Topic: UFC 267

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,145
  • Post Score: 47

06.27.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 267
Bout   Info
Glover Teixeira   defeats   Jan Błachowicz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:02 Round 2 of 5, 8:02 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Dan Hooker   via Submission, Kimura   2:23 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zubaira Tukhugov   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Albert Duraev   defeats   Roman Kopylov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   defeats   Benoit Saint-Denis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Shamil Gamzatov   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   3:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Yaozong Hu   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:46 Round 3 of 3, 14:46 Total Bout Page
Tagir Ulanbekov   defeats   Allan Nascimento   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 17

gogo kp
gogo kp
  • Predictions:  5,647  |  74.2%
  • Forum Posts:  52
  • Post Score: 154

10.28.2021 | 8:10 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 1555th

Is no one before Glover for a T-shot. Jiri and Rakič just came into the picture this year. Do you think Smith, Reyes or Santos deserve it?????? He just beat this guys last week Brother. 

"Be water my friend...MMA junkie since 2002 and i still don't need a rehab..."

J T M s i s h
J T M s i s h
  • Predictions:  215  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 312

10.28.2021 | 8:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 717th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R4
Jan Błachowicz - is it possible that both these guys can win and we all salute the TV with our hearts all warm and fuzzy? No. This is MMA and MMA doesn’t like happy endings. So how does this play out? Slowly… very ******* slowly. Jan’s current lumbering, methodical stand up style, just waiting until there’s an inch of space to blast off an earth shattering combination will likely stop by around round three or four. Then Glover is in trouble. BAD trouble (especially when it becomes increasingly obvious that no matter how relentless he is and how some of his successes will only last a few seconds, Jan will not be taken down and will get back to his feet when he is). Glover is a survivor, but Jan knows this and if he’s wise - will call him back to his feet. Saying that he probably won’t but either way… Jan will either finish the fight by round four or round five and we’ll all be left happy that the most wholesome champion who’s not named Brandon Moreno keeps his belt, and heartbroken as our old guard just couldn’t quite make it to the end. Tears will be shed, beers will be used as cope-fuel, but together we can get through this and live another day. BŁACHOWICZ - TKO

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, DEC
Petr Yan - look, if you’re a wise man, you should stay the **** away from this fight! When they talk about styles make fights - this is the best example of that. Cory is phenomenal, allusive, unpredictable, relentless (a word you’ll hear a lot in the next fight), and very intelligent. Yan is kind of all these things except he’s also not. You know where you are with Yan, but so does Yan. You don’t decide things in a fight with Yan, Yan decides. The only definitive thing that separates them is Sandhagen makes mistakes and Yan doesn’t (he totally meant to knee Sterling in the head, that was not a mistake). We saw this in Cory’s fight with TJ (by the way, if you think Cory won that fight understand this, it was close but you’re wrong). Cory takes rounds off and can play things safe, recklessly safe but safe. The only round Yan will take off is the first round, he’ll read you, then he’ll start making your decisions for you. Saying that, this fight is mad and you shouldn’t bet on it unless you can afford to spend your money. This is literally anyone’s fight, for any ending. That being said… YAN - DEC.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev, SUB, R3
Islam Makhachev - I want Dan to win. I want him to knock him so far into orbit that Khabib has to come out of retirement just for Dan as like some hitman-style revenge mission. But my poor, weak heart is wrong. Dan has great takedown defence against normal wrestlers, but as we all know; Dagestanis are not normal wrestlers. Combat Sambo is totally different (hence why Gaethje was just out of his element against Khabib). The ultimate question here is does Dan tap? My heart says “no”, my brain says “your heart is ********”. MAKHACHEV - SUB/TKO

