Topic: UFC 286

UFC 286: Edwards vs. Usman 3

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,032
  • Post Score: 47

11.22.2022 | 2:20 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 286
  • Saturday 03.18.2023 at 12:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: O2 Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $8,580,000
  • Attendance: 17,588
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Leon Edwards   defeats   Kamaru Usman   via Decision, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Justin Gaethje   defeats   Rafael Fiziev   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gunnar Nelson   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Submission, Armbar   4:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jennifer Maia   defeats   Casey O'Neill   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marvin Vettori   defeats   Roman Dolidze   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Shore   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:27 Round 2 of 3, 9:27 Total Bout Page
Chris Duncan   defeats   Omar Morales   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Yanal Ashmouz   defeats   Sam Patterson   via KO/TKO, Counter Left to Ground Strikes   1:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Jafel Filho   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:32 Round 3 of 3, 14:32 Total Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Gabriel Santos   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Christian Leroy Duncan   defeats   Duško Todorović   via KO/TKO, Knee Injury   1:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jake Hadley   defeats   Malcolm Gordon   via KO/TKO, Hook to the Body and Ground Strikes   1:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Joanne Wood   defeats   Luana Carolina   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jai Herbert   vs.   Ľudovít Klein   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Veronica Hardy   defeats   Juliana Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

Mightypro150
Mightypro150
  • Predictions:  8,881  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  144
  • Post Score: 67

03.11.2023 | 9:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 15 Winners, 0 Perfect, 245 Points   |   Tied for 4697th

Vettori vs. Dolidze
Marvin Vettori, DEC
Vittori only loses to actual division champions. Dolidze is finishing the gatekeepers. Vitorri will do his best to keep it standing.

Murphy vs. Santos
Lerone Murphy, DEC
Leone is next level but it looks like they found another phenom.

Patterson vs. Ashmoz
Sam Patterson, SUB, R3
Watching Patterson's contender fight made me think it was not ufc level. I would not have signed him. But his record says otherwise. Should use his length and hang on to his 15 minutes of fame.

"It's like predicting the future..., except it isn't."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,984  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,082
  • Post Score: 88

03.11.2023 | 10:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 1426th

Edwards vs. Usman III
Kamaru Usman, DEC
Edwards showed he’s elite in the first round of their second fight, but it doesn’t change the fact that he was losing every other round besides that. Now sure, you can make the exucse that the elevation was taxing on him, and it was, but that doesn’t change the fact that Usman was getting the better of him pretty much everywhere. His wrestling is just better and he was bullying leon up against the cage. I’ve seen so many people saying Usman is a glass jaw and his chin is now gone but I vehemently disagree. Everyone gets ko’ed at some point and that head kick would’ve slept anyone in the division. I will gladly pick Usman to win the trilogy

Gaethje vs. Fiziev
Rafael Fiziev, TKO, R3
I wish this was 5 rounds so bad. So, gaethje is the man, but his style is really starting to take a toll on his body. Despite being at elevation, his gas tank is not what it used to be and his defense is also deteriorating rapidly. Yes, do Bronx is very good but man he made gaethje look like an amatuer. I don’t think I’ve ever seen gaethje dropped so quickly. Gaethje is an insane brawler, but I think this is his worst possible matchup. Fiziev is one of the best strikers in all of mma and now he’s getting a guy who loves to get hit. His striking is on another level and I think he’s just gonna slowly break gatehje. Now, Justin will have his moment, as fiziev loves to get hit, but I don’t think he has the durability to beat such a high level striker as fiziev

Wood vs. Carolina
Joanne Wood, DEC
I don’t get this matchmaking at all. Jojo is washed as ****, but look who she’s losing to: Lauren murphy (I thought wood got robbed bad this fight), taila santos, and Alexa grasso who’s now champ. She’s going from two of the best girls in the division to a girl who is barely still in the ufc and got brutalized in this very same arena last year. Carolina is very tall and loves a point fight. But, she hates pressure. Again, wood is washed, but she has all the experience and will pressure carolina which she hates. Idc about this fight at all, and I assume this will be woods retirement fight, so she should take this with ease

Nelson vs. Barberena
Gunnar Nelson, SUB, R2
This is somewhat of an easier fight for Nelson, but also slightly trickier. On the feet, it’s very weird. Nelson is actually a very good technical striker, utilizing his karate to outpoint you, but he also throws 1 strike a minute. Barberena is a sloppy brawler, but he has insane output and never stops brawling. I could see Nelson getting very uncomfortable on the feet, but he has a free win waiting for him once he grapples. I will say, it was kinda disappointing that he wasn’t able to finish sato. Idk if he’s just washed, if that was ring rust, or if sato just has better defense than we all thought. That being said, barberna has negstive grappling. No tdd and no bjj. Nelson may not be the same guy he used to, but his bjj is elite kevel. Should be an easy sub win for him

Vettori vs. Dolidze
Marvin Vettori, DEC
Watching dolidze realize his full potential has been really fun to watch. However, I think the win streak ends here. Outside of pure bjj, I think vettori is just better everywhere. Roman posseses way more power, but he’s pretty slow on the feet and has low output. Vettoris striking isn’t anything to call home about, but he’s aggressive and has good output. He also has been putting in work at TMT and XC to develop after his embarassing performance against rob. I also think vettori is the much better wrestler, although it would be kinda dumb to grapple with dolidze. Dolidze just likes to hug you against the fence. In pure bjj, Roman is just simply better and it’s not close. Vettori is a decent bjj black belt and I do think he can hang with dolidze, but it would be stupid to try. Overall, not fully confident in vettori because he is a bit of an ape, but I think he’s just better than Roman as an mma fighter

Murphy vs. Santos
Lerone Murphy, TKO, R2
Still a bit miffed we missed out of wood vs murphy, but this is a very solid replacement fight. This santos kid is really solid, but, I also have a few concerns. He fights with an insanely aggressive style. He gets right in your face throwing heat, and he uses all of his limbs; very vicious knees and elbows up close and also has a deadly high kick. Now, as good as his striking is, he is a defensive nightmare. He’s shown some very good durability, but man with his style he’s gonna struggle against powerful strikers like murphy. He’s also pretty green despite his age and record; he will make a lot of dumb mistakes and also put himself in compromising positions often. For example, when he was fighting Elvis Brenner, he rocked him badly and decided to go to takedown the bjj black belt with 12 subs. After doing this, he got reversed and almost 10-8’d by Brenner because he got his back. Funny enough, santos can actually grapple pretty well. His bjj is solid and he grapples just like he strikes; all agression. He will attack subs the second he sees an opening. I do worry about the grappling against murphy, as murphy has nonexistent tdd. Now, as bad as it is, he usually stands up with ease and does a great job of not putting himself in bad positions. If santos is attacking all these subs and not finishing guys on the regional scene, I think murphy should be ok. I think santos will have a good future in the ufc but this is a very rough fight for him on short notice. Unless murphy is totally washed from injuries or ****s the bed I think he should take this with relative ease

Duncan vs. Morales
Omar Morales, DEC
How the **** is Duncan the favorite? Did u guys not watch his dwcs fights? I think Duncan was the worst signing of the 2022 season (he’s the saimon Olivera of this season). He is extremely reliant on landing his left hand, headhunts, has very bad defense, an awful chin, very poor grappling (couldn’t hold down Slava), and a bad gas tank sd well. Now, morales is no world beater, but he is a very solid guy. He is a point fighter with a well rounded game. He doesn’t use his grappling very much but it’s decent. Where he thrives is on the feet; his kickboxing is classic Henri hooft style; keep it simple stupid. He sticks to the basics and never deviates. Rewatching the medic fight, he was actually doing very well, and then got hit with one big shot at the end of round 1 and never recovered. Yes, he’s old and losing fights, but man I really don’t think she’s so washed to the point he loses to a can like Duncan. I will be shocked if Duncan wins a ufc fight

Shore vs. Amirkhani
Jack Shore, TKO, R3
Idk how to feel about shore going up a weight class. He wasn’t doing bad at all at 135 and a loss to simon is nothing to be ashamed of. But, I guess he wasn’t feeling his best at the weight class. Idrk what to expect at 145, but he’s getting a very easy fight here. Makwan used to be good, but has fallen off badly in recent years. At his best, he was one of the best wrestlers at the weight class with a very dangerous series of front chokes in his arsenal. Now, his wrestling is not so dominant, he gets reversed all the time, and he has no gas tank. Now, he’s fighting a guy with insanely good tdd. Shores balance and technique when defending is super legit; unless the size advantage proves to be too much, I don’t think he will have any trouble in the grappling. On the feet it’s not really close. Shore has a laser beam of a jab and very good striking as it is. I think he will defend the takedowns and just beat makwan until he quits

Patterson vs. Ashmoz
Sam Patterson, SUB, R1
This ashmoz guy isn’t horrible, but he doesn’t do anything that makes you think “wow this guy is a ufc fighter”. In fact, I don’t even understand how he got to the ufc in the first place. He has no hype, is unknown to 99.9% of mma fans, and watchinng his tape, he doesn’t do anything that is exciting or special. He’s a shorter guy whose gameplan consists of takedowns and gnp. His striking is pretty meh, but he does have some decent power. However, he just uses his striking to close the distance. His wrestling, much like his striking, is just meh. He can be takendown with ease and he’s not a dominant wrestler himself. Patterson on the other hand is a very interesting prospect. He is a freakishly giant lw, but funny enough is a grappler. His actual striking is very solid, but he doesn’t fight behind a jab and he doesn’t use his length well at all. My biggest concern with him is the tall man’s defense; he never tucks the chin and uses his height to avoid shots. It’s always a concern when he’s fighting but I really doubt ashmoz will do much of anything to him. Now pattersons grappling is super legit. With his long arms, he has a desdly guillotine choke and he is very effective on the mat. I don’t rate this ashmoz guy at all and honestly he seems like a gorimbo-type of signing. Ez win for Sam

Mokaev vs. Filho
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS FIGHT. I think mokaev is very talented, but his skill level is not on the same level as his hype. I would describe mokaev as a hall of nervous energy. He is always doing extra and unnecessary things on the feet that cause him to exert a lot of energy. His striking is also just awkward. Again, he fights with a. Nervous energy and will do a lot of dumb things or lots of high energy explosive shots. What I also don’t like about his striking is when he tries to do a prime anderson silva impression and rely on head movement fir defense. Now, even tho I’m shutting on him, his talent level is very high, he’s just incredibly green for the hype he has. His wrestling is among the best, if not the best at flyweight. However, there are a lot of causes for concern in this fight. First, the elephant in the room, mokaevs shoulder. He forgave surgery on his shoulder just so that he could fight in front of a crowd and stay active. I respect that, but man it is so risky to fight with a shoulder that isn’t 100%; he lands the wrong way on a takedown and he’s just ****** himself. The second concern is his opponent. Filho is not known to many and making his debut, but he is very deserving of this opportunity. His striking is pretty solid; stays composed and hits hard, but where he thrives is the grappling. His bjj, and more specifically his top control is incredible. The caveat with this is that he ultimately is fine with lying on his back, which is a cardinal sin when fighting a wrestler. Ultimately, I have to pick mokaev but for the bettors I would stay the hell away from this fight

Duncan vs. Todorović
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R2
I don’t think you could get a better debut opponent than dusko todorovic. Dusko has some skills, but he’s very beatable everywhere. His striking is meh and he has power, but he doesn’t move his bean shaped head whatsoever and relies on toughness as his defense. Since CLD is a striker, my biggest worry is his tdd. However, dusko has legit some of the worst wrestling in the ufc. His accuracy is 12% and the sad part is he has well over 20 takedowns attempted in the ufc. Even if he does get it to the ground, his bjj is bad and he doesn’t understand control very well. CLD is a very good striker. He has such an unorthodox and dynamic striking style you never know what he’s gonna throw. He will throw everything: axe kicks, spinning elbows, flying knees, tomahawk elbows, you name it, CLD has it in his arsenal. Duskos iq isn’t good enough to make the proper reads on the feet and I think he gets destoryed with ease

Hadley vs. Gordon
Jake Hadley, TKO, R1
Glad to see hadley getting on a big card so he can showcase his skills. He had a flat debut, but showed the potential he has in his last fight. On the feet, this isn’t remotely close. Hadley has very good boxing fundamentals, but hard, and can push an insane pace. Gordon has no chin, and knows he has no chin, so he tucks his chin and just aimlessly throws heat to try and close the distance. He keeps this same aggressiveness with his grappling as well. His wrestling is pretty good and he is a solid black belt as well. My one issue with hadley is his tdd is **** and he is also content to play bjj off of his back. I could see Gordon having success with the wrestling, but I don’t see him holding down hadley for longer than a round. Either his gas tank is gonna give out or hadley will sub him. Even if he does get hadley down, hadley has a very good series of gogo/omoplata sweeps to get on top. That being said, all fights start on the feet and I don’t think Gordon’s chin can take hadleys striking

Maia vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
When this first got announced I was very confident in Casey and after tape I almost want to switch to Maia. Rewatching Casey, she has a lot of good qualities but also does a lot of stuff wrong. For starters, her striking is horrible. Yes, she has insane output and gets in your face throwing the kitchen sink, but she is a stationary target on the feet. I mean her striking defense is some of the worst I’ve ever seen; she gets rocked like a bobblehead with almost every punch. Maia on the other hand has no issue fighting off her back foot and is actually a really good counterstriker. She has a lot of movement and is usually pretty hard to hit. I could see this looking like Maia vs eye on the feet: Casey is gonna be plodding forward throwing volume and Maia is gonna be pedaling back trying to counter her. The grappling is also interesting. Maia never uses her bjj offensively, but she is a really good black belt. Casey’s wrestling isn’t amazing, but she will chain attempts together until she gets you down. Once on the ground, she throws hellacious ground and pound, and loves to trap limbs to do more damage. Maia does play bjj off her back, and Casey actually does get put in a lot of bad positions on the ground, but I think she can do enough to win. Again, not as confident as I first was in Casey; I actually think she’s really overrated now. Honestly, she kinda reminds me of Julianna miller with worse bjj

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,528  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,287
  • Post Score: 151

03.11.2023 | 10:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 1735th

Edwards vs. Usman III
Leon Edwards, DEC
Going with the younger fighter in his home country who knows he can survive the grappling. Edwards won't be as gassed this fight & he was able to take Usman down in the first round last fight. 49-46 Edwards

Gaethje vs. Fiziev
Rafael Fiziev, TKO, R2
Fiziev is the better striker in a stand up fight. Tko from body kicks

Wood vs. Carolina
Luana Carolina, DEC
I'm not even sure Wood even trains anymore. I know Grasso is the champ now but when wood got choked out by her it's because she had her hands on the floor while Grasso had her back. I don't trust woods commitment

Nelson vs. Barberena
Gunnar Nelson, SUB, R2
Barberena has terrible Takedown & grappling defense

Vettori vs. Dolidze
Marvin Vettori, DEC
Italian Chad vs Georgian Chad. I say Italian Chad will out Chad Georgian Chad

Murphy vs. Santos
Lerone Murphy, DEC
Santos is good but it's a tough fight for Santos to make his ufc debut on short.

Duncan vs. Morales
Chris Duncan, TKO, R3
I feel like I should fade Duncan but morales looks passed his prime & doesn't seem to have that dawg in him

Shore vs. Amirkhani
Jack Shore, DEC
Makwan is first round finish or bust & while shore will be smaller I believe bantamweights are way more talented than featherweights.

Patterson vs. Ashmoz
Sam Patterson, SUB, R2
Feels like a parlay killer but I Patterson has a 9 inch reach advantage so i think it'll be difficult for ashmoz will be able to get on the inside of Patterson. Also Patterson has great grappling so I'm ashmoz gets his takedowns I don't think he'll be able to stay on top & effectively use his G&P

Mokaev vs. Filho
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
Staying away from betting on this because of how big of a favorite mokaev is. His shoulder injury worries me & Filho is no joke but his grappling defense doesn't seem good enough to beat mokaev

Duncan vs. Todorović
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R1
CLD will spinning back elbow Duskos giant baby head out of the O2 arena

Hadley vs. Gordon
Jake Hadley, SUB, R3
Gordon has pretty good wrestling but pretty bad everywhere else.

Maia vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
I like O'Neills pace. Maia has a chance but I'll go with the younger more improving fighter

Herbert vs. Klein
Ľudovít Klein, DEC
Jai Herbert doesn't even trust his own chin.

Macedo vs. Miller
Juliana Miller, SUB, R3
Macedo is pretty small for flyweight. She's still very young so we'll see what she's improved on in her time off but I'll go with ********** miller setting a high pace and being too big for macedo

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,868  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

03.11.2023 | 11:46 PM ET

AyyLmaonnaise

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 3241st

I think you’re being a little too harsh on Chris Duncan, and that’s coming from a guy who thinks he sucks. I agree he’s very basic and relies on his right hand way too much, but calling his chin “awful” strikes me as odd. He got knocked out by Viacheslav, whom, while not a great fighter, is a formidable striker with scary hand power. I’m not saying Omar isn’t the overall better suited talent in this matchup, but he isn’t a spring chicken either. As rubbish as Duncan’s overall technique is, it’s been proven gifted power alone can carry you far up the ladder. I would hesitate betting on Omar too tbh.

Also, I’d like to bring up that aspect about Gunnar Nelson’s low fight output. I’m actually a huge Gunnar Nelson fan and agree with this point wholeheartedly, but there’s a reason as to why his volume is so lackadaisical. His entire gameplan is to point fight you at a distance to the point of annoyance, then when you start to get overly emotional, he uses your reckless aggression against you to force you into a jiujitsu match. Gunnar LOVES jiujitsu, when he gets to rolling, he’s like a pedophile in a day care. Even when he has you stunned on the feet, he’d still rather drag you to the ground than knock you out (Example: Alan Jouban). It’s bizarre and kind of a glaring weakness depending on the matchup, but it makes him very unique and quite a cancerous matchup for Bryan. 

* Edited at 03.11.2023, 11:46 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 1 week, 6 days, 21 hours, and 20 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,984  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,082
  • Post Score: 88

03.11.2023 | 11:50 PM ET

@sabbath that’s a valid point, but I don’t think Duncan has the skill to ko him. Morales got slept in the medic fight because medic has power, but he also has technique. What I’ve seen from Duncan is he is a headhunter and looks to land that one bomb. I’m definitely not betting on this fight but I think morales is just the better fighter here 

As for Nelson I don’t know if his point figbting is really gonna bother barberena. Bryan just really shows no respect for anyone striking and just wants to bang. What will probably happen is he gets too aggressive and Gunnar will slip around to the back and take it to the mat 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.12.2023 | 12:02 AM ET

Fair point, I suppose time will tell on the matter. I’ve made way dumber predictions. I was pretty convinced at one point Jamahal Hill was “above average” at best, so this take wouldn’t even make the top 20 of the dumbest **** I’ve ever said on this site.

Bryan’s aggression could be a problem at first, but he will 110% get put to the ground before he’s able to get anything off. Once Gunnar has his hands on him, he’ll stick to Bryan like flies on a pile of ****. 

* Edited at 03.12.2023, 12:03 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 1 week, 6 days, 21 hours, and 20 minutes from now.
SevenLakerSeth
SevenLakerSeth
  • Predictions:  4,728  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,192
  • Post Score: 143

03.12.2023 | 12:59 AM ET

God that Wood/Carolina fight is an eyesore. 
Sabbath
Sabbath

03.12.2023 | 1:08 AM ET

SevenLakerSeth

The second my eyes glossed over this fight being announced, I heard actual crickets perp from outside my house. 
mezzor
mezzor
  • Predictions:  539  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  571
  • Post Score: -181

03.12.2023 | 6:56 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 3650th

I've made lots of money betting on Georgian underdogs. I will do it again who is going to stop me ?
This user is suspended from posting until 3 months, 4 days, 12 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
mezzor
mezzor

03.12.2023 | 6:58 AM ET

Bum andrew and bracket that pick favourites all the time ???
This user is suspended from posting until 3 months, 4 days, 12 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
SeMiAt
SeMiAt
  • Predictions:  1,985  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 13

03.12.2023 | 8:23 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 402nd

Edwards vs. Usman III
Leon Edwards, TKO, R3
Looking forward to this one. Did Edward's fix his cardio issue from the last fight and better gameplan for Usmans grappling? Will Usman be hesitant to engage after getting knocked out?

Gaethje vs. Fiziev
Rafael Fiziev, TKO, R1
This is a horrible matchup for Gaethje. Fiziev has excellent takedown defence and is a technical striker with knockout power from every limb.

Nelson vs. Barberena
Gunnar Nelson, SUB, R1
Should look similar to Barberena's last fight. Nelson will kick from range and keep the fight technical until he gets a takedown.

Vettori vs. Dolidze
Marvin Vettori, DEC
Hard fight to pick. Vettori has a granite jaw and a relentless pace. If he can't finish Vettori in the 1st he will get decisioned.

Shore vs. Amirkhani
Jack Shore, TKO, R2
Shore is tough to takedown. Amirkhani only has one round in the gas tank. Shore will get the finish in round 2 or 3.

Mokaev vs. Filho
Muhammad Mokaev, DEC
Shocked to see Mokaev fighting fresh off a surgery.

Murphy vs. Santos
Lerone Murphy, DEC
UFC gonna UFC and match up undefeated prospects. Murphy looks like a top 15 fighter, but barely makes it to the cage.

Duncan vs. Todorović
Christian Leroy Duncan, TKO, R1
Duncan should score a knockout. Todorovic is a hard hitting punching bag with no head movement.

Hadley vs. Gordon
Jake Hadley, SUB, R2
Expecting Gordon to miss weight here. Should be a fun scrap.

Herbert vs. Klein
Ľudovít Klein, TKO, R1
Herbert is a good fighter, his chin is nonexistent though. Going with Klein.

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,045  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,970
  • Post Score: 137

03.12.2023 | 9:02 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 1257th

I'm truthfully not trying to **** on this card because there's 15 fights and I'll watch them all, but if Fiziev wasn't on this card I think 50% of my interest would be gone immediately.

foppa420
foppa420

03.12.2023 | 9:12 AM ET

Vettori is even harder to put away than Hermansson and he's apparently been really working on his striking.

Tough call but would be lying if I said I wasn't pulling for Dolidze. There's some very fun Middleweight match-ups to be made in the 2nd half of 2023 if the cards fall right.

Chimaev vs. Whittaker
Doldize vs. Cannonier
Strickland vs. Costa 
Allen vs. Imavov

If Izzy wins his belt back I think he fights DDP and gets 1 more title defense in before officially moving up to LHW and ducking the **** out of Chimaev. 
ryanQ
ryanQ
  • Predictions:  975  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  634
  • Post Score: 92

03.12.2023 | 9:21 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1970th

Anyone else thinks this Yanal Ashmouz guy is solid, still watching tape on this fight but I wasn’t expecting much, and so far this guy is really solid. Does anyone know if this is short notice for him?
tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,425  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,340
  • Post Score: 168

03.12.2023 | 9:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 935th

Vettori vs. Dolidze
Roman Dolidze, DEC
I think Roman Dolidze pulls out a decision win.

foppa420
foppa420

03.12.2023 | 9:31 AM ET

@ryan

Don't think it's short notice and also haven't done a deep dive on Ashmoz yet. However, I can already understand why he's a massive dog. He's 6 inches shorter than Patterson. 

Israeli MMA is also very much like Chinese MMA: new and still developing. I force myself to temper expectations for fighters from these countries because the quality of competition they face coming up just isn't that good. You have no idea what you're getting until they get to the big stage.

Ashmoz definitely looks like he's got talent. Would be cool to see another Israeli fighter find success in the UFC besides Levy. 
tonycline7777
tonycline7777
  • Predictions:  7,244  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

03.12.2023 | 10:22 AM ET

Not short notice

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 2223rd

Ashmouz fight was announced Jan 22, so definitely not short notice.
Sabbath
Sabbath

03.12.2023 | 10:27 AM ET

Mezzor

Hey Mezzor, honest question, what’s like being a man born with two sets of ******s?
mezzor
mezzor

03.12.2023 | 10:56 AM ET

You oughta know sweetie
Sabbath
Sabbath

03.12.2023 | 10:58 AM ET

Mezzor

No, I don’t. That’s why I’m asking you.

Wait, are you hitting on me?

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Jonathan Pearce 54% David Onama 46%
  • Jonathan "JSP" Pearce (14-5-0) AZ, US is the #22nd Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • David "Silent Assassin" Onama (11-2-0) MO, US is the #39th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada