Topic: UFC 267

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,269
  • Post Score: 47

06.27.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 267
Bout   Info
Glover Teixeira   defeats   Jan Błachowicz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:02 Round 2 of 5, 8:02 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Dan Hooker   via Submission, Kimura   2:23 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zubaira Tukhugov   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Albert Duraev   defeats   Roman Kopylov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   defeats   Benoit Saint-Denis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Shamil Gamzatov   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   3:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Yaozong Hu   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:46 Round 3 of 3, 14:46 Total Bout Page
Tagir Ulanbekov   defeats   Allan Nascimento   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,105  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

10.27.2021 | 11:53 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 1127th

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Elizeu Zaleski, TKO, R2
Zaleski is the better striker, it's much more proven than denis'. Denis is such a good grappler though so I'm not too confident with this pick, wouldn't be surprised if he gets it done. But Zaleski is good at creating scrambles on the ground and if he can do that and keep the fight standing he may get a finish in this one due to his powerful punches and kicks and frustrating Denis who's trying to get it down

pedrotacuara
pedrotacuara
  • Predictions:  196  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 269

10.27.2021 | 12:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 13 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 825 Points   |   Tied for 95th

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Ricardo Ramos, DEC
Zubaira should come in all out prepared because this is Abu Dhabi and he will be fighting along with teammates, but I like Ramos as a fighter, he has interesting skills on the feet and if he can resist the takedowns in the 2nd and 3rd round he might outpoint Zubaira and get some nice damage. Not a very confident pick at all but I like Ramos’s skillset as I said and I rate him as an up and coming fighter, might be too soon for him but I’m willing to take the L on this one, interesting fight.

* Edited at 10.27.2021, 12:16 PM ET *

Jean theanklepicker
Jean theanklepicker
  • Predictions:  1,827  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 50

10.27.2021 | 12:42 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 1457th

The Arman fight was incredibly short notice 

"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast "

shanehanke
shanehanke
  • Predictions:  12,909  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 91

10.27.2021 | 1:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 2164th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Glover Teixeira, TKO, R2
I'm a long time Glover fan. I make no other excuses.

"My Love for MMA.....Is a Noble Madness."

shanehanke
shanehanke
  • Predictions:  12,909  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 91

10.27.2021 | 1:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, SUB, R4
I am a Sandman fan,and not so much a Yan fan.. But Yan will repeat the TJ performance

Li vs. Chimaev
Jingliang Li, TKO, R2
I don't know fellas. I smell upset.

"My Love for MMA.....Is a Noble Madness."

Baz
Baz
  • Predictions:  461  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 191

10.27.2021 | 2:19 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3163rd

Oleksiejczuk lock?
KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,237  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

10.27.2021 | 3:38 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 1555th

* Edited at 10.27.2021, 3:38 PM ET *

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,728  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,556
  • Post Score: 236

10.27.2021 | 4:01 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 685 Points   |   Tied for 1355th

@baz ***? Absolutely not

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

10.27.2021 | 4:24 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 620th

😂
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

10.27.2021 | 4:25 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 620th

Petroski and hu wasn't even showing it was happening at the bookies betstation today but the others were , why the **** 
Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.27.2021 | 4:52 PM ET

Answering the question whether Oleksiejczuk is lock: no, definitely not. Guy is not throwing kicks because of some injury, his only chance is to put pressure in stand-up, be ready for takedowns and high variety of Gamzatov's tools. 

"****."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,566
  • Post Score: 262

10.27.2021 | 5:14 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 928th

Random question is how good is Yan wrestling? I think Cory is a better striker and I think he wins most of the rounds on the feet. I think Yan might be a better wrestler then TJ, So is it weird to think Petr Yan put a wrestling clinic in Sandhagen

* Edited at 10.27.2021, 6:01 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,105  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

10.27.2021 | 5:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 1127th

Duraev vs. Kopylov
Albert Duraev, SUB, R1
Duraev has shown to be a very good grappler on the DWCS, his control is so strong, very good ground and pound and will go for subs too. Kopylov is the better striker, that's a fact, he's way faster than Duraev but the issue is he can get backed up, which just invites Duraev to shoot his takedowns and get them. Kopylov off his back isn't great and I think Duraev will be able to control him with relative ease here and get the submission early

pedrotacuara
pedrotacuara

10.27.2021 | 5:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, DEC
Odds are abysmal but Makhachev has the skillset to win the fight and maybe get a finish, even tho I dont think it's happening. Hooker seemed wary of Chandler's wrestling threat and backed up too much to the fence and if he does the same again, Islam will have the takedowns at his will. Be careful with Hooker's knees and flurries and it should be Islam's fight.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, DEC
Tybura could make this scrapy and his best chance is if he can take Volkov down, but I think he's going to be quickly on notice once he gets hit clean. I think Volkov won't be taken down and will slowly piece him apart and maybe finish him, just not sure because he can be slow to put on volume.

Li vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R2
Khamzat's cardio capacity is unknown at the moment and he hasn't talked much about it, makes me worried about it going into a 3rd round. Then again, if Khamzat is back to old his old self, logic would say he's finishing the fight inside 2 rounds via smesh, and I'm banking on that.

Ankalaev vs. Oezdemir
Magomed Ankalaev, DEC
Best chance for Volkan is to put it on and catch Ankalaev but I think the Russian is just too smart to allow it. Could still be close but Ankalaev should outpoint him and maybe get a finish.

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Amanda has the better striking but is not consistent, it's going to be very close fight especially if Virna gets scrapy in the clinch and puts Amanda in the cage, she could get nervous and make mistakes. In the grappling department it's a coin toss altho Amanda is bigger physically, could be important in terms of controlling positions but I wouldn't go to the ground if I was her.

* Edited at 10.27.2021, 6:05 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,728  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,556
  • Post Score: 236

10.27.2021 | 6:02 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 685 Points   |   Tied for 1355th

@damien Yan repeatedly took down Jose Aldo, who is consistently one of the best at takedown defense. I think you could be onto something

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,566
  • Post Score: 262

10.27.2021 | 6:13 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 928th

He also took down Dodson twice, Dodson also only got taken down twice by Merab in over 20 attempts, Dodson takedown deffence is quite legit, he took down Aljamain Sterling 7 time and made it look effortless. He’s wrestling is really underated

* Edited at 10.27.2021, 6:16 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.27.2021 | 6:37 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

I think the key to understanding Yan's TDA has as much to do with his striking as anything else. He lands at 5.99pM which is an insane clip and although I think his wrestling/grappling is good,  the  main reason he hits TD's is that he exhausts his opponents and tends to really beat the **** out of them on the feet, which makes them more vulnerable and/or willing to go to the mat. They arrive there via damage as opposed to pure grappling. 

I fully expect him to beat the absolute shyte out of Sandhagen TBH. I see a narrow path to a sub win for sandhagen, a path to a KO/TKO far slimmer than that and a path to a decision win an order of magnitude narrower than that again. Sandhagen is good but he's extremely reckless and high risk, and fades as the fight goes on. Yan has never been subbed. never been KO'ed, and has only ever lost once legitimately to Magomedov who on a good night can dec anybody. That was also by split, and he avenged that loss.

Yan probably sends the sandman to meet his namesake within 4.

* Edited at 10.27.2021, 6:46 PM ET *

pedrotacuara
pedrotacuara

10.27.2021 | 6:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, DEC
Brilliant matchup. I'm a big Petr Yan fan, he pretty much has an unrivaled skillset in this division. We all know how dangerous Cory is and he has one of the best footwork in the division. I used to think the TJ win vs Cory would be a good indication that if TJ won, so should Yan, but it became apparent to me that it's not that straightforward. TJ heavily pressured Cory in that fight and it ended up paying off, as he landed more shots but also ate quite a few (just look at his face) because he did it a bit recklessly. Because of this, he managed to crowd Cory multiples times in the various rounds and it ended up banking him the decision. This approach, altho risky, it payed off.

In this line of thought, Yan is a great pressure fighter, but he does it in a different manner: he's much more patient. He usually likes to download all the info he can in the 1st round and start to pick it up in the 2nd and 3rd round. For me, this could result in two outcomes: 1. He doesn't get caught because he's not compromising himself, allowing him to cruise to a relatively safe fight, allowing him to pick the best gameplan and make the best reads that could work on Cory. He has the skillset to do it and has done it before. 2. Because he's so patient and usually likes to put his guard up and cover up, Cory could see this as an opportunity to not make many mistakes and instead outsmart Yan, and I mainly refer to that high guard that Yan likes, 2 things can work for Cory: the liver shot and the flying knee. If he can start upsetting and outsmart Yan, Cory is much more than capable of out damaging Yan and maybe even get a finish. It could end up being too late for Yan to comeback and up the volume, giving Cory more confidence and end up getting the dub. For me, these are the two paths to victory that I envision for both these guys. 

Now for me, like I said, I'm very high on Yan. He has shown a great chin and altho in that 2nd scenario I set up it shows he could potentially be hitable, he has proved in many fights that he adjusts and is able to clutch various gameplans to win the fight. He had some issues against Aldo until he didn't. This is what I believe he's capable of and I will put my trust on that until proven wrong, because he's that good. Yes, he can also brainfart and play dirty, we have seen it numerous times and it indeed cost him the title. Sandhagen is definitely THE guy in this division that can outsmart him and catch him with shots that he never felt before. For me, I'm just waiting to see with my own eyes until that happens. Until then for me, I think this is going to be a close fight, both guys will get hurt, but Yan is just going to get the W in the end.

* Edited at 10.27.2021, 6:46 PM ET *

Miami_EJ
Miami_EJ
  • Predictions:  768  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  56
  • Post Score: 184

10.27.2021 | 7:28 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 3227th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R5
Glover will eat a million shots to the face and theyll go to round 5 before he taps

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, SUB, R3
Legggo Cory!!

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, TKO, R2
Future hall of fame and under the training of the best.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, DEC
this one im excited for simply to see Volkov tower over the top of the cage lol.

Li vs. Chimaev
Jingliang Li, DEC
Khamzat is overrated tbh

Ankalaev vs. Oezdemir
Magomed Ankalaev, DEC
dont be shocked by an upset tho.

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
honestly idk its wmma

Duraev vs. Kopylov
Roman Kopylov, TKO, R1
honestly i dont see why its split so wide apart, this could be a decent parley

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Elizeu Zaleski, DEC
my least secure pick of the ones ive made so far :-/

Amirkhani vs. Murphy
Lerone Murphy, TKO, R1
potentially ko of the night.

Hu vs. Petroski
Andre Petroski, SUB, R2
wrestle**** to a rear naked choke.

Ulanbekov vs. Nascimento
Tagir Ulanbekov, DEC
The stage is set for young buck to win, how is TBD.

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,805  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  187
  • Post Score: 43

10.27.2021 | 7:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 2061st

Hu vs. Petroski
Andre Petroski, DEC
Lock

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Benoit Saint Denis previews ADXC 4 headliner: Marc Diakiese 'tough opposition, but I'm more than ready'
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch LFA's best fight finishes from April 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ In WWE?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL CEO Pete Murray: Jake Paul will make 'biggest MMA debut ever' likely in 2025
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Official Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Weigh-In Stream, Staredown
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis preview show: Will Derrick Lewis deliver another emphatic knockout? 
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen says UFC indicated title shot comes with Umar Nurmagomedov win, hopes for Sean O'Malley
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC on ESPN 56 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento, Joaquin Buckley's money, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia poster released featuring Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Inks New BKFC Ownership Deal
  • UFC.com : Sean Woodson Wants To Make A Statement At Home
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier says UFC initially offered Paulo Costa in Rio, Nassourdine Imavov not what he wanted
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: 24 Fun Tidbits, Facts And Storylines!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis Gambling Preview: Will Derrick Lewis add another knockout to his UFC record?
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ‘Savage Mode’ Mike Tyson: ‘If I Was Jake Paul, I’d Be Sh*tting My Pants’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC St. Louis Ceremonial Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking
  • MMA Mania : Olympic Medalist, Knockout Machine, Future Champion?
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Reveals Earnings From UFC Video Games, How Fighters Get Paid