Topic: UFC 280

UFC 280: Oliveira vs. Makhachev

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,019
  • Post Score: 47

03.18.2022 | 1:52 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 280
  • Saturday 10.22.2022 at 10:30 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Etihad Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Paul Felder, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Attendance: 13,400
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:16 Round 2 of 5, 8:16 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   T.J. Dillashaw   via KO/TKO, Strikes From Back Mount   3:44 Round 2 of 5, 8:44 Total Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Petr Yan   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Mateusz Gamrot   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Katlyn Cerminara   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Belal Muhammad   defeats   Sean Brady   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Caio Borralho   defeats   Makhmud Muradov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nikita Krylov   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abubakar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Gadzhi Omargadzhiev   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Armen Petrosyan   defeats   AJ Dobson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Malcolm Gordon   via Submission, Armbar   4:26 Round 3 of 3, 14:26 Total Bout Page
Karol Rosa   defeats   Lina Länsberg   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Page 171

DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,259  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

10.23.2022 | 7:24 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 898th

Merab already won 8 in a row before him with his ****** win over Aldo. Makes it even more annoying that they’re not fighting 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 5 days, 11 hours, and 29 seconds from now.
theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

10.26.2022 | 11:38 AM ET

ccollins44

That's fine.  It isn't like this is the first time the judges got it wrong.  This was a bad decision.  It is what it is.  Had O'Malley done to Yan what Yan did to him and Yan did to O'Malley what O'Malley did to him, this would have gone to O'Malley by UD.  It's not really emotional for me.  This isn't the end of MMA.  Fighters win.  Fighters lose.  Unlike Boxing, an MMA fighter's career isn't crippled with one loss.  And as an olive branch, I think more often than not the judges get it right.  But far too often they have been getting it wrong, as well.  It's just how it is.  They have made worse decisions.  Hell, they have made worse decisions this year.  I think the Kim/Cachoeira fight to me was egregious.  Way worse than this. And, this won't be the last bad decision they make.  I'm sure they will make more bad decisions this year.  A lot of fights we don't notice it because in the end, the right hand is raised.  But we see what should be 30-27 fights end up as 29-28 all of the time.  No one says anything until the 29-28 becomes a 28-29 or 27-30.  I think the rounds were very clear in this fight.  You may not agree with that.  That's okay.  I acknowledge that even if Yan beat O'Malley's ass pillar to post for all 15 minutes and didn't absorb a single strike back, that when it goes to the cards, all bets are off.  It is entirely subjective.  In that same breath, I don't care if the media members are judges are not.  The judges have been very inconsistent the past 12 to 18 months.  So for 30/30 or whatever media members to all see it the same way, is very telling.  I think some judges are way more rehearsed in the sport than others and I think that plays a big part of it.  What I can say is that more important than my bets cashing, or us agreeing on how a fight went, is that we all continue to have that passion for this sport.  From LFA to Cage Warriors, CFFC, Bellator, UFC... I hope the sport remains untainted, as boxing has become and that passionate fans, such as ourselves can rally cry on for our favorite fighters, cheer, and enjoy this wonderful art of fighting.  Time will tell.

* Edited at 10.26.2022, 11:40 AM ET *

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

10.28.2022 | 12:54 PM ET

first guru picked jake

said knockout would occur
for the snake
but Prison Mike
did not take the bait
and suga sean won
after Guru incorrectly picked Yan
look he switched picks again
this is pretty funny
can't even pretend

This user is suspended from posting until 1 week, 3 days, 6 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
paulopasta
paulopasta

10.28.2022 | 1:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 931st

Dawg why are you posting this in this thread? The event has been over for days now
BriggsH
BriggsH
  • Predictions:  1,505  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  348
  • Post Score: 187

07.12.2023 | 10:45 AM ET

I’m still sad

"I back, trust me, I back."

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,566  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,517
  • Post Score: 13

07.12.2023 | 11:31 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 202nd

I'm still satisfied 

Felt so good seeing people tear up 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

07.19.2023 | 7:42 AM ET

Why would other people's pain feel good?

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

Page 171

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’