Topic: UFC on ESPN+ 19

UFC on ESPN+ 19: Joanna vs. Waterson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,128
  • Post Score: 47

05.13.2019 | 10:15 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ESPN+ 19
  • Saturday 10.12.2019 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC on ESPN+ 19: Joanna vs. Waterson
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Tampa
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: WME-IMG
  • Venue: Amalie Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $897,805
  • Attendance: 10,597
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Joanna Jędrzejczyk   defeats   Michelle Waterson-Gomez   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Kron Gracie   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Niko Price   defeats   James Vick   via KO/TKO, Upkick   1:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Mackenzie Dern   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matt Frevola   defeats   Luis Pena   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Gerald Meerschaert   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ryan Spann   defeats   Devin Clark   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:01 Round 2 of 3, 7:01 Total Bout Page
Mike Davis   defeats   Thomas Gifford   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   4:45 Round 3 of 3, 14:45 Total Bout Page
Alex Morono   defeats   Max Griffin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Tim Elliott   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   3:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Marlon Vera   defeats   Andre Ewell   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 3 of 3, 13:17 Total Bout Page
Miguel Baeza   defeats   Hector Aldana   via KO/TKO, Leg Kick to Ground and Pound   2:32 Round 2 of 3, 7:32 Total Bout Page
Marvin Vettori   defeats   Andrew Sanchez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
JJ Aldrich   defeats   Lauren Mueller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 25

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

10.12.2019 | 11:49 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1516th

***? no bonus for mike davis? If it went to decision it would of been 30-25 30-25 30-24 unanimous

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Adrian99
Adrian99
  • Predictions:  6,619  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  232
  • Post Score: 409

10.12.2019 | 11:52 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 94th

Lionheart Smith told MMAjunkie this week that Thomas Gifford was the toughest fighter he has ever known... but I didnt think he meant what happened tonight

******* Andrew Glenn this "Referee" should be investigated for corruption and Im serious this ******* probably had money on the fight going the distance

Mike Davis did his thing but damn i dont know how i feel about what i watched today

...also **** Mark Montoya while im at it
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

10.13.2019 | 12:23 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 2184th

I disagree with Smith but get what he’s saying. That said, that was ruthless. Corner should’ve thrown the towel. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,794  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

10.13.2019 | 3:42 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 319th

**** it, I enjoyed the beat down 

Yves lavigne applauds the reffing and so do I.

There was zero disputes on who won and no complaints of early stoppage.

If anybody deserves blame it’s his corner.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.13.2019 | 8:07 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 705 Points   |   Tied for 195th

@Swain Damage is the main criteria, but the broken foot wasn't caused by Waterson, it was caused by Joanna. And even if it wasn't, the criteria of damage is contained to rounds--it's not tallied up Net at the end of the fight.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 3 days, 23 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

10.13.2019 | 9:04 PM ET

@fish. Thanks for you wordy insight stating nothing I haven’t known before you heard of mma. Also you’re wrong. It was from her checking kicks. 

What I was doing is  called sarcasm. I’m surprised with your vastly superior intellect, mastering of the obvious, fighter bashing breakdowns, general “if you don’t agree with me youre wrong and a stupid head” approach and general wordsmithery you never heard of it. 

It stinks in here now. Run along and have mum change the diaper, son. 

PS. I still love you & im not the one who negged that post before you cry about that next 😏 💕 

* Edited at 10.13.2019, 9:47 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.13.2019 | 10:28 PM ET

This is no time to lose the rag over me being annoying bro.

I just found out Bruce has been permabanned.......
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 3 days, 23 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

10.13.2019 | 10:40 PM ET

Dude, you know I love you.  Just thought I’d **** with you as I’m pretty sure you already knew I know what you were telling me.   Like by your own admission, I can score fights. 

That said, ***?  Bruce, my brother. That sucks. I like Bruce a lot. He just didn’t know when to knock it down a bit. He did a lot for this place, from what I understand. That doesn’t put anyone above the rules and etiquette. It’s a shame. The kid has such an excellent MMA IQ and it was obvious. Much better at picking scraps than I am.  Just needs to learn to tone down the emotions at times.  He can go too far. 

All love for him. Hope he finds his place and peace. I’m gonna see if I still have his email and message him this week. 

RIP one of the great prediction artists of his time, 

@MassaBruce

* Edited at 10.13.2019, 10:42 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.13.2019 | 10:43 PM ET

I'm gonna try and plead a case to Greg for giving him another shot. God knows how I'm going to do it and if he outright ignores me I will understand why lol
loudenSwain
loudenSwain

10.13.2019 | 10:58 PM ET

I’ll sign to be possibly ignored as well. 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,927  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,119
  • Post Score: 300

10.14.2019 | 3:36 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 685 Points   |   Tied for 297th

I doubt that'll work Fish bud.  Obviously you know that I wasn't his biggest fan, to me, he stomped about these threads trying to bully and force his over inflated opinion of himself onto everyone else and if you didn't agree or dare to challenge him he would turn into a nasty little prick!!!  I'm no softy but writing all over my wall, threads, even the threads of the events I create that I am a F'gg't, my mother is a ***** who is he going to kill! and oh yeah, a nice creative 1 I got, "I'll decapitate your girlfriend and use the hole as a fleshlight!". Yeah what a top guy!  
It's only words on the internet, so I don't give a ****.  But looking at that, the guy is obviously got issues to even think of writing that sort of crap.  I love busting balls and talking **** and I can give as good as I get but speak about my mother and girl in a ****y way is not on!  
That wasn't what he got banned for by the way.  I was wiling to forget that.  He went on another sexually inappropriate tirade in this thread and in other places.  
To kinda steal his quote that Swain uses.  This is a site for fight fans to talk with other like minded people, no place for creeps! I don't give a **** about you being good at predictions!.

Sorry to bust in on your convo.  I just wanted to say that

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,455  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

10.14.2019 | 3:52 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 730 Points   |   Tied for 110th

What if he could come back, but be restricted from the forums? And that's coming from me. You guys know he got on my **** because i said i didn't mind what time a Russian MMA event came on during the day. And he flipped **** on me. And we were cool. I thought atleast

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

10.14.2019 | 5:29 AM ET

Damn Mikey. I just ignore all that ****. Ima selective reader. That wall **** is unacceptable. As is race, sexual, religious and even political slander (more I’m most likely forgetting). For one, your costing more than your helping, second, it’s simply wrong. No one should have to put up with that kinda abuse. That’s not even trolling it’s just blatant hate speech. 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.14.2019 | 5:47 AM ET

Well, yeah. I mean my opinion of women generally isn't high. Truth be told, if I didn't want to **** them, I wouldn't have anything to do with them whatsoever. I've been told that's because my own Mother was a useless *************. That's how it happens, apparently. Regardless, I still consider them to be for the most part useless creatures who aren't self-reliant and exploit the male sex drive to coast through life. You'd think that attitude would make them less attracted to me, but amazingly, it seems to do precisely the reverse.....which validates me in thinking that they are exactly what I think they are. Did I mention I have a long term girlfriend? LOL...she's got herself a real humdinger....

That said I stop well short of **** and murder talk and would never talk disrespectfully about anyone's mother, partner or kids. There's just some things you don't do.

Like I say, I don't have a good defense as to why Bruce should be allowed back on. Greg has given him an insane amount of chances, more than he deserves, or anyone does. But he's part of this site, and part of what makes in interesting. A big part. There's a hidden value in what he brings to the table beyond updating wikis.  He isn't always raping and pillaging, either. He goes through phases. I can't be sure, but it is remarkably similar behavior to people on roid cycles that I've known. I just accept him for what he is, despite the fact he's called me everything in the book over time and could fill a new one with all the vitriolic **** he's invented. It's just words. There's no real threat. It's fine.

Wouldn't it be a boring world if we were all the same?

* Edited at 10.14.2019, 6:09 AM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.14.2019 | 7:57 AM ET

To be honest lads, its just words on the internet, what harm can be done?  I have dealt with a lot bigger, scarier people and situations in my real life to care much about someone writing some bad words to me online.  Fair enough, I was pissed at 1st and got involved in an argument, but I was over it about half a day after it happened.  I had nothing to do with him being banned, the 1st argument with me on the ACA thread lead to him being suspended, after that I don't know.  I have a fair idea as he started on about Waterson in this thread, then got all ****y and I have no doubt someone told him off and he went and attacked them too! LOL
I say attacked, it's the internet. What can he do?? That's what bugs me, folk online making threats and bold claims about how much of a man they are, when in reality they could be a 11 year old boy or a frigid old man.  That's who I think he was, I thought maybe a kid but now I think he'sa bitter old alcoholic who shouts at strangers on the internet!  Like I told him before, he is a step up from a drunk at a bus stop shouting at passers by!

As for what he contributed to the site?  I don't see it.  He talked about Russian MMA and posted results from the stream he was watching in the chat. That is all.  He didn't update the site, add the events, posters, promotion info, fight results for the 1000's of fights on here.  No all he done, was something that a quick google search could do and he liked to shout about how important he was?  
Sorry Fish, maybe you know him better than I do?  But I think we'll be fine without him.  I doubt that the Russian MMA will collapse, MMAlari does a fine job himself as do the rest of the editors.  All Bruce the builder did was abuse people and think far too highly of himself.

Anyway, I have written far too much for something I claim not to care about!!! LOL  
I really like this site though, so I care about keeping it a place where people want to come and talk fights.  We are all just fight fans, The Hardcores!!!

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

10.14.2019 | 11:35 AM ET

I agree to an extent, Mikey. I couldn’t care less about what’s said most of the time. Especially when yous guys are just talking **** to me  in the fun banter forum sense, like myself, fish, free$ and yourself do or say to each other. That’s just having fun, “locker room talk”, or general **** talking. All ****s and giggles. Nothing for anyone to lose sleep over. Other than a little fun in like or dislike or smh at someone. That’s should all be just used for fun to **** with each other. No problems with that. 

The problem I see, and the predicament hate talk puts the forum is putting the site and forum in jeopardy. For one it’s off putting to new people trying to get started or even older members who wanna talk **** about and during fights but aren’t trying to engage in such meaningless hateful arguments. The father or mother who works all week, takes the kids to sports and whatever else finally gets to sit down and enjoy some fights but isn’t going to a bar but wants to watch with other fans will tune in, read that **** and immediately tune out. Some ****os like me don’t care but that kinda talk isn’t for everyone. It ruins others time. With Twitter, facetogram, instachat and all those other what nots on social media, many are likely to shot by, check tat out and peace out. No time for tat bs. They’ll just go elsewhere and eventually play a different fantasy game elsewhere.

JMO but it’s just not a good look for the site in general. 

* Edited at 10.14.2019, 11:40 AM ET *

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

10.14.2019 | 12:26 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 230th

He got permabanned because of the things he said to us via the customer support inbox. After getting suspended for another 24 hours for typical reasons, he went ballistic with threats and insults. There's only so much we can tolerate.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.14.2019 | 1:38 PM ET

I kinda figured he'd done something like that.  I seen the comments in this thread and I just said 1 or 2 things and left, went to sleep, came back on and he was gone.  So yeah, like I said it's only words but still there is a limit to what you can get away with and he was always way over that limit of just plain and simple common decency.
Can't say I'll miss him.  But let's look out for random new profiles called BassaMoose appearing!! lol

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,455  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

10.14.2019 | 2:10 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 730 Points   |   Tied for 110th

Prolly already made a new profile... Just gotta make a new email address right? But I'm with Swain on this one. I generally could care less what ppl are saying (unless it's something I find completely stupid, then I'll say something) And we all talk **** to each other, but friendly banter. Like brothers fighting. But you can see a big difference between how we talk **** in a friendly manner to each other, and how Bruce talks **** in a nasty manner to anyone who's against him (And that's honestly how it is in his mind. You disagree with his views and opinions, then you're not on his side and you're an enemy) And like Swain said, it's not a goood look for the forums, and definitely NOT a good look for the website in general. It's a turnoff for anyone new. It's a turnoff for the old school members that maybe decided to check in at that exact moment. And it's gotta be a turnoff for current daily members to see such hatred, and sexist filth being spewn about the site. I know i said i generally don't care what ppl are talking about, especially if it doesn't involve me, but I'd rather not see the ****. So I understand

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

10.14.2019 | 2:34 PM ET

You talk a lotta sense Brad,,,,,,,,for a BUM!!!

Page 25

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant Not Looking Past Fellow OnlyFans Star Elle Brooke: ‘I’m Gonna Get Ready For War’