Topic: UFC Fight Night 57

UFC Fight Night 57: Edgar vs. Swanson Discussion Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.21.2014 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 881st

The fighters are weighed in and we're good to go for tomorrow night. 

Two prelims kick off the action on UFC Fight Pass at 7pm ET, then the card turns over to FS1 for the remainder of the night from 8pm through to the main event. 

Should be a good one.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

UFC Fight Night 57
  • Saturday 11.22.2014 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 | Prelims: UFC Fight Pass
  • Name: UFC Fight Night 57: Edgar vs. Swanson
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night Austin
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: Frank Erwin Center
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Brian Stann
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $670,022
  • Attendance: 10,131
  • TV Ratings: 903,000 avg. viewers (1.02M peak)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Frankie Edgar   defeats   Cub Swanson   via Submission, Neck Crank   4:56 Round 5 of 5, 24:56 Total Bout Page
Edson Barboza   defeats   Bobby Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chico Camus   defeats   Brad Pickett   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aleksei Oleinik   defeats   Jared Rosholt   via KO/TKO, Punch   3:21 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Joseph Benavidez   defeats   Dustin Ortiz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matt Wiman   defeats   Isaac Vallie-Flagg   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ruslan Magomedov   defeats   Josh Copeland   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Roger Narvaez   defeats   Luke Barnatt   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
James Vick   defeats   Nick Hein   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Akbarh Arreola   defeats   Yves Edwards   via Submission, Armbar   1:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Paige VanZant   defeats   Kailin Curran   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:54 Round 3 of 3, 12:54 Total Bout Page
Doo Ho Choi   defeats   Juan Manuel Puig   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:18 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 22

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

11.24.2014 | 7:35 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 615th

I agree with what you guys are saying about Lamas, he is a step down from Mendes/Edgar, but I have him above the rest based on him absolutely destroying Bermudez who was on full beast mode before that fight. I think I can agree with the jury be out on Lamas and McGregor at this point.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.24.2014 | 8:26 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 287th

I love how when Bermudez was midst his streak everyone was all "ooooh, contender, feed him Conor, waaah, next champ" even though it was a streak of mediocre fighters and a "loss" while as Lamas has only lost once at 145, to the champ, his run in the division includes Cub (who for some reason was and still is ranked above him), destroys Bermudez displaying both striking and grappling excellence and people still are underrating him.

I don't think Frankie looked that much better than Lamas vs. Aldo, he sort of cruised through both those fights. I also think that Mendes did so well against Aldo more due to the fact that Aldo came in and actually risked getting hit to prove a point (that he can and that everyone should stop talking crap about his conservative style) rather than his usual "keep distance, risk nothing, stay champ forever" gameplan which he sort of adopted after the Hominick scare. If he'd have fought Mendes like he did Lamas and Frankie it would have looked a lot like the Frankie fight.

It's funny how some fighters are constantly sold short while others are constantly blown out of proportion.

By the way, I'm offering an opinion about Lamas here, just a little observation about how people watch this sport.

* Edited at 11.24.2014, 8:38 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

11.24.2014 | 11:36 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 146th

It's that "you're only as good as your last fight" thing. And while not always a fair assessment, it does hold some truth and it explains why Bermudez had a hype train and people slept on Lamas. Lamas had a lackluster loss, and Bermudez was on a winning streak.

And now its reversed. Lamas just got a first round guillotine win and Bermudez just got submitted in the first round.

* Edited at 11.24.2014, 11:55 AM ET *

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

11.24.2014 | 2:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   49th Place

WOLF 49th place, Tacos somewhere in the 900's. Seems about right. Use that Axe more carefully my friend. + _ +
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 22 hours, and 57 minutes from now.

Page 22

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling