Topic: UFC 295

UFC 295: Procházka vs. Pereira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,375
  • Post Score: 47

07.07.2023 | 11:37 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 295
  • Saturday 11.11.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Madison Square Garden
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier, Megan Olivi
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $12,400,000
  • Attendance: 19,039
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jiří Procházka   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Hammerfists and Elbows   4:08 Round 2 of 5, 9:08 Total Bout Page
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Sergei Pavlovich   via KO/TKO, Right Hook and Hammerfists   1:09 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Mackenzie Dern   via KO/TKO, Left Hook and Straight Right   3:15 Round 2 of 3, 8:15 Total Bout Page
Benoit Saint-Denis   defeats   Matt Frevola   via KO/TKO, Head Kick   1:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Pat Sabatini   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:30 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Steve Erceg   defeats   Alessandro Costa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Tabatha Ricci   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Rębecki   defeats   Roosevelt Roberts   via Submission, Armbar   3:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nazim Sadykhov   vs.   Viacheslav Borshchev   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jared Gordon   defeats   Mark Madsen   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Punches   4:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
John Castañeda   defeats   Kyung Ho Kang   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joshua Van   defeats   Kevin Borjas   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamall Emmers   defeats   Dennis Buzukja   via KO/TKO, Straight Right and Hammerfists   0:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 16

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,323  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,388
  • Post Score: 89

10.30.2023 | 6:38 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1386th

Sadykov barely wrestles at all. When this fight first got booked I expected sadykov to wrestle, watched the tape & he only ever grapples when his opponents first initiate it

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  439  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  897
  • Post Score: 158

10.30.2023 | 6:41 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1304th

@The Giraffe 
that's my point. Even in the fight with McKinney he got the sub but McKinney was the one to initiate the grappling. I thnk I'm going to assume Sadykhov grapples at some point, because he'd have to be brain dead not to lol he may test Slava's striking early, but he'll realize quickly that's a bad idea.

"My balls was hot"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.30.2023 | 7:05 PM ET

Tbf sadykov is brain dead. He doesn’t look like he comes into any fight with a gameplan. Not to mention he has poor killer instinct; he 10-8’d hassanzada round 1 and then let the kid keep wrestling his way back into the fight. He was still losing but it’s not a good look to have someone on deaths door & then let them off the hook. I remember him grappling in that fight too but, he only took top control because hassanzada was hurt and on the ground

ExpertAnalyst
ExpertAnalyst
  • Predictions:  563  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 58

10.30.2023 | 7:20 PM ET

Prochazka vs Pereira

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3559th

Very interesting to see Alex 62% and Jiri 38% at the time of posting, why is Alex favoured heavily? Alex didn't look that impressive against Jan, and Jan got tired very quickly. Jiri has shown to be able to strike and grapple at a high level, has high stamina, can absorb heavy shots too. Is layoff the only reason, what am I missing?
Quickcobalt
Quickcobalt
  • Predictions:  1,096  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  250
  • Post Score: 179

10.30.2023 | 7:36 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1238th

its pretty simple jiri is a crazy wild striker who leaves his chin up in the air and alex has death touch power
also jiri is coming off what is said to be the worst shoulder injury the sport has ever seen while alex is being very active
still 60-40 isnt a massive difference

"I used to f*ck guys like you in high school" - Joseph Benavidez

Quickcobalt
Quickcobalt
  • Predictions:  1,096  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  250
  • Post Score: 179

10.30.2023 | 7:48 PM ET

Erix424

zip his pant up when you're done

"I used to f*ck guys like you in high school" - Joseph Benavidez

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  439  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  897
  • Post Score: 158

10.30.2023 | 8:17 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1304th

@AyyLmaonnaise 
so what are you thinking? Slava by UD? Because if there's one good thing I'll say about Sadykhov it's he has a great chin. He was eating some bombs from Elder and barely flinching.

"My balls was hot"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.30.2023 | 8:35 PM ET

I think ko. Slava’s hands are lethal. Sadykov def has a chin but he’s getting rocked every fight; a high level striker like Slava puts him out imo 

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,126  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,562
  • Post Score: 210

10.30.2023 | 9:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 3086th

I would also like to add that on top of Jiri shoulder injure probably diminishing his fighting skills and the long time off the cage he is most likely not going to use wrestling in the fight unless he is in big trouble and about to get finished. 

If Glover in his old age had success stricking against Jiri I will have to assume that poatan will as well.

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,205  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 159

10.31.2023 | 3:59 AM ET

Jared Gordon

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 2206th

Does anyone else feel as though Gordon should have done something more after the Paddy fight. 
Yes, he had the bout with Bobby that did not go either fighter's way and went on Arial but he has fallen so far from the media in terms of relevancy that it's weird that he did not capitalize from the eyes around the bout. 

I know what was he supposed to do he wasn't a big UFC star or a Marketable fighter but that is where I find the issue maybe he should have done more with his media appearance not necessarily creating a character but creating potential bouts that some might actually want to see. Bobby Green's bout could have been that but even after.Try to get a bout with another established veteran name or just get your name out there. 

Jared now finds himself back where he was before the Paddy fight another well-tested UFC fighter that will get paired up against up-and-comers looking to get closer to the rankings.

As mentioned Bobby Green bout did not do any good but take a look at how Bobby came out of that bout he still went on to do media and hype up his next bout and a few months back after he beat Nasrat Haqparast and Al back to back he lost to Islam but was still able to carve out a lane for himself afterwards to extend his longevity. 

Fighters need to know fighting is their main source of income however creating a storyline gets fans invested which allows fighters to have a narrative and even though characters are important a storyline draws attention. 

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

ExpertAnalyst
ExpertAnalyst
  • Predictions:  563  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 58

10.31.2023 | 8:46 PM ET

Jared Gordon

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3559th

@Byakuya Kuchiki 
You are right, but that's why ufc picked Jared, they knew he was never going to be a media star so they wanted to feed him to Paddy without expecting Paddy to struggle/lose. But they still offered him bobby which was a great opportunity which unfortunately didn't go well for him.
But if I remember correctly he messed up after that. He took a fight after bobby fight while being concussed which is crazily enough ok for ufc but what's not ok for them is that he announced that he is concussed during a media appearance, ufc were not happy with him after that, dana completely blamed him for that and he is unlikely to get good opportunities for a little while even if he wins. That's why they want to feed him to Madsen now.
But yeah, he could have still done some other media stuff.
Erix424
Erix424
  • Predictions:  20  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: -313

10.31.2023 | 10:59 PM ET

Thank you dana white for this great HW matchup

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 5306th

IF ASPINALL IS ABLE TO USE HIS SPEED MOVEMENT AND AGILITY TO AVOID PAVLOVICH BOMBS , HE CAN SET HIM SELF UP FOR A COMBO. ASPINALL MOVES LIKE A WW. ASPINALL IS A CLEAN STIRKER WHEN HE PUNCHES THEY ARE ALL ACCUARTE AND IM SURE HIS CAMP HAS BEEN TRAINING TO KEEP HIS HANDS UP AFTER PUNCHES . IF HE STINGS PAVLOVICH JUST ENOUGH WITH A COMBO, ASPINALL CAN TAKE HIM DOWN IF HIS COMBO LANDS CLEAN.  LIKE BARE SAID PAV GOT TAGGED BY CURTIS BUT TBH PAV KINDA ATE IT ALL. I THINK ASPINALL IS SO CLEAN W STRIKING ITS SCARY BC THE POWER AND ACCURACY WILL TAKE OVER. IT MIGHT BE HARD TO KO PAV BUT 1 CLEAN SHOT IS ALL IT TAKES. NOW PAVLOVICH NEEDS TO USE HIS REACH ADVANTAGE AND HE NEEDS TO BE   MORE QUICK ON THE FEET ,  PAV MOVES LIKE A REAL HW DOES AND ASPINALL MOVES LIKE A WW.   IF ASPINALL DECIDES TO TRY AND GO BLOW FOR BLOW WITH PAV IDK HIW THAT CAN HAPPEN ,  USING HIS SPEED ASPINALL WOULD NEED TO TRY AND TIRE PAVLOVICH OUT SO PAVS PUNCHES ARE NOT SO SEVERE AS THE FIGHT IS GOING. THE LONGER HE CAN KEEP PAV IN THERE THE BETTER HIS CHANCES ARE OF WINNING IMO. IF ASPINALL TAKES DOWN PAV 1 TIME ITS OVER BC IT SHOWS THAT CAN BE TAKEN DOWN AND ASPINALL WILL CONTROL THE FIGHT FROM THERE. IF PV ISNT STRONG ENOUGH TO DEFEND 1 TAKE DOWN THEN HE WONT DEFEND ANY TAKE DOWNS AND HE WILL MOST LIKELY LOSE. ITS JUST HARD TO TAKE DOWN PAV AND ALSO HOLD HIM DOWN.  IM TRYING TO THINK OF ALL THE REALISTIC WAYS THIS CAN HAPPEN , AM I MISSING SOMETHING?  IDK ITS A GOOD MATCH UP THX DANA IM TAKING PAV ML BC I LOVE PAV AND THATS MY GUY!!!! BUT RESPECT TO EVERYONE!!!!!!  THE BEST MMA CHANNELL TO EXIST 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,350  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,382
  • Post Score: 135

11.01.2023 | 1:21 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 4636th

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
This is not the drunk rant thread that is beind the pub that burned down.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

samrob
samrob
  • Predictions:  764  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 157

11.01.2023 | 2:38 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1783rd

Van vs. Borjas
Joshua Van, DEC
30-27

Erceg vs. Costa
Steve Erceg, SUB, R1
Aussie Aussie Aussie !!

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,205  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 159

11.01.2023 | 3:40 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 2206th

If Poatan wins that would be two belts in two different divisions in 7 UFC fights. 

That's crazy considering how long it takes some to even get a number one contender bout. The only thing I can compare this to is when Brock fought in the UFC. 

Alex is carving out his lane in the UFC interesting considering a few years ago unless you were a die-hard fan not many knew who he was. Proof that the UFC has the best marketing ability in all MMA. 

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

GoatChael
GoatChael
  • Predictions:  328  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  184
  • Post Score: 154

11.01.2023 | 6:41 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3497th

I picked Alex Pereira to win but a thing that could bring difficulties for him and what hasn‘t been talked about so far is that Jiri constantly switches stances so I think it could be quite difficult for Alex to establish his leg kicks. I think the huge layoff of Jiri and the lethal left hook of Alex play the most significant factor to think that Alex wins but considering the leg kick thing and that Jiri‘s strongest punch is his straight right which is also the punch Alex struggeled the most with makes me wonder if Jiri might have a very good chance to pull it off.

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 6:42 AM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2023 | 7:34 AM ET

@byakuya he also has beaten three current/former champions in only 6 ufc fights, will make it 4 champs in 7 fights if he wins 

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 7:34 AM ET *

Jeremy bou
Jeremy bou
  • Predictions:  654  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 138

11.01.2023 | 11:32 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 4550th

easy win for jhiri
VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,126  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,562
  • Post Score: 210

11.01.2023 | 11:13 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 3086th

It really is incredible what Poatan has already accomplished and what he stands to win in this fight. 

It makes me happy that people are seriously having conversations about him being the most accomplished combat sport athlete ever. He really deserves the title and I think with this win it becomes close to being undeniable.

The only other that I think comes close is Cejudo with his olympic gold medal and two belts. 

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 11:14 PM ET *

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,583
  • Post Score: 261

11.01.2023 | 11:32 PM ET

The only thing about Alex Perreria is he never really fought a wrestler, Strickland and Izzy didn’t shot, Jan gas out kicking his ass wrestling because of altitude, and the first guy who I can’t bother learning his name  just sucked

I think he’s MMA accomplishment even tho very good, a bit over rated because UFC match him up well

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 11:39 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 16

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Darren Till To Face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. In Pro Boxing Debut At Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Card
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brasileiro 2024 Breaks Record For Their Biggest Kid’s BJJ Tournament Ever
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Merab Dvalishvili shares video after 'huge accident' during Uber ride, walks away unscathed
  • Bad Left Hook : Paul vs Tyson undercard: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr return, Sylve vs Schofield
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till books pro boxing debut vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson card
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till makes pro boxing debut at Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul event
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Tyson Fury, Darren Till, Cedric Doumbe, Frank Warren, Matt Brown, Carlos Ulberg, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action May 17-18
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney petitions for DQ win over Garcia
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Demetrious Johnson recalls UFC giving incentives to ‘whoever had the most traffic’ on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Coach Ready To Jump In ‘Streetfight Pool’ With Aljo
  • MMA Mania : 5 Cars Vs. ‘The Machine’
  • Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos Enters Lightweight Grand Prix At ACA 176
  • Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos To Fight For Lightweight Title At ACA 176
  • Jits Magazine : 20 Best Submission Grapplers of the Modern Era You Must Know
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Burns Vs. Buckley? ‘I Never Say No’
  • UFC.com : Edson Barboza’s UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 14: Joaquin Buckley making waves at welterweight
  • MMA Mania : Cormier = Aspinall? ‘It Wasn’t The Same Thing, Bud’
  • MMA Junkie : Esteban Ribovics surprised he didn't get $50K bonus for Terrance McKinney KO: 'What more do I need to do?'