Topic:

Best entrances?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jbotter
jbotter
  • Predictions:  366  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 67

01.16.2012 | 5:36 PM ET

Created a new designed ranking: the top entrances in MMA history. 

What fighter entrance was the most memorable to you? What gave you chills? I'll never forget watching Randy Couture's entrance at UFC 129 at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, with the Canadian crowd waiting with baited breath for Couture to appear for his final fight. They built up the anticipation with a sublime video package, and then the giant screens above the Octagon showed an American flag with Couture's face superimposed over it as "Lunatic Fringe," the main song from the greatest wrestling movie of all time, began pumping over the arena. It was a special moment, one I will never forget.

And then there are Fedor Emelianenko's numerous entrances, with his ominous music and his steely demeanor. You always felt like you were about to see something truly special, and most of the time you did.

What are your ten greatest fighter entrances? I realize I left off Genki Sudo and Akihiro Gono and probably countless others. 

"Don't eat the red ones."

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

01.16.2012 | 6:05 PM ET

welcome to the forums!

"I live, I die, I live again."

jbotter
jbotter

01.16.2012 | 6:14 PM ET

Thank you. Appreciate it and I am glad to be here.

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

01.16.2012 | 6:50 PM ET

Genki Sudo should be on any entrance list, just a thought though.

the Hominick entrance in Toronto for his fight with Aldo was pretty damn awesome.  

Is this list for just a particular entrance or the ten best fighters with the overall best entrances????

* Edited at 01.16.2012, 6:52 PM ET *

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

01.16.2012 | 6:55 PM ET

This isn't an entrance but was one of the most AMAZING in fight chants in the history of hand to hand combat.  You could feel the electricity in the air coming thru your television straight from RIO

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

jbotter
jbotter

01.16.2012 | 6:56 PM ET

Just fighters with general entrances, because I couldn't figure out how to specify single entrances.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.16.2012 | 7:51 PM ET

When I think of entrances, I think of Tito vs Elvis.

"الله أكبرl"

fglop
fglop
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,061
  • Post Score: 150

01.16.2012 | 8:33 PM ET

Chris Leben coming out to Mad World is the best, with Vitor's entrance v. AS being second.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis previews ADXC 4 headliner: Marc Diakiese 'tough opposition, but I'm more than ready'
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch LFA's best fight finishes from April 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ In WWE?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL CEO Pete Murray: Jake Paul will make 'biggest MMA debut ever' likely in 2025
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Official Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Weigh-In Stream, Staredown
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis preview show: Will Derrick Lewis deliver another emphatic knockout? 
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen says UFC indicated title shot comes with Umar Nurmagomedov win, hopes for Sean O'Malley
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC on ESPN 56 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, Joaquin Buckley's money, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia poster released featuring Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Inks New BKFC Ownership Deal
  • UFC.com : Sean Woodson Wants To Make A Statement At Home
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier says UFC initially offered Paulo Costa in Rio, Nassourdine Imavov not what he wanted
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: 24 Fun Tidbits, Facts And Storylines!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis Gambling Preview: Will Derrick Lewis add another knockout to his UFC record?
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ‘Savage Mode’ Mike Tyson: ‘If I Was Jake Paul, I’d Be Sh*tting My Pants’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC St. Louis Ceremonial Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking
  • MMA Mania : Olympic Medalist, Knockout Machine, Future Champion?
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Reveals Earnings From UFC Video Games, How Fighters Get Paid