Preliminary Card | Welterweight · 170 lbs | MMA
Mike Pierce defeats Paul Bradley via 3 Round Decision
|12-4-0||Pro Record At Fight||18-3-0|
|Climbed to 13-4||Record After Fight||Fell to 18-4|
|-340 (Moderate Favorite)||Betting Odds||+280 (Moderate Underdog)|
|United States||Nationality||United States|
|Portland, Oregon||Fighting out of||San Diego, California|
|31 years, 2 months, 1 week, 4 days||Age at Fight||28 years, 4 months, 4 weeks, 2 days|
|171.0 lbs (77.6 kgs)||Weigh-In Result||171.0 lbs (77.6 kgs)|
|5'8" (173cm)||Height||5'9" (176cm)|
|71.0" (180cm)||Reach||72.0" (183cm)|
|Sports Lab||Gym||Alliance MMA|
- Bout Information
- Event: UFC on FOX 1: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos
- Date: Saturday 11.12.2011 at 09:00 PM ET
- Referee: Larry Landless
- Venue: Honda Center
- Enclosure: Octagon
- Location: Anaheim, California, United States
- Bout Billing: Preliminary Card (fight 2 of 10)
- Pro/Am: Professional
- Weight: 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
- TV Commentary: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
- Broadcast: Aired Live on Prelims
- Post-Fight Interviewer: Joe Rogan
- Bradley Total Disclosed Pay: $18,000
- Pierce Total Disclosed Pay: $36,000
Bradley vs. Pierce II Wiki Update Wiki
In the second bout of UFC on FOX 1, Paul Bradley took on Mike Pierce in the welterweight division.
Bradley looked for a takedown early, Pierce defended, and then Bradley landed a nice left hand. Pierce began to take control of several of the striking exchanges, including a solid right. Bradley held his own standing and looked to have improved his striking game. Bradley shot for a takedown, nearly had Pierce down, and worked to hold onto back position as Pierce powered back to his feet.
Pierce pressed the action in the second round, landing on a combination and clinching up. Bradley broke free with a left hook and looked prepared with his dirty boxing. Pierce landed a jab and looked to have the better conditioning as the fight wore on. A slight cut was opened up on Bradley's forehead in a round that appeared to go Pierce's way.
The third round produced little action for the first two minutes, prompting referee Larry Landless to break apart a clinch. The fighters promptly got back into the clinch, then Piece landed nicely with a low kick and some right hands. Bradley landed a takedown and held tightly to Pierce's legs as he worked to secure the position. Pierce broke free before Bradley gained top control and they were back standing with a minute remaining. A final big exchange where both fighters connected.
The judges scored the bout 29-28 Bradley, 30-27 Pierce, and 29-28 Pierce, for the winner via split decision, Mike Pierce.
Bradley vs. Pierce II Fight Predictions
Bradley vs. Pierce II Fighter Tweets
If fighters from this bout were talking on Twitter before or after the fight, this is where you can find it. Below are all the Tweets we've recorded near the date of the bout.
- I swear this has been the longest flight EVER from LAX to PDX. But I'm home :)
- 1 day, 5 hours, and 8 minutes
- Finally on the plane getting ready to head back home to Portland.
- 1 day, 2 hours, and 43 minutes
- Haha we have a police escort to the Honda Center. Another perk of being a fighter in the #UFC
- 2 hours and 13 minutes
- I'll be at the @SutraOC after party for #UFConFOX. See you there.
- 2 days, 21 hours, and 25 minutes
- Just got done working out at @HBUTC with @TikiGhosn and crew. Can't wait for the weekend.
- 3 days and 12 minutes