Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Aspinall

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,154
  • Post Score: 47

11.02.2021 | 3:38 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 03.19.2022 at 01:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+ | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Aspinall
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night London
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: 02 Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $4,500,000
  • Attendance: 17,081
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Alexander Volkov   via Submission, Straight Armlock   3:45 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Arnold Allen   defeats   Dan Hooker   via KO/TKO, Punches, Knees and Elbows   2:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Paddy Pimblett   defeats   Rodrigo Vargas   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gunnar Nelson   defeats   Takashi Sato   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Molly McCann   defeats   Luana Carolina   via KO/TKO, Spinning Back Elbow   1:52 Round 3 of 3, 11:52 Total Bout Page
Ilia Topuria   defeats   Jai Herbert   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   1:07 Round 2 of 3, 6:07 Total Bout Page
Makwan Amirkhani   defeats   Mike Grundy   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   0:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sergei Pavlovich   defeats   Shamil Abdurakhimov   via KO/TKO, Punch to Ground and Pound   4:03 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   Nikita Krylov   via Submission, Triangle Choke   3:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jack Shore   defeats   Timur Valiev   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elise Reed   defeats   Cory McKenna   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Cody Durden   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   0:58 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 32

J T M s i s h
J T M s i s h
  • Predictions:  215  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 312

03.17.2022 | 2:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 1447th

Volkov vs. Aspinall
Tom Aspinall, SUB, R3
Tom Aspinall - Volkov is a crazy tough fighter to prep for. He's super experienced and uses his height and reach well, even on the ground. The problem with experience however is there's a **** ton of tape on you. Tom's been in an MMA fight collectively less than Volkov's last headline fight in London. Tom's really quick, hits heavy, stays patient, has great footwork, has that jiu jitsu in his back pocket. He's our hope for our next UFC champion (except for Leon, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it). So long as Tom does blow his load early, he should be able to finish Volkov. 🔴 70% (DEC 21% - FIN 49%) 🔵 30% (DEC 18% - FIN 12%)

Allen vs. Hooker
Arnold Allen, DEC
Arnold Allen - Dan Hooker is easily Arnie's hardest test to date. Dan's a brawler and will stay in your face from bell to bell. Arnie is excellent at playing safe, using his strength when necessary, being patient and taking the fight where he wants. Arnie also waits until that final 10 second clap and then goes ******* mental. Dan's basically got to do what he did against Poirier to win this one. If Arnie plays it cool, he should get the judges nod at the end. 🔴 55% (DEC 45% - FIN 10%) 🔵 45% (DEC 30% - FIN 15%)

Pimblett vs. Vargas
Paddy Pimblett, SUB, R1
Paddy Pimblett - Vargas is tough, he's a gamer, he hits hard. He also has no idea what he's doing on the mat. My only worry for Paddy here is how much he gets hit and his weird belief that Scousers don't get knocked out. They can, they do, they often deserve it too - **** you, I'm a southerner, I'll say what I want. Paddy's jits however and his ability to clamp onto your back, sink in that body triangle and smash your face before applying that rear naked choke will win him this fight, and will do so in the first round. 🔴 65% (DEC 25% - FIN 40%) 🔵 35% (DEC 11% - FIN 24%)

Nelson vs. Sato
Gunnar Nelson, SUB, R2
Gunnar Nelson - So, is ring rust real? Pffftt, I don't think that matters for a guy that uses karate to set up his takedowns and suffocates his opponents. Takashi Sato has stepped in at the last minute and doesn't have much of a ground game. God bless him, but Iceland has this in the bag. Finally John Kavanaugh can get a win in the UFC again. 🔴 60% (DEC 25% - FIN 35%) 🔵 40% (DEC 20% - FIN 20%)

McCann vs. Carolina
Molly McCann, DEC
Molly McCann - Yeah... this is me willing Molly to win with positive thoughts and prayers. This is a really bad match up for her. Luana Carolina is an excellent kick boxer and has a sufficient muay thai style in close quarters. She's very similar to Gustafsson in how she gets out of danger, just a little more kick heavy in the offense. Molly has excellent boxing, her footwork is brilliant and she's very effective with her rolling overhands and hooks. She does have a habit of dipping her head mid combination, where Luana can just throw up a knee and potentially turn her lights off. What keeps Molly in it for me is the home crowd and how she feeds off it. God I hope she does it. Fights going to the judges too. 🔴 50% (DEC 35% - FIN 15%) 🔵 50% (DEC 22% - FIN 28%)

Herbert vs. Topuria
Jai Herbert, DEC
Jai Herbert - Okay, here's where you can call me biased. Obviously Illia is the better fighter. BUT, he's debuting at 155 against a lad with 4 inches of height and 8 inches of reach on him. If Jai can back Topuria up and have that octagon mat behind him instead of the cage Jai should be able to put those straight combos to use. Illia's best chance of winning is in the first round as he does start to fade by the end of the second. Jai is very smart with his energy and has that killer instinct on the feet. Bear in mind that prior to Trinaldo KOing him in his debut Jai was winning that fight 30-27 comfortably. I think Jai gets it done and he might even get that late finish too. 🔴 50% (DEC 34% - FIN 16%) 🔵 50% (DEC 18% - FIN 32%)

Grundy vs. Amirkhani
Mike Grundy, DEC
Mike Grundy - This fight will be dictated by the first round. Makwan has that mad man inside him that's super explosive and will throw all kinds of crazy **** - flying knees, superman punches, diving leg locks. HOWEVER, if Grundy survives the first round he wins. Grundy is a wrestler and should be able to nullify Makwan's attempts to mount or submit him. Grundy is a much more safer fighter than Makwan and (and this is the key factor) has a waaay better gas tank. Makwan will disappear by the 7 minute mark. Grundy has cardio for days. I don't think there will be a finish here. 🔴 55% (DEC 36% - FIN 19%) 🔵 45% (DEC 16% - FIN 29%)

Abdurakhimov vs. Pavlovich
Sergei Pavlovich, TKO, R2
Sergei Pavlovich - No one cares. Abdurakhimov is 40, Sergei is 29. Neither guy really deserves to be in the top 10, nor will they stay there. This could really go either way, Sergei doesn't have much of a ground game, but Shamil has no gas tank. They're both Russians. No one ******* cares. It's not going the distance though. 🔴 50% (DEC 7% - FIN 43%) 🔵 50% (DEC 16% - FIN 34%)

Krylov vs. Craig
Paul Craig, SUB, R3
Paul Craig - What. A. *******. Fight. I can't see this being anything other that a festival of blood and triangles. Krylov has that karate stand up style with a keen submission game. Paul Craig is Scotland's bootleg answer to Glover Texieira. This isn't an easy fight to predict as Paul is on an amazing run at the moment, but Nikita being not just Ukrainian but from the bit of Ukraine Russian is currently invading. We all saw that there was a fire lit under the arse of Moroz in the last PPV. however I've paid the price for not backing Paul. I don't think this one's going the distance. This is likely a parlay buster - stay away. 🔴 45% (DEC 10% - FIN 35%) 🔵 55% (DEC 15% - FIN 40%)

Shore vs. Valiev
Jack Shore, DEC
Jack Shore - So Valiev is a hard test for anyone at bantamweight however people forget that he's had to tame his stand up brawler-spinning **** style a bunch because of his first fight in the UFC (where he got knocked the **** out but Trevin Jones had some whacky baccy so it was made a no contest). Jack isn't as wicked-hot on the feet as he is on the ground but he's very smart with how he plays safe. I think Jack is going to struggle to do what he normally does in his other bouts as Timur has that combat sambo in his back pocket. I see this fight going the distance and Jack keeping his 0. 🔴 60% (DEC 39% - FIN 21%) 🔵 40% (DEC 22% - FIN 18%)

Reed vs. McKenna
Cory McKenna, DEC
Cory McKenna - So McKenna used to be an amateur weight lifter before turning to MMA. She trains at Alpha Male so she's used to seeing wrestlers on the mat on a regular basis. She's strong (obviously) and has that devastating ground & pound. Elise Reed had a crazy debut fighting up a weight class (125) against a chick that can barely make that weight, hard stuff man! Reed is chaotic and messy. She invites a brawl and looks a little like a female Kris Moutinho. This isn't exactly an easy test for Cory, but I think her strength and heavy top control in the scrambles will edge her a decision victory. 🔴 60% (DEC 36% - FIN 24%) 🔵 40% (DEC 28% - FIN 12%)

Mokaev vs. Durden
Muhammad Mokaev, SUB, R2
Muhammad Mokaev - Starting off the early evening is a debutant from Wigahstan. This young lad might only be 5-0(1NC) professionally but the lad is 23-0 in the amateurs and has a really well-rounded game, quality high kicks, very quick and is a leech on the mat. He's quick to sink his hooks in and tie you up with a devastating rear naked choke. Durden is a decent wrestler and might be able to stop some of the scrambling on the mat, but he's very one-dimensional. This is a great first fight for Muhammad in the UFC and he should get this one, most likely by submission finish. 🔴 60% (DEC 25% - FIN 35%) 🔵 40% (DEC 16% - FIN 24%)

"Seeking that perfect prediction for bants and bragging rights (and hopefully a little extra cash)."

HiDefff
HiDefff

03.17.2022 | 2:43 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 2693rd

I feel like I'm the only person taking Vargas. 
ArneK
ArneK
  • Predictions:  3,264  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  133
  • Post Score: 115

03.17.2022 | 2:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 705 Points   |   Tied for 163rd

Volkov vs. Aspinall
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R2
Aspinall with the speed in the stand up and maybe a TD to show of some jitz or GnP?

Allen vs. Hooker
Dan Hooker, DEC
Looking forward to this one. Think Hookers size will make the difference.

Pimblett vs. Vargas
Paddy Pimblett, SUB, R2
If Pimblett can survive the first explosive wild minutes he'll choke out a tired Vargas.

Nelson vs. Sato
Gunnar Nelson, SUB, R2
Same scenario as Herbert vs Topuria.

McCann vs. Carolina
Molly McCann, DEC
Lets go Meatball!

Herbert vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, SUB, R1
Early TD and then its done. Herbert got some nice hands but dont think he'll be able to use them.

Grundy vs. Amirkhani
Makwan Amirkhani, SUB, R1
Satana perkele anaconda chokinen.

Sergei Pavlovich, TKO, R1
One has a win streak on finishes and one has a losing streak on finishes. That will continue.

Krylov vs. Craig
Paul Craig, SUB, R1
Break a leg Bearjew, or an arm...

Shore vs. Valiev
Jack Shore, DEC
Super tough fight to bet but going with the younger guy.

Reed vs. McKenna
Cory McKenna, DEC
WMMA dec, no offense.

Mokaev vs. Durden
Muhammad Mokaev, SUB, R2
Wrassle to the RNC.

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,974  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 269

03.17.2022 | 2:57 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

@HiDefff you're the only person I've seen taking Vargas, how do you see him winning?

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,722  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,524
  • Post Score: 13

03.17.2022 | 2:58 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 541st

yea he parlayed him. idk why

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,657  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

03.17.2022 | 3:25 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2633rd

If I had to guess it's because he's fading Paddy. Paddy is definitely overrated in my opinion. 

The problem with fading him is he's fighting someone who doesn't look UFC level at all in Vargas. I'm assuming by looking at his record he got a 4 fight contract by taking the Silva fight on short notice. Not sure but it seems like it. I would say Vendramini was a considerably harder fight for him. 

I think the match makers know he's not going to be the next Conor as far as like skill and getting to a belt. But they know he's a cash cow and they wanna at least capitalize on that while they can with these ball on a tee matchups. 

I'm definitely going to fade him as soon as he fights anyone decent though. 
MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

03.17.2022 | 3:39 PM ET

Settle down boys here it is!

This user is suspended from posting until 2 weeks, 6 days, 10 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
HiDefff
HiDefff

03.17.2022 | 3:40 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 2693rd

its one unit lol which is covered by Topuria either way. was Topuria Wood but yea that died. 

Vargas hasn't looked bad yet to me. losing to Da Silva isn't terrible. that kid is good as ****. He was beating the **** out of Brok Weaver until the illegal knee and he beat Rong Zhu as a dog unanimously. 

Paddy on the other hand constantly makes mistakes Cage warriors and UFC debut. Chin up winging punches. got taken down with ease. By Luigi of all people. He powered through sure and landed a clean uppercut and then started winging hooks again.  it wasn't pretty and nothing of his tape says he's going to be top 15 in the UFC. 

Paddy probly will win and most likely should but i cant help seeing him chin up swangin away and just getting slept. 

as far as him in my parlay. Why play him at +425 when i can parlay him with 2 others and make it +1750. he's already a long shot small bet. why not maximize it as much as possible. 

I have a straight bet on Shore at dog odds as well 
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

03.17.2022 | 3:40 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 1614th

Mixed opinions on meatball Molly to win or not on here 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,085  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,181
  • Post Score: 88

03.17.2022 | 3:41 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2426th

Lots of favorites for fortune teller to bet 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet

03.17.2022 | 3:49 PM ET

@DC Yeah I agree, I plan on fading Paddy when the time is right, but I think Vargas just sucks too much lol. Paddy is no where near top 15 talent, I see him as a discount Darren Till

* Edited at 03.17.2022, 3:51 PM ET *

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,821  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

03.17.2022 | 4:02 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 909th

Over and over again  @HiDefff @ZoomerBet

Me. Soldier of Kazula. 

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,657  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

03.17.2022 | 4:08 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2633rd

You could definitely make worse bets than a small shot on Vargas with how high the odds are getting. 

But idk he got put and held in a guillotine from Weaver, got out after a while, and then put back into it again makes me think paddy is going to get him early. And weaver is long since been out of the UFC. Striking looks slow to me also. Although it was a little better in his last fight. But I really question his fight IQ. He's been out for a good while so there's a possibility he just completely leveled up but I doubt it. 
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet

03.17.2022 | 4:17 PM ET

In the da Silva fight, he got dominated on the ground in R1, then he pulls guard at the start of R2?? Both guys make tons of mistakes, but I gotta go with the guy who actually tries to win rounds.

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,722  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,524
  • Post Score: 13

03.17.2022 | 4:22 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 541st

cmon paddy gonna maul vargas. this guy is the definition of journeyman and hes also like 36

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

2022.03.17 4:25 PM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET to Saturday, March 19 at 1:30pm ET
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,085  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,181
  • Post Score: 88

03.17.2022 | 4:39 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2426th

Paddy has quite literally fought better people on the regional scene. Idk why people tripping over some guy who’s only on the roster because of a short notice fight

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.17.2022 | 4:51 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 3111th

@DH420, quack quack 🦆 

* Edited at 03.17.2022, 4:51 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

TheMess63
TheMess63
  • Predictions:  7,712  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,252
  • Post Score: 137

03.17.2022 | 5:08 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 1408th

the great underdog lore, in theory anyone can win, but when you look at their skills next to each other,  paddy is on a different level, besides the glaring age, home crowd and momentum that is all on paddys side also. Paddy's weaknesses are not bad enough that vargas will be able cash in on one. The energy in the 02 will be to much for vargas to handle hes going to to be getting cheered out of his ear drums 

"Records are for djs"

wtvu1002
wtvu1002
  • Predictions:  992  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 100

03.17.2022 | 5:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1947th

Volkov vs. Aspinall
Alexander Volkov, TKO, R3
Volkov (60%); Aspinall (40%)

Allen vs. Hooker
Arnold Allen, DEC
Allen (51%); Hooker (49%)

Pimblett vs. Vargas
Paddy Pimblett, TKO, R2
Pimblett (54%); Vargas (46%)

Nelson vs. Sato
Gunnar Nelson, SUB, R2
Nelson (63%); Sato (37%)

McCann vs. Carolina
Molly McCann, DEC
McCann (65%); Carolina (35%)

Herbert vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, SUB, R1
Herbert (44%); Topuria (56%)

Grundy vs. Amirkhani
Mike Grundy, DEC
Grundy (57%); Amirkhani (43%)

Sergei Pavlovich, TKO, R1
Abdurakhimov (32%); Pavlovich (68%)

Krylov vs. Craig
Nikita Krylov, TKO, R2
Krylov (58%); Craig (42%)

Shore vs. Valiev
Jack Shore, DEC
Shore (52%); Valiev (48%)

Reed vs. McKenna
Elise Reed, DEC
Reed (58%); McKenna (42%)

Mokaev vs. Durden
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
Mokaev (55%); Durden (45%)

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,635  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,553
  • Post Score: 236

03.17.2022 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 2007th

Grundy vs. Amirkhani
Mike Grundy, DEC
This is a fight that makes a lot of sense, let's see if this battle of two wrestlers turns into a boxing match

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Page 32

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC 301 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Jonathan Martinez vs. José Aldo - The result of the fight is being announced.
  • Join the UFC 301 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: José Aldo 54% Jonathan Martinez 46%
  • José Aldo "Junior" (31-8-0) RJ, BR is the #62nd Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • Jonathan "Dragon" Martinez (19-4-0) TX, US is the #9th Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC 301 features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil