Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,948
  • Post Score: 47

10.16.2020 | 10:28 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 02.06.2021 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 18
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Daniel Cormier, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Alistair Overeem   via KO/TKO, Cross-hook Combo   2:06 Round 2 of 5, 7:06 Total Bout Page
Cory Sandhagen   defeats   Frankie Edgar   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   0:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Clay Guida   defeats   Michael Johnson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexandre Pantoja   defeats   Manel Kape   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Diego Ferreira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Danilo Marques   defeats   Mike Rodriguez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:52 Round 2 of 3, 9:52 Total Bout Page
Devonte Smith   defeats   Justin Jaynes   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Karol Rosa   defeats   Joselyne Edwards   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lara Fritzen   defeats   Molly McCann   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Seung Woo Choi   defeats   Youssef Zalal   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Timur Valiev   defeats   Martin Day   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ode Osbourne   defeats   Jerome Rivera   via KO/TKO, Left Cross   0:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 52

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,136
  • Post Score: 333

02.09.2021 | 9:27 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2121st

The issue with both the previous statements is that he is trying to sell his picks. He cant challenge or fully say who is gonna win because then there would be no purpose in purchasing the bets when he gives them away for free on Tapology.  But i do agree, Atleast he is rational and well spoken and seems like a nice individual unlike the ****** mmafortuneteller.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

HiDefff
HiDefff

02.09.2021 | 9:47 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 720th

Not true at all. There are plenty of Touts on twitter who give out free bets as well as sell premium bets as well and still drop breakdowns of every fight with their opinions. RobBrownBetting, Brett Appley, Technical Timz, MMALOTN, ZEE, all of them post plenty of free content that is very useful for some people as well as sell premium bets on their respective sites as well. Its just about your approach here on Tapology. you come in as a white belt posting about your 100's units of profit and your betting record is the only thing you engage talking about than you're never going to get any action here. On the other hand if you're interactive on the site and talk about things other than your record lol and breakdown the fights. and hit over 60% of your bets im sure you're likely to get a few buyers if not more. If you guys want to look at someone for selling bets Check out RobBrownBetting. He has 5 straight years of tracked MMA profit. 
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,136
  • Post Score: 333

02.09.2021 | 11:39 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2121st

A little sample of wine before buying the bottle. I get it. 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

HiDefff
HiDefff

02.09.2021 | 12:32 PM ET

Like my site for SharkHuntersDFS. charge a monthly subscription and all but we also have a trial offer on the site as well. Submit your email and you receive one free lineup for the sport of your choice. We have a $5 week trial if you dont want to commit for a whole month based off of the free line given. I've been on tap for 2 years now or so and i've never once mentioned it in the forums lol I have a few subscribers who came to us directly from Tapology. You dont have to sit in here and boast about your record to gain subscribers from tapology. You just have to be active in here without shoving your product in peoples faces with your every post. So yes a little free wine for example goes a long way if you distribute it right. 
Killbot2000
Killbot2000
  • Predictions:  239  |  79.5%
  • Forum Posts:  38
  • Post Score: 158

02.09.2021 | 9:54 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3388th

Thanks Stephen and Hidef. 
Unfortunately however I have very little to offer in the way of intuition or opinion. I can't give logical arguments about a predicted result, but I can talk numbers. With some colleagues we tried betting on UFC events for a time without much success, but then chose to rely on stats and maths only (we've a few skills between us in that department). I go into it on our site, but in sum our system is designed to remove human intuition completely, which is usually flawed in this game.
MMA is unpredictable, but the information is there to make it more predictable than chance. Every prop bet we've made on the betmma.tips site was calculated by an algorithm we created. Hopefully it'll work into the future, but it certainly works with historical data going back 2 years. It remains to be seen if it has a long term predictive value, but so far so good.
Of course, you can be there to watch if it all comes crashing down.
I hope to change your mind Stephen, that numbers and stats/odds analysis is ultimately where successful betting lives, at least in this sport.

And no more shameless promoting, I promise, haha

"Bet like an economist"

HiDefff
HiDefff

02.09.2021 | 10:39 PM ET

I do agree some numbers can be used when predicting MMA like the previous example you used with Kape and Pantoja going to decision. I personally myself bet that line because I thought it was off. But for other reasons than probably yours. The place it differs from the other sports that you can use algorithms to predict outcomes is that there are no come backs. The fight is timed sure but it can be stopped at any point unlike any other sport. So ML will be off all the time in this sport just for that reason. For example say NFL, If the Chiefs as a favorite say -200 go down 14-21 points by halftime. No matter what they still have a chance to come back and justify that ML. In MMA a KO or Submission from a crazy punch or a lazy takedown attempt and that -200 is done. Theres no next quarter and potential for comeback. So in that sense some numbers won't apply when it comes to the crazy variance of MMA. For that you do need a little Intuition and tape study. The best example of this was Michael Johnson on this card. Throw his numbers out the damn window the second they are released and just bet on his opponent. All his metrics are great but if you WATCH Michael Johnson than you would know his best MMA skill is ripping defeat from the jaws of victory lol. and he's a dead fish once he hits his back. Guida ML was free money if you watched Michael Johnson tape. No numbers applied there. 

* Edited at 02.09.2021, 10:40 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

02.10.2021 | 10:55 AM ET

^

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2398th

@Killbot2000

I agree with @HiDefff again here. Stats are useful but they are no substitute for knowledge and experience. If for instance you have two fighters who both go the distance in most of their fights then of course the stats and logical interpretation align to say that it will go the distance but if it's one stronger fighter who often goes the distance against a fighter who is weaker on paper but can end it all with one shot then that's where you have to study the fighters and make up your own mind as to how likely it is for that shot to land or whether or not the "favourite" fighter can nullify that threat, especially if the "favourite" has never fought against someone like their opponent before. If you're making money with your approach, then good for you and I wish you the best but I just feel that it's unwise to rely on stats alone. 

* Edited at 02.10.2021, 10:56 AM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Page 52

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier