Topic: UFC 280

UFC 280: Oliveira vs. Makhachev

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,132
  • Post Score: 47

03.18.2022 | 1:52 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 280
  • Saturday 10.22.2022 at 10:30 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Etihad Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Attendance: 13,400
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:16 Round 2 of 5, 8:16 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   T.J. Dillashaw   via KO/TKO, Strikes From Back Mount   3:44 Round 2 of 5, 8:44 Total Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Petr Yan   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Mateusz Gamrot   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Katlyn Cerminara   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Belal Muhammad   defeats   Sean Brady   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Caio Borralho   defeats   Makhmud Muradov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nikita Krylov   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abubakar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Gadzhi Omargadzhiev   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Armen Petrosyan   defeats   AJ Dobson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Malcolm Gordon   via Submission, Armbar   4:26 Round 3 of 3, 14:26 Total Bout Page
Karol Rosa   defeats   Lina Länsberg   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 60

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

10.17.2022 | 1:29 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3130th

goddamn this card starts at 7AM for me, lol i gotta make like 3 alarms or i'll forget

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Saikou
Saikou
  • Predictions:  2,777  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,939
  • Post Score: 143

10.17.2022 | 1:31 AM ET

CheckleftHook

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2218th

Dw bro you can take an extra 30 mins to get up cos Karol rosa vs Lina lansberg will put you to sleep anyways 

* Edited at 10.17.2022, 2:06 AM ET *

"Jreynolds future champ"

bt1958
bt1958
  • Predictions:  1,874  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  50
  • Post Score: 72

10.17.2022 | 1:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 931st

Chookagian vs. Fiorot
Manon Fiorot, DEC
love "Chook" but...Manon....is just a little better in boxing....

Muhammad vs. Brady
Belal Muhammad, DEC
Muhammad has a excellent fight IQ

Petrosyan vs. Dobson
Armen Petrosyan, TKO, R2
Dobson's gas tank is questionable....

Mokaev vs. Gordon
Muhammad Mokaev, SUB, R1
mokaev is a monster....

Länsberg vs. Rosa
Karol Rosa, DEC
Rosa is quite technical .....lansberg is low volume

"Some days...you are the pigeon....and some days you are the statute "

AscendantMMA
AscendantMMA
  • Predictions:  75  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 175

10.17.2022 | 2:02 AM ET

@checklefthook

I wish it would start at 7am here.... for us Aussies the first prelim kicks off at midnight lol. Main event is at 6am roughly...
PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,217  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  717
  • Post Score: 256

10.17.2022 | 2:03 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 1281st

waiting for Rah's full card picks or just anything, please

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

solancol
solancol
  • Predictions:  182  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  37
  • Post Score: 173

10.17.2022 | 2:06 AM ET

olly vs islam

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2327th

my heart says oliveria but my brain says islam...

olly has came thru for me as a underdog in his past 3 fights... but this is probably the best line you'll have on islam for the foreseeable future... almost have to play it...

yet islam hasn't been against the top level opponent like charles... short notice dan hooker & bobby green isn't anything to write home about ...

and charles is so dangerous & and probably one of the most complete fighters on the roster...

such a hard fight to bet on
Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,492
  • Post Score: -57

10.17.2022 | 2:12 AM ET

ShaneB

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

Man if you are with Bananas for every pick of his you are about to lose a truck load of money.

Why don't you look at someone elses picks, someone who is an expert and has been called an MMA genius by many on this forum. 

I'm talking about myself of course. But you already knew that

"Positivity is a positive"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,259  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,492
  • Post Score: -57

10.17.2022 | 2:14 AM ET

Piggy

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1324th

It's coming tonight. Full breakdown of the results. Unfortunately they don't let you put more than 10 million on a parlay, otherwise I would have

"Positivity is a positive"

Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,259  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

10.17.2022 | 3:18 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 2998th

💰🔒 FREE MONEY 🔒💰

Mokaev ITD
Mustafaev ML
Sterling/Dillashaw over 1.5
Makhachev ML

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 11 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,835  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,198
  • Post Score: 192

10.17.2022 | 3:20 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 4487th

Sterling vs. Dillashaw
T.J. Dillashaw, TKO, R3
I personally think that Sterling is currently Over-hated and the Fights Against Yan Saga makes people forget that Sterling legitimately made his way to his title shot, I also get annoyed at his post-first fight and pre-second fight drama and the way in which I win the title, but Aljo is not a boom. I don't like TJ, especially because he is a serial cheater and although some try to defend him: postive test in EPO, the substance that your ex-training partners claims you use for years is a clear sign that this positive test was not the first time he cheated, but only the first time he was caught (EPO can only be detected in specialized Blood Tests and is a short-lived substance in the body). But beyond all that, I consider that Dillashaw is a nightmare matchup for Sterling: TJ has superior striking technique, has considerable more KO power, and has a solid wrestling base (NCAA Division I Wrestling). While Sterling is a good grappler, he knows how to use his reach and has a good volume of strikes, I personally don't see Sterling backpacking Dillashaw the way he did against Petr Yan or Cory Sandhagen. Although the EPO issue made his cardio against Sandhagen seem like an unknown, during the fight his energy was very good and he knew how to recover from a lot of damage in the second round and his chin took really good the flying knee to an inverted triangle choke by part from Sandhagen in the first round. In MMA anything can happen and the Champ is the Champ and they can't be counted out, but personally Sterling outwrestled Dillashaw to win would be one of the most surprising things I've seen in recent years and that's why it seems very unlikely to happen to me.

Yan vs. O'Malley
Petr Yan, TKO, R1
Yan has proven in the past to fight very well in striking that gives him a considerable reach and height advantage and I honestly don't think that the fight being 3 rounds instead of 5 rounds will affect Yan's pace. It's funny why Dana White and matchmakers throw a Hail Mary pass with this matchup and in return they will receive an Int. Pass and 100 yards pick six (in American Football terminology). In his lackluster performance against Pedro Munhoz, Sean shows that he is not ready for the Top 10 level. The funny thing is that against Yan, O'Malley thinks that he will become a star like McGregor against Aldo, but in reality in his fight against Yan he will become a big internet joke like McGregor after losing the trilogy against Poirier (after the change of personality and all the trash-talk in the run-up to the third fight).

Dariush vs. Gamrot
Mateusz Gamrot, TKO, R2
Gamrot is a really good athlete, he has good hand, chain wrestling and excellent grappling and 4 bonuses in 5 fights (2 FOTN and 2 POTN) show that he also knows how to put on a show in the octagon. Dariush, despite being in the UFC for a long time, is a fighter who has managed to evolve over the years. I think this is the fight that will demonstrate the generational change at 155 pounds, and despite being known for his grappling Gamrot also has KO Power and I think he will get a statement, finish Dariush with his striking. PS: Respect to Dariush for taking a fight against the #9 ranked player after being on a 7 win streak, he is a fighter who started at a very young age in the UFC, he has had highs and lows but has achieved his best version in recent years, I've really always rooted for the Assyrian fighter, because IMO Dariush has a good style to watch, but in this matchup I see Gamrot taking the win.

Chookagian vs. Fiorot
Manon Fiorot, TKO, R2
Fiorot looked like a title contender from her debut and has worked her way into the top women's flyweight division. A victory against Chookagian, who is ranked #1, can help a lot to move Fiorot up the rankings, who is #7, but I consider that the French fighter will seek a finish to ensure the possibility of a title shot, If Fiorot works with shots to the body from the start of the fight, I think she could get a standing TKO against Chookagian.

Muhammad vs. Brady
Sean Brady, DEC
Brady grappling/wrestling is real impressive, especially considering that he managed to defeat Craig Jones in a BJJ match using his wrestling and good movement in positions. Belal has evolved over the years, learning from his mistakes, improving his fighting style and making wrestling his main weapon. I really like both fighters because they are two genuine guys focused on in-octagon fighting, in a division where there are a lot of gimmick fighters, fighters trying to imitate others and fighters looking for trouble outside the octagon. I choose Sean Brady because although his victory against Chiesa was his best in terms of name, it was not the fight where he showed his best version: he fought almost the entire fight breathing blood because he had a broken nose and he spends hard times in the last round, but I think Brady is much better than that, his wrestling is not only about shooting double legs or cornering against the fence, he knows the moment to take the opponent to the ground and get the top position not only with takedown but also with scrambles that start from his strikes or as counters to his opponents strikes. Against Mathews, Brady showed that he also has Power in his hands, personally I see Belal superior in terms of his strike volume and use of striking, but in straight forward I consider Brady to have much more KO power. 

Oezdemir vs. Krylov
Nikita Krylov, DEC
Krylov has the weapons to establish himself in the Top 10, unfortunately he is usually not very consistent with his performance. Krylov avoid a fire fight against Walker and win with good fight IQ, but lost to Craig after relying too much on the ground against a solid grappling fighter like Paul Craig. Volkan has KO power and has plenty of durability, but has shown signs that his best days are behind him. Krylov, despite having a lot of experience and being in his second stint in the UFC, is only 30 years old, so adding another victory against a former title challenger after knocking out Alexander Gustafsson can give him the confidence to establish himself at the top of the LHW and demonstrated his potential.

Nishikawa vs. Mustafaev
Magomed Mustafaev, TKO, R1
I am truly amazed at how long Mustafev has been in the UFC, mostly because of the low number of fights in the promotion and the time out between fights. Mustafaev is a fighter with excellent striking and has a decent pankration base. Nishikawa has a considerably huge fight count for a fighter only 19 years old, but I don't consider him to be ready for the UFC. Ring Rust could be a factor, but I reckon Mustafaev would get another explosive KO like against Fizev in his first comeback after a huge amount of inactivity.

Mokaev vs. Gordon
Muhammad Mokaev, TKO, R1
Mokaev has a great experience in the amateur (world champion in IMMAF) and at 22 years old he can further evolve his level. Gordon looked really outclassed in his first 2 losses in the UFC (2 first round demolition loss), but has posted 2 wins to go 2-2 in the UFC. Honestly the matchmakers have given him an opponent for Mokaev to look the way he wants, many will choose Mokaev by submission due to the focus of his style, but I will choose Mokaev by KO. I see Mokaev coming out aggressive on his debut and catching Gordon with a big shot and knocking him unconscious.

Länsberg vs. Rosa
Karol Rosa, DEC
It's a good bounce back matchup for Karol Rosa who is coming off an upset loss against a Sara McMann who was always a very dangerous wrestler. Lina Lansberg for her part in a Muay Thai fighter who is currently on a 2-fight losing streak although in her last fight she had flashes managing to knock down Kianzad in the second round. Rosa has good strike volume and has the upper hand in the grappling department, I think it's a good opportunity for the Brazilian to get back into the win column.

* Edited at 10.17.2022, 3:23 AM ET *

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

10.17.2022 | 3:26 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3130th

"****."

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 109

10.17.2022 | 3:42 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 924th

Did anyone actually take a minute to find out how good Nishikawa is before picking Mustafaev?
Andrew1047
Andrew1047
  • Predictions:  4,259  |  82.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,813
  • Post Score: -82

10.17.2022 | 4:01 AM ET

Daebak

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 2998th

His record is padded with negative record guys 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 11 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
Vandal
Vandal
  • Predictions:  4,413  |  71.3%
  • Forum Posts:  807
  • Post Score: 96

10.17.2022 | 4:16 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 929th

Muradov vs. Borralho
Caio Borralho, SUB, R3
Is Borralho fighting just russian fighters? some kind of serial killer lol

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 109

10.17.2022 | 5:14 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 545 Points   |   Tied for 924th

Oh damn. This kid is about to catch a grown man beating. Terrible.
thecasualexpert
thecasualexpert
  • Predictions:  1,655  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  250
  • Post Score: 126

10.17.2022 | 5:26 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 4377th

Riding with charlie olives the whole way

"I just love fighting"

Goldy99
Goldy99
  • Predictions:  1,294  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  67
  • Post Score: 127

10.17.2022 | 5:28 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 2714th

Muhammad vs. Brady
Sean Brady, TKO, R2
Kept going back and forth on this fight but I have definetly decided on Brady now. Belal has impressed me but against strikers though. I think the grappling threat of Brady will make Belal worry a lot then Brady will come over the top with an overhand right and knock Belal out.

Muradov vs. Borralho
Caio Borralho, SUB, R1
Borralho has shown that he loves taking the back in every fight he's been in the UFC and if your getting pressured and subbed by GM3. I definitely believe Borralho can do the same and even do it bit faster too.

Oezdemir vs. Krylov
Nikita Krylov, TKO, R2
Loved the pressure from the Krylov in his last fight swarming Gus and eventually finishing him after dropping him. Oezdemir isn't as washed as Gustafsson but I still believe Krylov is faster than Oezdemir and definetly has the ability to put him away aswell.

Tussin33
Tussin33
  • Predictions:  405  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

10.17.2022 | 6:10 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2613th

Muradov vs. Borralho
Caio Borralho, SUB, R2
makhmud muradov

Cheddiemac
Cheddiemac
  • Predictions:  1,866  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 124

10.17.2022 | 6:47 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 4185th

Right listen up you bunch of ******s easy money to be made this weekend I repeat easy money here are 3 accas that if you had a brain you would tail them so here you go

Borralho
Mokaev 
Olivieria fight doesn’t go the distance 
Odds: evens 

Mokaev
Petrosyan 
Krylov
Dillashaw fight over 1.5 rounds
Odds: 3.05

Mokaev
Borralho
Mustafaev
Gamrot
Dillashaw fight over 1.5 rounds
Odds: 3.44

There may be a few repetitive picks but they are only because they are guaranteed locks like I would bet my entire farm of chickens on them if the bookies would accept. 
 So let’s get this ******* money people 
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

10.17.2022 | 7:46 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3884th

Caio isn’t a lock against Muradov. Tbh don’t understand anyone who has significant confidence either way in that one.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Page 60

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’