guys like Seth Baczynski, Al Iaquinta, and Thales Leites deserve to be in the game.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,363  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

06.22.2014 | 3:12 PM ET

At the very least I would have liked all top 10 fighters per division included. Top 15 would have been nice. But hey. EA has promised free roster updates, but I'm expecting nothing from them really. I don't expect a large number of new additions. Just guys like Dillashaw, Brown, Woodley, Miocic, etc. And those guys would be nice additions, but the roster needs alot of work.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.22.2014 | 3:14 PM ET

just don't get why pat barrys in the game he isn't even in the ufc . its not like people went out of there way to play him in the old ufc game

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.22.2014 | 4:06 PM ET

I think they based who they made a point of getting in via counting Twitter followers (or some other basic gauge of popularity).

They put all the champs in (little did they know) and then started putting in the popular ones ... not a bad Idea and in a changing scene you can't make it perfect ... when they started programming the game he was still in the UFC and one of its most popular fighters.

You know I'm gonna play him and spam leg kicks to take Cain's belt ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

amp112
amp112

06.22.2014 | 4:22 PM ET

Pat Barry has also been in the previous 2 games. I bet they started thinking "okay, We can make Stipe Miocic OR we can either throw all Pat Barry's specs in there and not have to completely make a new fighter"

Since EA bought all the **** from THQ, that is very plausible.
porkchop4
porkchop4

06.22.2014 | 9:57 PM ET

Yeah it is weird how EA did this game. It seems like they aimed low with it knowing it would sell well, and they could then build up in the following years, which apparently they have done with other sports games on the first go around. But it's more perplexing seeing as they've had around 2 years from the last UFC game to this to get the roster looking good, now while there has been quite a bit of expansion with the roster as Strikeforce was bought out and the addition of two weight classes, there seems to be a lot of room to improve upon. I really do hope for some fighter packs, but knowing this is EA they will probably cost a little chunk of change.
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.25.2014 | 10:35 PM ET

bruce lee pack is 5£ nearly I might get it sometime but I don't know if I would get others unless it had people like fedor or ken shamrock or top 10 fighters not in the game
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.25.2014 | 10:37 PM ET

I heard somewhere matt metrione was going to be in this game was nearly sure I seen a screen shoot somewhere . seen a few I think
porkchop4
porkchop4

06.26.2014 | 12:50 AM ET

I thought there was a news story about a year ago about something near 150 guys were at EA getting facial and body scans done for the game. Yet the final product maybe has 100 guys, which leads me to think there are going to be a few DLC packs. Bruce Lee is a strong and fast fighter in the game but it was crappy for EA to sell each weight class version of him separately or as a bundle. Luckily I got him and Royce Gracie free since i preordered the game.

Overall the game is pretty bare bones in terms of what it offers, especially in comparison to Undisputed 3. It basically has fight now, online, and career along with the training stuff. It seems like EA was purposely releasing a lesser quality game content wise as to have something to build upon in future years and as a way to further distance itself from the Undisputed games. Now granted I am enjoying the game and it looks incredible, but the ground work can use some retooling as even the best grapplers look like idiots when the CPU gets on top of you, and when looking back on everything Undisputed 3 offered, it kinda pales in comparison content-wise.
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.26.2014 | 4:13 PM ET

I hope that they do a pride champions pack 1 fighter in each div that held a title in pride  maybe
BORD3RLIN3
BORD3RLIN3

06.26.2014 | 4:21 PM ET

also think gina carano ( however its spelt ) should of been in the womans class since they went with fan base
porkchop4
porkchop4

07.23.2014 | 11:48 PM ET

Well they finally started with the free DLC adding Dillashaw, Mizugaki, and Woodley. They also made it so you can land some finishing punches once your opponent gets knocked down, like in the last game.
TheElementDefeat
TheElementDefeat
  • Predictions:  76  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  188
  • Post Score: -425

07.24.2014 | 12:40 AM ET

don't like how they have made it so you don't recover stamina wen u have your  guard up . makes it so easy for people that pick jon jones and spam kick ur body . will ake getting used too but isn't a game changer
This user is suspended from posting until 3 months, 1 week, 5 days, 16 hours, and 7 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Preview: 26 Random Tidbits, Facts And Storylines
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’