Topic: UFC Fight Night

Remember, EARLY START TOMORROW. Good luck everyone!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,045  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,966
  • Post Score: 137

06.04.2022 | 12:40 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 2133rd

Volkov vs. Rozenstruik   
Volkov by decision
Love me some Bigi Boi but I think Volkov controls the distance and cruises to a decision here. I just don't see Volkov getting finished in back to back fights and think his experience will be the difference. Again, I love Rozenstruik but this is a tall task no pun intended. I liked the fight he had scheduled with Tybura before this as a better stepping stone. 

Ige   vs.   Evloev   
Evloev by decision
Ige has the slightly better resume but I still think Evloev rides him to a decision win.  Will be an interesting fight to watch the live odds on. Evloev definitely tends to fade pretty hard in round 3. Ige as tough as they come and gonna be pretty much impossible for Evloev to get out of there. Ige isn't really a finisher either so I'm definitely not betting on this fight. To much unpredictability and while Ige ML is great money, he's a big underdog for a reason. 

Trizano   vs.   Almeida   
Trizano KO/TKO round 3
I feel like Trizano is being given a solid opportunity for a finish here. Almeida QOC isn't there and he's coming down to 145 for this fight. He can probably make it interesting but I'll be really surprised if Trizano can't get a finish. While only 2-2 in his last 4 with 1 being a split win I'd argue all 4 of those opponents are better than anyone Almeida has fought. I will probably avoid this fight for betting purposes despite high confidence in Trizano. 

Botelho   vs.   Silva   
Silva by submission, round 2
Silva appears to have some real power but doesn't have a very impressive record in terms of QOC. Botelho has fought much better fighters but doesn't really have a notable win. Botelho likely needs a win to avoid being cut. Silva really throws a lot of power and effort into goign for finishes so the longer Botelho can survive I think her chances of winning increase exponentially. I think Silva eventually gets another finish. I know it wasn't against a top quality opponent but her finish in her last fight is a gnarly neck snatch. 

Osbourne   vs.   Adashev   
Osbourne by decision
This fight should be very close but stylistically could be also prove to be very boring. I think Ode abuses his reach and cruises to decision win here. Adashev has good enough striking that he could keep each round close but I don't think it will be enough to get it done without a KO, which is unlikely. 

Menifield   vs.   Mozharov   
Menifled by KO/TKO round 1
I don't see this fight lasting very long like most people. However, both may start off hesitant and we could have a very boring first round worst case scenario. If this fight hits the ground I think Mozharov is probably cooked. As bad as Menifeld is he only loses this fight by not respecting Mozharov on the feet, especially if he comes hot out of the gate chopping his leg with kicks. Any guy who was throwing fights for money at some point is probably going all in at the chance for a 50k bonus. I definitely don't love the fact that Menifeld felt some of William Knights power and then panick clinched/hugged his way into a decision loss, but Mozharov has done nothing noteable as a professional to make me think he can come in and startch Menifeld. Stranger things have happened, of course. What would be more funny: Mozharov winning this fight by decision, or him KOing Menifeld in the first round only to have *another* fight removed from his record and a suspension sometime in the next year for steroids?

Herrig   vs.   Kowalkiewicz   
Kowalkiewicz by decision

why

Solecki   vs.   da Silva   
Solecki by submission, round 2
Solecki is a very boring fighter and is very position over submission. da Silva is a notorious one round fighter. As long as Solecki survives the first round, he likely cruises to an easy decision or 2nd/3rd round sub. da Silva has been off for over a year and could have made some improvements but he'd have to finish Solecki to get a win here and I don't see it. 
Jackson   vs.   Argueta   
Can Argueta survive a round? Jackson round 1 +175 seems like good money to me, but probably a fight to stay away from betting wise.

Saint-Denis   vs.   Stolze   
Saint Denis by submission, round 1
Tough fight to call with both guys coming down to LW. Neither looked terrible on the scales. I think Saint Denis is an animal and don't think this fight would be close at welterweight. Stolze can hang striking wise but nowhere else. Again, I don't always like using MMA math this way and say what you want about the performance, but Saint Denis went a hard 15 with a borderline ranked WW in his debut. Stolze barely lasted a minute in his last fight with a guy who isn't even in the UFC anymore. 

Gravely   vs.    Munoz Jr.   
Munoz by decision
Lots of close fights on this card but this might be the closest. I'm not quite sure yet where I rate Munoz but this definitely doesn't seem like a fight that stylistically leans in Gravelys favor. Both guys chase takedowns, but Munoz more specifically chases submissions. Gravelys only path to victory is holding Munoz down, getting the better of the grappling exchanges, and making him chase submissions from bottom. Regardless of whether Munoz dominates the grappling or just gets taken down and willingly engages, I like his chances of either sinking in a sub or just taking the decision. It really all comes down to how Gravely mixes it up and if he can keep this fight standing for stretches. While I don't always like looking at fights this way using MMA math, one guy went the distance with Nate Maness while the other got finished. I think Munoz' striking is good enough that it tips the decision in his favor if it comes to it. 

Molina   vs.   Zhumagulov
Molina by decision
Say whatever you want about Zhalgas, this dude only takes tough fights. He could make this fight close if he keeps himself in tight and negates Molina's striking from distance, but that'll be easier said than done. I think Molina is unfortunately too big and either wins a clean decision here with his superior striking or gets a late finish. 

Michailidis   vs.   Fakhretdinov   
Fahkretdinov by KO/TKO round 2

Rinat's QOC is not very good but even in the limited quality tape he has, he clearly has skill. He hits extremely hard and seems to be an above average grappler.  Both he and Michailidis are cutting to 170lbs for the first time, which is certainly noteworthy. While I don't know how it will effect Rinat, I've seen Michalidis gas more than once at 185. Thats enough for me to back Rinat and take him for a finish. 

Blanchfield   vs.   Aldrich   
Blanchfield by decision
Takedowns will win Blanchfield a round bare minimum. This fight should end up being closer than the odds are suggesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Aldrich is able to stuff some of Blanchfields takedowns and steal a round herself. I think Blanchfield clearly dominates 1 round and will make at least one other round look convincing enough to tip it in her favor, thus giving her the decision win. 
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Jairzinho Rozenstruik   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:12 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Dan Ige   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lucas Almeida   defeats   Michael Trizano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   0:55 Round 3 of 3, 10:55 Total Bout Page
Karine Silva   defeats   Poliana Botelho   via Submission, D'arce Choke   4:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ode Osbourne   defeats   Zarrukh Adashev   via KO/TKO, Counter Right Hook to Ground Strikes   1:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Askar Mozharov   via KO/TKO, Elbows From Crucifix   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Karolina Kowalkiewicz   defeats   Felice Herrig   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:01 Round 2 of 3, 9:01 Total Bout Page
Joe Solecki   defeats   Alex da Silva   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Damon Jackson   defeats   Dan Argueta   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Benoit Saint-Denis   defeats   Niklas Stolze   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:32 Round 2 of 3, 6:32 Total Bout Page
Tony Gravely   defeats   Johnny Munoz Jr.   via KO/TKO, Uppercut to Ground Strikes   1:08 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jeff Molina   defeats   Zhalgas Zhumagulov   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rinat Fakhretdinov   defeats   Andreas Michailidis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Erin Blanchfield   defeats   JJ Aldrich   via Submission, Standing Guillotine Choke   2:38 Round 2 of 3, 7:38 Total Bout Page

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins