Topic: UFC 250

UFC 250: Nunes vs. Spencer

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,254
  • Post Score: 47

02.19.2020 | 9:01 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 250
  • Saturday 06.06.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 85,000 | TV Ratings: 950,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims, 1.2M peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Amanda Nunes   defeats   Felicia Spencer   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Cody Garbrandt   defeats   Raphael Assunção   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   4:59 Round 2 of 3, 9:59 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Anthony Rocco Martin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Eddie Wineland   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alex Caceres   defeats   Chase Hooper   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ian Heinisch   defeats   Gerald Meerschaert   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right to Ground and Pound   1:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Cody Stamann   defeats   Brian Kelleher   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Maki Pitolo   defeats   Charles Byrd   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:10 Round 2 of 3, 6:10 Total Bout Page
Alex Perez   defeats   Jussier Formiga   via KO/TKO, Leg Kicks   4:06 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Devin Clark   defeats   Alonzo Menifield   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Herbert Burns   defeats   Evan Dunham   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 10

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.05.2020 | 7:21 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2515th

C'mon bro. A sloth injected with methamphetamine is do able. A landshark on the other hand is just stupid and impossible. U may as well hope for a Sharknado
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,952  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,377
  • Post Score: 40

06.05.2020 | 8:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 381st

Nunes vs. Spencer
Amanda Nunes, DEC
there's something to be said that spencer is only 1 of 2 girls to make it to scorecards with cyborg in the past decade, you can't question her heart. still taking amanda to win, but i think a lot of people are gonna be surprised when felicia doesn't just curl up and cry after r1.

Assunção vs. Garbrandt
Cody Garbrandt, DEC
expecting cody to look a little better since he actually took time off to let his brain heal now and if he's anything like his old self then he should be able to force raphael into backpedaling and naked shots.

Sterling vs. Sandhagen
Cory Sandhagen, DEC
hedging emotionally here. gonna pick sandhagen and hope that aljo can use his funky in-and-out style to keep him off his timing. otherwise cory is just so sharp, seems like 135 version of kattar.

Magny vs. Martin
Neil Magny, DEC
think i agree with the consensus here on magny by decision. just not sure that martin will find a finish and that to me points more towards a fight where magny shows off his underappreciated range striking.

O'Malley vs. Wineland
Sean O'Malley, DEC
expecting eddie to plod forward and not throw too much while postmalone over here scurries away whenever he actually commits to a flurry.

Hooper vs. Caceres
Alex Caceres, DEC
i don't thin hooper is that great, in fact i think he's a punchingbag that was nearly beaten by a 1-3 ufc record fighter with submission deficiencies. alex might let him get inside too early and get choked out, but the longer it goes the better. we gotta remember this is someone who had a fantastic striking war with yair, he's more than capable of touching chase's lanky frame.

Heinisch vs. Meerschaert
Gerald Meerschaert, SUB, R2
i know ian has beaten a bjj player before, brought to by carls jrs, but i'm not 100% confident in his gas tank and i'm gonna say the gerald's heart carries him through.

Stamann vs. Kelleher
Cody Stamann, DEC
only time kelleher has been to decision in ufc is with the ghost of renan barao, so i think that means he's gotta finish cody to get the win. and while that's certainly possible if he can hit his body early, i think i like the odds of stamann leading the dance at his pace and turning it up later on.

Byrd vs. Pitolo
Maki Pitolo, TKO, R2
this is the irrelevant coinflip that should be opening the card, not somehow above formiga. having a hard time gauging this one, don't wanna waste too much effort, so i'll just take the underdog for fun. coconut bombz finally shows up and clips byrd.

Formiga vs. Perez
Jussier Formiga, DEC
i was gonna say formiga sub +600 is pretty interesting considering perez has been subbed by much lesser competition, but the 2:1 pick rate has me cautious for some reason. i guess i'll still take formiga, but i'll feel silly after if he loses because it'll probably look one-sided.

Menifield vs. Clark
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
clark has all the tools to be a mainstay, but can't seem to put it together and i won't trust to him to do so now. menifield may very well have to see scorecards for the first time, but i'm still expecting him to control the striking as long as he avoids prolonged clinches.

Dunham vs. Burns
Herbert Burns, TKO, R2
i'll buy into the hype here even though it feels ridiculous to pick burns by tko. i guess i just don't trust that dunham is still in it and while i don't expect him to be submitted, i do expect burns to have the bjj advantage and for that to translate to gnp.

mikesuarez12
mikesuarez12
  • Predictions:  4,965  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 259

06.05.2020 | 8:51 PM ET

Ortega lost!

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2034th

Ortega needs to win another fight. He lost handily to Max and hasn't fought since. Max however defended the title 3 times and his fight with Alex was close af. I think the rematch will be fireworks. 

I want to see Ortega fight Zabit, I think that's a great test for both guys, though I predict Zabit to be the future champ of the division. 

"I've been saying it"

mikesuarez12
mikesuarez12
  • Predictions:  4,965  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 259

06.05.2020 | 8:53 PM ET

It was close...

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2034th

I agree that Volk won 4-1 against Max but each round was razor thin. Volk had the better of the exchanges but Max got plenty of shots in too. Another comparable fight would be JJ vs Zhang. I'd score that fight 4-1 Zhang but each round was super super close. those are some of the best fights 

"I've been saying it"

Hippie
Hippie

06.05.2020 | 9:13 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2908th

Anybody taking Spencer for the **** of it? 

@ mike blahwhatever********nameugot try talking about this card mate!

* Edited at 06.05.2020, 9:17 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.05.2020 | 9:15 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1669th

I currently have her picked. I might keep her because I want to be on the right side of that outcome, even though Nunes is and should rightly be the favorite to win.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,807  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,620
  • Post Score: 279

06.05.2020 | 9:21 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1537th

Im not taking spencer, but i think she has enough grit to take this fight into deep waters.

De randamie has ****** grappling and Nunes kept her grounded pretty well, I'm not sure Nunes will play the same game with Spencer.

Amanda will want to keep this fight standing, but with the smaller cage Spencer has a good chance at making this a grinding affair against the fence in hopes of it going to the ground.

Although the odds are stacked against Spencer, I am intrigued on how this fight plays out if it gets into the third round or later
Hippie
Hippie

06.05.2020 | 9:23 PM ET

Yeah me too Fish.
I agree Pie.

Of course I think Nunes is better, hits like a truck, has ground game.. but I’m still picking Spencer for some reason.

* Edited at 06.05.2020, 9:26 PM ET *

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,824  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,349
  • Post Score: 168

06.05.2020 | 9:28 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 2796th

I think Nunes is going to destroy Spencer the same way she did Meisha Tate, Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, and Cris Cyborg.
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,807  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,620
  • Post Score: 279

06.05.2020 | 9:31 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1537th

Nunes -600
Spencer +400

That could entice a bet
Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  2,976  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

06.05.2020 | 10:03 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2598th

Spencer...that will be the name of a girl in an ER within 27 hours

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  2,976  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

06.05.2020 | 10:04 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2598th

Schevchenko > Nunes > Zhang > every other girl fighter ever > Eye

"R.I.P. Beneil"

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,867  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

06.05.2020 | 10:22 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 622nd

if i was a gambling man i would make a 3 unit play on spencer @+450 and hedge that bet with a 4 unit play on nunes by ko/tko which is currently -145. i dont think it goes the distance and i dont think nunes can submit spencer.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Hippie
Hippie

06.05.2020 | 10:40 PM ET

Ep4

FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,900  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

06.06.2020 | 12:39 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2187th

Good everyone made weight !!! 
FireFist45
FireFist45

06.06.2020 | 12:41 AM ET

Best you do it ...

Go for it -- be the Huckleberry
FireFist45
FireFist45

06.06.2020 | 2:04 AM ET

SideShow Sean 'OMalley - the Clown

https://images.app.goo.gl/RpYcVhtnzpDRz95p6

this kid will get humbled one day soon...
KO2019
KO2019
  • Predictions:  3,517  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  370
  • Post Score: 198

06.06.2020 | 7:49 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1837th

Magny vs. Martin
Neil Magny, DEC
Easy for Magny if he just avoid leg kicks

O'Malley vs. Wineland
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R2
O'Malley will get it done

Hooper vs. Caceres
Chase Hooper, SUB, R2
Ben's son is fun prospect

Heinisch vs. Meerschaert
Gerald Meerschaert, DEC
Year ago I would have said Heinish by 1 rd KO

Stamann vs. Kelleher
Cody Stamann, DEC
I like Keller, but pick Stamann

Byrd vs. Pitolo
Charles Byrd, TKO, R1
Only Hawaiians will pick PitoLOLo. He's really bad.. and fake.

Formiga vs. Perez
Jussier Formiga, SUB, R2
Formiga beat Moreno, but Moreno is judges puppy. I still pick Formiga here, all day

Menifield vs. Clark
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R1
Devin "Leg day - everyday" Clark. easy job for good Christian Alonzo.

"They're All On Steroids Bro!"

Hippie
Hippie

06.06.2020 | 8:40 AM ET

Ep5

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,468  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

06.06.2020 | 8:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 655th

Nunes vs. Spencer
Amanda Nunes, TKO, R2
Ooooh boy. I see Spencer taking a real shellacking here. No way around it. I definitely see Nunes sparking Spencer somewhere around Round 2-3. I'll have to check my stat book, but I think Nunes is chasing history again, by becoming the first woman to win 5, PPV main-event's. I have to check but I'm pretty sure that's the number.

Assunção vs. Garbrandt
Raphael Assunção, DEC
Its hard to believe it's been so long already, but Cody Garbrandt hasn't tasted victory in 3½ years since putting on a master-class performance vs. Dominick Cruz. Since then, hes only lost 3x & gotten KO'd 3x in the process. And I'm not real sure about Garbrandt even beating mid-tier Bantamweights. Way I see it, the crisp counter shots from Assunçao helps carry him to victory over the trigger happy brawler in Garbrandt, giving Cody 4 straight losses.

Sterling vs. Sandhagen
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
*****FIGHT OF THE NIGHT ALERT***** Seriously, how can it not be? This was my biggest flip-flopper all week. I REEEEAALLY enjoy Cory Sandhagen. And as far as now, I "almost" feel like he's been an over-achiever so far. Because I wasnt expecting him to do as well as he has. And he's shoved those thoughts down my throat. But style wise, I think Aljo might be one of the worse matchups for Sandhagen. He'll probably shove those thoughts down my throat again tooo. I just think Sterling's wrestling & grappling will be the advantage.

O'Malley vs. Wineland
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
Dude. C'mon. Eddie Wineland is tooooo damn one-dimensional to even try to keep up & compete with O'Malley. Should be outta there within the 1st frame.

Hooper vs. Caceres
Chase Hooper, DEC
Idk about you, but Alex Caceres is one of the more frustrating fighters. Because they should do wayy better, like you know they're more than capable and also because of how hot & cold and inconsistent they are. You know he's got the skill & techniques to compete, but idk what happens. Just frustrating. You'll watch him do really well, and then lays a turd against guys "he should beat". Unfortunately for Bruce Leroy, Hooper wouldn't be classified under guys that Caceres should easily beat. Caceres is in for a full night of with Hooper. I think Caceres has the skills to NOT get finished off, but I've said that before as well. Hooper by Decision.

Heinisch vs. Meerschaert
Ian Heinisch, DEC
I'm not sure what it is, but GM3 just flat irritates me. Almost as bad as Elias Theodorou's dumbass

Byrd vs. Pitolo
Charles Byrd, DEC
I find it extremely hard to back Maki Pitolo after that epicly disastrous ugliness of a fight he had against a smaller, less technical, less athletic, less everything Callan Potter. And pretty much looked like an amateur for 15 mins. Noooope. No "Coconut Bombz" for me.

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Could Smell Your Fear’
  • Bad Left Hook : Adames vs Gausha and Puello vs Russell reportedly set for June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Don’t Care About The Title. I Just Want To Fight Jones’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Required To Reveal Earnings From Proper No. Twelve Sale
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60