Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,154
  • Post Score: 47

10.16.2020 | 10:28 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 02.06.2021 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 18
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Daniel Cormier, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Alistair Overeem   via KO/TKO, Cross-hook Combo   2:06 Round 2 of 5, 7:06 Total Bout Page
Cory Sandhagen   defeats   Frankie Edgar   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   0:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Clay Guida   defeats   Michael Johnson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Manel Kape   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Diego Ferreira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Danilo Marques   defeats   Mike Rodriguez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:52 Round 2 of 3, 9:52 Total Bout Page
Devonte Smith   defeats   Justin Jaynes   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Karol Rosa   defeats   Joselyne Edwards   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lara Fritzen   defeats   Molly McCann   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Seung Woo Choi   defeats   Youssef Zalal   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Timur Valiev   defeats   Martin Day   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ode Osbourne   defeats   Jerome Rivera   via KO/TKO, Left Cross   0:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 11

bazik
bazik

01.30.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

@Xconchris

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2527th

Explain your love for Russia to the FBI
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,558
  • Post Score: 262

01.30.2021 | 5:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 45th with 1 other

Overeem vs. Volkov
Alistair Overeem, TKO, R3
Since moving to Elevation fight team Alistair have look increble and he 4-1 with them, He won every round vs Sakai because Sakai was punching arms for the early rounds. Survive Walt Harris knockdown something Overeem not know for doing. He only lost is to Rozenstuck in a fight where he was winning for 24 minute and 50 secounds. Volkov is gonna get outpointed by Overemm if he doesn't sleep him because Alistair is the most skilled heavyweight in the world and will out point him, I slighly lean outpointing him but Volkov can sleep him eazy

Reneau vs. Chiasson
Marion Reneau, DEC
Macy Chiasson ain't that great as she is one of Lina Lansberg very few wins in the UFC and Macy only beat the bottom of Women MMA like Sarah Moras in a close fight and Gina Mazany, Reneau is a way better fight with a advantage on the ground, Only worry is that Reneau is 43 so I avoid betting this unless it reach +200 for Renau

Ferreira vs. Dariush II
Beneil Dariush, DEC
Beneil Dariush is probley gonna win this fight because Benny just hits harder and I think the grappling will cancel out. Only worry is that Benny has chin Issue and he got wobble by at lest Dober and Klose, So Ferreira could sleep him but I think Carlos ain't the guy to do it

Pantoja vs. Kape
Manel Kape, DEC
Don't know, Picking the RIZEN champ but I think Kai Asakara was flukey agaist Kyoji, So Kape was the secound best flyweight in RIzen

Stamann vs. Ewell
Cody Stamann, DEC
Stamann should win this because he just way better at fighting, Stamman beat actully good fighter like Kelliher, Perez and kick Ya Dong Ass but the decsion was bought by the Chinise Goverment. And his loss are to Jimmie Rivera, And beside his chin, His lost are to the best fighter in the divison in Aljamain Sterling and to the second best fighter technique wise in Jimmie Rivera as Jimmie RIvera was kicking Yan ass for 4 minute of each round then ended up getting drop at the end of the round.Ewell Will get wresle **** for 3 round and Ewell haven't beaten anyone who decent

McCann vs. Procópio
Lara Procópio, DEC
Don't care but I think MCCann is overated, So taking the dog, Don't know who procopio is

Rodriguez vs. Marques
Mike Rodriguez, TKO, R1
Mike Rodriguez sucks as he can only beat give me wins like Marcin Pracnio and Adam Milstead. Danelo is a can so Rodriguez probley win this but Rodriguez should of also beaten Hermann so the line is pretty accurate

Johnson vs. Guida
Michael Johnson, DEC
Johnson is a fighter who look good in his fight and he should win but end up losing anyway, Don't think Guida Dangerous enough to make Johnson loss it tbh

Smith vs. da Silva
Alex da Silva, TKO, R1
Like da Silva hear as he look really good vs Riddel ,Smith went to sleep in his last fight

Osbourne vs. Bondar
Ode Osbourne, TKO, R1
Ukraine fighter can't really fight, Russian are way better, , Ode Osborn is not that great either, But better then any fighter from Ukrain, Or how Putin Call it Mykrain

Rosa vs. Edwards
Karol Rosa, DEC
Don't care, Both ain't great, Rosa is another Chookagain where they're do alot of nothing to win they're fight, Joselyne Kickboxing didn't look that great vs Wu so it hard to pick, Think Rosa gonna ******** her way to victory

Zalal vs. Choi
Youssef Zalal, DEC
Zalal is gonna beat South Korea number 1 fighter in Choi, Being 1-2 is still pretty impresive in the UFC, So hard fight for Zalal, But Zalal is decent but his win aren't super great but he look really good agaist Topuria

Valiev vs. Day
Timur Valiev, DEC
Set up fight, Day is on a 4 fight losing streak and Valiev last fight was a fluke lost as Valiev look really good for the whole fight .

* Edited at 01.30.2021, 5:46 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,167
  • Post Score: 332

01.30.2021 | 5:43 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2121st

Dear FBI

Russia is amazing. Such a beautiful country. They have great Vodka, I love a good Stoli vodka on the rocks. beautiful and strong women with the most gorgeous accents, who are not just sexy and tough as nails, badass fighters, boxers and mma fighters, and its always snowing and you can build igloos and snow angels. Beautiful architecture. Amazing Wrestlers and such a good military that Ukraine looked like a Junior varsity football team taking on the New England Patriots. They also saved Edward snowden, and that alone deserves a nobel peace prize. that poor guy got shafted hard by the NSA. Finally 2 words. Fedor Emelianenko. The goat Heavy weight himself

Yours Truly
Comrade

Xconchris

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

bazik
bazik

01.30.2021 | 5:45 PM ET

@Xconchris @FistyMcKickerChoke

bazik
bazik

01.30.2021 | 5:52 PM ET

@Xconchris

Your beloved Russia !!!
She misses you very

Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

01.30.2021 | 5:52 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 869th

Alex Da Silva is out of the fight. He was my most confident underdog on tapology.
Now my most confident pick at amazing odds is Beneil Dariush.

also, I think it's  difficult to see Overeem win this fight. He is one of the most talented and experienced heavyweights but I think KO is his only path to victory.
Olenik was old as hell and almost knocked him out.
I think Pavlovich is overrated, his record only looks nice.
Walt harris is a mediocre fighter and the fight should have been stopped in his favor.
Volkov is the biggest and scariest I ever seen him look. 
Not even blaydes made it look easy...he actually did so bad that Dana White made fun of blaydes.
Meaning that Volkov did great against blaydes. I think Volkov by TKO is the only logical prediction here.
He has the size, reach, and age advantage.
no one has ever really had all 3 against the reem.

* Edited at 01.30.2021, 5:53 PM ET *

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Axl702
Axl702

01.30.2021 | 5:57 PM ET

Also when it comes to the topic of fixed/rigged fights. 
There have been fights in the past that were 100% staged or acted out.
There are 2 fights that always pop into my head that took place recently....

Usman vs Woodley
Colby vs Lawler
there is no way anyone can tell me that Robbie Lawler or Tyron Woodley are actual professional fighters when watching those fights. That looked like some WWE ****.

* Edited at 01.30.2021, 5:58 PM ET *

"R.I.P. Beneil"

bazik
bazik

01.30.2021 | 5:58 PM ET

@Axl702 very sorry! So hoped for Silva!
Axl702
Axl702

01.30.2021 | 6:02 PM ET

I cannot say those fights can be proven that they are fixed....but if that is the pinnacle of MMA of the welterweight division then God bless this world.
The only fight I can say without a doubt was 100% fixed was Faber vs Simon.
that is a fact. 

"R.I.P. Beneil"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,635  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,553
  • Post Score: 236

01.30.2021 | 6:07 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 657th

@axl go to the doctor and get checked for brain worms. Those fights were not fixed 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

01.30.2021 | 6:25 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1941st

The mental state of being ready for a fight is so important and it’s one of the reasons why you don’t have super athletes taking over combat sports like they do every other sport. Tyson Fury isn’t a freak athlete, and Deontay Wilder certainly is. Wonderboy doesn’t have a peach on Geoff Neal. The game isn’t about that, if your mind is flat you can’t fight up to your level at all. That’s why so many fighters get broken and they never seem the same afterwards. Woodley is a perfect example. Those fights weren’t fixed, it’s just the sad state of the game. You’re fighting your own head as much as your opponent.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,686  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

01.30.2021 | 7:21 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2398th

I just think if fights were fixed, the things Dana CLEARLY wanted to happen would happen more often. But we see big future fights get blown up ALL the time. Brock Lesnar was not supposed to get instantly outgrappled by Frank Mir. Dana clearly wanted Conor to beat Diaz and Poirier. Guys like Mighty Mouse, Cejudo, and GSP wouldn't have been able to win fights, hold divisions hostage and tell Dana what to do.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,167
  • Post Score: 332

01.30.2021 | 9:00 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2121st

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

01.30.2021 | 9:44 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2419th

UFC fights are not fixed in anyway shape or form.  The closest thing to a "fix" is lopsided matchmaking.  For example, if a wrestler is fighting someone with bad takedown defense or a knockout artist is fighting someone with horrible standup then there will be an almost guaranteed outcome.  

There is no one getting paid to take a dive in the UFC.  If that was the case, Dustin Poirier would have went down vs. Conor McGregor but the exact opposite happened.   Dustin winning that fight basically cost the UFC millions of dollars in future revenue. 

* Edited at 01.30.2021, 9:47 PM ET *

Axl702
Axl702

01.30.2021 | 10:05 PM ET

Ricky Simon got paid to take a dive.
How does a former champion comeback from the longest layoff of his career to score his first knockout in over 12 years?
Then how does the loser (Simon) get a step up in competition and face a ranked opponent in his next fight?
Faber spoke openly after his fight about all the "expenses" he has.
he paid to refurbish and expand his gym and get all new equipment, bought a few homes for real estate AND he also started producing movies which is quite costly even for low budget films. 
Simon claimed he cancelled his wedding....for a fight....ONLY because he needed money???
Who cancels their arranged honeymoon/wedding that was already paid for? Obviously for a money grab.

Fabers odds were ridiculous that day, i don't even want to know how much faber by tko in round 1 was specifically....

* Edited at 01.30.2021, 10:22 PM ET *

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Axl702
Axl702

01.30.2021 | 10:14 PM ET

To make it even more fishy, Faber put a picture on his instagram of him and Simon when they were younger. 
This was shortly before the fight. 
He talked how he took simon under his wing and were very close behind the scenes. 
Might have even stated that they were roommates or lived together.....

* Edited at 01.30.2021, 10:15 PM ET *

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Axl702
Axl702

01.30.2021 | 10:20 PM ET

If anyone has paid for a honey moon/ wedding, how costly is it?
If anyone owns an MMA gym, how costly is it to build, maintain and provide quality equipment?
If anyone has made produced and directed films, how costly is it?
To add the last kicker, do this all in the state of California of the U.S.A.
One of the most expensive states to live in.

meanwhile half the roster is complaining about fight pay.
things just don't add up, but that's just my wild opinion.

"R.I.P. Beneil"

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

01.30.2021 | 10:41 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3107th

Fedor was right about those ukrainians 

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

01.30.2021 | 10:47 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2419th

Honestly Axl, I think you are trolling or someone who thinks that every fight they have a losing bet on is a rigged fight.  You probably put money on Ricky Simon that night and Faber took it away from you.  

One key thing you are not getting is the fact that Urijah Faber is a former champion and is a VETERAN of the sport so he has a chance to win just like anyone has a chance to win.  If Frankie Edgar wins next weekend, you think it will be because Sandhagen took a dive?  Come on man.

Faber posts friendly images/videos of fellow fighters because he is one of the friendliest fighters in the sport who is on good terms with almost everyone in the sport.

Axl702
Axl702

01.30.2021 | 11:37 PM ET

NEVER knocked anybody out in 12 years. Enough Said.

Watch Rivera vs Faber or Yan vs Faber. He isn't a known hard puncher. He's a phenomenal wrestler fighter. he's never changed his style.
I know this is the fight game and anybody can get got...but you're speaking on Simon like he's a weak chinned punk. I never seen him rocked or hurt badly in his fights. He had a war with Font and Borg afterwards. He also had a great fight with Merab and Yahya beforehand.

You're right...I did lose my bets.
If Simon won, I  would have won a couple grand. 
Luckily, I realized it was a fake fight...so I won about 800 on Faber and Germaine parlayed.

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja ready to claim ‘King of Rio’ title if Jose Aldo retires
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch reveals his side of Sean O'Malley's sparring session with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’
  • MMA Mania : Cha-Ching! Canelo Expected To Earn Massive Cinco De Mayo Payday
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET
  • Bad Left Hook : Nishida beats Rodriguez for IBF bantamweight title