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, DEC
Alexander Volkov - this is a frustrating fight for Tybura. He’s on a 5 fight win streak, beating some ******’ studs on the way. Thing is though, what can he do to Volkov, take him down? I mean, sure, Volkov’s takedown defence isn’t great but he’s so long that unless Tybura is in side control or can mount him, he won’t reach Volkov in his guard. Werdum couldn’t. Volkov will keep him far enough away that Tybura won’t be able to really set up anything that could end a fight. Volkov is pretty good at playing for points and has wicked-hard straight-down-the-barrel combinations. Tybura’s a tough ************ so I’m leaning more to a decision, but you guys can do what you want here really. VOLKOV - DEC

Li vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, SUB, R1
Khamzat Chimaev - there’s not much to say here. The Leech is wicked. He’s super entertaining. He’s reckless. He absolutely loves a scrap. He’s also useless and frantic with his back against the cage. This is the PERFECT matchup for Khamzat and Dana, Sean Shelby etc ALL knew this when booking this fight. Unless covid has killed the Wolf, there’s no way this fight sees a third round. CHIMAEV - SUB

Ankalaev vs. Oezdemir
Magomed Ankalaev, TKO, R3
Magomed Ankalaev - FOR THE RECORD; Oezdemir is a ******* beast. He hits like a truck and throws some of the most allusive traps in the game. What the issue? Volkan makes mistakes and Ankalaev capitalises on this with some of the crispest counter striking you’ll see (this will be repeated later on the card too, you’ll see). Oezdemir doesn’t take shots as well as he should for the kind of game he plays. I think he’ll throw something a little wild and Ankalaev will counter him to death. ANKALAEV - TKO

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Amanda Ribas - I love her. I will openly simp for this cutie and **** anyone who says otherwise. She’s got all the skills to pay the bills and despite being the same height as Jandiroba, she fights way taller and has a great understanding of controlling distance. She’ll beat Jandiroba (who’s an absolute beast on the mat) the exact same way she beat Dern. And I’ll love every minute of it. RIBAS - DEC

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Zubaira Tukhugov, DEC
Zubaira Tukhugov - weird one. This isn’t really the best style match ups. They both cancel each other out on the ground and on the feet. Ricardo isn’t particularly durable but he is allusive. Tukhugov’s gas tank isn’t great but I don’t see him doing much to pressure Ramos aside from just keeping him on the cage for a decision. I’m picking Tukhugov ‘cause he’s bigger and stronger. Ramos is a Bantamweight that can’t make 135. TUKHUGOV - DEC

Duraev vs. Kopylov
Albert Duraev, SUB, R1
Albert Duraev - both these guys have bright futures. Kopylov has an excellent counter striking game and rips mean body shots and liver kicks. Kopylov is a slow starter and Duraev is not. Kopylov has a pretty good takedown defence against the cage but once he’s taken down that’s it, the fight has been lost and Duraev is relentless! DURAEV : SUB

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Elizeu Zaleski, TKO, R2
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos - Benoit’s M.O. is to get you down and submit you immediately. Zaleski is really impressive with his movement and has a wicked sub-defence game. Crazier things have happened but I’d say it’s pretty cut and dry that Benoit will gas himself out trying to get a submission in the first and Zaleski will Capoeira his face off in the second. ZALESKI - TKO

Oleksiejczuk vs. Gamzatov
Shamil Gamzatov, SUB, R2
Shamil Gamzatov - Oleksiejczuk is fast, moves a ton and fires hard and quick combinations. Shamil is slow and lumbers about. Here’s the thing - Oleksiejczuk is a ******’ Middleweight. I respect a man that fights at his more natural weight but he’s 100% in the wrong division. Oleksiejczuk’s speed and movement only last about a round and a quarter. Shamil will likely take him down and punish him for moving around too much. Shamil has shown issues against southpaws and Oleksiejczuk hits with a crack, but Michal will fade as the fight goes on and Gamzatov will get a submission or TKO. GAMZATOV : SUB/TKO

Amirkhani vs. Murphy
Makwan Amirkhani, DEC
Makwan Amirkhani - I hate this fight. Not because I think it’s bad, I just don’t like betting against my countrymen. Murphy is solid, durable and seemingly submission proof. HOWEVER, Murphy’s biggest hole is his takedown defence. If he’s corrected this then it’s a TKO for him (keep this in mind). Makwan has this impressive ability to catch the hardest kicks and take you down with ease. Makwan’s biggest problem is his gas tank doesn’t match his fighting style - Andrew Sanchez has the exact same problem (see two weeks ago). If Makwan wins it’s by points. If you really fancy something daring there is a real possibility this could be a draw with Makwan picking up the first two rounds and getting hammered but surviving in the third. AMIRKHANI : DEC

Hu vs. Petroski
Andre Petroski, TKO, R2
Andre Patroski - do NOT think this fight is easy glue for a parlay! Patroski has a finite gas tank and Hu is a tough S.O.B. Hu is also a silver medalist in Sambo so taking him down ain’t easy. The big question is does making 185 compromise Hu’s ability to take a shot. I think it’s not going to be easy for him. However Hu could take out Patroski in the third if he survives, otherwise it’s Patroski’s all day. PATROSKI : TKO

Ismagulov vs. Mustafaev
Damir Ismagulov, DEC
Damir Ismagulov - this is not so easy. Mustafaev has a dangerous overhand right. However Damir can take a shot and fights safe really well. Mustafaev doesn’t have the greatest gas tank and does lose his pop in the third. This might be a dog fight for a round and a half then it’s Damir’s all day. ISMAGULOV : DEC

Ulanbekov vs. Nascimento
Tagir Ulanbekov, DEC
Tagir Ulanbekov - this is pretty cut and dry. Nascimento is a BJJ guy who’s wicked off his back so the combat sambo style might not work. But Tagir is leagues better on the feet. I think this goes all the way but Tagir could prove me wrong. ULANBEKOV : DEC

"Seeking that perfect prediction for bants and bragging rights (and hopefully a little extra cash)."

CertifiedBankBusta
CertifiedBankBusta
  • Predictions:  380  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: -4

10.28.2021 | 11:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 545 Points   |   2861st Place

Ulanbekov vs. Nascimento
Tagir Ulanbekov, DEC
Both not enteraining fighter. Tagir is slightly better.

CertifiedBankBusta
CertifiedBankBusta

10.28.2021 | 11:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Ismagulov vs. Mustafaev
Damir Ismagulov, DEC
Ismagulov is levels above. His striking and ground game is very good. Pacient, volume fighter. Mustafaev's only hope is to catch Ismagulov with something big, and it's highly unlikely.

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

10.28.2021 | 11:18 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3204th

I had $255 in free bonus money on one of my betting apps... I just did this crazy parlay, hope it works out!  Unfortunately, they won't let me cash it out but I feel this will all happen.  Obviously, the Magomed Mustafaev pick is the riskiest one but I feel that he gets the finish here against Damir.  I'm also worried that the other Magomed might finish Volkan in the 1st round but I still think it will either go to decision or it will be a 3rd round finish.

6 pick parlay +5557
$255 to win $14,170.71

Over 2.5 Rounds (-120)
Jan Blachowicz vs Glover Teixeira 

Over 2.5 Rounds (-275)
Petr Yan vs Cory Sandhagen

Over 1.5 Rounds (-175)
Magomed Ankalaev vs Volkan Oezdemir

Magomed Mustafaev ml (+220)

Michael Chandler ml (+150)

Rose Namajunas ml (-125)

* Edited at 10.28.2021, 11:22 PM ET *

CertifiedBankBusta
CertifiedBankBusta

10.28.2021 | 11:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Glover Teixeira, SUB, R3
Jan will be winning on points, in 2nd or 3rd round Glover will take him down, will take his back and choke him.

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, TKO, R2
I like Yan and his style, but cory is too good for him. Cory by flying knee.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Dan Hooker, DEC
Machakhev aka "wet blanket" is overrated af. Hooker is gonna stop this kid.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, DEC
Boring 3 rounds by volkov.

Li vs. Chimaev
Jingliang Li, SUB, R2
Lijangliajing is gonna knock the F out overrated hype machine khazmat chipmaev.

Ankalaev vs. Oezdemir
Volkan Oezdemir, TKO, R2
Ozdemir ez if he can defend takedowns.

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Ribas is gonna td jandiroba multiple times.

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Ricardo Ramos, DEC
Tukhugov is overrated wet blanket.

Duraev vs. Kopylov
Roman Kopylov, DEC
Kopylov by dec.

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Elizeu Zaleski, DEC
Zaleski by dec.

Oleksiejczuk vs. Gamzatov
Michał Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R3
Olekseiejczuk got better striking and gonna catch gamzatov.

Amirkhani vs. Murphy
Lerone Murphy, TKO, R1
Amirkhani is not good enough to beat Murthy.

Hu vs. Petroski
Andre Petroski
Petroski by dec.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

10.29.2021 | 12:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 928th

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Dan Hooker, TKO, R2
Islam is not Khabib, Dan knocking this fool out if he has anything of a good training camp.Hooker has 90% takedown defence, People are -850 confendent in Makhachev taking Hooker down LOL, LOL,LOL, NO ******* way Islam getting near Islam Crotch. 

* Edited at 10.29.2021, 1:01 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

10.29.2021 | 1:41 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3204th

Damir Ismagulov missed weight... came in at 163.5 pounds.. Looks like my Magomed Mustaev ml pick might actually happen.  We'll see...

* Edited at 10.29.2021, 1:45 AM ET *

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

10.29.2021 | 1:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 2732nd

Ulanbekov vs. Nascimento
Tagir Ulanbekov, DEC
Gimme Ulanbekov.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

10.29.2021 | 1:59 AM ET

Islam has the same chance at beating hooker  as the number of top ten oppenent he fought. 0

* Edited at 10.29.2021, 2:02 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,558  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

10.29.2021 | 2:03 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3163rd

The cynic in me says Damir did a tactical weight miss. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.29.2021 | 2:05 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 2164th

It's worthy to point out that Islam actually made huge step up right now, his most impressive win is Arman, and it was not that dominant, Hooker has been in the league for some time now. This fight will verify. 

"****."

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,224  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

10.29.2021 | 2:16 AM ET

163.5 is a big miss, Ismagulov vs Mustafaev is off 100%. 

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

KyleH
KyleH

10.29.2021 | 2:17 AM ET

Sucks for Mustafaev

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

BetAgainstMe2Win
BetAgainstMe2Win
  • Predictions:  530  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 230

10.29.2021 | 2:17 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 2844th

I was hoping this fight would continue because that was the leg I was most worried about in my parlays. After seeing that weigh in I became much more confident lmao
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

10.29.2021 | 2:30 AM ET

All you people need to get the Russian crotch out of your face, USA will smash the puny Russian like they did in the Cold War 

"Quack quack quack"

KyleH
KyleH

10.29.2021 | 2:32 AM ET

Hooker is Australian lol

KyleH
KyleH

10.29.2021 | 2:33 AM ET

He’s a kiwi but that’s basically the same

KyleH
KyleH

10.29.2021 | 2:36 AM ET

When Hooker and Tsarukyan were beefing and I thought it’d get made I was gonna pick Arman would win. Tsarukyan was a tougher challenge for Islam than Hooker. Dan has nothing for him in the wrestling it.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.29.2021 | 2:51 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

The duck is getting downvoted here, but I'll say his breakdown of this fight could be autistic as opposed to ********. I'm not as passionately convinced as he is that Hooker will win, but he's right that the line is ridiculous and I think he has a far, far better shot than the bookies are giving him. I'm not going to be blown away if he gets it done. I'll probably add him to a parlay.

A lot of people in this thread might be in for a face-rubbing with quack-quack poo when the dust settles.

* Edited at 10.29.2021, 2:55 AM ET *

Page 17

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Jack Shore: The Welsh 'Tank' Is Ready To Roll Again
  • UFC.com : Michel Pereira: Guaranteed Excitement
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results (8 a.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301